1. I think we can all agree that it’s the season where you have to slightly bundle up due to chilly weather, only to get in your car which was probably sitting in the sun and therefore is a FREAKING OVEN, leading you to blast the AC on high and learn how to strip and drive. Right?

2. Speaking of chilly temps, please tell me I’m not the only one who, the minute someone says “brrr,” replies with “it’s cold in here… there must be some torros in the atmosphere!”

3. Say hello to my dinner this week: pumpkin + fried sage flatbreads. I know RIGHT. Uh, and I would be forever grateful to someone for showing up on my doorstep with this. Not even sure what I’d do, but it would be huge.

4. I have a serious question. Do the producers of Dancing with the Stars really think that anyone is going to want to watch after this season, when the dancing is incredible and they are allowing all these crazy tricks? Because they are going to have to knock it out of the park for me to care after this. Oh and PS: given my love for the 90s, I think this dance was made for me. Also: that song comes on all the time during my workouts. Embarrassing.

5. I would absolutely love to carve a pumpkin, but this happens every year and it should come as no surprise that I just do not have the patience. I think it sounds so fun and we lay newspaper down on the kitchen floor and about four minutes in I want to quit. I still hate crafts, by the way.

6. So… I never really liked donuts. I mean, I did… but I just didn’t care about them that much? I could take ‘em or leave ‘em. But now all of a sudden I am obsessed with donuts. Like I want to eat them everyday. This is not a good problem to have. Don’t your tastebuds change a few times during the course of your life? Maybe mine are developing more donut buds?

7. Speaking of things I freakishly love, I realized last night that there has been a serious lack of bacon recipes in these parts lately. I don’t know why, except for the fact that I’ve been cooking a lot for myself lately and forgetting about bacon or something? I don’t know. But whatever, I remedied that problem today. Heavily.

8. If it weren’t for bacon, I could probably become a vegetarian who doesn’t eat many vegetables. Oh wait… but what about roasted chicken? And especially, roasted chicken skin? Oh and pulled pork? Never mind.

9. For a giggle… reasons to be wearing Uggs in 2012. Seriously. That post is like angels singing.

10. Okay, seriously, does there REALLY have to be a horror movie commercial on like every five minutes? It’s killing me. No, really, it is. Like literally. Because every time one comes on, I either almost have a heart attack because I’m so scared or accidentally punch myself in the face because I’m throwing everything around searching for the remote in order to change the channel as quickly as possible. I’m gonna lose an eye doing that one of these nights.

11. You know how a few weeks ago I mentioned that my husband had started drinking wine? Well he told me over the weekend that he doesn’t have a desire to listen to country music… like, at all. I honestly think he has been abducted by aliens.

97 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Ashley — October 16, 2012 @ 4:49 pm

I have NEVER liked donuts until this year, it is bizarre! Now I’m constantly searching for new recipes to make…

Bianca @ South Bay Rants n Raves — October 16, 2012 @ 4:49 pm

Nope, I say the toros cheer too. We had just a small taste of fall last week here in SoCal but it’s summer again! Also, I’m not really much of a donut person… I blame the lack of Dunkin Donuts. Nothing else comes close.

• Jessica — October 16th, 2012 @ 4:58 pm

That’s probably why my addiction is so severe. Can’t get enough DD!

Vanessa — October 16, 2012 @ 4:50 pm

2. I swear we are BFFS because I think that EVERY time I hear someone say, “brr, its cold in here!” LOVE that movie!

4. I’ve been thinking the same thing lately. The last couple weeks have been awesome, last nights was incredible. I felt so bad for Karina, although I think she over reacted for such a small mistake. But, I am rooting for Kelly, her dance last night was AMAZING, or Shaun and Derek, they are RIDICULOUS.

Anjali @ The Picky Eater — October 16, 2012 @ 4:51 pm

Haha!! LOVE the Bring it On reference :) I think I’ve seen that movie like 20 times. Maybe more. And o.m.g. those pumpkin and sage flatbreads look delicious!! Definitely making that soon!

Alessandra — October 16, 2012 @ 4:51 pm

Because of you, I’m following approximately 107 food blogs on bloglovin. It’s so overwhelming! But also insanely delicious. If only I could get around to trying all the recipes I pin…

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — October 16, 2012 @ 4:52 pm

Um yeah, too bad I don’t usually end at “there must be some Torros in the atmosphere”…. Oe oe oh, ice ice ice….

And thank gawd for that Uggs article. Seriously, put the Uggs to rest!!! The worst is when people wear them here. In California. In, like, May. WTF?

Cassie | Bake Your Day — October 16, 2012 @ 4:52 pm

That Ugg article. I’m dying. And also obsessed with thought catalog. Can’t even get enough.

