I don’t even know what to saaaay.

How To Make Whipped Feta I howsweeteats.com

This whipped feta is single-handedly changing my life. And I mean, like reallyreallyreally changing my life, in ways that include consuming (very small) portions of vegetables along with it because it’s that good. Not like in the when-I was-12-I-stood-outside-of-Limited-Too-in-a-mint-and-navy-flannel-pleated-plaid-skirt-being-a-“model” type of way. That really didn’t take me… anywhere. Fortunately.

For weeks I was inflated with the idea of whipped feta. I have no idea why; I don’t know where I saw it, read about it or heard of it, but I certainly never tasted it and wasn’t really sure that it was a thing. Thank goodness it’s a thing.

How To Make Whipped Feta I howsweeteats.com

You know where I actually think the thought came from? Crumbled feta is a pain. I mean, it’s a delicious pain, but it’s so, well, crumbly that if it’s inside a pita or on top of a pizza, it rolls right off. The crumbles crumble into even tinier crumbles. Even on a salad, it’s nearly impossible to stab each little chunk of feta with a fork and who is going to eat a salad with a spoon? Exactly.

Enter whipped feta. OMG. It is, in two words, freaking awesome.

How To Make Whipped Feta I howsweeteats.com

As you can clearly see, I slathered it on toast. If I’m being perfectly honest, this is the way I ate almost the entire batch. So simple. So creamy and fabulous! I can’t take it. Ugh. And so much flavor.

I attempted the recipe three different ways: with regular cream cheese, whipped cream cheese and Greek yogurt. The whipped cream cheese easily won out. Maybe I’m just a sucker for anything whipped, but oh well. It’s just… yes.

How To Make Whipped Feta I howsweeteats.com

Perhaps my favorite thing about this whole mess is that you can flavor it any way you like. With just these two ingredients, it tastes like… creamy feta. Mine did not need any additional seasoning, but you make the call. You could add roasted red peppers or a ton of herbs. You could even make this incredible dip into a whipped version, which is definitely at the top of my to-do list. You can add it to a salad or soup – heck, even spread it on pizza or use it like hummus. And the best part is that right after whipping? It’s sort of warm and super spreadable. But it’s just as great coming out of the fridge too.

Okay. What I’m really trying to say is that your Wednesday should be consumed by this activity. Whip your feta.

How To Make Whipped Feta I howsweeteats.com

How To Make Whipped Feta

Yield: makes about 3/4 cup

Total Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:

8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled and at room temperature
3 ounces whipped cream cheese, at room temperature

Directions:

Add crumbled feta to a food processor and pulse until small crumbs remain. Add in cream cheese and puree for 4-5 minutes, scraping down the sides when necessary, until feta is super creamy. Serve as desired.

I topped mine with roasted tomatoes, fresh herbs and roasted garlic oil.

[adapted from ina garten]

How To Make Whipped Feta I howsweeteats.com

Whip it good.

216 Responses to “How To Make (Amazing!) Whipped Feta.”

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen — February 13, 2013 @ 1:57 pm

OH MY Geezus! I am in shock I have never heard or tasted whipped feta!??!?!?! My mouth is literally watering! I love some feta on everything but it is annoying how the crumbs always fall off. This looks like a great fix :)

Alicia Greenrabbit — February 13, 2013 @ 2:26 pm

Do you think I will breakout ,if I smear it on my face?
    This is Gorgeous & yummy looking !
    Someone please share it with me and bring the wine!
    Jesse you are truly a foodies inspiration……………

• karen — February 16th, 2013 @ 1:17 am

HaHa! I just spit pop all over my computer.

Michelle — February 13, 2013 @ 2:26 pm

I visit your website everyday, but have never commented. OH MY YUMMINESS!
    I can not wait to try this…how amazing will this be on a turkey wrap?!!!!

Maria Tadic — February 13, 2013 @ 2:32 pm

This looks so good! I’m a sucker for feta and I bet this would be delicious slathered on just about anything! How long can you keep this in the fridge?

Larry — February 13, 2013 @ 2:35 pm

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!
    You made my stomach do a backflip! I want this for lunch. Exactly how you ate it, too. Ughhh

Mandi — February 13, 2013 @ 2:43 pm

I’ve heard of whipped feta before but somehow totally forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder! I’m hosting some girlfriends for dinner Saturday and have already added this to the menu.

