1. I posted this picture to Instagram + Twitter and had a bunch of you ask for the recipe. Well here it is: ask your mom to open up a box of fudge brownies, bake them in a small pan so they are really thick, then frost them with some canned triple chip chocolate fudge frosting. Cool? Cool.

2. These cookies. OMG… these cookies. I ate them out of Jenna’s purse and they were at least two days old, and they were STILL so.freaking.chewy. I don’t even like almond butter people. These cookies are a big deal. AND HEALTHY!

3. If you even saw my kitchen right now you would totally lose your mind. I’m not even joking. Like I don’t even know where to start. I am actually SCARED of my kitchen right now. I’m staring at it from a distance willing it to clean itself. That’s like osmosis or something, right? Hmmm… maybe I’ve been out of high school science too long. Haaaaalp.

4. Um… hello dogs. I can’t get enough of these dogs. I look at this picture on my phone about ten times a day. Do I need a life? They were in our hotel lobby in Oregon one evening and I just about died. I seriously had to refrain from screaming THEY’RE SO FLUFFY I’M GONNA DIEEEEEE! Because I almost did. I have no idea what they are, but they are 1. huge 2. I guess some sort of sheepdog? and 3. twins. Well, I’m saying they’re twins. Whatever. They came up past my belly button! Their names were Puff and Poppy. OMG. I know… just stop.

5. Obsessed with this song. Have been for weeks. Have had it on repeat about 80 times today.

6. Within the last week I’ve discovered the beauty that is SMOKED blue cheese. Yes I ate it inside a chocolate truffle.Yes I shipped six wedges home ACROSS THE COUNTRY. And next, I’m going to eat it on these peaches. I.can’t.wait.

7. Speaking of Twitter way up there… help me please. Once I got my new computer and installed Tweetdeck (for Twitter, which I’ve used since 2009 and have been obsessed with)… I decided it sucked. It’s totally different than my 2009 version (um duh?) and I can’t reply to multiple tweets at once. It’s ruining my life. If you have tweeted me, I’m not ignoring you. I’m just and old grandma that can’t figure this out. So what’s your favorite Twitter thing for the computer? Not an app… not your phone… the old school computer. Go!

8. Uh, you know how I always talk about the things I loved as a tween (or… still love as an immature adult) like caboodles and nano pets and stuff like that? Can you even IMAGINE if I had a cake pop set? Ugh. My brain just exploded.

9. Only a few more months to live this up… 10 reasons why people hate 20 somethings. Stop hatin’ on me! Well, at least until November when my fun life REALLY begins. (At least that’s what I hear. Don’t burst the bubble.) P.S. I also think this was secretly written about me… um, especially #1.

10. My husband was so excited for me to come home on Saturday that he planned a whole little date night… and then I fell asleep on the couch for three hours. And apparently then I hogged the bed, and he said I’m like sleeping with a blast furnace because I radiate so much heat. Guys… I am never cold. Like EVER. That makes me like… not even a girl or something.

11. Yeah yeah… I’m excited for Fall, but what I’m most excited about is ummmm Fall-scented candles. You know that episode of Sex and the City where Samantha claims that ladies with candles are becoming the new ladies with cats? Yeeeeeah…

12. My husband is back on Twitter. I’m not responsible for any of this. And I bet I’m gonna regret it.

68 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Eddie — August 21, 2012 @ 5:03 pm

I believe the word you are looking for is not “osmosis,” but the “Force.” Like from Star Wars. But you wouldn’t know that because you think all movies before 1998 suck.

Kaelynn — August 21, 2012 @ 5:14 pm

I’m like 98% sure those are Old English Sheepdogs. my parents had one but she died when I was a baby. and they never let me get a dog, but I got to look at all the pictures of this beautiful dog and whine that I wanted a dog. when in reality, now at 28, I realize that am so glad I don’t have a dog.

and this is like 4 days old, but the Post-It episode of SATC is the only one that I can tolerate in life.

• Jessica — August 21st, 2012 @ 5:20 pm

Not a fan of SATC? Oh my… how can you even stand to read this blog!

• Kaelynn — August 21st, 2012 @ 5:23 pm

I used to love it, but my main reason for no longer being able to watch it is Sarah Jessica Parker, who makes me want to dig my eyes out with a fork.

