Tuesday Things.

1. Somehow… in September… I ended up with like six avocados that are going bad. Okay well actually, at least half of them will most likely have to go directly in the trash because that’s just what happens when you try to buy avocados and live in Pennsylvania. But I needed to use at LEAST one, so I made some of that chocolate avocado pudding that people lose their minds over. I don’t have a recipe of my own, but Lisa and Jess do and I’d trust them with my food life any day.

2. You know how I only like all the weird vegetables? Like kale and brussels sprouts? This is going to help even more. Or ruin any attempt on raw veg again… ever.

3. Target is like the black hole for my wallet. And for my life. I lose my life in there. Really. It steals all my money. So I died over this step by step post of how to shop at Target. Of course. I lack all self control but don’t feel quite as bad about it now.

4. How pathetic does it make me that the highlight of my week is the return of Private Practice? Desperately need a life over here. I’m so nervous. I just don’t KNOW who I want her to chooooose.

5. I always talk about how I really know my husband SO much better than he knows me (like when he says he will make me dinner and then gives me a plain chicken breast or a burger… every single time), however we may have turned a corner considering this is copy and pasted directly from my email inbox. From him. Please note the text.

6. Oooh and while we are on that topic I somehow came across a bunch of Full House reunion pictures on Instagram Saturday night and practically had a heart attack. I was definitely screaming and shoving my phone in his face. He didn’t care. Something about how it was on when he was in college or something and blah blah blah. WHAT.

7. Ugh and one more: apparently Full House is on at night now. Like around bed time. You’re welcome. I will never get eight hours again.

8. You know… when I’m at the gym, I’m – for lack of a better word – a total witch with a b. Headphones on, avoiding all eye contact and seriously…. I don’t want to speak to a soul. No, not these nice little old men that I’ve seen almost daily for years. Please don’t keep looking at me, don’t catch my eye in the mirror while we are on the elliptical, don’t tell me I dropped something and try to make a joke, because no matter what I am going to completely ignore you and pretend that I don’t hear you even if I do. And yes, you probably do hear James Taylor blasting from my ear buds. I don’t want to be chatty. I just want to work out. And after working at a gym for so long well… these gym types could not be more spot on. Oh man, I can PICTURE the exact people in my head! Just stop.

9. You know how sometimes someone does something (I’m being so specific here…) so outrageously embarrassing that you feel humiliated for them? Like even if it happens on TV, you FEEL the embarrassment? Deep down to your soul? Basically like how you felt through every episode of the entire season of Girls? 20 embarrassing things… feel it. Ouch.

10. I’m currently in a very intense couch-laying, blanket-wrapping, motivation-lacking, Sex-and-the-City-watching, chocolate-eating slump today. I see no way out any time soon and am fearful. So I want to know… what are you having for dinner? I’m hungry.

65 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Severiana — September 25, 2012 @ 4:15 pm

My mommy made my family meatloaf!!!! Between my crazy kids, work, and shuffeling my kid to softball she tries to make me dinner once a week! How lucky am I! 31 years later and I still need my mommy!

Leah Atha — September 25, 2012 @ 4:23 pm

Chilli. In the crock pot. The weather has *turned* on me. And I accidentally
    bought diced tomatoes with basil, oregano & something else in them. Didn’t realize it until they were in the pot. Either way it will be…something.

Megan — September 25, 2012 @ 4:26 pm

I count THREE Thought Catalog links. And yes yes yes to number 9. Sometimes I have to change the channel or I feel like I need a Xanax from watching something incredibly awkward/embarrassing on TV.

Kristina — September 25, 2012 @ 4:30 pm

yeah. last night? I had a reminder in my phone to COME HOME FROM SHOPPING EARLY. so I could watch the first episode of How I Met Your Mother. I get it.

that Target shopping – HAAA I LOVE IT. now I will attempt eye contact with ALL of the employees.

Diane, A Broad — September 25, 2012 @ 4:34 pm

I saw those Full House reunion pics too, and the first thing I noted was… no Olsen twins.

PS: I’m having pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for dinner. Don’t judge.

Jessica — September 25, 2012 @ 4:37 pm

I literally think this every time I go: ” …it could be worse. It could be Wal-Mart.”
    Tarjay 4 Lyfe.

Michelle — September 25, 2012 @ 4:44 pm

I’m the same way at the gym. I’m currently training for a half marathon so I’m spending more time running outside but I had to go to the gym yesterday and I realized how much I hate it. I get distracted too easily, it is too hot, people have on too much cologne, etc. There is a girl, 7th or 8th grade, who puts the treadmill on 15% incline and sets the speed way too fast so her feet skid on the belt. It makes this LOUD noise. I watched her try to figure out why it was doing that without success and I Just wanted to tell her to slow down or put the incline down.

Gym people bother me!

