1. A few weeks ago when I made these trashy chocolate chip cookie s’mores, I gave my mom the leftover marshmallows so I wouldn’t eat myself to death. She has seriously been talking about them ever since, even asking at once point if she thought I could make coconut marshmallows? So that’s what I did for Mother’s Day: coconut marshmallows dipped in milk chocolate and toasted coconut.

2. There has been a long running tale about this sandwich on my dad’s side of the family for, well… as long as I can remember. Long before I came along. I think my grandpa still eats one every now and then. So glad we’re aren’t alone.

3. I got a new phone on Saturday afternoon and by Sunday morning it was already doused in flour and half destroyed. I also am very curious with how much I talk about food – WHY does autocorrect insist on changing every single “food” to “good?” I’m sure it’s some subliminal message but it’s annoying as heck. In other news, I have developed actual feelings for a piece of technology. Oh and someone please tell me about cute iPhone cases. I not-so-secretly want the gold brass knuckles one but is that trashy? Uh huh.

4. I was half tempted to rename this Tuesday TV Things. First up, I’m losing my mind over Nashville and this darn show better be on for 10 seasons. Can they please dress Scarlett in something cuter and not rip her and Gunnar apart already? Also, I don’t care if you love or hate Hayden P-Ican’tsayyourlastname but she rocks that role. And I’m still on a mission to make Connie B my BFF. And I’ve watched last week’s episode every day. PEOPLE! There is only so much music you can listen to when you’re working all day long by yourself.

5. Now on to Grey’s Anatomy: I hate you and you suck. You’ve been ridiculously terrible all season, but OF COURSE AS USUAL you are going to have the universe explode in the season finale and I am undoubtedly hooked. Secretly I just watch because I want to run my hands through Patrick Dempsey’s hair.

6. Finally, I still watch Mad Men every week because 1. I want to be cool like everyone else and 2. I hate going to bed on Sunday nights but seriously? I DON’T GET IT.

7. 43 things that will make you feel old. I really just like #37. Additionally: Luke Perry for life.

8. I know my buffalo chicken infatuation isn’t that far removed from the blog, but I’m actually getting concerned about it. I ordered buffalo chicken pizza from the same place three times in the last week. The good news is that it’s really easy for them to find my house now.

9. Can’t even take these little macarons. She makes is look so easy! I’d definitely have a nervous breakdown making a batch. And I don’t really love oreos by themselves, but I freak out over all things cookies and cream. Want.

10. Yesterday I made this three times and the same thing happened almost every time. Is that the definition of insanity? I am great at following directions! Not.

11. This is the 99th Tuesday Things. I can’t believe I’ve been annoying 99 weeks in a row.

73 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Heather (Heather's Dish) — May 14, 2013 @ 2:47 pm

Sigh. Nashville…I want to quit it because my TV lineup is FULL but I can’t stop!

Madeline — May 14, 2013 @ 2:47 pm

My dad taught my brother and I the magic of the peanut butter and pickle sandwich when we were growing up. I even have my husband eating them now!

Sara — May 14, 2013 @ 2:49 pm

Casetagram has the best cases. You use all your own photos! I LOVE mine. Plus, I drop my phone all.the.time. and the case keeps it really well protected. I also love that it isnt bulky so i can still stick it in pockets and whatnot. For sure, casetagram FTW

Deanna — May 14, 2013 @ 2:50 pm

99 Tuesday things but a bitch ain’t one! (That doesn’t even make sense but I’m commenting anyway!)

• Deanna — May 14th, 2013 @ 2:52 pm

PS Kate Spade is having a 75% off sale right now and those are the cutest iphone cases

• Jessica — May 14th, 2013 @ 2:55 pm

omg I know… but have you ever used one? KS iphone cases are the biggest pieces of crap. the silicone ones are okay but the plastic ones break in a matter of weeks! wah!

• Deanna — May 14th, 2013 @ 3:05 pm

oh really? did not know that! I never bought a KS one. good to know!

bridget {bake at 350} — May 14, 2013 @ 2:51 pm

My sister used to eat peanut butter & pickle sandwiches! So funny! I’ll have to tell her that she’s not alone. :)

Hanna — May 14, 2013 @ 2:51 pm

In my family we call that sandwich a Humdinger, and we add baloney (and by “we” I mean the men in my family. I don’t touch the stuff).

