1. The foods that I have consumed in the last 55 hours are… utterly ridiculous. I think I was playing the part of a 17-year old boy.

2. One of those things was that donut above, and do you know just HOW obsessed I am with sprinkles? I asked for the donut with white frosting and sprinkles, but the girl must have only heard the “white frosting” part and reached for a sprinkle-less donut. I basically lost my mind. I’m like oh no no no no no!! the sprinkled one! I SAID THE SPRINKLED ONE!! Because they are so important.

3. If you follow me on instagram then you probably have noticed that I would prefer to carry on all online conversations with emojis.

4. More snack talk: has anyone else noticed that it seems like the Snappea Crisp bag is now smaller? It’s probably a good thing since it’s impossible to eat less than the entire bag in one sitting but um…. no.

5. I adore this post – if you could have one day, what would you do? Mine would probably include sprinkles. Am I annoyingly predictable?

6. Uh, Nashville? Can we talk about it now? I loved it but was slightly annoyed with the ending as I felt it was somewhat predictable for a finale, and obviously we know they both have to be back next season. Or else I myself will die. They have to be back right?!

7. Calling all Saved by the Bell lovers: this. Yes.

8. I am SO in love with this commercial. I am a child. I swear I saw this longer version first but had the most difficult time finding it. I just listened to both for about 30 minutes straight.

9. If you are a facebaby fan and need a little america’s-funniest-home-videos-style giggle, you may want to watch this video. Do not worry. He didn’t even get a SCRATCH.

10. What are you having for dinner tonight? I should probably eat lettuce leaves but fat chance of that happening.

61 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Harper — May 28, 2013 @ 1:02 pm

Well now I’m thinking oreos for dinner…

Kendra — May 28, 2013 @ 1:03 pm

Seriously, how do you manage to stay in shape with so many naughty snacking habits and delicious food you are making all the time… You’re so wonderful, major inspiration in all that you do!

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — May 28, 2013 @ 1:08 pm

Omgggg facebaby fail!! I feel bad for laughing, but that was really cute.

And obviously donuts wouldn’t be as instagrammable without the sprinkles!

Larry — May 28, 2013 @ 1:10 pm

Yesterday I basically spent the whole day stuffing my face with all the food that I didn’t eat over the weekend… fried chicken, lots of chips with salsa and cheese dip (yes from a jar, and YES it was amazing), potato salad, macaroni salad, rice pilaf (random but enjoyable), maybe 20 bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapeños (OMG), some sausage links, tres leches cake, aaaaaaaaaand an al pastor taco.
    Mind you, this WAS over an 8-hour period. But still. I should have air and lemon wedges for lunch today.

RavieNomNoms — May 28, 2013 @ 1:11 pm

Hehe, I love this post. AND THE SPRINKLES!

Alyssa — May 28, 2013 @ 1:11 pm

Sprinkles are the best part of anything. Can I just have a waffle cone full of sprinkles?
    Nashville PLEASE don’t go away!

I’m probably eating tacos tonight. Like what happens everyday…

Amy @ So There. by Amy — May 28, 2013 @ 1:14 pm

Oh man. Some of those Saved by the Bell episodes were pretty serious, huh?
    So good!!

NASHVILLE!!……I am with you…they can’t kill off Deacon….right???!

Tieghan — May 28, 2013 @ 1:23 pm

Who cares, it summer and sprinkles are fun! Gotta live well you can!

Chrysa — May 28, 2013 @ 1:35 pm

I am 31 years old. I am endlessly mocked for my love of, nay, NEED FOR sprinkles. I am so glad to know I am not alone.

Maria — May 28, 2013 @ 1:35 pm

I dl’d the last song in that episode asap and listened to it on loop on Friday because I just can’t get enough of Nashville.
    Dinner will be one of my favs: Barefoot Contessa’s weeknight bolognese.

Samantha — May 28, 2013 @ 1:37 pm

Nashville!!! I was freaking out!! I’m pretty annoyed/ disappointed about Deacon’s relapse…. why did they have to ruin him? and then the crash?! What?!

Emily — May 28, 2013 @ 1:46 pm

You are killing me with the sprinkles! I immediately want something with them every time you do this-I really like them, but rarely eat them. Really should stop reading your blog while eating paleo…

Ashley — May 28, 2013 @ 1:46 pm

I’ll probably eat the guacamole I just made. And by made, i mean smashing up 2 avocados and mixing in some jarred salsa

Nee Nee — May 28, 2013 @ 1:47 pm

NO WAY anything happens to either Rayna or Deacon. They cannot get rid of either one of those characters – because I will HUNT SOMEONE DOWN AND HURT THEM. I adore Connie Britton and am currently seeking out a Deacon of my own…

IMO WAY too much happened in that last 5 minutes – some too predictable, some just ridiculous…

Lauren — May 28, 2013 @ 1:49 pm

Donuts without sprinkles are like sundaes without sprinkles… Useless.

MelissaD — May 28, 2013 @ 2:02 pm

So funny, I’ve been watching Saved By the Bell on Netflix when I need a bit of nostalgia. Perfect for the TV Summer Slump!