• Stacy — August 21st, 2012 @ 5:28 pm

Yep, absolutely Old English Sheepdogs! Love ‘em.

Vanessa — August 21, 2012 @ 5:15 pm

I’m hoping if I do #1 they will turn out as good as they look in your picture! And those dogs! OMG! So cute, remind my of Erics dog from Little Mermaid! :D

• Jessica — August 21st, 2012 @ 5:20 pm

Never seen the Little Mermaid… so deprived.

• Vanessa — August 21st, 2012 @ 5:36 pm

GASP! You MUST watch it. One of the greatest Disney movies ever. I may or may not have been obsessed with it since I was a kid.

Beth @ Aunt B's Kitchen — August 21, 2012 @ 5:18 pm

Your Tuesday things always make me grin. Thanks.

Try HootSuite. You’ll have your FB and Twitter and whatever other social networking apps you use all in one place and easy to manage. Easy even for an old fifty-something like me. ;)

Rebecca — August 21, 2012 @ 5:20 pm

I’m with Kaelynn…pretty sure those are Old English Sheepdogs. Awesome.

And it’s telekinesis. The ability to move objects with your mind. Yes I’m a dork.

Also, I actually did make those cupcakes you posted today, and they are to.die.for. I ate a huge fingerful of the frosting straight up; that’s totally my new go-to frosting recipe.

bridget {bake at 350} — August 21, 2012 @ 5:20 pm

Oh, that brownie/cupcake concoction has me mesmerized!

The FLUFFY dogs!!! So cute!!!

I use hootsuite and really love it for twitter.

PS…I love your hubby’s twitter name! ♥

Erin — August 21, 2012 @ 5:22 pm

1. Thank you for the “bite” picture. I was about to die after today’s post.
    2. Definitely English Sheepdogs
    3. I am available to help you eat some of that cheese.

Chelsea — August 21, 2012 @ 5:30 pm

I really like Hootsuite, the free version works good for me! I just turned 30 last week (it’s weird to write that) but I feel slightly more mature and important. Just kidding. :)
    Your comment about Sex and the City reminded me of the new show on Bravo called Gallery Girls. I’m not sure what I think about it – but I can’t stop watching it. I think all those girls are in their 20s’, for sure.

Casey — August 21, 2012 @ 5:32 pm

Almost better than fall beginning is when fall candles come to bath & body works. I’m also intrigued by their new French Baguette candle…

Michelle | Letters from Boston — August 21, 2012 @ 5:36 pm

That video is bizarre as anything, but the song is incredible!!! Also I MIGHT be too lazy to open up a box of brownie mix and make those for myself . . . or should I file that under things I shouldn’t say out loud??

JulieD — August 21, 2012 @ 5:42 pm

Those dogs are sooo cuteeeee! I’m so buying 2 of Angie’s cake pop toys/kits. Hahaha I’m going to follow Eddie now, please tell him not to be creeped out by me.

Rachel Layfield — August 21, 2012 @ 5:51 pm

I am so ready for Fall and I LOVE Despicable me;) Haha. And I wish I was as creative and clever as you. I love your recipes!!!:) On the days I need a quick and yummy treat, this is what I will be doing:)

Averie @ Averie Cooks — August 21, 2012 @ 5:52 pm

when I saw those cookies of Jenna’s, I knew they would be epic – between the coconut oil and the AB in them, I was like, check, mental note made. Wow – you ate some old school style from her purse. My mom and grandma used to carry around cookies like that. They taste the best that way!

Good luck with Tweetdeck. I havent used it since 2009 b/c the new versions all sucked and I could never figure them out. And then I realized who cares. And reply to the tweets I see and the rest..well…whoops :)

Kristina — August 21, 2012 @ 5:58 pm

GAAH I want that brownie thing.

and GAAH I know what you mean about Old Tweetdeck – I want it back. New TD is lame. I wish I had an answer for you – I still have not found ANYTHING that does what it did (multiple replies, other things I have missed so long I’ve forgotten). I am using hootsuite for Chrome, but… meh. PLEASE let me know if you ever find anything as good.

fluffy puppies, GAAH!