Tieghan — May 14, 2013 @ 2:52 pm

I am dying over the marshmallows! I need more of those in my life!

My phone is always covered in flour, peanut, butter, chocolate or buffalo sauce. Trust me I feel you on that one.

Oh and the buffalo pizza?? Did you read my post about my dad wanting to start a buffalo chicken food truck?? Yeah, he is DEAD serious and has been looking at buying food trucks. He crazy and obviously we LOVE anything involving buffalo sauce!

Ya for 99 tuesday things! That is is awesome!

• Lauren — May 15th, 2013 @ 4:29 pm

That is the best idea EVER!!! Your dad is a genius!

allison — May 14, 2013 @ 2:52 pm

Grey’s Anatomy – riiight?! I kinda maybe loved the spontaneous dance mob proposal, even though flash/dance mobs and spontaneous singing make me so very uncomfortable. Also, that one episode in October with Ethan Embry, I thought it was gonna get better after that. Wrong.

Things that make you feel old – I freaked out (FREAKED OUT) when I heard BSB announced a tour yesterday. Like serious fan girl scream. I do not care that I’m 30. Boy bands for life, yo.

Caitlin — May 14, 2013 @ 2:56 pm

Yay! “Tuesday Things” is one of the things I look forward to all week long and is the only thing that gets me through Tuesdays at work (because Tuesdays are always surprisingly crappy – Monday you know will suck and from Wednesday on it’s just working toward the end of the week).
    Also, I saw Connie B at a restaurant a few months ago and keep forgetting to post about it on here. Her hair is just as glorious in real life. And she ordered pancakes. I couldn’t stop staring and neither my Mom or boyfriend knew who I was talking about (Tami Taylor, y’all!)

Emily — May 14, 2013 @ 2:57 pm

Mmmm I haven’t had a peanut butter pickle sandwich in FOREVER. It took me quite a while to be confident enough to bring them to school; the first few times I got too self-conscious about all the “EWWWWWWWW!!!!!!”s. But there’s just something about it that’s so delicious. I think I’ll add a jar of sweet pickles to the grocery list this week. Mmmm.

Marie @ Little Kitchie — May 14, 2013 @ 2:58 pm

I got one of those new Rifle Paper Co. phone cases a few weeks ago and I’m obsessed with it!

Eliza — May 14, 2013 @ 3:00 pm

i would like to request a wedding gift of coconut marshmallows for when I marry Deacon in real life. I did not see the Other kiss coming between Gunnar and his bromance housemate. Scarlett’s clothes are so ratty and victorian, but she’s quirky so they work on her. They are just so ugg. I love this show – I could go on and on!

Nina — May 14, 2013 @ 3:04 pm

I saw that “things to make you feel old” earlier today…felt like CRAP after reading it and immediately posted it to FB so that I would not be alone in feeling like CRAP. PS yes Luke Perry ALWAYS :)

Katharine — May 14, 2013 @ 3:05 pm

Two things on this Tuesday: 1. Nashville has officially been renewed for a second season. #thankgoodness #duh 2. Lauren Graham (aka Lorelai Gilmore) and Connie Britton were once roommates. Mind = blown.

Mila @ loftyappetite — May 14, 2013 @ 3:13 pm

You know what’s another tuesday thing that you forgot to mention? beauty.com is having a friends and family sale…20% off (find someone’s insider link on twitter if it doesn’t show up on the site). you can’t even imagine how many tarte blushes are in my cart right now.

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — May 14, 2013 @ 3:21 pm

Just started watching Mad Men on Netflix last week. I like it so far, but those men are all pigs!

April — May 14, 2013 @ 3:22 pm

I thought you would appreciate the fact that I am actively searching for awesome donut places on my road trip from SC to OR. I have currently planned to visit four places already!

Jules — May 14, 2013 @ 3:31 pm

I grew up eating Peanut Butter, Mayo and Pickles sandwiches. Still one of my favorites. No one would ever trade lunch or steal my lunch in school. It was a win win for me!

Kate — May 14, 2013 @ 3:32 pm

I CANT BELIEVE the last Nashville! My mom watches it too and I was texting her the whole time about every little thing. That show is amazing! I agree though, Scarlet is so pretty I wish they would dress her better.

