1. How much longer can I get away with posting boring pictures of trees? I hope forever. I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed fall this much, it’s like the colors have been changing for weeks but not dropping from the trees. My heart might explode. Right about now I’m wishing I was back in first grade when I had to do a leaf project that I waited to do until the last minute and then through a major tantrum about.

2. I have to say that the best part about Grey’s Anatomy lately is that Mr. Feeny is on… and that he is still doling out words of wisdom like he was in his Boy Meets World days. I relied on a lot of that advice. Heavily.

3. Let me tell you a little story. I grew up never eating salad. I mean, NEVER. Obviously, I blame pretty much everything in my life on that fact. Then one day, I had a caesar salad. It made salad doable for me, even if it did need atrocious amounts of cheese and croutons. I mean, I like a little salad with my cheese and bread, if you get my drift. Soooo… grilled pumpkin caesar salads? I’m so infatuated with it I’m starting a club. No really.

4. My husband and I ate an entire pizza one afternoon last weekend and thought we were going to die. I think as I hit 30 it should become important for me to not continue to eat like a man. I mean, do I need to be a lady or something?

5. Speaking of mistakes, 32 mistakes we’re all going to make… my personal favorite is #10. Right? “Because of… reasons.”

6. And speaking of ladies, I think I’ve mentioned this before, but in my old age I have to say that I absolutely loooooooathe when somebody calls me a “lady.” Like when the four year old in the grocery store points to me and says “mom, why is that lady buying a lot of ice cream?” Hello. I’m going to go curl up and die now. And scream I’M NOT A LADY! WHAT DON’T YOU GET ABOUT IT? I don’t need your judgement, young child.

7. Last night I was desperately searching for the hummus in my fridge and after losing patience and not finding it, I grabbed the tortilla chips I wanted and there… was the hummus. Sitting right next to the tortilla chips. Like, not refrigerated. Like, placed back there from the last time I ate the snack. Apparently I’m losing my mind. Oh and I also discovered month-old turkey meatballs in the fridge that I thought my husband had consumed. I thought wrong. Not a good thing.

8. I have been totally flipping over these marshmallows since yesterday. Um, don’t they just scream ME?!

9. Alright, I just can’t take it because I sit inside my house and laugh hysterically at this list of 40 ways to stay fat forever… almost every single day. I need to get out more?

10. I meant to share this before, but I found this bad lip reading video of the first debate lightly hysterical. Is that inappropriate? Oh well. If so, watch this video that my brother’s school made for their homecoming week. Like the teachers made it. Like some teachers that I had. You know when you have that really-funny-but-want-to-die-because-you’re-so-uncomfortable feeling? Yeah. If you don’t know what I mean, just go watch an episode of Girls. Heck, watch a few clips of Girls. And wait, when did teachers get younger than me? Clearly having a huge breakdown this week.

11. Why is every Ryan Gosling movie so perfect… even when it isn’t?

12. What is your favorite place to eat in NYC? Yes, I’ve been there multiple times but I’d like to eat my entire way through this trip. Like… that’s all I do. I’m sure I’ll just be delightful when I return home.

110 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Yum Yucky — October 23, 2012 @ 4:04 pm

I can most certainly eat like a man on cue if the situation calls for it. Pizza definitely requires man-eating. So does pie… and soft baked cookies.. and, and and… (just fill in the blank with whatevah).

JulieD — October 23, 2012 @ 4:07 pm

I love that debate video!! And I can never get bored of fall pictures especially since I can’t experience Fall like you all can up north. :)

Lauren — October 23, 2012 @ 4:09 pm

Have you been to Levain Bakery on the upper west side? They have the world’s best cookies ever. It is pretty amazing.

Heidi — October 23, 2012 @ 4:10 pm

I must be late to the party, because I always am, but thoughtcatalog was stinking hilarious! Thanks for that. :)

RachelC — October 23, 2012 @ 4:12 pm

Ohhh I’m following along for NYC restaurant suggestions! I’m headed there in a few weeks and have already started planning my meals.

Michelle | Letters from Boston — October 23, 2012 @ 4:15 pm

Love your Tuesday Things! :-)

Jessica — October 23, 2012 @ 4:15 pm

Is it sad that I was shocked Mr. Feeny is still alive? I mean…
    And that TC “32 mistakes” post… ALL THE THINGS. All of them.