Kali — May 28, 2013 @ 2:02 pm

Sooo obsessed with Nashville. Sad it’s already over for the season. Yeah, totally called the car accident ending though!

Christina Kwan — May 28, 2013 @ 2:12 pm

RE: Nashville. Of course they’ll be back! They HAVE to be back. But perhaps the driver of the other car will be seriously damaged and she’ll have to face the negative publicity. Either way, I’m definitely watching next season!

Nancy — May 28, 2013 @ 2:34 pm

Jess,
    I met you this weekend when my amazing son Adam married equally amazing Jenna (eatliverun) I had to tell the story a few times about how I googled ideas for a recipe in February and very fortunately for me found your Upside Down Caramelized Banana Bread Skillet Cake which helped make Adam’s grandma’s 80th birthday party a success. I then emailed Jenna a note about the party they missed due to living so far from Texas and mentioned the super wonderful dessert and said, “I should really write the young woman whose fantastic recipe I pilfered.” Jenna said “LOVE all this! And you can tell Jess (How Sweet Eats) in person since she’s coming to the wedding :) She’s one of my best friends and is coming on the bachelorette party as well! That’s too funny. All her food is fantastic and she is the sweetest girl. You’ll love her!”
    What a wonderful coincidence. And she was right. You are super sweet. Thanks for making the trip to enjoy the wedding with us and for sharing here your honest and refreshing approach to life and cooking!
    Nancy

• Jessica — May 28th, 2013 @ 9:02 pm

thanks so much nancy! it was great meeting you and was such a beautiful wedding!

PapaLos - The Man, The Chef, The Dad — May 28, 2013 @ 2:43 pm

I got caught watching a Saved by the Bell marathon on MTV2 yesterday. And here I thought MTV was a lost cause!

If you liked Saved by the Bell, then there’s a good chance you liked Fresh Prince. If you did, did you catch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hjbgs6R85E Oh the memories. We are definitely a spoiled generation!

Jess — May 28, 2013 @ 3:00 pm

Sprinkles – YES. They used to make a donut at my local grocery store that was a cake donut completely covered in sprinkles – no icing. It was so good!! And a vanilla soft serve cone with rainbow sprinkles is my favorite treat!

Maggie B. — May 28, 2013 @ 3:01 pm

That oreo commercial just kills me. I could watch it all day long. =)

And… I can’t eat ice cream without rainbow sprinkles. It’s impossible.

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — May 28, 2013 @ 3:13 pm

That commercial!!! LOVE it!

Nancy F — May 28, 2013 @ 3:14 pm

Ooooh Nashville…I’ve been waiting to hear what you thought of the season finale; now I know why it took you a little while since you were at Jenna and Adam’s wedding!

Anyway, they packed a lot into the last few minutes and the crash wasn’t a surprise – but when you put that with the fact that Rayna’s new album is called, “The Parts I Remember” – do we see where this could be leading? I just hope the writers do a good job with the ramifications of it all…Deacon and Rayna forever! Just hope it doesn’t take all season to get there.

Heather — May 28, 2013 @ 3:21 pm

I was just sitting here thinking that every Tuesday Things post starts off with a picture of something with sprinkles on it. LOVE :)

nicola — May 28, 2013 @ 3:29 pm

I loved Saved By The Bell! That California Dreams and Sweet Valley High…perfect weekend morning TV! xx

Lauren @ The Highlands Life — May 28, 2013 @ 5:02 pm

Dinner tonight is

• Lauren @ The Highlands Life — May 28th, 2013 @ 5:05 pm

Obviously my phone only wants me to speak in half sentences. Dinner tonightis a date night out with my husband while a friend watches out 8 month old. It’s going to involve an outdoor patio, craft beer, best burger in Louisville, Brussel Sprout salad and fries. I can’t freaking wait.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — May 28, 2013 @ 6:31 pm

Skipping the sprinkles on a donut would be a major crime :)

I have been in search of a certain type of round, flat sprinkle I need for a baking project and am going to hunt them down later today :)

Erin — May 28, 2013 @ 6:43 pm

No, we can’t even talk about Nashville. That show, as much as I love it, sends me into a frenzy after every episode. The season finale was 43 minutes of predictability, and I don’t know if I let my guard down or what, but for the final 44th minute, I basically just shouted, “What?! What?! What are you doing?! What the HELL is going on in this town?!” over and over.

2 days before my period starts (yes, we’re going there), I have a solid 2 days (so 4 days) of eating like it’s my last day on Earth. I can be mid-Thanksgiving dinner and I’m already wondering if Taco Bell is open and if they will dip my churros in cheese sauce, so yes, I definitely understand eating like a 17 year old boy.

Erin — May 28, 2013 @ 6:44 pm

Aaaaaand now I want a donut.

Clair's Plate — May 28, 2013 @ 7:19 pm

I agree about Nashville – I was really hoping they wouldn’t go in that direction – but all I can say is – THEY BETTER BOTH BE BACK! Otherwise add me to the list of dead…

Emily @ Life on Food — May 28, 2013 @ 8:25 pm

I don’t know what it was about last week end but I definitely ate all sorts of unhealthy, crazy different foods. Love every bite of them!

nicole — May 28, 2013 @ 9:00 pm

Read this but didn’t click on the videos for the commercials. A couple hours later the oreo commercial came on and I went hmmm I wonder if that was the commercial on this post so I came back to check amd sure enough.

