1. Yes, the above photo is quite redundant when it comes to, well… my entire life (especially instagram), but I find it imperative to tell you that if you are not eating goat cheese (ideally humboldt fog, yeah whatever I still can’t get over it) on top of your avocado toast, you have yet to really live.

2. I think we’ve come to the point where I’m unsubscribed to more people on Facebook than I’m subscribed to.

3. Last Tuesday I was so excited about the Justin Timberlake CD… until I was on iTunes and saw that in May a new Rod Stewart album is coming out. How old am I? Also, I like the JT album but am a bit… underwhelmed? I don’t know. My expectations are always too high. However – new Blake Shelton album came out today and I FREAKING LOVE IT. I think I’ve listened to it three or four times already today?

4. The photos of this triple chocolate quick bread are blowing my mind. Gah! It has a chocolate oat crumble. I die.

5. I forgot to mention last week that after we saw Oz? My husband I both developed a little Michelle Williams obsession. I mean, I guess I’ve always had one, especially since the Heath Ledger days – even though I initially loathed her in Dawson’s. Didn’t everyone? The bad girl you loved to hate. Anyway – she looked so gorgeous in Oz. Like… so gorgeous.

6. The above proves that I really have no life. It actually concerns me sometimes.

7. Since Girls is over and I’m sort of in a TV slump (aside from Walking Dead), let’s get excited that Mr. Feeny is going to reprise his role in the new Boy Meets World spinoff! AND I think there is a new Nashville this week? Is anyone else waiting with baited breath for Reyna and Deacon TO JUST GET THE HECK TOGETHER ALREADY? And don’t even think about breaking them up.

8. And just because they never get old (at least not for me since I’m a child) – 30 more auto-corrects. Yeah, it has suggestive language but what autocorrects don’t? Some repeats, some new. The best part is that supposedly the iPhone learns *your* language? Which is interesting because it thinks I say “duck” a good bit which I’m not even sure I’ve ever typed out in my life. Speaking of, I did have my own autocorrect moment that I found pretty hilarious a few weeks ago when I tried to text Bev “omg amazing” which somehow turned into “omega maxing.” Like, her nutella bites were omega maxing. We laughed for days! Hilarious, right? Funny? No? No… ? Sigh.

9. It’s favorites week! Since this upcoming weekend/last few days of the month is a holiday for some, when would you like to see the favorites? I’m thinking Friday. Also, this means it’s the end of March. Already. Oh my gosh. I’m done with life.

10. I’m pretty boring today because all I’ve done the last week is work and we got about six inches of snow and I’m totally stir crazy and stuck in my own brain and… and… I’m going to go eat some carbs. Solves everything.

65 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Laura F. — March 26, 2013 @ 12:59 pm

One time I texted my cousin “Congrats on closing!!” as they had just closed on their new house, and she replied, “Really? Crazy. I need to turn on the news.” It had autocorrected to “Congress is closing!!”. As if I’m that into politics that I would need to excitedly announce that to her. :) I laughed so hard I cried.

JulieD — March 26, 2013 @ 12:59 pm

I can’t imagine snow right now!! I’m going to NY tomorrow and am so scared of the cold. I love Michelle Williams!

And NEED to try goat cheese and avocados, thanks for the tip. Hope the rest of your week is awesome!

Tracy — March 26, 2013 @ 1:01 pm

Just listened to the new JT cd on the way to work and totally agree…I wasn’t really impressed either. I thought it was me because everyone is raving about it. I’ll have to try Blake Shelton, love him.

bridget {bake at 350} — March 26, 2013 @ 1:01 pm

OMEGA MAXING!!! ;) New phrase that will take over the world!!!

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — March 26, 2013 @ 1:02 pm

So, my best friend works at a private school in Brooklyn and said that she met Heath Ledger & Michelle Williams’ daughter because she might enroll in the school. WHAT.

