1. Is that not one of the prettiest tacos you’ve even seen?! Man I could totally eat these tacos every single meal of the day. Of my life.

2. You know… what I wouldn’t give for a mississippi mud brownie right about now. UGH. And you don’t even want to know how I just spelled mississippi there. Oh oh oh and chocolate berry slab pie. WHAT. I just want anything with the word “slab” in it.

3. I always have this dilemma, and it’s about grilled cheese. I freaking love grilled cheese. I could eat it for every meal. But like, one grilled cheese is never enough to fill me up. It’s just cheese and bread. And butter. And I dip it in ketchup. So then I’m stuck with the dilemma of making a second grilled cheese which is like, a LOT of cheese, and maybe feeling like a slob… or eating something else which will be particularly more boring than grilled cheese.

4. Been living on the TLC pandora station right now and whoa, it’s fantastic. But I can’t help but wonder how I listened to that back in 6th and 7th grade. And I’d reallllllly like to know what I thought the red light special was.

5. Even better than TLC? When I was making my husband listen to it with me on Sunday, he suggested trying an En Vouge station. Ummmm… yes. Oh and I’ve totally been using my iPhone for workouts lately just so I can listen to Pandora and not my stale playlists. I love not knowing what is coming next. The only time it’s impossible is when I lift, and I guess I could stick it in my bra or something buuuuut I sweat like man.

6. 6 things you should never give up on – LOVE.

7. Okay, so two weekends ago before our big brunch? My husband was on the same flight as Calvin Borel – who, if you don’t know is a major Derby-winning jockey. To say this might have been the most exciting day of his life is an understandment. He ran in the door and said “I got a picture for your Tuesday Things!” Then I forgot to put the picture up last weekend and I’ve never seen him so crushed. Highlight of his life… right here.

8. I have learned in my new adventure of ice cream making that putting it in a non-normal ice cream container (like a loaf pan, which I used…) is… dangerous. Because you know what a pint and a quart look like. But when you sit on the couch and scrap ice cream on a spoon from a long 9x5ish rectangle, you have no idea how much you’re really eaten. And then… it’s lunch.

9. As someone who 1. hates to talk on the phone and 2. rarely has any time, I’m in love with this idea of the 5 minute phone call.

10. Know what I can’t STAND right now? Those back to school Target commercials. OMG. There are two with men and one with a woman and they all make up these super annoying songs. Gahhhh. The only reason I am semi-happy the Olympics are over is because my TV won’t be on as much and I won’t have to hear those commercials every five seconds.

11. I got a new computer over the weekend, the first I’ve ever bought since I started blogging. And well… I’m sort of having this issue with my old computer. Like I’m mourning it. Like I can’t handle the change and am having a very hard time not using the old computer. Not because of technological differences but because of… emotional distress. I’m a wreck.

12. OH MY GOSH. Last Tuesday evening my dad and I were sitting outside, across from each other waiting to pick up my mom and aunt at the airport. Mid-conversation, my sunglasses just totally snapped in half right on my face. Right in half. Right on MY FACE. I didn’t touch them, wasn’t moving, wasn’t doing a thing. They just… snapped. Apparently it was pretty hilarious because my dad could not stop laughing.

13. Oh boy. I desperately need this: 10 ways to be less awkward. Fab.

14. One of my all-time fave pictures of face baby, right here. Just look at that. You gotta smile.

76 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Lindsay — August 14, 2012 @ 4:17 pm

Oh. Em. Gee. I just discovered Chica Loca like 2 weeks ago and I am OBSESSED. That black bean and corn taco might be the best thing I’ve ever tasted. At the very least it’s easily the healthiest thing in my top 10.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — August 14, 2012 @ 4:18 pm

Glad meeting Calvin made Mr Sweet’s day…seriously didn’t know who the guy was til you said so!

And Bev’s brownies and Todd’s slab cake – yes, I know, I want them both. Or that taco with that perfect avo slice on it!

Good luck with the new computer! Would love to know what you got. Assume you stayed with a Mac. But all your pics and files are on the old one. Yeah, been there. A few times. Ugh.