Tiffany — February 13, 2013 @ 3:22 pm

Um, YES PLEASE! I am going to make this and eat it just like you did. PERFECT!

Eileen — February 13, 2013 @ 3:39 pm

Whipped feta? INTERESTING. I can just imagine the Greek salad-y stacks of veg layered with feta…oh, and the pizzas with a layer of feta in place of sauce!

Kare @ Kitchen Treaty — February 13, 2013 @ 4:11 pm

Frickin’ yum.

Alaina @ Fabtastic Eats — February 13, 2013 @ 4:11 pm

You’re making me wish i had a drawer full of Feta. I am so sad right now. Its my favorite..or one of. Youre such a cheese genius!

Julia Jolliff — February 13, 2013 @ 4:26 pm

Wow you make whipped feta look absolutely irresistible. I love feta cheese and haven’t had it whipped like this. It really looked like a wonderful appetizer idea.

Heather of Kitchen Concoctions — February 13, 2013 @ 4:28 pm

Haha! Love your last ‘statement’ about this… “Whip it good.” Perfect way to wrap up your love for this! PS I can confirm that this is amazing with sun dried tomatoes ‘whipped’ in. Heaven.

Tara — February 13, 2013 @ 4:45 pm

Heck YES! This will be on everything, EVERYTHING! Eggs, toast, veggies, crackers, steak, chicken…..YES YES YES!

April — February 13, 2013 @ 5:11 pm

I whip my feta back and forth, whip my feta back and forth… like that? Is that what you wanted us to do? Now there’s feta on the ceiling! :D This looks awesome, my husband’s going to adore this.

Madeline Joy — February 13, 2013 @ 6:34 pm

OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU

Marie — February 13, 2013 @ 6:37 pm

This looks wonderful! I’ve never heard of thought of whipping feta cheese before. Most of my family loves this cheese so I may have to try this. Thanks!

Kim in MD — February 13, 2013 @ 7:37 pm

I saw Ina make this recently, and printed the recipe to try. I’m so glad you tested it and loved it! I can’t wait to make it now!

sara — February 13, 2013 @ 8:57 pm

Looks amazing! Definitely need to give this a try!

Haley @ fullnfit — February 13, 2013 @ 9:55 pm

genius. yum.

Sara — February 13, 2013 @ 10:23 pm

Yeah….so this needs to happen NOW!

Nicole @ youngbrokeandhungry — February 13, 2013 @ 11:28 pm

A local vender at the Farmers Market sells a dip exactly like this and I cant get enough of it! I can’t wait to make it at home.

luv what you do — February 13, 2013 @ 11:32 pm

I can’t believe that I have never tried to make whipped feta before. That looks AH-MAZE-ING!

Stephanie (Velez Delights) — February 14, 2013 @ 12:14 am

This looks great! It’s definitely becoming a part of my future To-Do list! :)

Ayelet — February 14, 2013 @ 12:18 am

Made this for the hubs tonight for an after the kids go to bed snack…delish!! Whipped feta is my new favorite.

Joy @ OSS — February 14, 2013 @ 12:19 am

This sounds fabulous!

Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe — February 14, 2013 @ 12:30 am

The whole time I was reading this post, “Whip It Good” was playing in my end. And then you ended the post with that line. Perfect.
    Whipped feta sounds ridiculously delicious.

layla — February 14, 2013 @ 9:19 am

they sell spreadable feta in tetra paks all over egypt in any and every shop there is :-) its hard to find the crumbled type/

LouAnn — February 14, 2013 @ 9:30 am

I have died and gone to heaven and not even tried this yet–I am salivating just thinkin about it i – what a good idea

Nancy — February 14, 2013 @ 9:40 am

how could you go wrong with feta and cream cheese!!! YUM!! cant wait to try this!!

Jessica — February 14, 2013 @ 10:23 am

Love your post, pictures and the idea of whipped feta. This looks fantastic and sounds so so delicious.

Alyssa — February 14, 2013 @ 11:25 am

FANTASTIC IDEA!!!! Nuff said :-)

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — February 14, 2013 @ 4:02 pm

Haha. Omg. Limited Too. God, that place must’ve been terrifying for anyone that wasn’t a 12 year old girl.

Whipped cream cheese is so good…I’m sure this feta is just as magical!