CarrieLovesKeith — October 23, 2012 @ 4:15 pm

Umm, who is Mr. Feeny? I really need to know… I love Grey’s, and it’s killing me to think I’m missing out on some aspect of this show! :)

• Jessica — October 23rd, 2012 @ 4:17 pm

He was a teacher on the show Boy Meets World… now he is the older doctor that Christina is working with!

CarrieLovesKeith — October 23, 2012 @ 4:18 pm

Ohhhhhhh, hahahahaha!! Never mind! I get it now, YES!! I THOUGHT I knew that guy from somewhere!! Okay, sorry, this is a rediculous waste of your comments section LOL :)

I LOVE when Christina makes fun of him in the beginning of the season, too. She is my favorite!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — October 23, 2012 @ 4:19 pm

We were just in NYC and had a great dinner at Barmache in SoHo(?), Spring St. and Elizabeth St. And theres a great wine and tapas place three doors down! http://www.barmarche.com/BM_home.html

Rachel Amanda — October 23, 2012 @ 4:19 pm

Ahhh #6 kills me. I’m 26 and the only thing worse than being called a lady is being called a girl. Seriously. I am not a child.

Emily — October 23, 2012 @ 4:19 pm

Ahhh! You’re coming to my city. I have MANY suggestions — my top ten:

1. Beauty & Essex in the Lower East Side for dinner (kale & apple salad and the bread pudding are MUSTS)
    2. Concrete in Chelsea (fried peanut butter and jelly … I’m serious)
    3. Two Little Red Hens on the Upper East Side (red velvet cake)
    4. Raine’s Law Room near Union Square (Shaken Pina Colada)
    5. Friend of Farmer near Union Square for breakfast (bread basket)
    6. ABC Kitchen near Union Square (FYI: John Mayer was there three times last week) (the sundae with caramel corn and chocolate sauce … then die a slow happy death)
    7. Big Gay Ice Cream Shop (just because)
    8. Lavo in Midtown (beet salad, meatballs, strawberry shortcake)
    9. La Esquina in the West Village … it’s all amazing.
    10. Bare Burger in Murray Hill (your hubby will love this place) (The Western = amazeballs)

I have tons more suggestions. Email me and we can chat!

• Dana — October 23rd, 2012 @ 4:30 pm

I second Two Little Red Hens!!

• Victoria — October 23rd, 2012 @ 7:12 pm

I second Essex…but I enjoyed it for brunch! Machego mac’n'cheese served with chicken apple sausage and 3 mimosas…SO GOOD. (cash only!)

• Victoria — October 23rd, 2012 @ 7:13 pm

Ugh…manchego, not machego.

• Emily — October 24th, 2012 @ 11:04 am

They’re two different places! Although I did hear Essex brunch is AMAZING!

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — October 23, 2012 @ 4:21 pm

Those ways to stay fat forever are amaaaazing.

And OMG that Bad Lip Reading! So funny. But not quite as funny as the idea of Catholic school teachers doing the Gangnam Style dance….that might take the cake.

Speaking of cake, you have to try Crumbs Bake Shop in NYC. The frosting on those cupcakes……ohmygawww.

Holly B — October 23, 2012 @ 4:22 pm

Jessica- Surely you have watched the new show “The Mindy Project” with Mindy Lahiri) the hilarious Indian actress from The Office? The humor is almost spot-on Girls humor. Something to tide you over until the new season :)

• Jessica — October 23rd, 2012 @ 4:23 pm

I.love.Mindy. Her book almost caused me to pee my pants on a plane. Not joking.

Megan G — October 23, 2012 @ 4:24 pm

You have to eat at Alta in NYC…one of my fave places ever! Make sure you get the Philadelphia Truffle Surprise.

janetha {meals & moves} — October 23, 2012 @ 4:24 pm

the last thing i need is a list of how to stay fat forever. i have that down pat already.

Karen — October 23, 2012 @ 4:28 pm

PLEASE TELL ME YOU WILL GO HERE_ you will NOT be disappointed.

Good Enough to Eat for brunch/breakfast .
    SERIOUSLY I SWEAR it will be the best thing you do for yourself… why?
    Because the butter they serve you is WHIPPED strawberry butter.!!

• Karen — October 23rd, 2012 @ 4:30 pm

oh and I should add that their Bacon is THE best Bacon my hubs and I have ever heat.. like ever (a la Taylor Swift)!

sarah @ sarahjunebakes — October 23, 2012 @ 4:33 pm

I second Levain Bakery – best cookies in the entire world.

