highlight of the weekend by far was discovering chica loca tacos: a taco and gelato place! what else in life do you need? if you are in pittsburgh, you must go there. best tacos ever.

26 Responses to “Weekend Stuff.”

Christina — July 1, 2012 @ 8:34 pm

Taco’s and gelato is by far the only things you need in life!

Kristina — July 1, 2012 @ 8:35 pm

tacos and gelato together? oh my. <–said in the tone of Lions Tigers and Bears…

looks like a beautiful weekend – ours went waaaay too fast.

Alisa Link — July 1, 2012 @ 8:47 pm

The BEST part of a sprinkle cone are those sprinkles that get stuck in the cone webbing. So glad you captured that.

kerri — July 1, 2012 @ 8:48 pm

Jessica, I thought of you because I found a box of popcorn that was bacon flavored…
    I’m glad that you had a great weekend that screamed “summa-time!” :)

luv what you do — July 1, 2012 @ 9:10 pm

I LOVE sunset wheat! What an amazing looking weekend! Especially that sprinkle-covered ice cream cone. Perfect on a hot day!

Megan Q — July 1, 2012 @ 9:19 pm

You’re “Weekend Stuff” made me feel so lame when I scrolled through – why am I scrolling through when I could be out! Thanks for the motivation ;) Looks like fun!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — July 1, 2012 @ 9:27 pm

Yay, another new taco place! Have you been to Casa Rasta in Beechview? I think Smoke in Homestead is still the best! :)

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — July 1, 2012 @ 9:42 pm

I love the pictures of your ice cream slowly disappearing! You have a lot more patience than me, to take those pictures! I’d just want to focus on the ice cream! ;)

Mariah — July 1, 2012 @ 9:45 pm

So sad I’ve moved from the ‘burgh! Next time I’m in town, fo sho!!

Louisa — July 1, 2012 @ 9:45 pm

You always have the most delicious looking food! Now I want to dive into that pool and eat ice cream and sprinkles :)

Cait's Plate — July 1, 2012 @ 10:21 pm

Looks like a pretty fabulous summer weekend full of all the good stuff :)

B — July 1, 2012 @ 11:49 pm

YUM.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — July 2, 2012 @ 12:15 am

Your DQ cone. I haven’t had one in probably 20 years. I LIVED on those things, and Heath Bar Blizzards, all summer long as a kid. Gosh, now I want some DQ!

Niemenos — July 2, 2012 @ 2:46 am

lovely weekend indeed….

OldTurtle — July 2, 2012 @ 6:58 am

Wow! That is an impressive weekend. Thanks for sharing it.

HeatherChristo — July 2, 2012 @ 10:18 am

your weekends always look so amazing. I need to spruce things up :)

jess — July 2, 2012 @ 10:23 am

I LOVE leinenkugal sunset wheat!! It tastes like Fruity Pebbles to me!!

Melissa — July 2, 2012 @ 10:40 am

I think I know those the cupcakes! Oakmont Bakery??

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — July 2, 2012 @ 11:10 am

OMG, I haven’t been to DQ in for.ev.ahhhhh. I don’t remember their cones being so deliciously sprinkly–and I love me some extra sprinkles. I may be notorious for asking for a miniature cup of just sprinkles + a sprinkled cone so I can dip my cone in my extra side jimmies for when I eat them all off the cone. And btw, that Sunset Wheat beer is redonkulous. Love it.

Jen — July 2, 2012 @ 11:58 am

Chica loca sounds great! It’s so awesome that we’ve got some really good mexican places sprouting up around Pittsburgh, like Smoke in Homestead which is one of my favorites. Love a good taco!

Amber @ Slim Pickin's Kitchen — July 2, 2012 @ 1:10 pm

OMG!!! Those cupcakes were GIANT!!!! Were the tacos and gelato scoops that big too? ;)

Nichole Livengood — July 2, 2012 @ 3:59 pm

great pics! Did you use your iphone? What collage app did you use?

Twyla — July 3, 2012 @ 1:23 pm

Jess, Where are the cupcakes from? I’m always looking for a new cupcake place. Love your pics, always full of fun, food & family! The 3 most important things in my life too!!
    Have a great 4th!

Taylor — July 6, 2012 @ 10:02 am

wow!! i didnt know about Chica Loca Taco! and i live very close to shadyside!
    thanks jessica! so excited.

Shafeeqa @ Crushland — December 12, 2012 @ 7:01 am

These pics are beautiful!! The ice cream pics are so original.

Larry — January 4, 2013 @ 4:24 pm

Now I wanna shove fresh tortilla chips (and guacamole and cheese sauce) in my face until I can’t move anymore. Thank you.