1. Over the weekend I bought some girl scout cookies for the first time in maybe five years? It’s been forever since I had them. And all I could think of was… “do they seriously still not accept credit cards?!” Internet generation problems.

2. Speaking of internet generation problems, two weeks ago I sat in a drive-thru line at Rite Aid for over 20 minutes just to pick up a prescription. Because I was too lazy to park, get out of the car and walk inside. I probably could have saved 15 minutes+ had I sucked it up and done the latter. Embarrassing, but I can’t not tell you everything.

3. These irish cream hot fudge cupcakes are one of the most incredible things I’ve ever seen.

4. Over the years I’ve expressed my sadness over celebrity breakups, because I mean aren’t they supposed to last forever?! And I saw those pictures of them on that magazine while waiting in line at the grocery store and… and… they just looked so happy. I mean, why couldn’t you just make it work Michelle Williams and Jason Segel? I had such high hopes. Oh oh but now that Rachel McAdams is single again let’s start the Ryan Gosling petition. We all know they belong together.

5. May get a lot of hate for this but I… don’t… like… Downton… Abbey. Not at all. Can’t do it. Can’t get into it. Not a fan. Not my cup of tea. (ha.)

6. In other TV news, my husband is OBSESSED with this show called Bar Rescue. No really – obsessed. Like he is DVRing it and watching reruns. And he tells me that Nashville is trash? What the what? I’ve never seen anything so gross and cheesy.

7. Oh and Girls? I don’t know. I understand why they had to take Hannah in that direction but so suddenly? Confusion city. And isn’t she 24? Sometimes I feel like her behavior is believable for 20-21 years old, but 24? Whaaaat. I also am dealing with the odd realization that Adam is my favorite character. Like ever. More Adam please. So weird.

8. This coconut kahlua skillet cake? It’s being made.

9. Um, over the weekend I discovered candy crush? What a freaking ripoff. What a freaking, addictive ripoff. It’s been a good 1.5 years since I’ve been sucked into an iPhone game and well, I am not a happy camper. You know you have an issue when you actually consider buying an extra set of lives for $16.99.

10. Okay. Grocery store lessons. Waiting in the self-checkout line for 10 minutes behind a… “not technology literate”… person with a cart stuffed to the brim should be rewarded by life. Especially after that cart has been emptied and they whip out a giant stack of coupons, in which every other coupon reads ERROR! and requires help on a busy Sunday afternoon. You should probably not move to the self-checkout line next to you, because that person most likely also has their own giant stack of coupons, and then you’re stuck for another 10 minutes while you watch three or four people breeze through the line you were originally in. I think the lesson is if you need to learn patience, go to the grocery store on a Sunday afternoon and stand in the self-checkout line.

11. I am 30 years old and at least once a week, talk in quotes from Mean Girls. I guess things could be worse? Probably not.

106 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Tieghan — March 5, 2013 @ 1:01 pm

Oh, I Loved those cupcakes! They are so freaking cute! I mean geez, she knows how to make one hell of a cupcake!

Erin — March 5, 2013 @ 1:03 pm

Ugh can’t tear myself away from a Bar Rescue marathon when it sneaks onto my tv on a Sunday… I hate that I love it.

Haley @ fullnfit — March 5, 2013 @ 1:05 pm

I am all for Rachel and Ryan.. they were adorable. Sometimes I secretly wish Britney and Justin were back together.

Deanna — March 5, 2013 @ 1:06 pm

Don’t like Downton Abbey either! They all sound like Mrs. Doubtfire to me.

Holiday Baker Man — March 5, 2013 @ 1:06 pm

The coconut cake looks awesome!

Erinn Shaw — March 5, 2013 @ 1:09 pm

Haaa! That is all I can say. I SO look forward to your Tuesday Things!

And totally understand your grocery store check-out line dilemma! Every single time!!

Kristina — March 5, 2013 @ 1:09 pm

Bar Rescue is one of those shows I watch for far too long before I realize it – you know, like an infomercial. Suddenly you just say, “what the WHAT? how long have I been sitting here!?

Amber — March 5, 2013 @ 1:11 pm

How does that list not include my most quoted line (and I’m 35, shhhhh!) “Stop trying to make Fetch happen1″???

• Jessica — March 5th, 2013 @ 8:23 pm

i know!

Sarah — March 5, 2013 @ 1:15 pm

I LOVE Adam! His character yanks at my rescuer complex, but also has these amazingly wise moments of clarity

Kate — March 5, 2013 @ 1:15 pm

Thank God I’m not the only (almost) 30 year old who speaks in Mean Girls quotes!!! I thought I was the only one… :) “Is butter a carb?” “Yesss.”

