All along, I was planning on telling you about this linguine.

Spinach and Artichoke Linguine I

Well, that may be false. When do I ever talk about what the title is here? Exactly.

But for real this time, I was planning on discussing the pasta.

Spinach and Artichoke Linguine I

I went upstairs to wash my face and get comfortable so I could write this ridiculousness that I call a blog and as I’m washing my face, I realize that it feels like I’m standing in a puddle. Like my feet are wet. And I’m wearing socks. And it took a few seconds for it all to set in but yes, I was definitely standing in water and had, like, a teaspoon of soap in each eye. I didn’t know what to do so I turned off the water and then I almost went blind because I seriously burnt (burned?) the heck out of my eyeballs. And I was still standing in inches of water. INCHES, people.

Now now, I know I can be dramatic and maybe… exaggerate… at times, but really. There was a LOT of water. I actually just stood there and started laughing. I mean, I really didn’t know what to do. Clearly something happened to the pipes under the sink and while the water destroyed about 55 mini bottles of hotel-taken shampoo (uh… we travel a lot) but managed to spare my Clarisonic battery charger, it wasn’t that huge of a mess to clean up. And I think we all know how I feel about messes.

Spinach and Artichoke Linguine I

From his spot under four blankets and three pillows, I’m pretty sure my husband opened one eye and stared at me then went right back to sleep. I was really excited to see how he felt about this at 5am this morning. Right?

I solved the problem by covering the entire bathroom floor with about 14 towels and giggling hysterically. I have no clue why I found this so hilarious aside from the fact that it was so totally random and something I would have NO IDEA how to fix at midnight.

I think it was my only solution other than having a midnight meltdown. Which isn’t all that common over here sooo… you know.

Spinach and Artichoke Linguine I

How do I talked about spinach and artichoke stuff after that? I don’t even know. All YOU need to know (besides my entire life story) is that this is sort of like my favorite dip twirled in between noodles. It’s sort of healthy (I guess?) and sort of really, really fast (I mean, really fast) and just an all around fun twist on a few of my favorite dishes. Saying “sort of” one more time might send me over the edge. But! You could even throw something red in here like roasted peppers and make it all Christmasey and stuff.

Or you could just drink it with red wine… and, yeah. Let’s do that.

Spinach and Artichoke Linguine I

4 garlic cloves, minced
8 ounces fresh spinach
1 (12-ounce) jar of marinated artichokes, drained and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese

Bring water to a boil and prepare pasta according to directions.

Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add olive oil and butter. Add in shallots, salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes, just until soft. Add in spinach and toss well to coat, stirring until completely wilted, then add in garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add in artichokes and stir, cooking for another 5 minutes so everything is warm. Stir in ricotta, mascarpone and parmesan, mixing until combined.

Once pasta has been drained, add it to the skillet and toss thoroughly with the spinach and artichoke mixture. Serve immediately with extra cheese!

Spinach and Artichoke Linguine I

And that’s that.

73 Responses to “Spinach and Artichoke Linguine.”

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — December 20, 2012 @ 8:00 am

Uh, yeah – I’d have NO idea what to do in that kind of situation. 14 towels and a saved clarisonic battery sounds good to me!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — December 20, 2012 @ 8:04 am

I will definitely be making this one … it sounds delicious! Thanks, Jessica!

Heather @ SugarDish(Me) — December 20, 2012 @ 8:07 am

Ohhhhhh my favorite dip all combined and cozy with pasta! Super yum. You’re a better woman than I . I woulda TOTALLY woken my other half up to address the crisis at midnight. Emergency!!!!

Su — December 20, 2012 @ 8:09 am

Well, it sure looks delicious.
    And the story of your sink was quite hilarious, so never mind the pasta story. I promise I’ll try it and for sure I will remind of your wet feet while eating it ;)
    Merry Christmas for you Jessica

little kitchie — December 20, 2012 @ 8:14 am

Your lead-in had me dying laughing. We live in an OLD home and random stuff like that happens to us all. the. time. But at least your pasta looks AHmazing. Love the idea of making it all Christmas-y with some peppers!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — December 20, 2012 @ 8:15 am

Looks fabulous!!! I love how simple it is and it’s such great flavors! One thing about this time of year, I love pasta! I can’t get enough of it!

