Sooooo. Remember early last week when I pretended my name was Alex and had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day(ssss)?

Peach, Bacon + Gouda Grilled Cheese Sliders on Pretzel Bread I howsweeteats.com

And the only thing saving me was putting peaches in my grilled cheese?

Yeah.

I ate a bunch of these grilled cheeses and felt ten million times better.

Peach, Bacon + Gouda Grilled Cheese Sliders on Pretzel Bread I howsweeteats.com

Let me lay it all on the table for you:

Food is my drug. In the best way ever. And when my husband is away and I have to be a real adult about things instead of getting in my pajamas at 4PM – (or let’s be serious here, not getting OUT of my pajamas until 4PM) – and watching chick flicks ’til I pass out on the couch, wake up absolutely starrrrrving at 11:13PM, and proceed to take down one third of a bag of peanut butter pretzels… I rely heavily on my drug. It’s the time when I get to eat whatever I want, whether it’s a meat-free kale salad (yeah right) or a bacon-heavy carbonara (more than likely).

And all of the above is my very strong argument for grabbing two pretzel loaves at the grocery store the weekend before, when I knew it would be just me and me alone. I sensed they would come in handy when I was relishing in my alone time.

Peach, Bacon + Gouda Grilled Cheese Sliders on Pretzel Bread I howsweeteats.com

Oh!

Please take note of my very tan hand.

Peach, Bacon + Gouda Grilled Cheese Sliders on Pretzel Bread I howsweeteats.com

No, really. That is me being tan. I’m not joking. Wish I was. That is me, in JULY, after at least 2-3 days per week of being in the sun for about 2-3 months. And let’s not confuse it with a beautiful peaches-n-cream complexion or anything. This is the I’m-so-pasty-you-can-see-my-viens-and-yucky-pink-undertones complexion. This better pay off for me in like 40 years. Or else I want a skin refund.

But besides that, it would be in your best interest to make another grilled cheese with fruit in it, especially if it’s on pretzel bread. Because then, it’s uh… like you’re eating a soft pretzel with cheese and bacon and peaches. And who doesn’t want that?

Peach, Bacon + Gouda Grilled Cheese Sliders on Pretzel Bread I howsweeteats.com

Peach, Bacon + Gouda Grilled Cheese Sliders on Pretzel Bread

Yield: makes 8 sliders

Ingredients:

2 pretzel baguettes, each sliced into 8 equal rounds
8 ounces gouda cheese, sliced into 16 squares
4 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and cut into pieces
2 peaches, sliced
3-4 tablespoons butter

Directions:

Assemble sliders by placing a slice of cheese on top of the bread, followed by bacon and peaches, then another slice of cheese on top to act as “glue.” Heat a skillet or griddle over medium-low heat, butter both outsides of the bread and place on skillet, cooking for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and cheese is melty. Serve immediately!

Note: you can obviously use regular baguettes, or even a loaf of pretzel bread or pretzel buns.

Peach, Bacon + Gouda Grilled Cheese Sliders on Pretzel Bread I howsweeteats.com

I think this is breakfast.

81 Responses to “Peach, Bacon + Gouda Grilled Cheese Sliders on Pretzel Bread.”

Sharyn Dimmick — July 28, 2012 @ 8:06 am

Oh yeah! I’m eating this this summer. Your skin looks lovely, no matter what terrible, horrible things you say about it — perhaps it thrives on pretzel bread and carbonara.

Susan Stonick — July 28, 2012 @ 8:40 am

Looks incredible! I live in Pittsburgh. I have seen the rolls….where do you find the bread? Market District?

Joelle (on a pink typewriter) — July 28, 2012 @ 9:23 am

This sounds amaaaaze face.

michelle — July 28, 2012 @ 10:30 am

whoahdamn.

Nikki — July 28, 2012 @ 11:03 am

OMG, this looks like heaven!

Megan — July 28, 2012 @ 12:52 pm

Where do you buy a pretzel baguette?

Lisa @ Mom, Net Mom — July 28, 2012 @ 1:02 pm

Think I may have to try this tonight as hubby-dear is away and the girls & I ate carbonara last night before our movie marathon and candy pig-out. Thanks for the great fun, and tasty new idea.

Lacey — July 28, 2012 @ 1:31 pm

I want 10 of those right now. I would never think to put those things together but now I’m thinking how wonderful it seems they compliment each other!

ellenbcookery — July 28, 2012 @ 8:42 pm

Wow! These are excellent!

Larissa — July 29, 2012 @ 8:48 am

Made these heavenly grilled cheeses for lunch yesterday! Thanks so much for the recipe and ideas to include fruit in grilled cheese.

Alicia — July 29, 2012 @ 9:14 am

Where do I get this pretzel bread?? What kind of bacon do you use? Do you have your own pig? Because my kitchen is not a kitchen(someday) I use my grill burner outside to cook it ,so the smoke alarm doesn’t go off.

Courtney @ Bake. Eat. Repeat. — July 30, 2012 @ 10:02 am

I love everything about this. Want a stack in my life right now.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — July 30, 2012 @ 10:19 am

I love absolutely everything about these.

Ash — July 30, 2012 @ 11:36 am

Stop it! This isn’t right!

Colette — July 30, 2012 @ 12:53 pm

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

*faints*

Kat — July 30, 2012 @ 4:18 pm

I know I’ve asked this before but I really feel like I have to beg this time- can I please move in so you could feed me?

dervla @ The Curator — July 30, 2012 @ 11:41 pm

I don’t really have words to express how much I want to eat this. Making it for dinner tomorrow. The sweetness of the peaches must be amazing with the salty bacon.

Bethany @ Accidental Intentions — July 31, 2012 @ 10:04 am

This sounds like heaven on earth. Must make.

Jennifer Holmes (aka "Abi:) — July 31, 2012 @ 4:45 pm

Yes, I would love this! BUT, in all of my 70 years, I have never even heard of pretzel bread before! I have made grilled cheddar cheese with crispy bacon on rye bread with sesame seeds which is v good, but I want pretzel bread so I can make these grilled cheese sandwiches with peaches!

Deborah Mullen — August 4, 2012 @ 7:13 pm

Pretzel Bread, Pretzel Bread, I really want to find Pretzel Bread! Will you please share where you procure this lovely looking bread?!!? We live in northern Washington state about 30 miles north of Seattle and I have never seen anything like this. I would be willing to go to Seattle to get this. Thank You
    (by the way the Pike Street Market that is a real draw in Seattle has some wonderful bakeries. We can not go there without stopping for Whole Wheat Sticky buns, mmmm,kinda sounds good right now.)

meatballs & milkshakes — March 11, 2013 @ 2:40 pm

Yum! I always love putting fruit in my panini or grilled cheeses…..the salty and sweet combo is great! I just wish we got good peaches up here more consistently…