Robyn — May 14, 2013 @ 3:37 pm

It’s like you’re reading my mind! Whyyyyyyy am I still watching Mad Men!? SUCH a snoozefest, yet I am still waiting for something exciting to happen. Like for the past 2 years. Wah Wah Wah.

Yammie @ Yammie's Noshery — May 14, 2013 @ 3:37 pm

I made almost the exact same marshmallows at Christmas time!! I used coconut extract and coconut milk in the marshmallows. I’m thinking it could be awesome to add coconut rum. Wut. http://www.yammiesnoshery.com/2013/04/homemade-chocolate-covered-coconut.html

Laura F. — May 14, 2013 @ 3:39 pm

Have you ever watched “Friday Night Lights”? It could not be more amazing, especially if you love Connie B. aka Tami Taylor.

I also continue to watch “Mad Men” and hate it.

Liz — May 14, 2013 @ 3:51 pm

I get all my cases from Cuptakes (the name alone! http://www.cuptakes.com/). And while I’m not super clumsy, i have dropped it in parking lots a few times and not a scratch!

Mad Men – you’re clogging up my DVR but I just.can’t.quit.you!

I am currently catching up on FNL through Amazon Prime – i totally get what all the fuss is about!!

Beso.com — May 14, 2013 @ 4:04 pm

OMG all of us here at Beso are DYING to make those yummy marshmallow treats! Serious YUM. aaaaand if you’re looking for cute iPhone cases check out this blog post we did recently — super and affordable cute ones:

good look and lovely blog! xoxo

Averie @ Averie Cooks — May 14, 2013 @ 4:13 pm

That is so sweet that you made those marshmallows for your mom for Mother’s Day! What a sweet surprise for her!

And Jenny’s little macarons and Joy’s sandwich; yep, all over those too!

ami@naivecookcooks — May 14, 2013 @ 4:19 pm

Haha loved loved the last one!! ;)

Sara — May 14, 2013 @ 4:22 pm

society6.com has the cutest phone cases… And about a million of them. I have the prettiest watercolor-y print of the lantern scene in Tangled and get compliments on it all the time!

allison danae — May 14, 2013 @ 4:31 pm

http://society6.com/cases – you’re welcome/i’m sorry. it took me about 48 days to finally decide which one i wanted to order.

• allison danae — May 14th, 2013 @ 4:32 pm

jk – i clearly didn’t read the comment directly above mine. two people can’t be wrong though! :)

• Jessica — May 14th, 2013 @ 4:33 pm

ummm already have 15 in my shopping cart. i’m screwed.

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — May 14, 2013 @ 5:01 pm

Those are some yummy looking ‘mallows! And I have GOT to get on that pb-pickle sandwich… so weird but sounds good!

Jenni — May 14, 2013 @ 5:16 pm

http://www.agent18.com/ has really adorable cases, and even matching phone wallpapers! I have the teal Flower Vest, SO cute, lightweight, comfortable in my hand, and my iPhone 5 has survived several drops on not-so-soft floors…

Annie @ Annie's City Kitchen — May 14, 2013 @ 5:46 pm

So pumped to try those macarons! I’ve never made them before because they’re terrifying, obvi, and now I think I can? Worth a shot!

Amy @ So There. by Amy — May 14, 2013 @ 6:06 pm

I swear, if someone else has to die on another Grey’s finale, I’ll be so pissed!
    haha

Amy — May 14, 2013 @ 6:17 pm

I love your blog!!! Ditto about #4 and #5. I’m going to go into a deep dark state of depression when Nashville goes on hiatus over the summer.

Sadie — May 14, 2013 @ 8:28 pm

There is an iPhone case on the apple w

Sadie — May 14, 2013 @ 8:29 pm

Ebsite that is the backers of a giraffe looking back at you. It is amazing.

lynn @ the actor's diet — May 14, 2013 @ 9:05 pm

Luke Perry and I have the same P.O. Box! Well, not the same Box #, but we both pick up our mail at the same place. I almost died when I saw him.

Jaime — May 14, 2013 @ 9:28 pm

PB and pickle is not wierd where I come from. Standard school dayz and post-secondary (and secret 30-something) sandwich for sure.