Liz — December 20, 2012 @ 8:26 am

Yikes! I’m sorry about all the water :( But at least you have this delicious dip-inspired pasta to enjoy.

Kelly — December 20, 2012 @ 8:40 am

This looks fantastic.

I would be freaking out if that bathroom scene had happened to me. Like yelling at the husband, proclaiming that the house was going to rot and it was going to costs 100,000 of dollars to fix. I am not good in crisis that involve my home. I am an over freaker outer. (those are totally words right?)

Hope you figure it out soon!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — December 20, 2012 @ 8:47 am

Agh sorry to hear about the leaky pipes Jess! A similar thing happened at my house a year or two ago… my mum had been mucking around with the water softener in the basement which was where my sister was going to be sleeping that night. My mum left to go back home, and the next morning my sister came running into my room at like 6am to tell me that the basement was flooding. Sure enough, the water softener machine was overflowing with water. Luckily, my neighbour knows how to fix just about everything so I went over to his house (I’m sure he wasn’t too happy to see me at 6am on a Saturday) and he came over. NOT a fun way to start the morning!

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles — December 20, 2012 @ 8:49 am

I’d probably be doing the exact same thing…especially at 5 am! Brain processes do not kick in that early.

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — December 20, 2012 @ 8:51 am

This recipe is incredible and right up my alley!!! I want this right now for breakfast!

Stephanie — December 20, 2012 @ 9:23 am

I have been on such a spinach eating kick lately, I love this idea!!!

alyssa - life a la wife — December 20, 2012 @ 9:32 am

Stop.It. How do you do this?

Paige — December 20, 2012 @ 9:40 am

The photo before the recipe – with the fork sticking straight up – is the BEST photo I’ve ever seen on a food blog ever ever ever!!! You should frame it!!

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots — December 20, 2012 @ 9:48 am

this sounds delicious! Your bathroom leak however doesn’t sound that way! I would have done the same thing and waited for my boyfriend to solve the problem!

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — December 20, 2012 @ 9:52 am

Spinach linguine and red wine — YES. Merry Christmas to me.

DessertForTwo — December 20, 2012 @ 10:03 am

You’re a genius! I love it when you make decadent vegetarian dishes! This is on my list of things to make!

Jessica — December 20, 2012 @ 10:15 am

Spinach artichoke dip. Pasta. Wine. Amen.

Erin@LawStudentsWife — December 20, 2012 @ 10:18 am

Snowed in today, and I’m feeling saved by the fact that I have everything I need to make this pasta. it looks just amazing. More importantly: I have two bottles of red wine. Done.

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — December 20, 2012 @ 10:33 am

Thank goodness you posted this – it looks insanely delicious!

christin — December 20, 2012 @ 10:38 am

yea im making this ASAP.

Ashley — December 20, 2012 @ 10:43 am

I can just picture the scene of the flooded floor and you laughing. Hope it wasn’t worse in the morning!! I want this pasta right now.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — December 20, 2012 @ 10:53 am

favorite dip twirled in between noodles is a perfect way to put it and it sounds great!

the bursting or leaking pipes – not so great! And all those mini bottles, lost forever. At least the Clarisonic was spared (which BTW I don’t have one & have always wondered if they’re worth it…..)

Kim in MD — December 20, 2012 @ 10:59 am

I’m so sorry to hear about your plumbing problem! At least you took it in stride…I’m not sure I could have laughed! This pasta looks incredible!

Joelle (on a pink typewriter) — December 20, 2012 @ 11:01 am

Looks delicious!!

Maria — December 20, 2012 @ 11:06 am

I just made something similar. too funny! Not posting until January:)

Bev @ Bev Cooks — December 20, 2012 @ 11:11 am

A) OMG all that water. I would have lost my mind.

B) OMG this pasta. I about to lose my mind. Again.

C) I’m losing my mind.

Natalie — December 20, 2012 @ 11:25 am

This looks absolutely delish! xo

Yum Yucky — December 20, 2012 @ 11:32 am

well it’s about time you told us about the dang linguines!!! Yet I will surely require a larger portion…

Jenna @ — December 20, 2012 @ 11:56 am

Wow, sorry to hear about the plumbing. I hate finding myself standing in puddles of water in my socks. I hate wet socks. Yuck.