I’m pretty sure I’ve texted something like omega maxing before. Oh iPhone…so smart, yet so so stupid.

Kay — March 26, 2013 @ 1:12 pm

I thought Michelle Williams was gorgeous in Oz as well! Especially her skin, I was mesmerized, haha.

Brittany — March 26, 2013 @ 1:12 pm

7. What am I going to do with my life now that Girls is over? Ugh… my Sundays are going to be far more boring (and less sexually awkward) now.

Hope you are doing well lady!

Chrysa — March 26, 2013 @ 1:15 pm

If your phone is supposed to learn your language, I am not sure why mine thinks I would ever use the word “ducking.” Clearly, that’s not a word I’ve ever sent in a text.

Bev @ Bev Cooks — March 26, 2013 @ 1:21 pm

OMEGA MAAAAXING!

Is it bad that I’ve been saying it constantly to Aaron when anything is amazing?

“Dude, this show is omega maxing.”

“What do you think of this skirt, omega maxing?”

“Omg you have to taste this, omega maxing.”

I’m pretty sure he wants to omega max his fist in my face.

this was a long comment. sorry.

• Eddie — March 26th, 2013 @ 2:37 pm

“Socks buns! OMEGA MAXING!”

• Jessica — March 26th, 2013 @ 2:58 pm

bev, pretty sure he wants to leave me for you. hope aaron doesn’t care.

Sues — March 26, 2013 @ 1:22 pm

I sometimes think I’m going to for real die laughing when I read autocorrects. They legit make me laugh harder than pretty much anything else and I cannot explain it. Going to read now, so I can give my otherwise silent office the pleasure of seeing me die of laughter. So awkward.

Then I’ll go listen to the new Blake Shelton.

Annd thank you for making my afternoon!

Jessica — March 26, 2013 @ 1:31 pm

I cannot wait, and I mean really cannot wait, for the new Girl Meets World. I know this may make me a freak, but I watch Boy Meets World reruns almost daily…and if I can’t, I DVR them. Obviously I loooove the show. I’m hoping all cast members return to the new series!

katie T — March 26, 2013 @ 1:32 pm

seriously looooove the auto corrects. I laugh till I cry every time.

Kacy — March 26, 2013 @ 1:35 pm

I’m sad to hear that about the JT album. I haven’t bought it, but was looking forward to some solid radio jams for the next month or so before I get sick of them.

Katriel — March 26, 2013 @ 1:40 pm

My husband the other day had a slice of toast and an avocado SEPARATELY. He has much to learn.
    And PLEASE let there be a new Nashville! It’s been my weekly girls’ night with my SIL so we have hung out not at all the past month. No more reruns please!
    Also, I had a similar realization with my facebook the other day, so I deleted almost half of my friends list. It was pretty refreshing.

Marie @ Little Kitchie — March 26, 2013 @ 1:42 pm

Mr. Feeny!!! YES!

Lauren — March 26, 2013 @ 1:46 pm

i can’t freaking wait for Nashville this week, it seems like every time it starts to get REALLY good they take a three week break. I’m with you I want Reyna and Deacon to be together already, but the thought of them eventually breaking them up is TOO MUCH for me to handle.

Emily — March 26, 2013 @ 1:58 pm

I want to see favorites asap! I’m planning on some shopping soon :) and I love to see what other people think of things before I take the plunge and make certain purchases. Thanks for sharing yours

Sharla — March 26, 2013 @ 1:59 pm

WHEN is this Boy Meets World thing going to start!? I can’t wait!!!!

Ashley — March 26, 2013 @ 2:05 pm

The END of March?? How is that possible???? Goat cheese on avo toast is amazing…now try adding strawberries and broil it for a minute or two…mmmhm. Omega maxing…hilarious. If you come over I’ll make you your very own loaf of chocolate bread!

