Say hello to my dinner last night.

No-Bake Coconut Cream [Goat Cheese] Cheesecake I howsweeteats.com

I TRIED. I tried to stay away. I tried to eat something more dinner-like. I had kale sitting on the counter to make chips. I had tortillas out for a quesadilla. I had a spoon in a peanut butter jar which is like, almost dinner.

But I also had leftover mini cheesecakes in my fridge.

What would you choose? Exactly.

No-Bake Coconut Cream [Goat Cheese] Cheesecake I howsweeteats.com

I mean, I tried to save it for dessert, but it was just pointless. I could think of nothing else but these creamy coconut cheesecakes in my fridge and how sad and lonely they looked sitting there on the shelf and how I should most definitely comfort one with a spoon.

So.

You see how that turned out.

No-Bake Coconut Cream [Goat Cheese] Cheesecake I howsweeteats.com

Oh oh – and I made them with goat cheese. In case you missed the title way up there.

Tangy, creamy goat cheese. What do you think about that? Crazy, awesome, weird, amazing?

No-Bake Coconut Cream [Goat Cheese] Cheesecake I howsweeteats.com

Last week, while at an event with Dole, we were served some lemon goat cheese cheesecake after lunch at the Corkscrew Cafe that was so light and airy that it blew.my.mind. [Uh, there was also meyer lemon PIZZA. But that's another story for another day.]

This isn’t AS light and airy… but it’s a little light and airy. Like, really just a little. Because it’s pretty freaking creamy. Weirdly enough, this dessert isn’t super sweet either. It’s silky and melts in your mouth, but it isn’t so sugary that it makes your teeth itch. Which, duh… is like the best kind of dessert ever.

But it’s okay. I’ll make a sacrifice for this.

No-Bake Coconut Cream [Goat Cheese] Cheesecake I howsweeteats.com

And people? This cheesecake does not taste like it came off a farm. I had ONE bad goat cheese experience (that nearly left me scarred) but I know that many of you have had them as well. Since you’re mixing the goat cheese with a handful of other ingredients, you get that token tang but not a whole ton of goat and farm and… whatever… flavor. I know, I know… I’ll stop.

The other best thing ever? This is EASY. I’m talking really easy. As in beat the ingredients together and pour them in a dish. No baking, no cheesecake cracking, no water bath, no covering up the top of your ugly cheesecake with a last-minute whipped cream since it looks like death. No stressing. Whip it together, pour it in a jar, set it in the fridge. The worst part is waiting for it to chill, buuuuut… that’s what the peanut butter jar is for.

No-Bake Coconut Cream [Goat Cheese] Cheesecake I howsweeteats.com

No-Bake Coconut Cream Goat Cheese Cheesecake

[adapted from martha stewart's no bake cheesecake]

makes 6 (4-ounce jar) mini cheesecakes

4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs

6 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature

8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature

1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk

1/4 cup canned coconut milk

1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes for topping

whipped cream or coconut whipped cream for topping

In a small bowl, mix together butter and graham crumbs until moistened. Press crumbs into the container of your choice (jar, ramekin, etc) with the back of a spoon.

In the bowl of an extract mixer, beat cream cheese and goat cheese until combined and smooth, scraping down the sides when needed. With the mixer on low speed, slowly drizzle in the condensed milk and then the coconut milk, continuing to scrape down the sides until the mixture is very smooth. Add in extracts and stir.

Pour cheesecake mixture evenly over top of crusts. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours, then top with whipped cream and toasted coconut.

No-Bake Coconut Cream [Goat Cheese] Cheesecake I howsweeteats.com

Serves one. I mean six.

125 Responses to “No-Bake Coconut Cream [Goat Cheese] Cheesecake.”

Rodzilla — July 17, 2012 @ 6:58 am

honestly everything I love. Time for you to start consulting with menu designs.

Ali @ Peaches and Football — July 17, 2012 @ 6:59 am

Hey, I’m all for making cheesecake for dinner. In fact, I’ve been known on one (or 100) occasions to whip up some kind of dessert for dinner and then sit in front of the TV diving in with glee. I’ve never tried making anything with goat cheese though. It freaks me a bit, could I sub for cream cheese?

• Jessica — July 17th, 2012 @ 7:43 am

Yep!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — July 17, 2012 @ 7:00 am

Yum!! I would never of thought of Goats Cheese in Cheesecake. This sounds so delicious!!!

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — July 17, 2012 @ 7:04 am

I love goat cheese, and would NEVER have thought to use it in cheesecake. Flipping genius.

Simply Life — July 17, 2012 @ 7:07 am

oh wowowowow! what a great dessert!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — July 17, 2012 @ 7:14 am

Nobody makes me miss cheese like you do! This looks amazing!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — July 17, 2012 @ 7:19 am

So simple, I’m in love. I’m glad we get to relive your foodie experiences through your recipes. :)

DessertForTwo — July 17, 2012 @ 7:20 am

These look SOO scrumptious! And I love that they’re no-bake! And I convince myself that goat cheese is healthy all the time! :)

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — July 17, 2012 @ 7:26 am

Oh, wow. I don’t know that I would have been able to resist the leftovers of this sitting in my fridge, either. Looks pretty mind blowing.