SammaMichelle — September 25, 2012 @ 4:53 pm

I will NEVER throw out a slightly over ripe avocado again!! I’m slurping down a ramekin of that pudding now!!!! GAWD it’s good!!!

Jaclyn Pickard — September 25, 2012 @ 4:54 pm

Hey Stinker — Something I just learned recently, because I’m an evil avocado waster too…. you can cut them in half and put them in the freezer and then add them to my fruit smoothies. Tah-DA!

• Stacy — September 27th, 2012 @ 10:40 am

Bless you!

Katie @ Veggie and the Beast — September 25, 2012 @ 4:57 pm

ha! I totally saw that story on Katie Holmes and Joshua Jackson and had the same reaction. OMGOMGOMGOMG.

Eliza — September 25, 2012 @ 5:04 pm

I have been hazed by Target one too many times. So much so, I should have been elected President of that fraternity a looooong time ago.

PS You should have titled this Crumbs post, “Ode to Thought Catalog”. :)

jessica — September 25, 2012 @ 5:04 pm

you have single handedly made me obsessed with thoughtcatalog. i don’t know whether to say thanks or hate you for the ridiculous amount of hours i lose daily trying to read every article

ps i am also ridiculously excited for private practice!

Tiffany — September 25, 2012 @ 5:10 pm

Full House reunion WHAT? I apparently missed out…

Regenia — September 25, 2012 @ 5:15 pm

Private Practice is only the highlight of my (watching it DVR’d) Friday. Grey’s gets Thursday, Modern Family gets Wednesday, and HIMYM got Monday. Obviously what I’m lacking is a good Tuesday show.

Just getting back into going to the gym- I haven’t been faithful since undergrad. How do you do HIIT on the arc trainer? The ones at our gym take FOR-FREAKING-EVER to change resistance and incline.

Andi — September 25, 2012 @ 5:16 pm

glad I am not the only one who spent some time looking at the Full House reunion pictures… please tell me you also read all their tweets and that I am not alone ;)

Alyssa — September 25, 2012 @ 5:31 pm

I live with my mommy because I’m 26 and POOR… but she’s making some sort of sausage stew. She has something on the stovetop that – no joke – looks like a witch’s cauldron. Like the plastic kind you buy as a Halloween decoration for the neighborhood kids to reach their sticky little hands into for candy. It literally doesn’t look fire-safe, but that’s what she’s using. Right now I’m drinking a pumpkin beer and I’m HUNGRY… so I hope it’s ready soon. :D

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — September 25, 2012 @ 5:32 pm

Brussels sprouts are sooo good when done right. Putting them in a gratin with cheese and butter? TOTALLY DOING IT RIGHT.

That Target guide was perfect.

Chelsy — September 25, 2012 @ 5:32 pm

I just made homemade meatballs and a huge pot of slow simmered roasted tomato sauce. I’m most likely going to dump a mountain of bottle parmesan cheese on it and call it a day. I also made homemade iced oatmeal cookies, a la the Mother’s brand. OMG they are delish. I saw that full house reunion pics and I nearly died. When I was younger my dad took my sister and I to a local houston car show and uncle jesse was there…long story short, we got to meet him and my younger sister, who was around the age of 2, reached out to him from the crowd and he swooped her up and put her on his shoulders. Definitely the highlight of my four year old life as I screamed uncle jesse, uncle jesse! haha! Full house is still a fave of mine, and I’m pretty sure at some point I wanted to be mary-kate and ashley, not I just want to be candace cameron burre!

april — September 25, 2012 @ 5:35 pm

I have no idea what I’m having for dinner. Maybe dessert! I had this idea today on how to make a new easier version of smores. All because I saw these smores caramel apples and I can’t get them out of my mind!

april — September 25, 2012 @ 5:42 pm

Triple dipped smores apples at countryliving.com. you should check them out!

Simone — September 25, 2012 @ 5:45 pm

i’m feeling super lazy today myself so I threw a whole chicken in the crockpot this morning with some fresh herbs and lemon and i’ll make some rice closer to dinner, thats about all I can handle… I did however buy a few avo’s today so i’m thinking that chocolate stuff may be a gurreat dessert later, thanks!

Amber — September 25, 2012 @ 5:52 pm

Thanks for the laughs. I’m pretty sure we are the same person. I can never get out of Target without seriously depeleting my checking account. And I’m also a complete snob @ the gym. Tonights dinner was grilled garlic chops and roasted garlic vermicelli…that should smell great seeping out of my pores tomorrow!

Lisa — September 25, 2012 @ 5:56 pm

The family brought over beef stew, grainy/seedy bread, & apple pie. We are recovering from the flu. Ugh.

Laura — September 25, 2012 @ 6:04 pm

Birthday dinner for the boyfriend! Pork chops alla pizzaiola over FRESH polenta (like, grating corn cobs over a pot and cooking it with butter, omg) with broccolini. Plus a gluten-free apple tart I made yesterday… life is yum.