Lora — March 26, 2013 @ 2:08 pm

Your ‘Things’ posts always give me a laugh. And number 8 was the best. Years ago when my son was a freshman in college, I texted him saying his grandmother and I were on our way to oil him up. Apparently autocorrect changes ‘pic’ to ‘oil’. Not something I wanted to say to my son!

Lauren — March 26, 2013 @ 2:10 pm

OMG Mr. Feeny decided to do the show, too?! I die. I’m so excited. I’m 23….

Kristen P — March 26, 2013 @ 2:21 pm

Have you seen Game of Thrones?! I didn’t think I’d be into it, but it’s amazing!

• Jessica — March 26th, 2013 @ 2:59 pm

ugh I’ve tried to get into it for years and just can’t! which is so sad since i live for everything HBO.

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — March 26, 2013 @ 2:29 pm

Auto-correct is definitely mind-bogglingly awesome. Not when it’s on my text ;)

Amy @ Croquet & Cocktails — March 26, 2013 @ 2:33 pm

My BFF has avocado trees in her yard in CA and gets to have avocado on bagels every. Single. Morning. Why did I move to Virginia?? I’ll suggest that she add goat cheese. I’m going to try it on my toast with inferior store-bought avocados.

Samantha — March 26, 2013 @ 2:38 pm

Nashville!! I’ve been missing it. I have been rooting for the divorce since the beginning. Team Deacon!

Samantha — March 26, 2013 @ 2:40 pm

Also, I think facebook is onto my game- I’ve been unsubscribing from so many people it stopped granting my request and these people are still on my newsfeed. Hello “unfriend”. Problem solved.

Samantha — March 26, 2013 @ 2:50 pm

I’m just as excited as you are about the new Rod Stewart album coming out! I’ll be going to see a Rod Stewart tribute act in the middle of next month. And I’m only 24!

Brenna — March 26, 2013 @ 3:03 pm

Don’t lie to yourself…JT’s new album sucks. I’m still in mourning, but I’m getting over it by listening to N’Sync.

Alyssa — March 26, 2013 @ 3:09 pm

If you love Michelle Williams you need to watch ‘My Week with Marliyn’, Michelle Williams plays Marilyn Monroe. So good!

Eliza — March 26, 2013 @ 3:14 pm

I read online that Rayna and Deacon were possibly together in real life!! Talk about omega maxing!!!

Kristina — March 26, 2013 @ 3:49 pm

oh my WORD I am cry-laughing at the auto corrects, and I’m only on the second one!!

Lisa — March 26, 2013 @ 4:26 pm

Goat cheese and avocado are amazing. I commend you for putting them together and now I’m going to copy that. :)

Sara — March 26, 2013 @ 4:51 pm

I deleted facebook months ago. Best thing i’ve ever done. I don’t miss it at all! The only downfall is when people talk about it, I tend to get more annoyed now.

This cookbook suspense is killing me. Since I’m so cool and have such a crazy important life, I’ve taken to guessing which recipes will be in it. Bottom line is I win either way.

I know these are super old but two of my favorite series will forever be “Big Love” and “Six feet under” Also new Dexter in June!

• Jessica — March 26th, 2013 @ 4:55 pm

big love is definitely in my top 5 all-time fave series! love it so much. still get depressed it’s not on. and the cookbook will be all new recipes. 150 new ones. :)

Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche — March 26, 2013 @ 5:09 pm

I neeeed to try avocado and goat’s cheese on toast, it looks so good!

I too was very underwhelmed by JT’s album :( I think Mirrors is the only good one on it. And they’re all so loooooong!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — March 26, 2013 @ 5:20 pm

6 inches of snow?! I can’t even imagine that kind of weather anymore. Grew up in it, but cannot handle it! Stay warm and enjoy those carbs right along with your new music that just came out!

Mo — March 26, 2013 @ 5:37 pm

Totally agree on the JT album….and I was looking sooooo forward to it.