Leah — May 28, 2013 @ 9:45 pm

I wish I didn’t live in the country where the closest doughnut is an hour away.. AN HOUR. Ugh the quiet and lovely views just aren’t worth it when the doughnut cravings kick in.

Kristi — May 29, 2013 @ 5:20 am

I agree that you can never really not eat the whole bag of Snappea Crisps once they are open.

Sabrina — May 29, 2013 @ 5:58 am

Oh my gosh – I was so massively in love with Zach Morris. Felt hard during our vacation in 1992 in Florida…while everybody was outside in the sun, the pool, I spend hours watching the show, re-runs in the morning. Zack Morris Hair? Yes, please!

Liz — May 29, 2013 @ 6:14 am

I too love that Oreo commercial :)

Lisa — May 29, 2013 @ 6:35 am

almost as much fun as the commercial, is the a Capella launch in NYC video, you should check it out.

nessa — May 29, 2013 @ 7:19 am

Go sprinkles!

Megan — May 29, 2013 @ 7:58 am

Right there with you…on foods I shouldn’t have consumed this weekend (how many ribs CAN a girl eat??? Let’s not talk about it….) and Nashville! I said the SAME thing to my hubby (who I found re-watching the finale on his secondary laptop in the basement when he was “on a conference call”….)…the crash was totally predicatable, and, of course they’ll be back…

However, I do say BRAVO to the great writing and acting of Juliette and Deacon…they SERIOUSLY did well on making you feel their pain…when Deacon took his shower and then rinsed his Advil down with the Scotch….Oooo, my heart ACHED!!! (and not just cause he was in a towel…)

Like one of your other commenters analysis’ including the name of Rayna’s new album! I seriously hope they do NOT give her Amnesia…might drive me batty!

What was wrong with that donut girl??? Like anyone wants the donut with 5 sprinkles on it…throw that one OUT lady !!!

Simone — May 29, 2013 @ 8:26 am

Facebaby video was great. And I do feel bad for my little laugh, but he is so precious!

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat — May 29, 2013 @ 8:51 am

I really want that donut!!! It looks sooo good! Sprinkles are the BEST!!

Katharine — May 29, 2013 @ 9:42 am

I don’t have words for how much I love “Nashville.” Although I agree the finale is a little much. Still, I’m such a sucker for that kind of dramatic cliff hanger. Also, have you/do you watch “Scandal”? (If not, DO IT.)

Laurie E. — May 29, 2013 @ 11:34 am

OMG! I finally got caught up on Nashville last night- THEY WILL BE BACK! I tell myself they were wearing seatbelts and they will be fine.
    Seriously, I think Juliette and Avery need to get together.
    I wish that show was 2 hours long and on Mon-Fri. I’d DVR them all week and have a “Nashville Marathan” That’s what I’d do if I could have one day of freedom.

Liselle — May 29, 2013 @ 12:06 pm

If you had asked for jimmies instead of sprinkles that girl probably would not have been so confused! :-)

• Kelly — May 29th, 2013 @ 1:22 pm

haha liselle! I try correcting her all the time :) sprinkles sounds more…sparkly…than jimmies though, so I can see why she’s stuck on the term!

• Liselle — May 29th, 2013 @ 3:45 pm

I didn’t grow up in Pittsburgh so I have to think to call them jimmies. I grew up calling them sprinkles so I’m with her on that one! But people who grew up here are confused by sprinkles, I think!

Tracy — May 30, 2013 @ 8:31 am

About the Snappea Crisps….love them and every time I eat a bag I think about you laughing at the fact that they claim to have more than one serving in the bag. It is funny. ANYWAY, my TJ’s stopped carrying theirs immediately after I started liking them. I found some at Whole Foods but to me they were a little bit greasy or something? I prefer the TJ’s brand. So, I guess I will wait to see if they bring them back. And I’m thinking a smaller bag would probably be a better idea for us…. :)

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — May 30, 2013 @ 9:39 am

First… that donut doesn’t have nearly enough sprinkles and secondly… you got my hopes up for a 20 year reunion because wouldn’t that be kind of fun in a totally awful kind of way?

elizabeth — May 30, 2013 @ 10:00 am

I’ve been known to stir sprinkles into my greek yogurt. I would eat sprinkles every single day if I could get away with it! Let’s talk Nashville, I was strangely okay with the finale, most likely because it was so predicable. Gunnar, what a silly boy… Scarlett better say no. I am sure Rayna and Deacon will be back, they have to!

Jess — May 31, 2013 @ 2:54 am

On No. 6 – for SURE they both have to be back. RIGHT? I was a little annoyed with the hyper-drama of the last episode, but well, I love drama, and I love the show, so it clearly didn’t bother me that much.

Nutmeg Nanny — May 31, 2013 @ 10:20 am

You are hilarious! I love your Tuesday things, I can always relate ;)

1. Pingback: Blogging Brain Dump. | How Sweet It Is