Maya — October 16, 2012 @ 4:53 pm

AHHH bring it on!!! I hear there is a musical coming out…

rachel — October 16, 2012 @ 4:53 pm

No you are definitely NOT the only person that says that… haha my husband can’t help but say it every single time! To make it worse, we both went to the same high school and our mascot was a Toro… he thinks he’s soooo funny ;)

Bev @ Bev Cooks — October 16, 2012 @ 4:59 pm

Could.Not.Agree.More.About.The.Ugg.Thing.

raeann — October 16, 2012 @ 4:59 pm

seriously with the horror movies. i know it’s close to halloween, but given the amount of football i’m forced to watch, the commercials are about to put me over.the.edge.

Nikki — October 16, 2012 @ 5:00 pm

I totally say the torros cheer, but unfortunately my husband hasn’t seen _Bring it On_ and just looks at me like we’re going to need to start talking about assisted living homes for me soon. Shrug. His loss!

kris — October 16, 2012 @ 5:01 pm

hahahah i loveee #2!!

Tiffany — October 16, 2012 @ 5:02 pm

#2 – ALL. THE. TIME. I have actually seen all the Bring it On sequels. Embarrassing.
    #6 – I think perhaps I was born with more donut taste buds then usual? Welcome to the club. =)

Also, thanks to you, I now obsessively read Thought Catalog. Ahhh

Elizabeth — October 16, 2012 @ 5:04 pm

#10 – seriously! That is hilarious; I do the exact same thing trying to find the remote really quickly, and then I usually end up hitting the wrong button and making things worse!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — October 16, 2012 @ 5:17 pm

My husband hates the horror movie commercials. He makes me change the channel IMMEDIATELY every time. ;)

Liz — October 16, 2012 @ 5:18 pm

For #4, I immediately thought of this:

• Jessica — October 16th, 2012 @ 9:45 pm

Hahahaha!

Cookbook Queen — October 16, 2012 @ 5:21 pm

I said O E O E O Ice Ice Ice.

Kristina — October 16, 2012 @ 5:21 pm

I SAID BRRRR! (stomps feet + claps hands)

Robin — October 16, 2012 @ 5:22 pm

#1 and 2…I didn’t need to go further to know that we were separated at birth

Esther — October 16, 2012 @ 5:24 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one who completely freaks out at any remote sign of a scary preview. I thought everyone else liked that stuff. I HATE IT.

and the ugg boots article is perfection.

Holly — October 16, 2012 @ 5:37 pm

OMG, that PIE! There are no words.

Sarah — October 16, 2012 @ 5:39 pm

funniest.tuesday.things.ever

Meghan — October 16, 2012 @ 5:49 pm

Jessica, I just started following your blog recently, and I have to tell you that you are a real treat. Seriously, your simple post today put a smile on my face (we might also be soul mates as I agreed on all fronts…). Thank you.

• Jessica — October 16th, 2012 @ 9:45 pm

Thank you so much Meghan!

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) — October 16, 2012 @ 6:06 pm

I love my Uggs. They are still the most comfortable thing my feet have ever known. Then again, I also love my crocs mary janes for gardening. Haters gonna hate.

Lauren — October 16, 2012 @ 6:13 pm

I completely freak out whenever anything scary comes on TV too. It’s really bad when you live alone. If I can’t get to the remote fast enough, I just stick my fingers in my ears and go “la la la la la la ” with my eyes closed till I think it’s over. God forbid there’s a hidden camera in my apartment. I’m sure I look like a lunatic.

Ashley — October 16, 2012 @ 6:23 pm

That is HILarious about Eddy’s change in music….and wine…too funny! xoxo

Sarah @ The Cyclist's Wife — October 16, 2012 @ 6:23 pm

I think you might have replaced bacon with brown butter. Is that possible? Maybe you need to do a recipe with bacon AND brown butter. Ohhhh….yum.

Nicole — October 16, 2012 @ 6:42 pm

Omg I always say “there must be some Torros in the atmosphere!”
    Oh-we-oh-we-oh-we…ice ice ice!

Okay, I’m done. I also recently saw Bring It On: The Musical on Broadway and was afraid it was going to be a disaster, but it was actually really good! One of the best I’ve seen on Broadway. If only my mother had forced me into gymnastics as a kid…sigh.

• Jessica — October 16th, 2012 @ 9:44 pm

Interesting… now I MUST see it!

Sonja — October 16, 2012 @ 6:43 pm

Totally laughed out loud for real after reading nr. 2! So true! (And in my country our native language isn’t even English haha.) Usually also add the rest just for good measure. Bring it on!!! :)

• Sonja — October 16th, 2012 @ 6:49 pm

btw totally looking up my copy of Bring it on! now :D nostalgia….

Katriel — October 16, 2012 @ 6:43 pm

LITTLE EMBARRASSING. I might have kicked my legs in excitement when I realized that it was TUESDAY which means Tuesday Things would be posted. Yeah. It’s been one of those days as usual. Thanks for always brightening my day!

• Jessica — October 16th, 2012 @ 9:44 pm

I love you. Thank you!

Ashley — October 16, 2012 @ 6:49 pm

Brr, it’s cold in here = absolutely!!!