Rachel Layfield — September 25, 2012 @ 6:06 pm

I LOVE your blog today! Avocado chocolate pudding….YES.PLEASE. Brussel sprouts and Kale I love…Target is my life. I am constantly in trouble when it comes to money spent there. I am dying to see who Addison picks and surprisingly i don’t want her to choose Sam….And then there is James Taylor. I mean, it doesn’t get any better. My husband and I used to sing these songs to each other as teens:) “Something in the way she moves” was out first dance at our wedding!:) lastly, I would love to be doing what you are doing today. I could use a good couch day!:)

kim@hungryhealthygirl — September 25, 2012 @ 6:21 pm

Don’t feel bad about Private Practice….the highlight of my week is the return of Grey’s Anatomy! That chocolate pudding sounds awesome.

Ross @ TheFaceBaby — September 25, 2012 @ 6:27 pm

I’m slightly embarrassed to admit that I am just now beginning to realize how incredible the fresh fish market is here in San Diego. Like, unreal. But then again I just got my driver’s licence yesterday, like a year after I was “legally” supposed to. Yeah, I’m slow. But anyway, I’m having panko-crusted tilapia and this yummy quinoa / brown rice mixture that Cassie came up with. You’ve probably already discovered the magic of this combo, but on the off chance that you haven’t, you should! Oh and there will be sliced avocado all over the place because those are everywhere out here too and, well, just because I can. Don’t tell Kelly, but it’s why I moved.

• Jessica — September 25th, 2012 @ 6:42 pm

HAHAHAHAHA.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — September 25, 2012 @ 6:42 pm

Avocado choc mousse is my secret recipe I love bringing to parties. Just watching people’s jaws hit the floor when you tell them they’re eating an avocado. They never believe it! With cocoa powder and agave, it’s sooooo creamy & rich. I want that bowl of it of yours!

And also Diane’s Brussels. I was craving them the other night!

Brianna — September 25, 2012 @ 7:11 pm

OMG I almost died when I saw the Full House reunion pics. How great is this: My husband was the one who was like “Hey, check this out” while he was on the iPad and we were watching the Castle season premier! :)

Tonight’s supper: Homemade chicken and garbanzo bean soup (made with homemade broth, I might add). Mostly because I’m lazy and wanted to be able to eat dinner without thinking about it for the week. Yes, we will be eating it for a week straight. :)

Ashley — September 25, 2012 @ 7:16 pm

That chocolate avocado pudding is one of my favorite things ever. It seems like people either love it or hate it. I’ve definitely gotten some “this is disgusting” comments on the blog, but I’m still saying it’s freaking delicious. I just saw full house photos today!! hahahaa

Jennifer — September 25, 2012 @ 7:18 pm

Man, you’re hilarious.
    I made this for dinner. It’s becoming a regular in our weeknight dinner rotation. I skip the shrimp, because frankly I don’t understand how anyone can possibly put those slimy little animals in their mouth.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — September 25, 2012 @ 7:29 pm

There needs to be a DC reunion!! Seriously!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — September 25, 2012 @ 7:34 pm

I lol’d so hard at the gym types when I read it a couple days ago. Seriously. Redic. I hate them all! And I’m hungry too; can we get takeout or bacon and watch TV marathons?!

Erica — September 25, 2012 @ 7:57 pm

Why are there no shows like full house on now? That show was amazing. I must try this avocado pudding

Adrienne — September 25, 2012 @ 8:37 pm

We made epic nachos and then my boyfriend surprised me with a red velvet and carrot bar cake from Publix. These are two of my favorite cakes and they were buy one get one so he said “it was fate.”

Oh and Target at this time is a dangerous, dangerous place. I need so many fake and real mini pumpkins in my house it’s not even cute anymore.

Morgan — September 25, 2012 @ 8:43 pm

Speaking of gym people, view this and laugh at yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-91_iXATY8 (Don’t Be That Guy at the Gym).

I’m definitely the “Don’t look at me”, “Badass” type as well. Because God forbid I actually admit to the fact that the endorphins racing through my body actually make me feel like a giddy school girl on her to way to a Spice Girls concert.

Nope; the need to be “chill” in my all black and neon pink sneakers is far greater, like, my gym is a boxing gym and smiling seems counterproductive in the face of a punching bag.

Mimi @ Culinary Couture — September 25, 2012 @ 9:54 pm

I didn’t know Private Practice was coming back this week! Ahhh you just made my night!

Nina — September 25, 2012 @ 9:59 pm

I made thai red curry with chicken in the crock pot. It wasn’t too bad but the curry sauce was way soupy. I think the coconut milk wasn’t thick enough. Will have to try another brand next time.