• Jessica — August 14th, 2012 @ 6:53 pm

I got a new Pro with retina display! Would never switch from a Mac, love them. :)

• Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — August 15th, 2012 @ 12:18 pm

Do you blog straight onto WordPress or use a program?? The only thing that makes me somewhat loyal to my PC is Windows Live Writer, but I am totally a Mac person.

• Jessica — August 15th, 2012 @ 3:06 pm

Straight into wordpress! But I’ve always had a Mac, so I never knew what Live Writer was like.

Jessica — August 14, 2012 @ 4:18 pm

I had that happen with the one pair of sunglasses I ever splurged on and I stood there, just staring, for like a full 5 minutes. And then I decided I would never again spend more than $15 on sunglasses again. Usually at that place with the really annoying commercials.
    Also the first song I slow-danced to was Red Light Special.

I was 11.

Mary — August 14, 2012 @ 4:18 pm

i do put my phone in my sports bra when i lift. and i also sweat like a man. i am gross, i know. sometimes i contemplate tying it to my arm with a towel but i guess that would look even weirder. maybe.

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — August 14, 2012 @ 4:19 pm

Those tacos look soooooooo good. Makes me want to ditch my sandwich lunch and just go on down to the closest taqueria!

Katie @ Oh Shine On — August 14, 2012 @ 4:21 pm

hahahaha i am stealing that baby.

Hannah — August 14, 2012 @ 4:23 pm

By far one of the best things about the afternoon slump is your Tuesday things. LOVE!

Also, since there’s a huge hole in my summer TV viewing schedule (what’s on now???), I’ve started watching Girls. Totally hooked, so thanks for that!

vanillasugarblog — August 14, 2012 @ 4:25 pm

girl when i switched over to a new computer I was SERIOUSLY in a depression.
    it took me about a week before I loved my new machine.
    so I hear you!

love the buttermint ice cream too!
    do not come see my latest ice cream creation—its NOT SAFE lol

• Jessica — August 14th, 2012 @ 6:52 pm

I’m so glad I’m not alone. And that ice cream? I hate you. OMG.

Caroline @ Pink Basil — August 14, 2012 @ 4:26 pm

I hate those Target commercials too!! Partially because I miss shopping for school supplies, but I think that’s a separate issue :)

kaitlyn ray — August 14, 2012 @ 4:26 pm

re number five. you need one of these http://www.spibelt.com/

i just got it, life changer!! its the greatest

Katie @ Katie Moves — August 14, 2012 @ 4:26 pm

some of the best tacos i’ve ever seen! i think i have only of these places by me now…need to go find it pronto!

Laura @FoodSnobSTL — August 14, 2012 @ 4:33 pm

I have the same thoughts about grilled cheese. I always want two, but then I feel like a porker for eating that much cheese! Pregnancy was a great excuse for having two.

janetha — August 14, 2012 @ 4:35 pm

i can’t thank you enough for turning me on to thought catalog.

Kristina — August 14, 2012 @ 4:36 pm

ACK, face baby is TOO CUTE.

also? the Mr. looks so dang happy. did he talk his ear off the whole flight!?

• Jessica — August 14th, 2012 @ 6:52 pm

Luckily for Mr. Borel… they weren’t in the same row. :)

Amanda — August 14, 2012 @ 4:40 pm

Uhm… LOVE the 5-minute phone call and 6 things you should never give up on. And I’m kind of in love with grilled cheese too… or just cheese in general. My boyfriend so kindly pointed it out this morning as I was shoveling cottage cheese into my pie hole. Anywho, your mention of grilled cheese reminded me of this cute/disturbing diorama: http://cuddlesandrage.com/image/28478388217 Gotta love Cuddles and Rage.

Ashley — August 14, 2012 @ 4:40 pm

Tacos. Want. Now.

Cassie — August 14, 2012 @ 4:41 pm

Red Light Special. Seriously what was my mom thinking? Maybe she wasn’t aware either. Ha.

