1. Resolutions smesolutions. That hot dog was fantastic.

2. Friends! What have you been doing the last two weeks? We haven’t talked in forever. I did a bunch of… nothing. Oh except on New Year’s Ever I decided not to be a recluse and had the most amazing meal ever at Bar Marco. No seriously. The pork belly and sauerkraut pierogi is one of the best things I’ve ever eaten. Ever ever.

3. I’ve also been sporting the neon-est (is that a word?) pink lipstick I can find. Everyday. Oh and I found one of my posts from July titled “summertime girls are the kind I like.” I’m humiliating.

4. I decided that 2013 was the year I wanted to simplify, well… everything in my life. Then I bought three pairs of boots. They were on sale. (File that under *the lies we tell ourselves.*)

5. I’m about ten seconds away from framing every single one of these photos. So bright! So fun! It’s like they were taken just for me. Oh I sort of want to eat that too.

6. Can I tell you who I’ve been fascinated with for the last 6 months? I mean I know I always tell you what an embarrassment my iTunes library is (no really… hello barry manilow, kenny loggins and obviously james taylor), but things are looking up. Actually if we are in the real circle of trust I can tell you I’ve been freaking out over Jarrod Spector (like you-tube stalking type freaking out) since I saw him in Jersey Boys over two years ago… and now he has his own album. And the minute it went on iTunes, I bought it and have been blasting it ever since. And I am totally serious. Also very annoying to anyone within a one mile radius.

7. Um who is FREAKING THE HECK out that Girls comes back on Sunday night? I’m already harboring massive secondhand embarrassment. Right? I watched a few reruns this week and just had to shield my eyes. What a perfect mess.

8. Oh yes and you have to see what Regina George’s hacked-into laptop looks like. OMGGGGGG. Stop.

9. I had a serious brain malfunction yesterday and couldn’t think of one single thing to do with the five pounds of chicken dying in my fridge (yeah I’m aware that sounds so horrific but whatever) so I asked you all on Facebook and… holy crap. It’s like the new chicken recipe hub. I think I have dinner ideas for the next six months.

10. Finally broke down and got Netflix, and yes, I know you’ve been telling me to do this for like, two years, but I did it. Finally. And now my life is a constant stream of Pacey Witter, Pacey Witter and Pacey Witter.

11. 29 ways to make 2013 better. Add “eating hot dogs” to the list. I’m serious.

61 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Lisa — January 8, 2013 @ 4:42 pm

My boyfriend and I debate which one is better –5 Guys or In-n-out? He’s a 5 guys guy (which is good, the burgers are great for fast food) but I am totally In-n-Out! So good!

Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen — January 8, 2013 @ 4:44 pm

Last month I put my computer in my kitchen on a table so I could stream Pacey and recipe test simultaneously. There were so many “OMG! I can’t believe he’s doing that” moments as I was stirring pasta. I highly recommend this pairing.

jess — January 8, 2013 @ 4:45 pm

I agree! resolutions smesolutions! i have banana dark chocolate chip muffins in the oven! a hotdog from 5 guys??? YUMM! i love their burgers, but i’m sure ill love their hotdogs too! i need to break down and get netflix too! enjoy the rest of your day!

Erin @ The Food Doctors — January 8, 2013 @ 4:47 pm

Sooo excited for GIRLS!!!!!!!

Jess @ Flying on Jess Fuel — January 8, 2013 @ 4:47 pm

pork belly and saurkraut pierogis?? OOOOMMMMGG. please find a way to recreate these so I can make them!!

Alisa — January 8, 2013 @ 4:49 pm

i’ve been sick for 4 days, and have been watching Pacey Witter nonstop… love it!

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — January 8, 2013 @ 4:52 pm

YAY GIRLS!!! :)

Ashley — January 8, 2013 @ 4:54 pm

#5 <3 <3 Thanks, lovely! — Also, I agree. Resolutions, shmesolutions.

SMD @ Life According to Steph — January 8, 2013 @ 4:54 pm

Girls! I’m feeling awkward in advance.

Also, I want a hot dog now. THANKS A LOT.

Ashley — January 8, 2013 @ 4:54 pm

Those hearts do not look like hearts. Oops.

JulieD — January 8, 2013 @ 4:57 pm

Ugh no resolutions here either. Forget them! And I need Netflix, I think…I LOVE Parenthood and have to watch all of the old episodes. Have you watched that show at all?

