1. I ate some s’mores for lunch one day last week. Made in the oven. My life has been very, very boring this past week. That’s a warning for points #2-#10.

2. In crazy news, today makes the 52nd week of Tuesday Things. So I guess that’s like… a year? I find it hilarious because every week Tuesday Things isn’t something planned, it’s something like “oh if I have stupid things to say this week, I’ll do a Tuesday Things post.” I guess I have a lot of stupid things to say.

3. You know how I am freakishly obsessed with cookie dough? Well, Lindsay wrote an ENTIRE BOOK about cookie dough. I can’t even take it and want to make everything 36 times right this minute.

4. I attempted a fish tail braid in my VERY layered hair last week at about 10:30 at night because I was bored.

5. Then this past weekend, I put this sock bun in my cousin’s hair. Note: it totally works 3 zillion times better when you do it on someone else.

6. My little tomato plants have flowers. !!!! WHAT DOES THIS MEEEEAN?

7. You’ve probably seen it twenty times by now (I’m never in style, ever) but you should most definitely watch this marriage proposal.

8. Okay, Girls time! I can’t stop loving the show. I just can’t. Everyone is growing on me… even Adam. Barf. I mean, it’s totally in a “you’re gross-what is your deal-WHAT THE HECK-but I sort of like you now?” way. Kinda disgusted with myself.

9. Oh oh! Speaking of Girls, if you are a female in… let’s say the 27-34 age range, you should definitely watch this little video. However, it is not safe for work as there is some harsh (but true?) language involved, so I advise you watch it tonight at home in the comfort of your own pajamas. Then watch it four more times and go “OMG… that is so me!”

10. First real mojito of the season. You guys can all start celebrating summer now.

11. I’ve spent almost my entire working day listening to Steve Tyrell. Seriously, how old am I?! No. Seriously.

59 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — June 5, 2012 @ 4:08 pm

S’mores in the oven are less boring than microwave s’mores – and prove you are more patient than I am. :)

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — June 5, 2012 @ 4:09 pm

Girls was amazing this week. They must have written this episode after hearing feedback from Girls viewers’ boyfriends/husbands, because the scene with the guy calling Marnie and Jessa spoiled brats is pretty much how I think most guys feel about the show!

I went to a wedding this weekend where they played the song from that Lip Dub proposal and I died!! Also, they played How Sweet It Is for the father-daughter dance FYI

Patti G — June 5, 2012 @ 4:14 pm

Okay – couldn’t watch the proposal because it’s been blocked due to copyright grounds & content included in it. :(
    I’m 51, but the 29/31 song……..hilarious!!! TFS!

• Patti G — June 5th, 2012 @ 4:25 pm

okay – I just You Tubed it and watched it 12 million times! Loved it!!!

Alisan — June 5, 2012 @ 4:15 pm

FLOWERS = TOMATOES!!!!!! Congrats!!!

Leah — June 5, 2012 @ 4:15 pm

I love Tuesday things. Also, I almost 31 and just sent that song to almost everyone I know. It looks like it is going to be a pajama and James Taylor kind of evening :)

Eliza — June 5, 2012 @ 4:15 pm

I think you should do an every day Crumbs!! :-D

Lauren L. — June 5, 2012 @ 4:17 pm

First, your Tuesday Things posts are truly worth looking forward to…this spring, they usually popped up during my mindless Google Reader time in my least favorite law school class, and now that I am working at a firm this summer, they are a nice afternoon break. Second, my girlfriends and I watched all seven Girls episodes in a riveting and wild Saturday night adventure this weekend. That show is twisted and a bit of a train wreck…yet I think I will watch more.

Amy — June 5, 2012 @ 4:18 pm

Are we twins?! I’m listening to Steve Tyrell today too! Random.

Holly — June 5, 2012 @ 4:18 pm

Those little yellow flowers turn into TOMATOES!!! (little known fact- if it grows from a flower, .it’s a fruit!)

Samantha — June 5, 2012 @ 4:23 pm

This may be a stupid and obvious question, but exactly how do you make s’mores in the oven??? Because I totally want to do that!!!