Jess — October 23, 2012 @ 4:39 pm

Go to Wo Hop in Chinatown. It is tiny, it is cramped, but it is a classic that my father used to go to when he was little. Then walk over to Ferrara’s for dessert. Chinese food and Italian for dessert? Yes.

Kaitlyn — October 23, 2012 @ 4:39 pm

Lip synching video…….. omg. too much. dying.

Sarah T. — October 23, 2012 @ 4:40 pm

As I was reading this, my friend sent me this video of The Gos: http://www.vulture.com/2012/10/young-ryan-gosling-was-adorable-very-candian.html?

Fate? Destiny? I think so.

Liz — October 23, 2012 @ 4:42 pm

Those party marshmallows definitely look amazing – and I love that they have “L” on them :D

Cait — October 23, 2012 @ 4:42 pm

taco shop on west 4th street. pork belly taco = life changing.
    half pint in the west village. amazing brunch
    waffle & wolf in brooklyn. sandwiches on waffles? .. sign me up for three.

have fun in my neck of the woods.

Sharla — October 23, 2012 @ 4:45 pm

if you’ve already committed every mistake on the list does it mean you won’t re-commit them? just wondering…

So funny – I love Tuesday Things!!

Kaylan — October 23, 2012 @ 4:50 pm

Le Bonne Soupe on W 55th between 5th and 6th for their soup, obviously. But their quiches are delicious.

Maggie — October 23, 2012 @ 4:53 pm

I’m going to only recommend NYC restaurants in Brooklyn because Brooklyn is way better than Manhattan.

Pork Slope in Park Slope, AMAZING bar food by Dale Talde
    Fette Sau in Williamsburg, great BBQ
    Al Di La in Park Slope and Noddle Pudding in Brooklyn Heights are both great Italian food
    Ample Hills Creamery, 2nd best ice cream I’ve ever had in my life (and I am an ice cream addict) (1st is Graeter’s in Cincinnati)
    Dram Shop in Park Slope is a fairly normal looking bar in Park Slope but they made a fantastic (fried) veggie burger and a pretty great meat burger and their chipotle mayo is phenomenal
    Bonnie’s in Park Slope, killer chicken wings

Enjoy!!

Yammie @ Yammie's Noshery — October 23, 2012 @ 4:54 pm

I LOVE THOSE LIP READ VIDEOS!!! So hilarious. The first time I watched that I was at work and I think everybody thought I was just sitting at my computer randomly plugging my nose and snorting or crying or something. Either way, quite embarrassing.

Jenna — October 23, 2012 @ 5:00 pm

God I love that you called him Mr. Feeny. He will always go by that name in my book.

Patricia — October 23, 2012 @ 5:09 pm

New York: EATALY! Specifically, Manzo within EATALY (http://eatalyny.com/eat/manzo), although the entire place is a gastronomic delight. But if you go to EATALY, have the Tortelloni filled with braised beef and served with Mushroom Butter. I’m on meds that have made me drop like 15 pounds in one month by making most food repulsive, and I still managed to clean my plate of tortelloni. They are DIVINE.

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — October 23, 2012 @ 5:15 pm

So when I read the “Fat Forever” TC, I thought “are these people mind-readers?” I mean, it’s SO me. And I’m embracing the fall finally happening here in Northern California–it’s about time. Your leaf pictures were making me green with botany envy.

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — October 23, 2012 @ 5:21 pm

I can’t believe I didn’t realize that was Mr. Feeny!!!

Katharine — October 23, 2012 @ 5:25 pm

Ahh you must got to ABC Kitchen and The Lamb’s Club for some finer dining. Some other fantastic options are Eleven Madison Park, The Modern, Crown…

Also, The Spotted Pig (April Bloomfield) has hands-down the best Roquefort burger with garlic rosemary fries you will have in your life.

Holly — October 23, 2012 @ 5:33 pm

I just have to comment to say that I love your blog. You are so hilarious!!!! I can relate to everything you say. HEE LAR EE US! :)

Alyssa — October 23, 2012 @ 5:34 pm

I agree with the Levain Bakery. Also try Dessert Truck Works (chocolate bread pudding is to die for) on Clinton Street in the LES, which is right next to the best pancakes in NYC at the Clinton Street Baking Co. & Restaurant. Also in the LES is Il Laboratorio del Gelato, which is literally the best gelato on the planet.