• Barbara — January 17th, 2013 @ 6:11 pm

LOVE Parenthood! I’ve watched it from the start. I’ve heard recently that it is in jeopardy of not being renewed for next year! That would be a crime! Fingers crossed!!

Sarah S. — January 8, 2013 @ 4:59 pm

The Five Guys hot dog is a revelation. I try to stay away. But cheese + onions + hot dog = happy death.

I am so freaking out about Girls coming back.

Katie — January 8, 2013 @ 5:00 pm

Your commentary makes me laugh!! I am stoked for GIRLS. I am also stoked for the chicken recipes! Love it and pinned several suggestions. I am from NC and true story toured the Dawson’s Creek set on one of my spring breaks. Gahhhh that makes me sound old……

amanda — January 8, 2013 @ 5:07 pm

ah! nevermind. I see you are here now!!! Wooooo hooooo!!!!

Katie — January 8, 2013 @ 5:14 pm

Ohmuhgosh. Ragina George’s inbox? Dying.

Chelsea@Chelsea Is Dishing Up — January 8, 2013 @ 5:24 pm

You are hysterical. Let’s be friends… that is until we have to decide who actually gets to be with Pacey.

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — January 8, 2013 @ 5:34 pm

Regina George’s computer is so so so so so good. I’m glad it isn’t cliche that I still worship that movie even at the age of 24. (Is it?)

Aaaand I want that hot dog. Toppings galore!!

Annie @ Annie's City Kitchen — January 8, 2013 @ 5:34 pm

Love Girls! Just got into in the last month or so and I totally understand what you mean by secondhand embarrassment.

Also, you better Netflix the heck outta Friday Night Lights if you haven’t seen it already. Coach Taylor is…..everything.

lacy — January 8, 2013 @ 5:36 pm

Resolutions are for quitters.

GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS #shoshanna

Averie @ Averie Cooks — January 8, 2013 @ 5:37 pm

Im the only person who’s never seen Girls I guess! I also don’t have Netflix. I have such a backlog on my DVR though. All the Bravo and E shows i tape keep me busy. Between the Real housewives and Iron Chef, Top Chef, etc…I am well-stocked. I love that you’re rocking neon pink lipstick!

chelsea — January 8, 2013 @ 5:47 pm

Um…. What’s the lipstick? Neon pink is awesome!

• heather — January 8th, 2013 @ 9:03 pm

i was gonna ask this too! does it have anything to do with a certain MAC shade becoming permanent last month…? CYY for the win?!

• Jessica — January 8th, 2013 @ 9:09 pm

yesss… it’s candy yum yum!

Amanda — January 8, 2013 @ 5:48 pm

Umm… now I want 5 Guys.

Heather at Kitchen Concoctions — January 8, 2013 @ 6:04 pm

Uh yeah…. I seriously watch Dawson’s Creek on Netflix almost every.single.day just for Pacey. And now I have added Fringe episodes to the daily Pacey fix!

Amy — January 8, 2013 @ 6:07 pm

My boyfriend and I watched Dawson’s Creek (my first time, as my parents felt it inappropriate when I was in HS, SO LAME) and we just finished. I miss Pacey SO BAD it’s unreal.

Jamie — January 8, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

I’m not sure what I’m going to watch on Netflix when Dawson’s Creek ends. I’m at the end of the 5th season and holy moly I love me some Busy Phillips in my life again! :) Enjoy.

Carly @ Snack Therapy — January 8, 2013 @ 6:25 pm

Girrrllllsssss… DYING.

Kari@Loaves n Dishes — January 8, 2013 @ 6:26 pm

Firstly, love 5 guys, great place to mess the resolution up! Secondly, I’m totally unhip; should I know who the heck Regina George is?

Rachel — January 8, 2013 @ 6:34 pm

I now want a 5 Guys hot dog for dinner.

Jen — January 8, 2013 @ 6:37 pm

i need that hot dog. maybe that will be outing for tomorrow.

we got netflix a few months ago and i watched the entire series of felicity in a month. i’ve such switched over to hulu-plus since we are w/o cable and a dvr and it is fantastic.