Lauren — March 26, 2013 @ 6:26 pm

It took me a while to get into Game of Thrones, but now I seriously love it. Maybe it’s like your coffee thing? You know…give it another chance?
    I tried watching Veep the other day. Meh. I may give it another shot. It had a few good moments.

Tieghan — March 26, 2013 @ 6:46 pm

The OMEGA MAXING thing is too funny! And I am so excited about this whole boy meet world spin off! That used to be the my brothers and i favorite show! Watched it every weekday after school!

lauren — March 26, 2013 @ 7:01 pm

I add some sun-dried tomatoes to my avocado, goat cheese toast and it is the best part of my day

Sarah — March 26, 2013 @ 7:23 pm

Totally have had an omega auto correct experience! Meant to text my sister “okey dokey” (which, I know, who says that?), but it was auto corrected to “omega donkey”!

Jess — March 26, 2013 @ 8:56 pm

As far as the auto corrects go: I was typing something I do all the time (either “yessss,” “omgg,” or “okay”) and it turned it into “gassy.” I’m glad I caught that one before it sent…

dana828 — March 26, 2013 @ 9:28 pm

Best recent autocorrect moment–was emailing my daughter’s band teacher, and it autocorrected his last name (Wipperling) to “wimp peeing”. Laughed so hard I damn near peed! ;)

Michelle — March 27, 2013 @ 1:45 am

150 new recipes?!!! Is this real life?!!!!

joyce — March 27, 2013 @ 2:24 am

Thank you so much for the autocorrects. They made my whole day. My face hurts and I think I frightened my roommate.

Elle — March 27, 2013 @ 6:01 am

My mum once texted me to tell me how much she loved a dog called Pudsey on a talent show – however, her iPhone had a mind of its own and consequently sent me a text saying ‘I love pussy’. From my mother!!
    Safe to say, I still laugh to this day.
    TV wise – I’m totally addicted to Scandal. I’m going to put this one out there and say it’s my favourite TV show. Like, ever. I also want to be Olivia Pope when I grow up (twenty-somethings still have growing up to do, right?!) – she’s a total rockstar. You’ll love her.

Ashley — March 27, 2013 @ 8:17 am

If Nashville doesn’t come back on tonight I may throw an actual temper tantrum… I CAN’T WAIT!!! In the meantime I will keep eating the pretzel chocolate chip cookies that are totally derailing my diet.

Alissa — March 27, 2013 @ 8:31 am

My husband just got me hooked on Archer, we Netflix, now thinking about Parks & Recreation for our next show. I was so looking forward to JT’s new album, but everyone seems to be on the same page that it’s okay.

Rachel @ The Pescetarian and the Pig — March 27, 2013 @ 9:07 am

Michelle Williams Confession: When she was on Dawson’s Creek, I hhhaaaaatttteeeddddd her! I couldn’t understand her appeal at all, and as ashamed as I am to admit it, I remember being happy that she *SPOILER* died in the final episode… Well, not being HAPPY, but totally being like “Ugh, who caaaares”. Ever since she wore that yellow gown at the 2006 Oscars I’ve been like “How did I ever think this woman was unattractive? She is SO beautiful!” and I’ve admittedly had a lady-crush on her ever since. A few months ago I watched all of Dawson’s Creek again on Netflix and I feel like she was a different person. She seems so elegant and classy to me now, and of course as Jen she’s kinda frumpy rebellious and has a very odd way of walking… Plus, I did notice that any time her hair started looking halfway decent, she’d show up in the next episode with her hair cut into a worse style than before. But she really is stunning. She’s great in My Week with Marilyn, too.

PS- Walking Dead is my favorite show of all time!

Jordana — March 27, 2013 @ 9:15 am

Rod Stewart > Justin Timberlake

Omega maxing hahah … gotta love iPhones!

Tara — March 27, 2013 @ 9:21 am

Wawa Skittletits, haa love it!
    That chocolate cake looks amazing!