Jacqueline — July 17, 2012 @ 7:43 am

If I make them today, I can have ‘dinner’ ready for the next six days! I’ve got nothin’ to lose. These look soo good.

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh — July 17, 2012 @ 7:49 am

Those are super cute!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — July 17, 2012 @ 7:49 am

Aww these are SO cute Jess! I love the little jars. Please tell me the Meyer lemon pizza recreation is coming soon too!

Christina A — July 17, 2012 @ 8:17 am

Your Blog is always a delight to view and gather ideas! Thank you :)

Where did you find those cute individual glass pots that you have made the dessert in, I love individual servings for parties and these are precious!

• Jessica — July 17th, 2012 @ 8:22 am

They are from Kohl’s… they are Food Network brand and actually labeled as “small storage jars.” Come in a set!

• Christina A — July 17th, 2012 @ 8:23 am

Thank you Jessica!

Alyssa — July 17, 2012 @ 8:21 am

Goat cheese in cheesecake sounds like the best idea ever!

Kelly — July 17, 2012 @ 8:40 am

Here’s the thing…sometimes you just gotta eat what you crave. I know that if I ignore the cravings, eat what I should I ALWAYS ends up eating more than if I just ate what I wanted in the first place. So sometimes several tablespoons (you know like 5) of coconut butter trumps the grilled chicken breast and green vegetable. I feel happy. Because let’s be honest…if I had eaten the well rounded meal I STILL would have had the coconut butter afterwards and felt icky.

• Jessica — July 17th, 2012 @ 10:39 pm

YES. This. Always.

Victoria (District Chocoholic) — July 17, 2012 @ 8:47 am

Mmmmmm goat cheese

Monique @ Ambitious Kitchen — July 17, 2012 @ 8:53 am

Jessica, you are so talented and your photography… just beautiful. I love coming to your blog for a good laugh. :) These cheesecakes look like heaven and I can just imagine the melt in your mouth creaminess the goat cheese delivers. I’ll have to try it sometime!

• Jessica — July 17th, 2012 @ 10:39 pm

Thanks so much Monique!

Amber @ Slim Pickin's Kitchen — July 17, 2012 @ 8:54 am

OH.MY.GAH. You have outdone yourself this time! This looks absolutely amazing…like it’s my two most favoritest things on the planet rolled into one. I can’t frickin’ wait to try this!

Nicole @ Healthy Way to Cook — July 17, 2012 @ 8:55 am

This looks so, so good. Goat cheese, cream cheese, coconut…what’s not to love? Trying this ASAP!

Ali @ Gimme Some Oven — July 17, 2012 @ 9:03 am

Oooh – love this ingredient combination! They look so cute!!

Kim in MD — July 17, 2012 @ 9:03 am

YUM! This looks crazy delicious, and you had me at no-bake! It’s going to be 99 degrees here today, so anything I can make that doesn’t require my oven is a winning recipe!

Katie — July 17, 2012 @ 9:08 am

Seriously. My soul. Can we just be next door neighbors and eat brown butter croutons and goat cheese cheesecake every day forever and ever? Our husbands can get together and grill chicken or something…

• Jessica — July 17th, 2012 @ 10:39 pm

Um, twist my arm…

Ashley — July 17, 2012 @ 9:27 am

#1 – That was one of my favorite desserts ever. #2 – I hate when desserts make my teeth itch!! #3 – You basically just created cheesecake……..PUDDING!!!!!!! #4 – yes.yes.yes.

Jessica L. — July 17, 2012 @ 9:48 am

these are too freaking cute. and they actually make me want to try goat cheese!!

Messy — July 17, 2012 @ 10:28 am

Wow! These look delish!
    I just wanted to let you know I featured your blog and the Puffy Peanut Butter Cookies in a post I did today :)
    They turned out fab!

Cheers,
    Messy

Meg @ Peaches and Cake — July 17, 2012 @ 11:03 am

Hahah oh my god cheese off the farm is so gross I know!

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy — July 17, 2012 @ 11:06 am

oh my gosh those look so delicious! and i love the presentation! so adorable!

allie@sweetpotatobites.com — July 17, 2012 @ 11:07 am

i love goat cheese and think this is a great idea to use in cheesecake. and the presentation is so cute! perfect for a party or you know just a normal friday night in.

Chelsea — July 17, 2012 @ 11:19 am

This looks soooo good! I love coconut!

Megan {Country Cleaver} — July 17, 2012 @ 11:24 am

Awww poor thing it definitely needed comforting. And by comforting – eating was a good choice.

Kenzie-Rose — July 17, 2012 @ 11:25 am

Girl, stop makin’ me drool!

ellenbcookery — July 17, 2012 @ 11:26 am

Now you’ve really outdone yourself. This is seriously delicious!