Katharine — August 14, 2012 @ 4:42 pm

I sweat like a man, too :)

Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy — August 14, 2012 @ 4:51 pm

I need those tacos in my life!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — August 14, 2012 @ 4:54 pm

1) I totally sweat like a man as well 2) I just visited the TLC pandora station and “No Scrubs” came on. Thank you. 3) The glasses thing is pretty hilarious

Kendall — August 14, 2012 @ 4:59 pm

i’m so happy someone else eats ketchup on thier grilled cheeses. especially someone with such excepional taste! (: makes me feel not as nuts…

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — August 14, 2012 @ 5:05 pm

At first glance I though Calvin Borel was a bald Mr. Schuester at first glance…whoa. Also, HELLO slab pie!

Amy — August 14, 2012 @ 5:23 pm

Love Tuesday Things! Oh, btw, did you know that 98 Degrees will be performing on the Today Show Friday?

• Jessica — August 14th, 2012 @ 6:51 pm

I did not… thank you.

Steph — August 14, 2012 @ 5:23 pm

Add bacon or ham to your grilled cheese! Protein will make you fuller for longer. Also, its effing delicious.

Lindsey — August 14, 2012 @ 5:27 pm

I broke my ankle a couple of weeks ago and have therefore been watching TV nonstop… and I have seen the Target commercials 900 times (at least). I think it’s funny that the “backpacks” one is the air marshal from Bridesmaids :) But the songs DRIVE. ME. NUTS. And then my husband gets back from work and I find myself singing them over and over. Oops! There is a payless one with a paleontologist song that drives me crazy and is also on all the time!

• Jessica — August 14th, 2012 @ 6:49 pm

Ugh I know.

Kaitlyn — August 14, 2012 @ 5:31 pm

JUST posted about grilled cheese today on my blog. Haha, stuff it with stuff! I put avocado and asparagus in mine, or pulled pork! You’ll want to go back for seconds, but won’t need to. ;p

• Jessica — August 14th, 2012 @ 6:49 pm

Um that’s amazing.

Jen — August 14, 2012 @ 5:39 pm

I absolutely love the Thought Catalog! side note: I always thought ‘catalog’ was spelled ‘catalogue’ until now. Maybe it’s a Canadian thing?
    Mmmmm tacos.

Jennifer — August 14, 2012 @ 5:52 pm

My sunglasses did that to me too! I was laying in the grass at Coachella and my boyfriend was like “What happened to your glasses?” And I thought he just meant, “Oh you got awesome new glasses.” But he didn’t. They were magically broken.

xo Jennifer

Kim@hungryhealthygirl — August 14, 2012 @ 5:58 pm

That taco is absolutely gorgeous daling!! I love En Vogue on Pandora too. Your hubby is super cute!

Becca — August 14, 2012 @ 6:01 pm

Bah! The grilled cheese dilemma! One is never enough, two is too much, why!!! True story, I use to eat grilled cheese for breakfast like everyday growing up because I don’t like normal breakfast food, like cereal. I also always ordered it when we ate out. Surprised I haven’t turned into a grilled cheese sandwich…

• Jessica — August 14th, 2012 @ 6:48 pm

OMG… breakfast? I ate it a lot going out when I was younger too, but breakfast? You’re my hero.

• Becca — August 15th, 2012 @ 6:56 pm

My mom said it was ok because at least I was getting calcium, and it was better than nothing. They should never be underestimated lol

Sara — August 14, 2012 @ 6:02 pm

You should make tomato soup with your grilled cheese! I do straight up campbell’s and its awesome.

Emily @ Life on Food — August 14, 2012 @ 6:03 pm

I love how you hate the Target commercials. Me too! I wonder if it is definitely if you have kids. I kind of think the hatred would be even worst.

Lauren — August 14, 2012 @ 6:10 pm

1. Eddie looks like HE just ate ice cream for lunch!
    2. We have a restaurant here that serves only grilled cheese….it’s on my to-do list.

• Jessica — August 14th, 2012 @ 6:48 pm

Let’s go together!

Michelle — August 14, 2012 @ 6:17 pm

Fun Fact: The “denim denim denim denim denim….denim” Target commercial guy is Melissa McCarthy’s husband, who also starred with her in Bridesmaids (which I might be watching approximately once a day whenever it’s on HBO).