• Jessica — June 5th, 2012 @ 4:48 pm

I just places some chocolate and marshmallows on the grahams, then set them under the broiler for a minute or so!

Liz — June 5, 2012 @ 4:24 pm

Seriously everyone, don’t watch #9 at work. I ignored the warning and put headphones in but then had to deal with my coworkers thinking I was choking because I was trying to cover up my laughing.

Jes @ IDK My BFF Jes — June 5, 2012 @ 4:24 pm

S’mores in the oven is so simple and yet so genius! I almost wish you hadn’t shared that because now I’m trying to plan out how to make these wihtout getting too chubby for my swimmy!

Nice fish tail! I can’t seem to get the sockbun to work on myself. I guess I’ll see if I can talk my roommate into helping me out.

I’m so on board with Girls now. Do I like the characters? not really. But it’s still intertaining.

brandi — June 5, 2012 @ 4:25 pm

love this :) your tuesday things make me feel not so crazy, after all, since most of them are true for me, too.

Connie — June 5, 2012 @ 4:27 pm

Flowers = tomatoes! Yay! I’m going to try the fishtail braid this week.

Laurie — June 5, 2012 @ 4:32 pm

Garfunkel and Oates also sing a gem called “Pregnant Women Are Smug”, one of my faves.

Chelsy — June 5, 2012 @ 4:33 pm

S’mores sound ah-mazing for lunch, and I have tried the fishtail braid and failed over and over…I have Rapunzel hair and basically can fit five fish tail braids in my head…it’s ridiculous!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — June 5, 2012 @ 4:37 pm

how have I not seen that marriage proposal!? OMG. There are actually guys out there who do stuff like that?! Amazing.

Katie — June 5, 2012 @ 4:38 pm

Oh.my.gosh.

That proposal video. I’m sitting here crying my little eyeballs out – it’s so amazing and touching and her FAMILY and her FRIENDS are all in on it and I love it so much I need to go watch it 3 bazillion more times.

• Jessica — June 5th, 2012 @ 4:47 pm

I KNOW.

char eats greens — June 5, 2012 @ 4:41 pm

I’ve never done a fish tail braid before and scared I’d mess it up! haha

Jules — June 5, 2012 @ 4:41 pm

LOVE the 29 / 31 song!! That is how I feel at 43….is that bad??

Christina @ This Woman Cooks! — June 5, 2012 @ 4:44 pm

Smore’s in the oven! Yes!

Katrina — June 5, 2012 @ 4:47 pm

Happy tuesday-things year! I need a mojito…

Megan — June 5, 2012 @ 4:49 pm

Flowers mean the tomatoes are coming!!!! Mmmmmm caprese time!

I made mojitos for memorial day and left EVERYTHING at my parents… <— my mom calls every night to confirm the ratio and has promised I'm her favorite child!!! :-)

kaceyjt2 — June 5, 2012 @ 4:50 pm

I had s’mores made in the oven for dessert yesterday. But instead of using regular marshmallows, I used those ginormous ones that are basically a whole meal. Not boring at all.

Karly — June 5, 2012 @ 5:15 pm

Here’s another secret…you’re an asshole.

I will be saying that all day to everyone. Possibly even to my children. I blame you.

• Jessica — June 5th, 2012 @ 5:22 pm

By far the best part. Ever.

Chels R. — June 5, 2012 @ 5:26 pm

Haha, I’m 28 and I listen to Steve Tyrell all the time!

Ali B — June 5, 2012 @ 7:18 pm

I try to braid my hair all of the time but it’s layered too so it never looks right :(

Averie @ Averie Cooks — June 5, 2012 @ 7:30 pm

Love smores. I need to oven bake. With my luck, I’d set off the smoke detector. I have the world’s most sensitive. It goes off with sweet potatoes roasting. I bet it would love toasty marshmallows….I would though!!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — June 5, 2012 @ 7:34 pm

I want those s’mores. That is all.

Catalina @ Cake with Love — June 5, 2012 @ 8:00 pm

Is it too much if I tell you that the proposal video made me cry, OMG I am still crying!!

Meghan — June 5, 2012 @ 8:06 pm

My tomato plant has flowers too!!! I have no idea what it means but I am assuming something good!

