1. Even my froyo demonstrates how I manage to cover everything in sprinkles and sparkles and pink. I don’t even like those frosted animal cookies (iced are where it’s at… duh) but I see something hot pink and can’t turn away. Also: can we agree that marshmallow topping is the best ever?

2. Our fridge has decided to start freezing everything. I mean, EVERYTHING. No settings have changed or anything. I think it’s possessed. Does this mean I need to defrost the whole thing or something because I definitely don’t have the patience for that. Frozen chicken stock? Check. Frozen almond milk? Check. Actually, more like chunky almond milk. I poured some over cereal the other day and almost died.

3. I know I just talked about chocolate avocado pudding yesterday but I have to tell you about the real reason I started making chocolate avocado pudding. I… sort of… have an obsession… with those jello pudding cups. I have spent very large portions of my life eating one (okay… two) every day. I love those things. Especially the half chocolate and half vanilla? Oh man. So good.

4. I’m also involved in a severe cinnamon toast obsession at the moment. You know… buttered toast sprinkled with cinnamon sugar? My grandma always used to make it for us and well, it tastes like 1986. Delicious 1986.

5. Setting my weekly bad example: current Kate Spade sample sale! You know you want to. Someone needs to buy all of these so I don’t purchase one.

6. Flipping my lid over this chocolate fudge coconut cake. Whaaaaaa?

7. My husband recently got an iPhone and spent no less than 45 minutes trying to take a “good” picture of his watch on Saturday morning. Whatever that means. Regardless, I think he is taking my fake job a little more seriously now.

8. Being a female that indulges often in both Homeland and Sex and the City, I got a little giggle out of this “are you a carrie or a carrie” article. I’m a… Carrie?

9. Just going to put it out there: the Girls episode that aired this week was my most favorite episode in the history of the show. Ever. I’m pretty sure that if you’ve been a female in her 20s within the last 10 years, you could relate to something in there. I sort of even cried at the end… almost. And I cry at nothing. No really, I have a heart of stone.

10. I had a dream one night last week that I had this incredible kitchen with a built-in nespresso (very specific here, people) machine. Yeah yeah, espresso is not something I drink (unless I feel like being cracked out) but I was infatuated with it and legitimately wrecked when I woke up that it was not real life. I haven’t stopped thinking about it since. I’m also in love with the idea of a lovesac sactional couch. Mostly because I just love walking around and screaming SACTIONAL. Does anyone have one?? Add these to the list of ridiculous items that are so not needed in my life. PS: I’m really fun to live with…

64 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Potatoes and Pilates — February 5, 2013 @ 2:13 pm

Extra sprinkles- that is the yogurt cup of my dreams.

Also, marshmallow topping!? I haven’t seen that at my local fro-yo. Feeling a little left-out and deprived over here!

Going to check out that Carrie article now but I have a feeling I am going to be a Carrie…

Ashley — February 5, 2013 @ 2:19 pm

SACtional. omg. hahahaaa #3 chunky almond milk = gag #4 YESSSS

jamie @ green beans & grapefruit — February 5, 2013 @ 2:20 pm

Whoa that coconut cake is giving me bad thoughts….like I wanna eat every part of it.

Funny, I’ve heard you and a few people say that the last girls episode was your favorite yet. I’m not sure that I feel that way but that just may be because i think each episode should be an hour.

Happy Tuesday!

Kay — February 5, 2013 @ 2:22 pm

Happy belated froyo day! Are you celebrating NUTELLA day today?? :o)

erin z. — February 5, 2013 @ 2:24 pm

i came for the food (and booze, obviously), but stayed for the sass and posts like these. fabulous. i bought some pudding cups on a whim the other day and my husband looked at me like i was nuts.

Katherine R. @ Tar Heel Taste Bud — February 5, 2013 @ 2:24 pm

Your fro-yo cup is a serious work of art…and now basically I need fro-yo. (I agree with the iced animal cracker comment, btw). Also I think there must be a secret grandparent pact that cinnamon sugar toast is the breakfast they’ll serve their grandkids – it’s known as “Papa Toast” at my house! Such nostalgia.

Megan — February 5, 2013 @ 2:30 pm

The Kate Spade sale is Keeeeling meee!!! Ben wouldn’t notice a bright teal bag hanging around the house, right? He doesn’t notice my hair cuts, so a bag would surely go amiss. Hmmm. Instigator.

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — February 5, 2013 @ 2:31 pm

HAHAHA “We are this close to nailing Abu Nazir and his whole operation!” SO spot on.

And Girls really was great this week. The bathtub scene was so funny and sweet- I tried to retell it to my boyfriend and he just didn’t get it. Did you know that Jessa (the actress who plays her) was super pregnant at the end of last season and had a baby right before they started filming again? She is awesome.

Suburban Sweetheart — February 5, 2013 @ 2:36 pm

I teared up at this weeks “Girls,” too. That Shoshanna & Ray scene? SO well done.

FROSTED ANIMAL COOKIES ARE MY LIFE.

Elaine @ Cooking to Perfection — February 5, 2013 @ 2:37 pm

Haha I love that “Are you a Carrie or a Carrie” article! I’m obsessed with both shows, so I got a good laugh out of that. And your frozen yo looks about like mine. I can never decide what I want, so I end up getting a little of everything!

Jae — February 5, 2013 @ 2:38 pm

I have a lovesac section. We’ve had it for 5 years maybe. Generally we like it – super fun to move around. The cushions are a little less supportive after five years. We have pets and kids so the slip covers are great – just throw them in the washer/dryer. We did have a base break – customer service is NON EXISTENT!!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — February 5, 2013 @ 2:47 pm

Sprinkles and sparkles and pink are a win, no matter in what format.

And sactional. love it. I would love a big house so I can buy one! Or just have any excuse to go home decor or furntiure shopping.

Love that Mr. Sweet got an iphone and now ‘gets’ the pictures thing. My husband gets this more when I try to ask him to take a good picture of our daughter and cannot come up with 1 frame in 50 that is respectable. Then he has a little more respect for the picture-taking stuff :)

Becca — February 5, 2013 @ 2:59 pm

Thanks for the laughs, Jessica. I needed that!

Amnanda — February 5, 2013 @ 3:01 pm

Now I want froyo (as if I don’t always) and cinnamon toast. So… um… I know what I’m having for dinner.

Katie @ Oh Shine On — February 5, 2013 @ 3:03 pm

I want some froyo. Less sprinkles, extra chocolate.

Amber — February 5, 2013 @ 3:05 pm

I absolutely LOVED this week’s episode of Girls! Is it just me or is every episode this season better than the last? Jessa almost killed me at the end. So good!

Michelle — February 5, 2013 @ 3:17 pm

My fridge recently did the whole freeze everything thing. Turns out the light in the fridge was not turning off so it was projecting heat and the fridge was overcompensating for it. We took the bulb out and problem solved.

jo — February 5, 2013 @ 3:29 pm

Hi Jessica, have you ever seen Epic Meal Time? I think that you are a female version of them, and of course more polished version ;) I hope you won’t find this offensive but I find them really funny and I really love you and your blog

Jessica — February 5, 2013 @ 4:08 pm

omg… I’m a Carrie TOO!
    Brandon also just got an iPhone and it’s like a whole new level of eye-rolling in our house.

Sara Shedlosky — February 5, 2013 @ 4:20 pm

OMG! Just had about 10 items (not kidding) in my online “cart” on Kate Spade’s sale…ended up buying two things. Ok, so I justified one for my early birthday present and bought an adorable wallet for my sister’s birthday! Awesome!!

Meghan @ The Tasty Fork — February 5, 2013 @ 4:36 pm

I used to live right by a fro-yo place with a topping bar. It was a good thing I moved b/c I was going EVERY day… and it was the toppings that got me every time!

Mari — February 5, 2013 @ 4:38 pm

I am having a small amount of anxiety looking at the Kate Spade sample sale, because I can’t buy anything. Why do I live in Canada?!

Candy — February 5, 2013 @ 4:41 pm

That chocolate coconut cake is RIDICULOUS!!! You’re so good at your “fake” job because Tuesdays Things is my favorite.

Laura — February 5, 2013 @ 5:10 pm

My hubs and I got a Sactional from LoveSac @ Ross Park Mall in Sept…totally expensive but TOTALLY worth it. setting it up the first time is a B but I am obsessed with changing it up. Every time friends come over they are like what?? a new set up?? They are jealous. You should definitely go for it and get one!

Stephanie — February 5, 2013 @ 5:15 pm

haha so i guess i just learned that i have a lovesac sactional?!?! i always called it a “rearrangeable couch” but either way i love it. bought it when i bought my house 4 years ago and it transferred perfectly to my downsized apartment. i have the couch/chair combo so you can make the couch any way you like but also turn the chair into a chaise lounge type thing and make the couch “regular” if you want too. yea they are pretty legit and you should probably get one. sorry to be the bad influence there, but just sayin!

lynn @ the actor's diet — February 5, 2013 @ 5:47 pm

yes that last episode of girls was pretty great…even my husband loved it.

Rose — February 5, 2013 @ 5:57 pm

This was by far the best episode of Girls yet. Amazing. I think one of my favourite lines was Marni: “No, nothing that great. Nothing with condiments.” And the last scene in the tub was so heart warming and hilarious.