Amanda — March 5, 2013 @ 1:23 pm

I believe self-checkouts are not meant for people with carts full of items. Nor are they meant for extreme couponers, the technologically illiterate or anyone buying booze (that process always seems to take longer in self-checkout lines). They are for us impatient folk who don’t want to be in regular lines behind those people. I also feel like everyone else should know this, and it makes me mad when they ignore my unspoken rules of self-checkout.

Oh, oh, and Mean Girls–my boyfriend has never seen it, so I’m making him watch it this week so he can finally get my references!

• Ali (Bubbly Meadow) — March 5th, 2013 @ 1:31 pm

You could not be more right about the self-checkout rules. But really, aren’t they just common sense? How can it be faster to check out a huge cart of groceries by yourself then doing so with help?

• Rebecca — March 5th, 2013 @ 4:44 pm

Exactly! Also if you have mostly fresh produce and you don’t know any of the PLU numbers.

At my grocery store, though, there’s just a general line, and then whoever is next in line moves to the first available register. Each register doesn’t have its own line (thank goodness!).

• Jessica — March 5th, 2013 @ 8:22 pm

THIS.

Susan from GA — March 5, 2013 @ 1:25 pm

Have you watched “The Following” on Monday nights w/Kevin Bacon.

OMGOMGOMG….awesome show/awesome acting….nail biter!

Emily — March 5, 2013 @ 1:27 pm

They actually do accept credit cards! Some anyway. My brother and I were roped into buying some after mentioning we didn’t have any cash. The Girl Scouts were right on top of that problem, responding that they accept credit cards!

• Jessica — March 5th, 2013 @ 8:22 pm

oh interesting! i wondered if they accepted them if you ordered before? i just got mine at a little stand at our grocery store.

Megan — March 5, 2013 @ 1:29 pm

I love GIRLS!! I’m torn on how I feel about Adam. Anytime it’s an Adam episode, I want to not like him (remembering the weirdness in their relationship) but then I see something endearing about him and I change my opinion. Ugh!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — March 5, 2013 @ 1:32 pm

Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling NEED to get back together!

And I agree with you on Girls-I was like “Uh, out of nowhere, Hannah has severe OCD?” And Adam is def. my like fave character right now and that makes me from last year look at me now and say “It’s like…i don’t even know you”

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — March 5, 2013 @ 1:33 pm

100% in agreement about Adam. I recently read a Huffington Post article by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (lol wut?) that pointed out that all of Lena Dunham’s guy characters are SO much better/more complicated/less annoying/etc than their female counterparts.

And Candy Crush has consumed my life.

Laura — March 5, 2013 @ 1:34 pm

Okay, I’m ashamed to say it, but my boyfriend convinced me to watch Bar Rescue with him this weekend and I got totally sucked into it. I’m such a sucker for trash TV, ugh!

Ashley — March 5, 2013 @ 1:40 pm

#7 – YES. More Adam!!! He was so adorable on that date! #10 – I was at WF this Sunday and almost had a panic attack making my way through the aisles. Stop-go-stop-go-ahhh! The bulk bins were a joke! Working on that patience thing…

Holly — March 5, 2013 @ 1:42 pm

Rachel and Ryan do belong together!
    And OMG, those cupcakes. And that cake.
    And Candy Crush for the win :)

Terri A. — March 5, 2013 @ 1:43 pm

I bought Girl Scout cookies the other day, too , for the first time in a few years. I think those girls need to have a math badge to earn, because the one who waited on me couldn’t subtract 16 from 21

• Jessica — March 5th, 2013 @ 8:21 pm

i can’t believe you said this because i handed them a $20 and they fought for a good 1-2 minutes over how much change to give me when my total was $12. i didn’t think i should judge since i’m terrible at math but seriously? these girls were definitely like 3rd-4th grade.

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — March 5, 2013 @ 1:49 pm

Don’t the cookies seem much smaller than they used to be?

• Jessica — March 5th, 2013 @ 8:20 pm

YES. thought it was because i was bigger. like, older. haha.

Jackie W — March 5, 2013 @ 1:52 pm

I love all of these things. ESPECIALLY the Adam sentiment, and the observation about Hannah. Pretty sure I have a crush on that coconut kahlua skillet cake.

Larie — March 5, 2013 @ 1:57 pm

Ugh, Candy Crush! I know! Terrible, terrible game.

Amanda — March 5, 2013 @ 1:58 pm

I’m with your husband on the Bar Rescue, but then again I spend my free time writing reviews of bars and nightclubs and have for the last idk how many years.

I’m also planning on making those cupcakes for a friend’s birthday coming up St. Patrick’s day weekend. It was either those cupcakes or the double chocolate stout cake she posted today but then I’d have to find kosher (vegetarian friendly) gelatin and that seems like more of a pain in the ass to me.

