Tuesday Things.

1. One should probably not plan to develop three bourbon cocktails on a Monday for their job. At 10:00 in the morning. When they are home alone all day.

2. If you’ve been reading for awhile you know that one of my favorite movies of all time is It’s Complicated and I’ve probably talked about it in like 20 different Tuesday things posts. Well, I watched it again this past weekend. I want to live inside that movie. Why a 30-year old wants to be a 50-something divorcee that is having an affair with her ex-husband… I have no idea. Totally lost on me. I’m a mess.

3. Best thing I’ve read recently: finding the time to do the things you want by one of my favorite writers ever.

4. I want Derek Hough to choreograph my life.

5. You know I get intense blog crushes but we need to talk about Bev. That girl comes up with the most amazing savory meals ever and does it like every single day. I make about three things from her blog weekly and that is no lie.

6. So it looks like the Boy Meets World sequel that we talked about a few weeks ago is happening for sure. My preteen heart just exploded. In honor of that, here are 25 unknown things about  the show. Mr. Feeny for life.

7. We saw Skyfall over the weekend and for a girl who is the quintessential cliché of chick flicks and trash TV, I freaking loved it. It was so good. I didn’t even fall asleep like I did in Casino Royale. Additionally, there is one thing my husband loves more than eating chocolate chip cookies over the kitchen sink and bingeing on Diet Coke. And that thing is Daniel Craig. Not a problem for me…

8. Have you seen the new Griswold Old Navy commercial? Eeeeeek! Considering the entire month of December I tend to speak in Christmas Vacation quotes (yeah I’m really annoying), this made my life. Also, if you’re within five inches of me your name is Clark.

9. Wait… did Ryan Gosling really get looked over for the sexiest man again? I don’t even know if I can live in this world anymore. More importantly, if one is over the age of 35 and if one has never seen The Notebook or Crazy Stupid Love, does one really even care about him? I think about very important things all day long.

10. I have not bought one single Christmas gift yet. I don’t even have any ideas. Oh, except for things for myself. Of course. I’m swimming in anxiety up to my eyeballs.

11. I’m so very sure that this was written about my life: 24 reasons you’re not ready to have kids yet. Hello #21. I think that was literally ripped from my brain. Also see: 23 reasons food is better than love. OMG. I’m a super passionate person but uh, just… yes. Definitely did my share of laughing out loud there.

75 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Rhonda — November 28, 2012 @ 2:45 pm

OMG I love love the movie It’s Complicated. Her house was to die for and her bakery? I could totally live there. Loved it!! I watch it all the time. I am over 35, actually over 40 but under 50, thank God. And I love the notebook, I cry every time and I love Crazy Stupid Love. And Ryan Gosling is a babe, he should not have been passed over again. I think food is better than sex. Well, maybe, but it is more dependable. lol.

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen — November 28, 2012 @ 4:37 pm

Thanks Jessica for introducing me to Anne Lamott!!!!

Paige — November 28, 2012 @ 5:02 pm

I had a Christmas Vacation moment when I was hanging light on my house the other day. I laughed so hard at the “not ready to have kids” thing – I have a kid and I still have trouble with #8 sometimes – thank God for Eggo waffles!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — November 28, 2012 @ 5:07 pm

9 is the most important of them all – seriously baffling

Amanda — November 28, 2012 @ 7:09 pm

Why oh why would you redirect us to Bev? I have a hard enough time choosing from your recipes, now I’m twice addicted lol.

Shannon — November 28, 2012 @ 9:32 pm

They sell the Moose eggnog glasses online! Aaaaaaaaaah! They may be $20 A PIECE, but I am totally buying them. And the tree squirrel replica. And Uncle Eddie’s flap hat and black Dickie. And the Jelly of the Month Member t-shirt. That movie rules.

Loretta | A Finn In The Kitchen — November 29, 2012 @ 1:01 am

Bev is hilarious and talented in a crazy way!

Linda — November 29, 2012 @ 10:40 am

Just left you a message and a picture on Facebook… your husband will be happy, although probably disappointed that I have no idea where the autographs are right now, or that the kids don’t even know who Daniel Craig is…! Must introduce them to the movies this winter.

Amber @ Slim Pickin's Kitchen — November 29, 2012 @ 5:53 pm

PS. Have I ever told you that the hubs and I were married at the same location where the rowboat scene from the Notebook was shot? Cypress Gardens, SC :)

Jessie — November 29, 2012 @ 6:07 pm

I love love love Anne Lamott. Great article!

Jess — November 29, 2012 @ 11:03 pm

I love you for mentioning It’s Complicated and Crazy Stupid Love in the same post.

Megan — November 30, 2012 @ 1:20 am

So, I found out that Joey the Rat was in Rilo Kiley because the first time I saw them in concert, I totally recognized him from that role! Loved BMW!

Lizzie — November 30, 2012 @ 11:20 am

Totally with on you the Ryan Gosling thing. DIdn’t Bradley Cooper get it once before? Absurd. Injustice.

Erin @ The Speckled Palate — November 30, 2012 @ 12:55 pm

Two things: How in the heck did I NOT see the Griswold Old Navy commercial until now? Oh. My. Goodness. Dying. Like you, I tend to randomly quote Christmas Vacation throughout the holiday season, and I may or may not have forced my mother and husband into watching it twice already. (Sorry I’m not sorry.)

And secondly, Skyfall. Love. Love. Love. We saw it last weekend, too, and I was blown away. And I generally don’t like things like that, either, so hooray for Daniel Craig and James Bond and stuff.

Jenny P. — November 30, 2012 @ 1:58 pm

Ok, so i’ve recently discovered and completely fallen for your blog, and when I thought it couldn’t get any better you link to my absoltecompleteandtotalfangirlcrazy author of all time. Win.

maria — December 5, 2012 @ 12:51 am

Can’t stop watching the girls promo either! “I dont think i could be like a model” “nonono not a model”

Star Ireson — April 14, 2013 @ 12:35 pm

Adapted to screen from the Nicholas Sparks novel of the same name, The Notebook is one of the best romantic dramas to hit the big screen in decades. Garnering high marks from a wide-range of critics, The Notebook is a funny and emotional film which deals with love, relationships, and the risks people take. James Garner turns in a notable performance as the elder man, Duke, who reads the pages of his notebook to dying nursing home resident Allie (Gena Rowlands). Overall, this is a classic “chick flick” with a dramatic twist. Set in the World War II era, The Notebook is a great film…*

Please do take a peek at this useful web portal
    <="http://www.caramoan.ph/caramoan-lahus-island/

Deandre — May 18, 2013 @ 3:57 pm

It’s hard to come by experienced people for this topic, but you seem like you know what you’re
    talking about! Thanks.