• Barbara — January 17th, 2013 @ 6:16 pm

That was one of the first things I did when I got Netflix…watched Felicity all over again! Got right back into it! I love me some Scott Speedman!!

Jade Sheldon — January 8, 2013 @ 6:58 pm

That Regina George link is one of the best things I’ve ever encountered…

Megan | Eats Daily — January 8, 2013 @ 7:08 pm

I am in the middle of my Dawson’s Creek marathon, so happy it finally came to Netflix!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — January 8, 2013 @ 7:11 pm

I watched all of DC on Netflix and that singlehandedly makes the monthly payments worth it. Plus i’m a BBC nerd and their selection is ah-mazing.

Rachel — January 8, 2013 @ 7:13 pm

Oh, God. I really want a hot dog now.

Jessica — January 8, 2013 @ 7:36 pm

Girls. !!!! The end.

Michelle — January 8, 2013 @ 7:54 pm

OH that hot dog. yum.

Gina_AcuteDesigns — January 8, 2013 @ 8:21 pm

so excited for girls to come back! it makes me feel really old, but I love it.

Little Kitchie — January 8, 2013 @ 8:34 pm

What’s the lipstick color?! I’ve been wanting something new…

I am dying, DYING to try that hot dog now.

• Jessica — January 8th, 2013 @ 9:09 pm

candy yum yum by MAC!

Jenine — January 8, 2013 @ 8:48 pm

Stole your honey like I stole your bike. It’s all good ;)

Amy — January 8, 2013 @ 9:04 pm

Jessica, stop it! I love your blog, but I am continuously freaked out about how you say things that sound like me. And now Jarrod Spector?!?!?!! I saw Jersey Boys two years ago and listen to the soundtrack twice a week ever since – LOVE HIM!

• Jessica — January 8th, 2013 @ 9:09 pm

I love that you love him too!!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — January 8, 2013 @ 9:06 pm

I’ve never had a hot dog from Five Guys! I always get a burger. Do you prefer one over the other??

• Jessica — January 8th, 2013 @ 9:08 pm

I think they are both equally as delicious! Depends on my mood. :)

Kacy — January 8, 2013 @ 9:45 pm

A hot dog sounds amazing right about now.
    Netflix is my life blood. Your life just got so much better.

Lindsay @ The Live-In Kitchen — January 8, 2013 @ 9:54 pm

So excited for Girls on Sunday!

Alissa — January 8, 2013 @ 11:59 pm

I LOVE Netflix! What a great show: Sherlock from the BBC I could watch it over and over!
    I am just starting to work on my resolutions, I have them written down but had to wait for us to move into our new home.

dervla @ The Curator — January 9, 2013 @ 12:04 am

Yay for Girls, cannot. wait. Have you watched Lena’s first film, Tiny Furniture? It’s on Netflix, GET IT. amazing awkwardness will ensue.

Stephanie — January 9, 2013 @ 9:38 am

pork belly AND sauerkraut pierogi…. just like sweet songs to my Polish ears.

Amanda — January 9, 2013 @ 9:54 am

Aw, nice to see Bar Marco get a shout out. Those boys consistently put in a lot of hard work. Bonus: while the cast in crew of Promised Land were in town, it was THE spot they liked to hang out. It was even where the wrap party was held. Yep, I totally saw John Krasinski in there one (rare) slow week night. It’s my neighborhood bar so I used to go in there all the time when they first opened; gotta support the new kids!

Melissa in NJ — January 9, 2013 @ 10:37 am

hahaha! Pacey! I still can’t watch any movies with — what’s her name? Jen? The blonde b-witch. I have not seen “Dawson’s” new TV show but am curious about it.

joelle (on a pink typewriter) — January 9, 2013 @ 11:18 am

OKAY- I think I need to jump on the Girls bandwagon… Do you know if it’s available online? i don’t get HBO. :(

• Jessica — January 9th, 2013 @ 11:33 am

as far as I know, it’s only available on HBO GO (online, but you must have an HBO subscription) or netflix (but they only have the DVDs, not streaming) – however… purchasing the DVD would be a, um… investment? ;)

Karen — January 9, 2013 @ 1:36 pm

You MUST add Pitch Perfect to your queue..it’s the new Mean Girls. Really. Quotable lines out the wazoo. I am thinking an entire menu could be created around this movie..

Larry — January 9, 2013 @ 6:05 pm