Liz — August 21, 2012 @ 6:22 pm

Haha my boyfriend says the exact same thing about radiating heat, he won’t even come near me!

• Angie K — August 22nd, 2012 @ 9:00 am

Oh my lord…I’m so THRILLED to find out I’m not the only woman-microwave out there! My husband cannot understand why I radiate heat and he needs to be under 6 layers of down comforters! Ha! thanks ladies!!

• Liz — August 22nd, 2012 @ 5:52 pm

My boyfriend is the EXACT same way. He’s got a gazillion covers on top of him meanwhile I’ve got none, and yet he complains that I’m the source of all heat. Haha!

Kacy — August 21, 2012 @ 6:24 pm

I want to eat a jar of frosting right now and then bury my nose in those dogs’ fur. Sooo precious.

I’m never cold either. I’m sooo not dainty.

Also, I miss you! Hope all is well!

shelly — August 21, 2012 @ 6:28 pm

Ha! I made brownies in a small pan for 4th of July. They were the bomb-diggety!

I always hope my kitchen will clean itself… or my husband will do it spontaneously…or the little big kids who live here. Nope. It might spontaneously combust before that happens!

You aren’t even 30 yet? Man do I feel old!

Ashley — August 21, 2012 @ 6:31 pm

I so needed this in my life today. Thank you. Now pass me Jenna’s purse!

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — August 21, 2012 @ 6:35 pm

What that ThoughtCatalog post said about Girls is SO true! Way to go, them.

Chrissy — August 21, 2012 @ 6:59 pm

Why do you let Mr. How Sweet near technology?

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — August 21, 2012 @ 7:01 pm

Those dogs. I audibly screamed when I saw them on Instagram AND just now. I can’t handle this cuteness overload. I want to faint into their fluff.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — August 21, 2012 @ 7:09 pm

Oh my gosh your funny! I understand about the kitchen thing! I hate when mines a mess, then I just want to throw it all in the garbage because I’m to lazy to clean or put away!!! If it’s food mess everywhere I have the dogs that help with that! ;)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — August 21, 2012 @ 7:21 pm

I already got two pumpkin scented candles. I have no shame or control when it comes to fall things.

Kim@hungryhealthygirl — August 21, 2012 @ 8:02 pm

I’ve always loved the plain old boxed brownies. Those dogs are absolutely adorable. They look like Old English Sheepdogs, my dad used to have one. Not only am I ready for Fall because the candles, but I’m ready to bake with pumpkin!

• Samantha — August 22nd, 2012 @ 8:11 am

FINALLY!!!! Someone who shares my joy and readiness for the season!!!! I feel ya!

Ashley — August 21, 2012 @ 8:12 pm

You totally crack me up. And I think I had the same internal monologue about the dogs – I just want to cuddle them! :)

Rachel M — August 21, 2012 @ 8:27 pm

I look forward to your tuesday things every week. :) Makes my day!

And I’m sooooooo ready for fall candles. And fall baking. And apple picking. And football!

• Samantha — August 22nd, 2012 @ 8:10 am

I’m totally the same way!!!Fall is absolutely my favorite time of year.

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — August 21, 2012 @ 8:31 pm

Ahhh!! That sheepdogs are so freakin cute. I am that person that gets way too excited when I see big dogs out in public–and then try to figure out a way to ask the owner if I can pet it/them without seeming like a weirdo.

I own the entire SATC series on DVD and I don’t remember that episode!! How is that possible?!

Stacy @ Stacy Eats — August 21, 2012 @ 9:27 pm

Ooo never heard that Janelle Monae and Big Boi song, but I like it. A lot. Now I just need to learn some of her sweet dance moves.

• Paula — August 22nd, 2012 @ 2:01 pm

I shared that video with a friend of mine, who deemed it the next “Dougie.” Will definitely try these moves out at my fave dance floor, inevitably to the delight of all onlookers. Of course, by delight, I might mean “scorn and ostracizing”. It may not be the same without the tux and the ‘do.

Katie — August 21, 2012 @ 9:46 pm

It is soooo sad that I learn about new music from my favorite FOOD blogger. I mean really…I’m so out of touch. But so in love with that song now. Thanks for keeping me just barely relevant.