But, your linguini sounds amazing. Love the roasted red pepper idea. I think I may try a variation of that on Christmas eve, with some crab thrown in. I’ll still have it with red wine ;-)

Becky @ Olives n Wine — December 20, 2012 @ 12:07 pm

This looks like spinach-artichoke dip in pasta form! YUMMMM!!!! Broken water pipes are awful. I hope you guys get it figured out!

Stephanie — December 20, 2012 @ 12:10 pm

You’re clearly more mature than I am. I have this thing I like to do called ignoring things like an inch of water and returning to bed. I would have climbed into bed, put my cold damp feet on the hubs and murmured “I think there is a broken pipe in the bathroom. Isn’t that man’s work, you’d better get in there and fix that before the house floods”. You see I wash the clothes, go to the grocery store and fix meals. House floods are his thing…

Morgan — December 20, 2012 @ 12:12 pm

I had a craving for something like like this last week! I wanted my favorite dip, but something not as heavy. This is perfect! Thanks :)

JulieD — December 20, 2012 @ 12:32 pm

spin artichoke dip in a pasta is genius!! :)

Kacy — December 20, 2012 @ 12:43 pm

Ugh, I’m so sorry. I would have had a colossal meltdown. Then I probably would have hoarded pasta and drank wine :)

Potatoes and Pilates — December 20, 2012 @ 12:59 pm

GORGEOUS photography! That pasta doesn’t look too bad either:)

P.S. Wine is the answer to all of life’s problems. Even broken pipes!

JoAnn C. — December 20, 2012 @ 1:40 pm

Oh wow! Yum!

Julia Jolliff — December 20, 2012 @ 1:44 pm

I recently made a spinach and artichoke pasta dish and loved it!! It was so delicious.

peabody — December 20, 2012 @ 1:51 pm

Oh my yes…come to mama!

Michelle — December 20, 2012 @ 2:23 pm

I’m new to your blog and I already love you!

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes — December 20, 2012 @ 2:45 pm

I wish I could say that I can’t relate…………but alas, I CAN relate to this story. And it’s more than one story :)

kim@hungryhealthygirl — December 20, 2012 @ 2:52 pm

Oh no….sorry about the water incident, but I’m so glad you were able to laugh about it! I don’t think I would have thought it was all that funny. On another note…that pasta looks right up my alley. I love artichoke pastas, especially ones that include ricotta and mascarpone cheese.

Mandie @ Oh So Decadent — December 20, 2012 @ 2:55 pm

Well first off, I hope that you solved your leaky pipe issue and I’m not talking about that weird commercial with the pipe people (lol), but really. I also would have done the same thing or if I had been half awake then I would have run around in a circle screaming my head off. So mature, I know.

Secondly, this pasta looks amazing and I want to dive face-first into it. Thank you for bringing it into my life.

a farmer in the dell — December 20, 2012 @ 3:00 pm

sorry about the bathroom leak. at least you have this awesome looking pasta to enjoy. I want some now!!

Sharla — December 20, 2012 @ 4:31 pm

oh girl I’m so glad it was a quick fix. We came home to a FLOODED downstairs last year (like, the ceiling had caved in from all the water upstairs!!) NOT. FUN.

this sounds delish – thanks!

Sabatino - — December 20, 2012 @ 5:43 pm

You should have called me! I would have fixed the pipes and you could have paid me in Linguine! I swear, if food was a proper form of payment, I would be fat and poor.

Natasha @ The Cake Merchant — December 20, 2012 @ 7:06 pm

I love your vegetarian recipes! I will be making this soon.

Biz — December 20, 2012 @ 7:45 pm

Sorry about the water in your bathroom! I am clueless around the house, so luckily I married a man who is quite handy!

this does remind me of the spinach artichoke dip between noodles – putting it on the list of things to make! :D

Larry — December 20, 2012 @ 8:57 pm

I want to faceplant in that immediately.
    Oh, and I totally would have just laid the towels on the floor, too. Stupid plumbing.

dervla @ The Curator — December 20, 2012 @ 10:52 pm

Dude! I’d be giggling hysterically too, cause really, what else can you do? Insanity. What’s also insane is that linguine. Gotta try it.

1. Pingback: Spinach and Artichoke Linguine | How Sweet It Is | Which Wine Is Sweet

2. Pingback: New Year New Food | Waiting on Martha