Stephanie — October 16, 2012 @ 6:53 pm

My girls and I always quote the line from Bring it on, as well as lines from Mean Girls and My big fat Greek Wedding. I feel so much better knowing that someone else (not related) does what we do!! You made me feel normal :)

Ari @ Ari's Menu — October 16, 2012 @ 7:03 pm

#2. Every.Single.Time.

Erin — October 16, 2012 @ 7:13 pm

Shut the front door. I NEED that donut!

Whitney — October 16, 2012 @ 7:16 pm

Love your site + your pittsburgh location! ;) Have you ever thought of doing a day in the life of post? Also, I since you mentioned bacon can you suggest a nice chocolate covered bacon recipe? I know it doesn’t sound too hard, but I want the best!

• Jessica — October 16th, 2012 @ 9:43 pm

hmmm you mean like making choc covered bacon? I personally just fry it and cover it in Sarris chocolate! :)

Amanda — October 16, 2012 @ 7:29 pm

Okay, you’ve convinced me. I’m a former DWTS superfan who even got to play surrogate sister to Shawn Johnson for a day. However, the last few seasons have felt a little stale to me so I quit it. I caught some clips last night and now after checking out Apolo and Karina in the video you linked, I’m back in!

P.S. Totally with you on the horror movie previews! Every time Paranormal Activity 4 or the creepy clown man one comes on, I frantically avert my eyes screaming “la la la la” until I can find the remote. This most certainly will end in an injury someday.

AJ — October 16, 2012 @ 7:29 pm

#5: this past weekend, my friends and I went pumpkin picking, scooped out the pumpkin, pushed a spigot in its side, and filled with beer. We got to do the carving/scooping thing without the frustration of realizing we have no artistic talent.

#10: omg, yes! I will sometimes give up on the remote and run out of the room like a little girl (25 qualifies, right?0

Averie @ Averie Cooks — October 16, 2012 @ 7:36 pm

He’s drinking wine and not listening to country? He’ll be a raw vegan any day now :)

Donuts are ‘fine’ to me as well but there are like 200 other desserts I’d have ahead of a donut. But I wouldn’t say no to that one in your post )

Christine — October 16, 2012 @ 8:09 pm

you. are. my. favorite.
    love visiting your site, always a treat. and these “tuesday things” get me every time (enjoyed #9 about the uggs!)

• Jessica — October 16th, 2012 @ 9:42 pm

Thank you Christine!

Holiday Baker Man — October 16, 2012 @ 8:10 pm

Aliens…too funny!

Laura — October 16, 2012 @ 8:25 pm

#2! So glad it’s not just me.

Jayme — October 16, 2012 @ 8:42 pm

The kids in my class are always telling me “It’s cold in here.” I occasionally reply back with that line too! :)

• Jessica — October 16th, 2012 @ 9:41 pm

You have to be the coolest teacher ever.

Jill — October 16, 2012 @ 8:47 pm

Ok, cracking up about the carving pumpkins bit. My friend and I always have a saying when we think something is going to be so fun but then ultimately is not fun at all, we just say, carving pumpkins. As in, hey let’s have a Christmas card making party! Eh, is too carving pumpkins.

• Jessica — October 16th, 2012 @ 9:41 pm

OMG. So stealing that.

Brittany from CountingMyCupcakes — October 16, 2012 @ 8:52 pm

Ok. I CANNOT believe #2. I was literally just saying the “brr it’s cold in here” cheer about an hour ago. My fiance told me he thought I was “singing the words to the song wrong.” Um, what? I told him he had no idea what he was talking about because he didn’t even know what it was from. I then proceeded to “sing” (read CHEER) the entire thing for him. I am right. He is wrong. And I just had to read him your post just so he knows where he stands :)

So, what I’m trying to say is thanks for helping me out. Haha.

• Jessica — October 16th, 2012 @ 9:41 pm

This is amazing.

Linda — October 16, 2012 @ 9:06 pm

Ok i have always loved dounuts but never made any on my own. By the way Jessica we need to see more pics of the yoga dog aka Bella! She is sooo darn cute and always makes me smile so moarrrrrr pics please hehe! :D

Jamie — October 16, 2012 @ 9:33 pm

Poison! OMG, I need to get that on my workout playlist. oh Uggs…still have yet to purchase a pair – go me! Hilarious Tuesday Things per usual.

• Jessica — October 16th, 2012 @ 9:41 pm

En Vogue Pandora… do it.

Debbie Rogo — October 16, 2012 @ 9:40 pm

OMG, #10 made me laugh! I am the same way!!!

Danielle — October 16, 2012 @ 9:44 pm

I’m dying over #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie — October 16, 2012 @ 10:15 pm

That girl is POISONNNNN. (Gonna sing it all night)

1. Pingback: 3 Bean Chili Pot Pies with Cornbread Biscuits | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: Three Bean Chili Pot Pies! | Lifestyle Pins

3. Pingback: Peanut Butter Cream Filled Donuts with Chocolate Drizzle | How Sweet It Is

4. Pingback: Peanut Butter Cream Filled Donuts. | Lifestyle Pins