Oh, and I think I need another dog. Or a pair of dogs. Preferably that fluffy tall kind. Thanks for that, too.

Allison P. — August 21, 2012 @ 10:25 pm

Nano pets! I totally forgot about those. Thanks for the reminder. :) I totally regret losing my Popple.

Sharla — August 21, 2012 @ 10:25 pm

I am half as efficient as ever before due to the amount of time spent reading Thought Catalog…THANK YOU!

Jessica — August 21, 2012 @ 10:28 pm

Those dogs.

I can’t even find words.

Meg — August 21, 2012 @ 11:22 pm

Hahahaha I love your husband’s twitter feed it is so funny I love all his food photos! Hilarious!

Nina — August 22, 2012 @ 2:54 am

I radiate heat too. my boyfriend says he hasn’t been able to sleep properly since I returned from holiday as I’m so hot. Still, I lost 12 kilos and gained muscle to start producing all this heat so he can shut his pie hole.

wish someone would bring me a packet brownie now

emily — August 22, 2012 @ 6:37 am

Smoked blue cheese is the stuff!!! I made a peach pizza (with shredded chicken and balsamic drizzle) and topped it off with the smoked blue cheese. It changed my world. Also you should make it.

Samantha — August 22, 2012 @ 8:08 am

I’ve been super excited for fall ever since August 1st, so I know exactly how you feel. I’m especially looking forward to all the pumpkin lattes and whatnot from starbucks (it’s now the only time of year–aside from Xmas, that I go there.) My friends and family are getting sick of my love for fall because they themselves are not ready for summer to end. But I’m totally ready for layers, fuzzy sweaters, slippers, and everything else that’s so great about the reason!!!! I’m also adding a TON of recipes I plan on making this fall to my favorites.

Leah Atha — August 22, 2012 @ 8:26 am

I’m so thrilled that No. 1 really IS that simple!

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy — August 22, 2012 @ 8:40 am

I’m not even much of an animal person, but I think that those dogs are so cute!

Gaby@GabHousewifeChronicles — August 22, 2012 @ 9:24 am

Wow! Those brownies look amazing… and I’m never cold too!! Haha, and I’m never hot neither. What am I?!

idiosyncratic eye — August 22, 2012 @ 9:54 am

Old English sheepdog. Also known as the dulux dog over here (it’s a paint company). :)

Gilly — August 22, 2012 @ 10:58 am

Is there any other way to make brownies? That is the only one I ever needed.

chelon — August 22, 2012 @ 11:24 am

your husband is hilarious! but don’t worry, he’s not as funny as you are, and he doesn’t tweet about food like you do.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — August 22, 2012 @ 1:26 pm

Did you see yankee candles latest scent – apple cider. omg I need it.

Beth @ Good to be the Cook — August 22, 2012 @ 2:54 pm

I love Puff and Poppy!!! AHHHHH

Angela — August 22, 2012 @ 3:27 pm

love the sharing…lol about date night I’ve been guilty of that…cookie recipe that is a must try!

Ali — August 22, 2012 @ 7:49 pm

Yep, DEFINATELY Old English Sheepdogs! I have 5 of them right here…………9 years, 2 5 year olds and 2 under 10 months……….. Some nights it’s a brownie night for me after taking care of the 2 yungun’s!

Love your posts!!!

Jill Doucet — August 22, 2012 @ 8:39 pm

So I just HAVE to say that I’ve been following you religiously FOREVER and have never commented. I’m soon to turn 28 (way too son) so I can certainly relate. Most of the random things that pop into your mind and you post I can relate to 100%! I anxiously await your witty rants! Our sense of humor is dead on.. keep it up sista! ;)

luv what you do — August 22, 2012 @ 10:02 pm

That picture definitely makes box brownies look gourmet!!!
    Oh and I do have that cookie recipe saved too. It’s going to be a tasty weekend :)

Becky — August 23, 2012 @ 7:20 am

I’m turning 30 in November, too. Bring on the fun? ha.

And those dogs are too much! So cute.

shelly (cookies and cups) — August 23, 2012 @ 9:41 am

Thanks alot, really. That song. That SONG! In my head forever.