And I’m 32 with a best friend that’s 33 and we both quote Mean Girls on the regular. You are not alone.

I also regularly want to knife someone when they mention anything about that damn Downton Abbey show. I refuse to watch on principle bc I’m tired of hearing people chatter about it.

I’m less in love with Girls this season, the last couple episodes have really had me thinking, “is this an episode of Girls or is this Portlandia’s version of Girls? WTF is going on?”

Paige — March 5, 2013 @ 2:08 pm

Love this Tuesday’s things! I totally can relate to Candy Crush obsession. If I have to start paying for more levels, I might have to join a support group. Also, Adam is by far one of the best TV characters (ever? Perhaps so!). I wanted to dislike him so much but as Season 1 went on, I just couldn’t help but love him. Haven’t seen any of Season 2 yet, but I definitely can’t wait to see how his character progresses. And lastly, I’ve been told I’d love Downton Abbey and just can’t bring myself to watch. I have a feeling I won’t be as big a fan as everyone tells me I will.

Jessica — March 5, 2013 @ 2:19 pm

Candy Crush is ruining my life. Why do you only get 5 lives!?!?!?!? SERIOUSLY! Its cruel.

• Jessica — March 5th, 2013 @ 8:19 pm

I KNOW.

jessica — March 5, 2013 @ 2:33 pm

I’m so sad that you don’t like Downton Abbey. I like when my friends like ALL THE EXACT SAME THINGS! :)
    But it’s cool. We’ll always have 99% of the things. You go, Glenn Coco.

• Jessica — March 5th, 2013 @ 8:19 pm

yeah, it’s that and the lip butters/color whispers we can’t agree on. :)

Tiffany — March 5, 2013 @ 2:49 pm

Jessica – Bought the same cookies and am regretting it, I can’t seem to stay out of them. I don’t like Downtown Abbey either, you are not alone. And Hannah? I was a little deflated by the past two episodes. CANDY CRUSH!!! Wait until you get to the point you can’t move on unless you buy passage on that little train. You have to delete it, say the serenity prayer and move on.

Laura — March 5, 2013 @ 2:53 pm

Candy Crush…terribly addicted and yes I have an argument with myself about why it’s a complete waste of money to buy extra lives but I MUST keep playing. And to elaborate on Tiffany’s claim that you have to delete the app once you hit the train….I’m totally guilty of paying to play on. It’s only 99 cents!!

heather — March 5, 2013 @ 3:10 pm

Finally someone else who does not like Downton Abbey. I started watching it because everyone keeps saying how good it is but I cannot for the life of me get in to it. More happens in 2 minutes of real housewives (<—yes I realize I have low standards and should be embarrassed) than 2 hours of downton abbey.

• Jessica — March 5th, 2013 @ 8:19 pm

my standards are perhaps even lower and more embarrassing.

Coco — March 5, 2013 @ 3:23 pm

My boyfriend and I looove Bar Rescue–but mostly because a bar our friend Keith USED to own was on it….he has since sold it and left the business (thank goodness). Ask your husband if he has seen the J.A. Murphy’s/Murphy’s Law Baltimore episode from last season.

Oh, and I TOTALLY agree about Downton Abbey…it’s so…meh. bleh. zzzzz….

Samantha — March 5, 2013 @ 3:36 pm

I’m totally on the band wagon of “don’t-like-downton Abbey”. So there’s just many other better tv shows on than that. I simply don’t get the fascination. Oh and I read that the sequal to Boy Meets World has found the actor and actress who will play Cory and Topanga’s son and daughter on the spin off. I was soooooooo excited!!!!

• Jessica — March 5th, 2013 @ 8:18 pm

i saw! love!

Jill — March 5, 2013 @ 3:50 pm

The thing with Candy Crush is that you realize how much you can actually get done in 26 minutes and 14 seconds while you wait for another life. AND, if you happen to actually lose track of time (it happened, like, once) and build up 2 or 3 lives, then it’s like freaking Christmas!

• Jessica — March 5th, 2013 @ 8:18 pm

this is so true.

Chelsea — March 5, 2013 @ 4:02 pm

I was really starting to feel bad about myself not having an desire to watch Downtown Abby. Thanks for letting me know I’m not the only one! I’m sticking to Gossip Girl, ok? :) Oh yeah, and the Girl Scout cookies? ICANTGETENOUGH. Which sucks because I just found out the troops only get .60cents a box. WHAT A RIP OFF. But a delicious one.

Alissa — March 5, 2013 @ 4:03 pm

Love your Tuesday things! I held strong this weekend and turned down Girl Scout cookies 3 times!! I am not a fan of downtown abbey either, we should all join together so we can fight off the lovers of that show. Give me Doctor Who any day.