Meg — May 14, 2013 @ 9:31 pm

I’m obbbbsessed with the moschino duck iPhone cover!

• Jessica — May 14th, 2013 @ 9:32 pm

omg. need that.

Jess — May 14, 2013 @ 10:30 pm

Love the marshmallow’s!! Can’t wait to make! I also couldn’t agree more with Grey’s Anatomy! I’ve just Re-started the addiction, the last 3 episodes remind me of when I was invite with it! Katherine Heigel days!! Ok I love the iPhone cases here! Sooo many to choose from and you can match your iPhone to iPad to MacBook, if you felt so inclined!! Haha http://society6.com/cases/abstract?page=2

Nashville is killing me! I am SO IN LOVE with it and all it’s characters! Another one I can’t bare to end! Shameless and Homeland was hard enough to get withdraws from!! Oh and Scandal!! LoooooooVe!
    TTFN!! :)

Mimi @ Culinary Couture — May 14, 2013 @ 11:28 pm

Jessica, you have been hilarious 99 weeks in a row! Is Nashville new tomorrow? I’m with you on Scarlet, can they just let her be happy for two seconds? I’m sick of her crying all the time! Also, grey’s anatomy—why can’t KAREV JUST TELL THAT CHICK that he loves her already! Gah! I’m a hopeless romantic. ALSO, have you watched Scandal? That show is LEGIT.

Jade Sheldon — May 14, 2013 @ 11:41 pm

Aw! You are a good daughter making your mom something special! I also think your mom is a genius because coconut marshmallows sound AMAZING.

Nashville is so ridiculously delicious I can’t stand it!! Love it…

Roz — May 15, 2013 @ 4:47 am

Recipe for coconut marshmallows please!!!! YUM :) x

Meghan @ The Tasty Fork — May 15, 2013 @ 5:24 am

Gunner needs some happy pills. The guy is so darn moody…but not in a brooding way like sexy Deacon. What is going on with Avery’s hair?? Is it a mullet?? Does he just need a trim?? Can Peggy go away?? Her smiley cheerleader act makes me roll my eyes. (I obviously think about Nashville waaaay too much.)

Jess — May 15, 2013 @ 7:05 am

In response to placing delish chips on your sammich….LOVE IT! Sometimes I just have a a chips sandwich..lol

Allison — May 15, 2013 @ 7:06 am

Tuesday Things will always be one of my favorite blog posts to read every week. Can’t wait for number 100 ;)

cindy — May 15, 2013 @ 7:25 am

I ordered my iphone case from Society 6…SO MANY options! Also, I really want brass knuckles rings…like brass knuckles COVERED in gems. I want it to happen and not be a billion dollars. Also, I saw a meat mallet that was brass knuckles and I wanted it because I like to pretend I’m that bad. I’m not.

Also, how many of those coconut marshmallows do you think I could fit in my face? All of them? yeah.

Jackie — May 15, 2013 @ 7:26 am

Ditto on Mad Men! Just when I think I have a handle on what’s going on Don makes someone crawl on the floor, there’s a merge (what!?), and weeks go by with no Betty story to speak of. Yet, every Sunday I’m watching hoping that I’ll say “Oh now it all makes sense!” Maybe this week!

Holly @ EatGreatBEGeat — May 15, 2013 @ 8:26 am

The coconut marshmallows look delish! Yummy!! That sandwich sounds so interesting. I’ve never heard of the combo before.

elizabeth — May 15, 2013 @ 9:41 am

Totally OBSESSED with Nashville!! I have the same sentiments regarding Scarletts outfits – but I think she dresses like that in real life. Also, does she have hair extensions? If so, I think she should take them out or shorten her quaff hair. Also, my crush on Gunnar is officially over. Boo!

Amy — May 15, 2013 @ 10:19 am

When I saw that Grey’s Anatomy announced another season, I actually cursed out loud. I have been watching since the beginning and now I’m in too deep to quit – but I’m really ready for it to be over!

I actually really love Mad Men for a glimpse into that seemingly upside-down world (it’s made better this season since my bf and I have a couple friends who come over to watch with us), but the best part of and episode is the extremely vague preview for the next episode. And anytime Peter gets punched or falls down stairs!