1. A few weeks ago when I made these trashy chocolate chip cookie s’mores, I gave my mom the leftover marshmallows so I wouldn’t eat myself to death. She has seriously been talking about them ever since, even asking at once point if she thought I could make coconut marshmallows? So that’s what I did for Mother’s Day: coconut marshmallows dipped in milk chocolate and toasted coconut.
2. There has been a long running tale about this sandwich on my dad’s side of the family for, well… as long as I can remember. Long before I came along. I think my grandpa still eats one every now and then. So glad we’re aren’t alone.
3. I got a new phone on Saturday afternoon and by Sunday morning it was already doused in flour and half destroyed. I also am very curious with how much I talk about food – WHY does autocorrect insist on changing every single “food” to “good?” I’m sure it’s some subliminal message but it’s annoying as heck. In other news, I have developed actual feelings for a piece of technology. Oh and someone please tell me about cute iPhone cases. I not-so-secretly want the gold brass knuckles one but is that trashy? