It’s Friday… know what that means?

Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites I

It’s the perfect day to put pretzels in your cookies. Trash ’em up!

I don’t know about you but I love trashy cookies. Yes yes.

Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites I

As you can see, these cookies are really just fat, mostly cooked balls of dough. They are DELICIOUS. They have chocolate and peanut butter and salty pretzels which is the best combination in the history of combinations. No, of course I did not mean for them to end up as fat little balls… but that is what happened. I took that tried and true giant rainbow cookie recipe, added peanut butter and pretzels and was rewarded with fat little balls.

Whatever. They are still so good.

Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites I

For many years as an afternoon snack, I dipped pretzels in peanut butter. Then I discovered that whole peanut-butter-spoon-covered-in-chocolate-chips, otherwise known as the downfall of my existence, and the triple combination outdid the boring peanut butter/pretzel duo every single time. Even now, I can’t just eat those Trader Joe’s peanut butter filled pretzels alone. Know why? I have to add Cadbury mini eggs* because I haven’t learned my lesson and continue to buy bags and bags and bags. Yeah. Peanut butter pretzels and milk chocolate eggs. I’m out of control.

It’s okay though. So are these little chunks of love! At least I’m not alone.

Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites I

1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups pretzel twists, crushed
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix the flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside. In another bowl, whisk the melted butter, peanut butter and sugars until they are combined.

Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and stir until mixed. Gradually add flour and mix until a dough forms – it will look crumbly at first, but it will come together. I even used my hands to help at one point. As it's coming together, fold in the crushed pretzels and chocolate chips. Use you hands and form dough into 1-inch balls; you may need to squish it together somewhat to keep the ball together. Place on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.

Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until slightly golden and set. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before eating!

Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites I

*you HAVE to do this.

101 Responses to “Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites.”

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — March 22, 2013 @ 7:06 am

I LOVED Cadbury mini eggs as a kid! At Easter, the ‘Easter Bunny’ would leave a trail of them from my bedroom door to my Easter basket at the dining room table, which was full of……. more mini eggs! And peeps of course, because I was all about the marshmallowy, sugary, fake, artificially coloured candy back then. You’ve given me a mad urge to make cookies right this minute!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — March 22, 2013 @ 7:09 am

I love their puffy status! I’ve found when working with PB that much less flour is needed than you think, compared to a non-PB based dough, or things tend to puff and not flatten for me. This is my experience at least after writing a PB cookbook and eating my weight in PB cookies last year. Lol I love the pretzel addition, too. So good!

Marie @ Little Kitchie — March 22, 2013 @ 7:15 am

Love this combination! And I love how fat these little guys are- perfect for popping into my mouth! Happy Friday!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — March 22, 2013 @ 7:21 am

i LOVE trashed up cookies Jessica!! You’re a girl after my own heart. and peanut butter + pretzels is right up there with chocolate + peanut butter. there, I said it! :)

shelly (cookies and cups) — March 22, 2013 @ 7:22 am

Peanut Butter filled pretzels and cadbury eggs. How have I never tried that?
    Also, these cookies look like I could fit 5 in my mouth at once. I’m gonna test out that theory.

Simply Life — March 22, 2013 @ 7:25 am

oh this really is the perfect combination of flavors!!!

Mandie @ Oh So Decadent — March 22, 2013 @ 7:37 am

These look beyond delicious. I’m dying just thinking about them right now. Nothing beats a peanut butter pretzel cookie. I may have just died.

Elisa @ Insalata di Sillabe — March 22, 2013 @ 7:39 am

Here in Italy we are not used to this kind of food but I’ll have to try it out some time because everybody keeps telling me how much good it is and your balls look absolutely delicious! Thanks for the inspiration!

xo, Elisa

Rhi — March 22, 2013 @ 7:43 am

Me & my co-workers have started referring to mini eggs as ‘meggs’ for short now. We’ve all got a serious problem with them, we had them for breakfast this morning with bagels, they dont even *go* with bagels…

Eddie — March 22, 2013 @ 7:51 am

These cookies may be fat but they have a great personality.

Chrissy — March 22, 2013 @ 8:06 am

Fat cookies are like fat pets. Just adorable.

Katie — March 22, 2013 @ 8:23 am

Can we talk about how we basically made the same recipe today? Salty, sweet, snacky. I think I love you so much that I’m training myself to think like you.

• Jessica — March 22nd, 2013 @ 10:33 am

now please move here.

cindy — March 22, 2013 @ 8:24 am

I definitely used to melt peanut butter and chocolate chips together for pretzel dip in my teen-days. SO GOOD. also, thick-fat cookies were my first cookie love! these sound perfect to me!

Jenna — March 22, 2013 @ 8:26 am

This is such a cute idea!! I love the flavor combos too!

cindy coniglio — March 22, 2013 @ 8:29 am

Oh Yummy Jess. Miss you girl… Hope everything is going good ;)

Karen — March 22, 2013 @ 8:35 am

Here, I thought I was the only one who covered spoonfuls of peanut butter in chocolate chips!! Now you need to try covering them in those pretzel m&ms. I feel like we are related somehow!!

Cookin Canuck — March 22, 2013 @ 8:42 am

I love that these are little bites of chocolate-y, peanut butter, pretzel goodness. That means that I get to eat 4 o 5 in one sitting, right?

Tieghan — March 22, 2013 @ 8:51 am

Trashy cookies you say? I say YES! I love how puffy these are and I of course love the peanut butter! I I am a addicted to peanut butter and chocolate! I mean I just made a Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs Blizzard!! I also love the addition of the chocolate!

• Tieghan — March 22nd, 2013 @ 8:52 am

* In that last sentence I ment to say pretzels!

Tatiana — March 22, 2013 @ 8:56 am

I was looking for a recipe this weekend… and this one wins. pretzels and pb and chocolate? yes pleaseee!

Annie @ What's Annie Making? — March 22, 2013 @ 8:59 am

Girl what have you done?!?! I’m going to go for a 10 mile run right now just so I can come back and make these and eat them all. I love me some fat little cookie balls :)

Valerie | Pursuit of Sweetness — March 22, 2013 @ 9:07 am

“No, of course I did not mean for them to end up as fat little balls… but that is what happened.” I love you & your blunt honesty! Thanks for the Friday giggle :-)

Alaina @ Fabtastic Eats — March 22, 2013 @ 9:07 am

I love this combo. I dip my tjs pb pretzels in melted chocolate, so I totally know what youre saying

Christine @ Cooking with Cakes — March 22, 2013 @ 9:43 am

Saw these on your instagram awhile back and was waiting for the post!!

Have you ever had Peanut Butter & Co’s PB? If you haven’t you must try it like, 20 seconds ago lol. They have a Bee’s Knee’s PB (PB + Honey) and White Chocolate PB that would be ahhh-mazing in this!

• Jessica — March 22nd, 2013 @ 10:32 am

omg yes, been eating their pb for years. love it!

Amanda — March 22, 2013 @ 9:47 am

Kevin loves pretzels in cookies, these would be perfect :)

Faith — March 22, 2013 @ 9:50 am

Between this and all the other food blogs that are making cookies with a ton of add-ins, my heart is crying over all the recipes I want to make! My wallet is crying too with how expensive candy and baking supplies are, too. These look amazing though and I’m going to have to try them eventually.

Maren — March 22, 2013 @ 10:24 am

Good lord these look amazing. Okay, question though. Is the two cups of pretzels two cups crushed or two cups before you crush them? This is probably common sense, but I’m a dumb blonde.

• Jessica — March 22nd, 2013 @ 10:31 am

hahaha girl you are NOT a dumb blonde… it’s 2 cups of pretzels – THEN you crush them. when it’s written in recipes and has a comma afterwards, before the comma is how it should be measured. does that make sense? if i wanted you to crush the pretzels first, i’d write it as “2 cups of crushed pretzels” as opposed to “2 cups of pretzels, crushed.”

• Maren — March 22nd, 2013 @ 10:37 am

huh! So interesting!…and probably all the more info I am going to take in on this fine friday ;) Thanks!!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — March 22, 2013 @ 10:36 am

You’re killing me! OMG stop it. I’m taking baby steps into the whole sweet/salty thing but I so want this!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — March 22, 2013 @ 10:50 am

YES, I have to do this – OMG!

lclikessnacks — March 22, 2013 @ 11:18 am

want this. thanks for being my life preserver this week. love you.

Honey What's Cooking — March 22, 2013 @ 11:20 am

Jess, this looks amazingggggggggggggg! Bookmarking this recipe.. love that it incorporates so much pb, it’s not so bad in nutrition if i overlook the butter. :-) Brilliantly done.

Sharla — March 22, 2013 @ 11:22 am

I’ve never been much of a pretzel person, but my husband goes crazy over those Take 5 candy bars and pretzels and peanut butter. I think I could get my arms around these too though!

Karly — March 22, 2013 @ 11:29 am

I love pretzels in cookie and I love fat, mostly cooked balls of dough, but most of all I love you for bringing this deliciousness to my world.

Haley @ fullnfit — March 22, 2013 @ 12:21 pm

These look ridiculously tasty.. I love the sweet & salty combo.

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — March 22, 2013 @ 1:09 pm

Fat balls of goodness?! I’m totally in!!

Molly — March 22, 2013 @ 1:15 pm

Jessica, what is it about different recipes that sometimes requires pulling them apart and stacking the dough on top of each other and sometimes leaving the dough as it is in a ball? thanks!

Marcie @ Flavor the Moments — March 22, 2013 @ 1:51 pm

Peanut butter and pretzels have always been a favorite of mine, and I agree completely with adding Cadbury mini eggs! That can only be better. Gotta do something with them besides eat them out of the bag! These cookies look delicious.

Annie @ Annie's City Kitchen — March 22, 2013 @ 3:27 pm

For real, thank you so much for saying that you didn’t mean to make them little balls. I beat myself up like crazy when a recipe doesn’t come out perfect and it’s silly! If it tastes great, it’s a success!

Erika @ The Hopeless Housewife — March 22, 2013 @ 3:33 pm

I could devour at least a dozen of these!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — March 22, 2013 @ 3:55 pm

If they’re adapted from your rainbow cookies, then I know they have to be good. I will definitely be making these!

Nutmeg nanny — March 22, 2013 @ 4:48 pm

This is a dangerous combination ;) I am loving it though, so delicious!!

Jenna @ — March 22, 2013 @ 4:50 pm

Shut the front door! I did a double take when I read the title of your post today and literally my jaw dropped open. My bestie and I eat peanut butter filled pretzels mixed with chocolate chips when we get together. This is that. In cookie form. Love, love, love! Bring on the trashy cookies!!

Paige — March 22, 2013 @ 6:26 pm

Making these, STAT!!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — March 22, 2013 @ 6:33 pm

These are a must-make! Trying soon!

Emily @ Life on Food — March 22, 2013 @ 7:37 pm

Fridays are all about red wine. I wouldn’t mind making adding these cookies to my routine though.

gracekelle at leangirlsclub — March 22, 2013 @ 10:28 pm

can you imagine adding nutella into all of that peanut butter, pretzel, cadbury egg goodness? yum!

FashionEdible — March 22, 2013 @ 11:12 pm

Great combination of salty and sweet! As a kid, we used to eat pretzels with ice-cream. And sometimes bread with ice-cream. We were weird.

These cookies remind me of that time.
    FashionEdible Blog

Heidi — March 22, 2013 @ 11:26 pm

Have you never had the chocolate covered peanut butter filled pretzels from Trader Joes?? I drive 30 minutes JUST for those..

Lindsay — March 22, 2013 @ 11:29 pm

These look amazing!! Now i want some…

Kiran @ — March 23, 2013 @ 12:22 am

I want this in my life. Love the sweet and salty combo here!!

Allison — March 23, 2013 @ 1:24 am

I made these tonight and they are SOOOO good. I browned my butter though and used white chocolate chips, as one of the man folk that will be eating them is allergic to real chocolate…what a tragedy.

1. Pingback: At The {Heart} Of It » at the {heart} of it

2. Pingback: Your Questions About Chocolate Frosting | Chocolate Lovers - Everything Chocolate

3. Pingback: Pecan Pretzel Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

4. Pingback: Learning to Let Go | Semi-Sweet Eats

5. Pingback: WIAW: Restaurant Quality | Semi-Sweet Eats

6. Pingback: Monday Things… | NEWTRITION

7. Pingback: PB Peanut Butter Cookies, Fermentation, and Garlic | Hillcrest Farmers Market

8. Pingback: No Bake PB Pretzel Granola Bars » HaveForkWillPaint

9. Pingback: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pretzel Bites | The Highlands Life

10. Pingback: Strange ways here we come… » Blog Archive » Thoughts on Recipes: Maternity Leave Edition

11. Pingback: 27 Cookies to Bake for the Holiday Season | How Sweet It Is

12. Pingback: peanut butter pretzel chocolate chip cookie bites | miki's kitchen

13. Pingback: Akram's Ideas

14. Pingback: Recipe 9: Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites | 99 Recipes and Counting

15. Pingback: 48 Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies You Have to See to Believe | Funri

16. Pingback: Try Some New Peanut Butter Recipes for Peanut Butter Lovers Month