I love Full House.
    A bunch of friends/aquaintences put together a Yelp event a few years back because one heard that Kimmy Gibbler died. Then somebody double checked and turned out she didn’t die. So they changed the event into a celebration that she wasn’t dead. Well, somebody Tweeted her about it and she ended up calling somebody’s cell phone that night! By ‘event’ I mean excuse for drinking beer…
    and then she talks about it in an interview here:

(sorry for story-jacking)

Julie — September 26, 2012 @ 1:18 am

Love all those links! I look forward to “Bones” every week too. Not pathetic. :)

And I had a shrimp salad with nori for dinner. Not too exciting, but I finished it off with pumpkin Greek yogurt! :)

Janice — September 26, 2012 @ 5:07 am

What a great post! I agree with you on everything: Full House, embarassing moments, private practice, gym attitude… dinner for me is oyakodon (chicken & egg rice bowl) I’m in the mood for homestyle japanese, and this is a one pot wonder.

Stefanie @ Sarcastic Cooking — September 26, 2012 @ 7:44 am

The other day I totally had Uncle Jesse’s love ballad for Aunt Becky stuck in my head for no reason! I’m sure you will agree with me when I say, it was a pretty good day!

julie zimmerman — September 26, 2012 @ 7:58 am

I cant wait to get to work on wednesday to read your blog. I always laugh when I read things and relate them to my life but I do have to commend you on this one, hilarious and I want to say best one yet, and i have read all of them!!! THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY DAY :)

• Jessica — September 26th, 2012 @ 9:49 am

Thank you Julie!!

Natalie @ Free Range Human — September 26, 2012 @ 9:06 am

I love your Tuesday Things! No worries….the highlight of my week is the return of all my shows too :) I had an amazing chicken spaghetti dish for supper last night!

Melissa — September 26, 2012 @ 9:16 am

Hahaha… I am SOOOO the same person at the gym / yoga studio. Umm.. if I wanted to socialize, you can find me later!

Anne Weber-Falk — September 26, 2012 @ 9:43 am

Private Practice!!! You know that nurse is Sam’s rebound. What a lamo way to lose Pete. At first I thought he was running away to Mexico but then to find out he fell off a cliff while trail running and then had a heart attack…??? Lame. I love that Charlotte is pregnant with triplets, even though she had an IUD and had it removed and still didn’t miscarry. And what is with our little psychiatrist man? What did Sam find in his blood work that would make him sit in his office slamming down all those drinks? Gosh I love a good nighttime soap.

• Jessica — September 26th, 2012 @ 9:47 am

Oh yes yes yes let’s speculate. I actually was surprised Pete was done because I am a celeb gossip stalker and apparently the news broke in May that he wasn’t returning, and I missed it! So for once I was shocked. And with Sheldon, I wondered if his blood work came back with an STD? Because he was so excited about seeing the ex wife? Who knows. That’s probably dumb. It’s prob something more serious.

• Anne Weber-Falk — September 26th, 2012 @ 9:57 am

Oh my gosh…an STD!!! Yes! I never thought of that. Oooo, I could definitely see him being upset about this revelation. He does come across as “purer” than most. Oh that would be something. Wow. Yes. Then he could be all upset about realizing his wife has been with other people just when he’s seriously considering getting back together.
        I did hear about “Pete’s” contract not being renewed. I wondered how they were going to fix that cliff hanger. I didn’t like it. Too easy. I would have rather he ran away to Mexico or some other place. It would have made more sense. He could have helped people living in poor or remote areas and had some good story lines if they wanted to bring the character back.
        An STD! Fabulous idea. Now I can’t wait until next week.

Beth — September 26, 2012 @ 9:45 am

I saw those Full House pics the other day and almost died. Back in the day, I accidentally taped over one of my brother’s middle school football games w/episodes of Full House – I felt the need to record every episode, even if they were repeats. 15 years later I still get crap about it. Apparently it was a championship game or something. Whatever, he was 14 at the time and isn’t exactly a pro football player now…DJ and Steve’s relationship was way more significant.

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen — September 26, 2012 @ 10:17 am

roasted pepper hummus and homemade wheat thins for lunch and dinner, and maybe tomorrow again…
    Nr 9: isn´t it weird the depth of embarrasement we can feel for others?

Katriel — September 26, 2012 @ 11:22 am

Your slump sounds wonderful. Blankets, good tv, chocolate….
    we had shrimp and vegetables last night with some frozen mango chunks for dessert. :)

Brinkley Brown — September 26, 2012 @ 11:24 am

So ready for fall tv, and holy cow…private practive left me with my jaw on the floor…this is insane…

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — September 26, 2012 @ 12:03 pm

FULL HOUSEEEE!!! omg omg missss it! :)

1. Pingback: Chocolate Avocado Pudding | How Sweet It Is