Maren — March 5, 2013 @ 4:08 pm

My husband once watched an entire marathon of Bar Rescue. Like all day. Didn’t even get out of bed.

• Jessica — March 5th, 2013 @ 8:18 pm

that is amazing.

Ashley — March 5, 2013 @ 4:10 pm

I don’t like Downton Abby either, don’t feel bad. After years of Teen Mom, Real Housewives and Dr. Drew i just don’t think I’m mature enough for it

• Jessica — March 5th, 2013 @ 8:17 pm

truth.

Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch — March 5, 2013 @ 4:11 pm

I always love your Tuesday things!!! So many great ideas for me to now become obsessed with! (like I need more!) xoxo

Cookin' Canuck — March 5, 2013 @ 4:14 pm

I completely agree on the credit/debit card issue with girl scout cookies. Then again, maybe it’s a good thing because I would buy 20 extra boxes if I didn’t have to rely on cash/check.

• Jessica — March 5th, 2013 @ 8:17 pm

i also thought the same.

Jenn — March 5, 2013 @ 4:16 pm

Okay so not to be all peer pressure-y but how far into Downton did you get? Because it took me a while to get on board – it’s hard to follow since the timeline skips so far ahead sometimes and it feels like there are a gazillion characters. But if you want to give it a shot, it really does pick up! And the characters stay the same for the most part so you get to know them, and also the timeline becomes easier to follow with certain milestones bulit into the plot…

Also, the Dowager Countess (Maggie Smith) is flawless. Her one-liners are way ahead of their time.

Rose — March 5, 2013 @ 4:36 pm

As someone who lost touch with a lottt of girlfriends around age 22-24, I can see how many girls that age behave like.. 16 year olds(in the worst way). But the last 2 episodes have been a bit of a… stretch, in my opinion.
    Also downton abbey is mad boring.. I am loving the Mindy Project. Do they show it in the States? It’s a show by/starring Mindy Kaling, Kelly from The Office.. it’s so damn funny. Lots of Office cameos too (Ryan, Andy, Erin) and actually Marni fron Girls was a guest too!

• Jessica — March 5th, 2013 @ 8:16 pm

yes we do have it! love her.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — March 5, 2013 @ 4:43 pm

Ive never seen Downtown Abby so have no idea. But have seen Bev’s Cake and Heather’s cupcakes and both…need to be made!

Lindsay @ The Live-In Kitchen — March 5, 2013 @ 5:07 pm

I hate to say I’ve watched all of Downton Abbey even though it wasn’t my cup of tea either. You’re not missing much. On the bright side, if you do watch it, they move at lightning speed. I think the three seasons cover something like ten years, so at least you’re not thinking how ridiculous it is that all this crazy stuff happens in a few months.

Adam is pretty great on Girls but I think my favorite might be Ray! The scene where he’s trying to get Marnie to follow her dreams is so well written and funny without being unrealistic. He’s just so real and raw.

June g. — March 5, 2013 @ 5:16 pm

I’m not on the downton abbey bandwagon either….I don’t get all of the hub bub. I watch Nashville but stupid ABC keeps moving things around, I never know when it’s on!

dervla @ The Curator — March 5, 2013 @ 5:19 pm

ok ok i guess i can deal with the fact that you don’t like Downton….i’m mad that so many people like it now cause i liked it way before it was cool :)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — March 5, 2013 @ 7:07 pm

As long as you are female, it is always appropriate to speak in Mean GIrls quotes. In fact, the female part might even be optional.

Brianne — March 5, 2013 @ 7:32 pm

Stupid Candy Crush! My husband made me play on his iphone and now I’ve downloaded it on my phone and tablet. Argh, I hit a point where you have to pay or hit up your facebook friends and I actually connected my facebook. I’m such a cheapskate.

Lauren — March 5, 2013 @ 7:36 pm

Have you tried playing scramble? I’ve not hit Candy Crush…but that one…love it.

• Jessica — March 5th, 2013 @ 8:15 pm

i haven’t… don’t tempt me.

Brittney — March 5, 2013 @ 7:44 pm

So I know other people are backing you up with the Downton confusion, but I just wanted to fully support you on this (clearly, very important) issue. I watched and I watched and I watched, and I eventually figured out that it’s just a truly awful soap opera but they have British accents and live in a castle, so WE CANT TELL that it is stupid.

• Jessica — March 5th, 2013 @ 8:15 pm

ahahahahah.

Yammie @ Yammie's Noshery — March 5, 2013 @ 8:55 pm

I agree about Downton Abbey. I could only sit through one episode. What is all the fuss about???

1. Pingback: he’s warming up… | TheFaceBaby