P.S. that marriage proposal made my entire week! I am making my husband go back in time to propose to me like that as we speak.

Cait's Plate — June 5, 2012 @ 8:54 pm

Oh my gosh that marriage proposal was AWESOME!! I’m so out of the cyber space loop so thanks for sharing!

karisse — June 5, 2012 @ 9:18 pm

That 29 31 was the best thing I have seen in a while. So true that it was eerie. Who let them into my brain?

Sadie — June 6, 2012 @ 12:20 am

I think I’d like to be your friend. You seem like so much fun.

Cookin' Canuck — June 6, 2012 @ 12:29 am

I saw that marriage proposal a few days ago, and may have watched it 12 times since then (my week and your week are pretty much on par excitement-wise this week). Love the mojito and I think I need to make some this weekend.

Kristen — June 6, 2012 @ 3:38 am

Just had a s’more party! Chocolate-y marshmallow-y goodness? yes please! http://lifeasanamericanadian.blogspot.com/2012/06/smore-party.html

nancy k — June 6, 2012 @ 8:27 am

It meeeeeeans you will have tomatoes!!!
    I alrady had flowers on mine when I purchased the plants and after planting( and a very rainy weekend) they are going strong. I only plant the cherry variety. They produce tons and I mean TONS of fruit and they crop comes in way ssoner than other varieties.
    Anyway best of luck and keep them fertilized…you will get bigger and better crops.

Laura — June 6, 2012 @ 8:43 am

Such a great post! Great links! I loved the proposal. I cried!

Michelle Smith — June 6, 2012 @ 8:51 am

Thanks for the links to the clips. Your tuesday things always make me laugh

Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life — June 6, 2012 @ 10:03 am

That was the best proposal video I have ever seen in my entire life!

caroleena — June 6, 2012 @ 10:08 am

Thank you so much for this post! I loved the links — the proposal is so sweet, but the 29/31 is so real. I am still laughing! I hope the rest of your week is as awesome as you’ve made my day today. :D

Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles — June 6, 2012 @ 11:27 am

I love your Tuesday Things posts. I look forward to them every week….They never fail to make me smile. Haven’t seen Girls yet (no HBO) but can’t wait for the disks to come out!

Carrie — June 6, 2012 @ 11:31 am

9. OMG, that’s so me!!!! I’m 31 and so over it…. there’s nobody left, I’m all alone!!!!

Rachel C — June 6, 2012 @ 11:46 am

I was looking on this weeks “Tuesday Things” for the mention of Pee-Wee Herman linking to one of your recipes on twitter. Ha ha, that is very cool. ;)

“Girls” is great, can’t get enough!

I was on a major smores kick this weekend too. :/

• Jessica — June 6th, 2012 @ 12:38 pm

Haha! That was crazy.

elaine — June 6, 2012 @ 12:21 pm

soooo what does it mean if i’m 29 now and feel like the 31 year old??? haha, the “slightly ajar window” line, killed me!

Ivy — June 6, 2012 @ 1:20 pm

if your tomato plant is really little and already has flowers on it, that means it’s under distress and needs water or better soil or more light. plants will produce flowers when they are dying as a last ditch effort to reproduce before they die. so you might want to make sure it has all the important elements. i love your recipes! and your humor!

sorry to repeat this, but i posted it to the wrong page

Katie — June 6, 2012 @ 7:42 pm

I want that Mojito. I make smores using a bamboo stick over my gas burner regularly :)

Rose — June 6, 2012 @ 7:51 pm

Oh my goodness, that proposal video made me cry my eyes out!! It’s so amazing and ridiculously sweet..I can’t stand it. It is a real life movie scene!! But better!! Thanks for sharing :)

Kat — June 6, 2012 @ 9:46 pm

I can’t wait for P’s hair to get long enough to do a fish braid! So cute!!! And the sock bun- totally awesome but not for my hair.

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy — June 7, 2012 @ 12:06 am

I love wearing my hair in a fish tail braid, but my hair does the same thing since I have so many layers.

1. Pingback: Green Chile Turkey Burgers | this life abundant