Michelle — February 14, 2013 @ 4:18 pm

Whipped feta and roasted tomatoes sounds AHMAZING!

Jilly — February 14, 2013 @ 10:53 pm

I dont have a food processor but i WILL find a way to make this… i have crumbly feta in the fridge right now…

Amanda — February 15, 2013 @ 12:16 am

YUM!! Gorgeous pictures – as usual!!!

Nikki — February 15, 2013 @ 1:02 am

My mouth is literally watering over this whipped feta even though I’m watching the goriest part of King Kong.

elizabethranger (bubbleteafordinner.com) — February 15, 2013 @ 1:30 am

oh, I used to do this at a cafe I worked at! it was one of my favourite things!! especially with tomatoes, or with grilled chicken. you should try it with goat cheese, too!

Yiota — February 15, 2013 @ 2:33 am

OH! Super idea!

Yiota — February 15, 2013 @ 2:34 am

oh super idea

Sara — February 15, 2013 @ 11:59 am

there are no words for this deliciousness! tried it yesterday with a half clove of garlic. HEAVEN!

Wendy — February 15, 2013 @ 2:51 pm

So simple and yet so delicious! Thank you!

Bernadette @ Now Stir It Up — February 15, 2013 @ 2:56 pm

Yes!!!! This is a brilliant idea. Thank you, my life has changed. :-)

Megan — February 15, 2013 @ 5:25 pm

I also have DEVO in my head now! And this recipe will haunt me until I make it! Thanks for sharing such a delicious recipe!!

Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker — February 15, 2013 @ 5:48 pm

Oooh, I had a whipped feta dip with fried zucchini at a restaurant in DC last year. SO GOOD!

Paz — February 15, 2013 @ 5:49 pm

LOOKS AMAZING. YUM. I do have to note that i had the BEST whipped feta at whole foods in Boston. It was called “olive treasure”… but now i cant seem to find it anywhere. Cant wait to make my own! DO you think you can add olives in this recipe ?

tracy {pale yellow} — February 15, 2013 @ 7:01 pm

I could smear this on E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G!!! What a fantastic treat!

Becky — February 16, 2013 @ 1:29 am

My mind is blown and spinning with all the amazing things I want to pair this with!!

Beth — February 16, 2013 @ 3:01 pm

Turned out awesome! I used subs I had on hand – no cream cheese, so ricotta and coconut milk. Tossed in some garlic, ginger and white pepper for fun. Plan to slather on beets tonight. Maybe thin a bit more, a few more spices and make a salad dressing, too! So many options! TY!

Erin — February 16, 2013 @ 4:11 pm

Making this right now! Thanks!

Tammy Fuller — February 17, 2013 @ 2:42 am

Cheese and cheese – brilliant!

1. Pingback: Stuff and Thangs to Eat During The Walking Dead Season Finale

2. Pingback: A few of my favourite things… | Love & Paris

3. Pingback: Fab Finds Tuesday ♥ » Just 5 More Minutes

4. Pingback: Pea Pesto | 124 park

5. Pingback: 15 Different, Delicious FETA Recipes | Green Vision

6. Pingback: Currently | consider it all joy

7. Pingback: Whipped Feta Strawberry Crostini - Bites of Bri

8. Pingback: Schöne Sachen | Katzen & Spatzen

9. Pingback: Summer Chickpea Salad with Honey Garlic Lime Vinaigrette | How Sweet It Is

10. Pingback: How to Make Whipped Feta | Food Stalker

11. Pingback: Whipped Feta Dip with Thyme & Garlic

12. Pingback: Parmesan Pesto Whipped Feta | Peas And Carrots

13. Pingback: Easy Dessert: Salty and Sweet Caramelized Figs - Start With Four Walls

14. Pingback: Greek Curly Fries with Whipped Feta

15. Pingback: Sausage and Hash Brown Pie | RVA Rebelle Chic

16. Pingback: Whipped feta cucumber bites | The Clean Project

17. Pingback: What I Ate Last Week #16 | Tastefully Gluten Free

18. Pingback: The Goods - Mountain Mama Cooks

19. Pingback: Homemade Chicken Pitas with Jalapeno Whipped Feta & Quick Tzatziki | The Engineered Palate

20. Pingback: Whipped Garlic Feta Dip | susanlaury