Alexandria — October 23, 2012 @ 5:42 pm

Go to Avra! Amazing Greek restaurant – but like, traditional Greek food so lots of fish and deliciousness.

Ashley — October 23, 2012 @ 5:49 pm

In NYC, I tried Il Tinello because of their Pasta a la Regis (which Regis Philbin used to talk about on Live all the time), and the dish is actually really good! It’s an old-fashioned place with an older clientele, but I liked everything I had there.

Schmackary’s for cookies (FROSTED cookies. Red Velvet Cookies.)

Kari Beth — October 23, 2012 @ 5:51 pm

Lanskys deli on the upper west side for great deli food. Enid’s for brunch in Greenpoint. Basils if you are feeling gutsy and stopping in Crown Heights.

Chelsy — October 23, 2012 @ 5:55 pm

JESSICA, BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THIS…YOU MUST TRY “ISLAND BURGER” IN NYC. iT IS THE BEST! THEY HAVE ABOUT 40 MILLION DIFFERENT KINDS OF BURGERS, SALADS (IF UR IN TO THAT SORT OF THING), CHILI, AND OMG THEIR MILKSHAKES (GET THE BLACK AND WHITE). It is really really small and intimate, with the friendliest owners who are from Texas. I visited there and coincidently I am from Houston, so we hit it off. ISLAND BURGER and Shakes: http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/7143695/new_york_ny/island_burgers_and_shakes.html They don’t really have a formal website! :)

Samantha — October 23, 2012 @ 5:56 pm

Favorite place to eat in NYC is actually in Brooklyn. If you like latin american food – Bogata Bistro. It sits right in the middle of restaurant avenue (5th avenue of Brooklyn) and it’s so so so good!

Patti — October 23, 2012 @ 6:04 pm

You must go to Momofuko and eat the duck buns. 5 of them at least and then go across the street Momofuko Milk Bar and consume 2 slices of crack pie. It’s NYC, you can walk it off.

delphine — October 23, 2012 @ 6:17 pm

last time i was in NYC I had a majorly amazing meal at Mark Forgione’s restaurant in Tribeca – the place has a great vibe too
    and if you have something to celebrate (cause it’s a bit on the pricey side), go to l’artusi in the west village: italian food NYC style, yum…
    and Motorino for pizza! brussels sprout pizza!
    gosh now i am hungry…

Christine — October 23, 2012 @ 6:50 pm

You totally got me hooked on the Thought Catalog. It reminds me of this website I’ll check out for some laughs.. http://whatshouldwecallme.tumblr.com/

you should visit it.. its hilaroius!

Alyssa — October 23, 2012 @ 7:03 pm

Okay, you’re going to NYC? Trust me on this one… Sal & Carmine’s on the Upper West Side and then across the street to Broadway Dive for some amazing craft beers. Best $20 you’ll ever spend. :D

Melissa — October 23, 2012 @ 7:18 pm

you’re coming to nyc? yay! let me know if you are on the upper east side -would love to meet you! i’m a long time lurker but i promise im not totally a weirdo:) I recommend (as others did) Levain bakery on upper west and two little red hens hens on east. And if you areee on the upper east – you should go to either Uva wine bar (amazing bruschetta! and pasta!) or Maya (amazing mexican and sangria)

Averie @ Averie Cooks — October 23, 2012 @ 7:40 pm

There are no trees like that near me! So I love the pics!

And even worse than Lady, is being called ma’am. Omg.

Enjoy your eat-fest in NYC :)

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — October 23, 2012 @ 7:51 pm

You have to go get an Elvis sandwich from Peanut Butter & Co. in New York! Yum!

HeatherChristo — October 23, 2012 @ 7:57 pm

You are the very best ever. Thanks for talking about my little salad. I will email you my list of fav’s!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — October 23, 2012 @ 8:04 pm

I love Tuesday Things. You are too funny!

Abby Flynt — October 23, 2012 @ 8:08 pm

FYI, the Beek tweeted that there is some sort of Dawson’s Creek thing happening on Don’t Miss The B this week (possibly tonight).

Amber at Love, Laugh, Live Well — October 23, 2012 @ 8:30 pm

I hate the lady thing too! Same with Ma’mm. Makes.me.feel.so.old. Maybe it’s because I’m turning 30 soon that I’m more sensitive to it, but noooo don’t address me the same as my mom.