• Jessica — August 14th, 2012 @ 6:48 pm

OMG… you are so right!!

Ashley M — August 14, 2012 @ 6:30 pm

I would love to know how sunglasses can just snap in half for no reason. Trying to avoid that, ya know.

Jenni — August 14, 2012 @ 6:31 pm

En Vogue used to be one of my favorites (now I have ‘My Lovin” stuck in my head) and Boyz II Men, and Mariah Carey. I think it’s time to bring back the R&B greats.

• Jessica — August 14th, 2012 @ 6:48 pm

Agreed!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — August 14, 2012 @ 8:06 pm

Jockeys are so small!! Your husband looks like an NBA star next to him haha! ;)

April — August 14, 2012 @ 8:14 pm

I love this post! I also just love your blog in general and the randomness that abounds. I am super appreciative of the how to be less awkward link….I need it :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — August 14, 2012 @ 9:18 pm

notebooks and jeans notebooks and jeans… NOTEBOOKS AND JEANS!

Is that the commercial you’re talking about?

Elaine — August 14, 2012 @ 9:18 pm

I always look forward to Tuesday Things!

kyla — August 14, 2012 @ 10:32 pm

HE IS WEARING SLEEVES. MR. HOW SWEET IS WEARING SLEEVES.

Kelly — August 14, 2012 @ 11:53 pm

Ughhh I can’t stand the Target commercials, either! As many times as I saw them during the Olympics, I still couldn’t figure out what all the lyrics were. Maybe I’m especially biased because I’m a teacher and those actors are so NOT teacher-ly!

Stephanie — August 15, 2012 @ 8:16 am

i’m totally making that slab pie.
    i have an unhealthy obsession with your blackberry basil grilled cheese.
    i wish my work didn’t block Pandora. :(
    i love how Mr How Sweet’s face is like “omgomgomgomg”, and is it just me, or maybe the angle, but that jockey’s head is strangely shaped.
    the friend i’d want to try the 5 minute phone call lives in cali, so it would take a bit to find the right time, but i’m totally going to talk to her about it.
    i love the face baby.

tuesday things are my favorite.

Alex @ Brain, Body, Because — August 15, 2012 @ 8:58 am

WHAT?! How did I not know about Chica Loca before?! It’s super close to me. Thank you for the tip!

Also, my husband is from Kentucky, and his family *adores* Calvin Borel. Just curious – how tall is your husband? Calvin Borel looks so petite on television.

Dana — August 15, 2012 @ 9:17 am

you neeeed one of those arm bands that your iphone slides into (they sell them on overstock.com for a few bucks.. or all over amazon). life changer, since i’m pretty sure sticking my ipod/iphone in my sports bra was bound to short the sucker out soon.

Lindsay @ The Live-In Kitchen — August 15, 2012 @ 10:18 am

I’ve been eyeing up those brownies too! Its dangerous that I have almost everything needed in my kitchen already. Summer Hits of the 90’s Pandora station gets you a good dose of TLC with some other gems mixed in, but I’m currently obsessed with my Fitz and the Tantrums station. You can’t help but DANCE!

Carissa — August 15, 2012 @ 10:59 am

I tried out the TLC pandora station this morning during my workout. Oh my gosh! I forgot about so many of those songs!! This is great – now I can’t stop listening. :-D

Ash — August 15, 2012 @ 11:09 am

Maybe your dad was using his telekinetic brain power and snapped your glasses in half…how weird! Great addition to this week’s Tuesday Things!

Mia — August 15, 2012 @ 1:02 pm

I have the exact same problem with grilled cheese. Nearly every day of my life. Then I end up deciding not to eat it (usually), because I’m trying to lose weight and am almost at my goal and shouldn’t ruin it by eating a ton of cheese, which is what it will take to get me full. And then I go with something healthy, like oatmeal with blueberries. Maybe I should try roasting the blueberries first…I hear that’s all the rage.

Stephanie @cookinfanatic — August 15, 2012 @ 1:36 pm

LOVE love LOVE that 6 things article :)