Hannah — February 5, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

We have Love Sac everything. We have the 3 sizes of the LoveSac’s and just recently got the “SACTIONAL”!!! They are amazing we have spent the last few months taking them apart, like legos, then rearranging them in various rooms. They are comfy too. Myself and husband are huge LoveSac fans.

Katie — February 5, 2013 @ 6:11 pm

Ugggghhh, you tricked me into buying a purse. It’s okay though, I’m pretending its a doctor bag, so really, it is useful for school. So I guess thank you for helping me with my education?

Kaitlyn — February 5, 2013 @ 6:32 pm

I’ve weirdly been going through the exact same cinnamon sugar toast phase as well! What is up with that???

Christine — February 5, 2013 @ 6:36 pm

number seven! love it.

mountain girl heidi — February 5, 2013 @ 7:08 pm

Our fridge did that a while back too, and there was something wrong with the motor in it. If you don’t hear it making any noise, that might need fixed.

JanetFCTC — February 5, 2013 @ 7:18 pm

The cinnamon toast would taste like a delicious late 1960’s to me. WAHHHHH!!! *Runs off sobbing*

Emily @ Life on Food — February 5, 2013 @ 7:36 pm

I want that cake. Bad.

Holiday Baker Man — February 5, 2013 @ 8:58 pm

Cinnamon toast….awesome…..cinnamon & icing sugar on buttered toast… I’m 6 again!

Nicole — February 5, 2013 @ 9:56 pm

oh boy, you have made my night with your humor (and some humor is definitly what i needed tonight).
    I also had to refrain myself from clicking the kate spade sale link. On a bad night like this an online sale will be disastrous for my credit card.

one last thing. after hearing you talk so much about Girls, after this im going to google it and see if I can watch episodes online in Canada. Warn me now if you have just ruined that last 2 months of my post secondary career.

Andrea B — February 5, 2013 @ 10:04 pm

Now you’ve done it. I didn’t even KNOW Kate Spade had sample sales online. Just made a new bag purchase. I sort of hate you, but also….sorta love you.

Kaitlyn — February 5, 2013 @ 10:43 pm

having the same problem with my fridge too! i pulled out a bag of sliced carrots from my crisper drawn and they were frozen like a bunch of stinkin’ carrot-sicles. what gives!?!

Vicki @ WITK — February 5, 2013 @ 10:54 pm

What? You don’t like the frosted animal crackers? They’re awesome! I’m not quite sure what they’re supposed to taste like, but I like them.

Cate — February 5, 2013 @ 10:55 pm

Uuuumm… I just bought that tequila bag!

Julie — February 5, 2013 @ 11:14 pm

I’m with you on the coconut cake, but not on the marshmallow creme. It is my quest to save all possible human calories for chocolate.

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — February 6, 2013 @ 12:15 am

I was literally dying at the part in the bathtub where she admitted that she had peed in almost every bath she had ever taken! Hahaha

Sharla — February 6, 2013 @ 2:51 am

I need that cake.

Also, I’m lazy and would rather just eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. All day. Straight out of the box.

Zia — February 6, 2013 @ 6:08 am

omg, i want cinnamon toast now! also, i hate when dreams carry over into your real life- soo annoying.

Mollie @Sprinkles of Life — February 6, 2013 @ 11:16 am

Agreed! Marshmallow topping on froyo is the bomb diggity! Same with cinnamon toast. Total nostalgia right there!

Emily — February 6, 2013 @ 11:49 am

I was feeling wishy-washy about Girls after the first three episodes this season, but that last episode was so great! I loved Hannah sticking up for Marnie even though she’s actually mad at her, the scene with Shoshanna and Ray, and then the bathtub scene at the end. I was all teary and then immediately cracking up.

Barb | Creative Culinary — February 6, 2013 @ 12:21 pm

I was at a bakery the other day since I was craving a doughnut (well, once I saw the sign I was!) and a woman walked in and ordered a chocolate glazed doughnut with sprinkles. I figured she MUST be buying it for her kid. I stand corrected.

And your fridge. Ahem, time to call the repair man. I once had one that no longer regulated so I had to turn it on in the morning and off at night. That lasted about 2 days since either frozen or warm really doesn’t work long term!

Irene — February 6, 2013 @ 12:26 pm

Um so… I’ve never heard of a Kate Spade surprise sale but because of you I’m $220 poorer!! But SO worth it. SO. WORTH. IT.

Sadie — February 6, 2013 @ 12:42 pm

They always do the Kate Spade sale the day before I get paid. Boo.

Danielle — February 6, 2013 @ 12:43 pm

My fridge used to freeze everything as well. Turns out it was a poor heat seal between the freezer and the fridge (it’s a freezer over fridge setup). I turned down the setting on the freezer and that helped.