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen — July 17, 2012 @ 11:29 am

I haven’t tried goat cheese cheesecake yet, but I have been completely enamored with the idea since I started seeing it around various blogs. This looks delicious!

Adrienne @ Midwestern Belle — July 17, 2012 @ 11:46 am

These are too cute!! Plus, when they’re mini…You can have two ;)

Lindsey — July 17, 2012 @ 11:46 am

I love that these are no bake! They look delicious!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — July 17, 2012 @ 12:05 pm

dear Lord,

please let this be my dinner tonight too.

amen.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — July 17, 2012 @ 12:07 pm

Your pictures make my soul hurt they are so pretty. Looks great!

• Jessica — July 17th, 2012 @ 10:38 pm

Thank you!

joelle (on a pink typewriter) — July 17, 2012 @ 12:34 pm

I need to learn to stop reading your posts in the cubicle of my office, because it just makes me want to run home and rummage through my kitchen to whip up your latest recipe. THIS LOOKS SO GOOD!

JulieD — July 17, 2012 @ 12:48 pm

Goodness gracious is all I can say. This looks amazing!!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — July 17, 2012 @ 1:23 pm

Fabulous amazing idea – goat cheese has that certain tang that makes you feel like it could easily be turned into a great cheesecake (as you just did) and like you said, without the water bath and cracking and all that business. Who needs that when you have this :)

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles — July 17, 2012 @ 1:42 pm

I’m pretty sure I’ve left a similar comment on your blog at least 5 times before,

but my lord. you are brilliant.

I love goat cheese. and cheesecake. and coconut. aka – must make this.

Justeen @ Blissful Baking — July 17, 2012 @ 1:44 pm

Love goat cheese. Love cheesecake. Love coconut. Love that this is no bake!

Eileen — July 17, 2012 @ 2:02 pm

Goat cheese no-bake cheesecake? You don’t have to twist my arm. :) Sounds fabulous!

Cait's Plate — July 17, 2012 @ 2:51 pm

I don’t blame you in the least. I actually would’ve been slightly disappointed if you resisted and had kale chips instead ;)

• Jessica — July 17th, 2012 @ 10:37 pm

Right?

Janalee — July 17, 2012 @ 2:55 pm

Uh…Your blog and recipes make every single day better for me. Thank you SO much!

• Jessica — July 17th, 2012 @ 10:37 pm

Thank YOU for reading!

Milynn — July 17, 2012 @ 5:29 pm

Goat cheese as a dessert? I would have never guess this could be mixed with cheesecake so it is a quirky idea but my does it look tasty.

-Milynn
    Love and Whimsy

Katrina — July 17, 2012 @ 5:35 pm

Whoa. These little beauties are unreal! You rock my world. I need to start having dinners like this!

Amanda @ The Dormestic Goddess — July 17, 2012 @ 6:14 pm

Oh.my.word. These look phenomenal. And I was just going to make muffins with the goat cheese I’ve got in the fridge – not anymore! The photos and recipe look fantastic Jessica!

Jamie @ green beans & grapefruit — July 17, 2012 @ 6:14 pm

These look outrageous!!!!

Nicole — July 17, 2012 @ 6:24 pm

I never liked goat cheese until I started dating my boyfriend. He is a cheese fanatic. Now though, I can’t get enough of tangy goodness. Can’t wait to make this!

• Jessica — July 17th, 2012 @ 10:34 pm

I wish I had a boyfriend who was a cheese fanatic.

1. Pingback: Roasted Blueberry Coconut Quinoa Parfait with Coconut Granola. | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: Roasted Blueberry Coconut Quinoa Parfaits with Coconut Granola. | Lifestyle Pins

3. Pingback: Roasted Blueberry Coconut Quinoa Parfaits with Coconut Granola. » A Bowl Full Of Blogs

4. Pingback: Life With Twins… | Heather Eats Almond Butter

5. Pingback: Look Ma, I Made A Cheesecake | Stylish, Stealthy & Healthy.

6. Pingback: Design Crush » How Sweet It Is

7. Pingback: Celebrate National Cheesecake Day | Healthier Cheesecake Recipes

8. Pingback: wish i was… | sang the bird

9. Pingback: Roasted Summertime Chickpea Salad | How Sweet It Is

10. Pingback: No-Bake Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecakes. | Lifestyle Pins

11. Pingback: No-Bake Banana Cream Cheesecakes | How Sweet It Is

12. Pingback: עוגת גבינה וקוקוס בכוסות אישיות - עוגיו.נט

13. Pingback: No-Bake Banana Cream Cheesecakes. | Food & Recipes

14. Pingback: No-Bake Coconut Cheesecake | Muffin Bites

15. Pingback: 10 NO BAKE CHEESECAKES TO COOL YOU DOWN | Best Friends For Frosting

16. Pingback: Walnuss-Marillen-Cheesecake | strudelgoesparis

17. Pingback: No-Bake Coconut Cream Goat Cheese Cheesecake | From lil' J's Kitchen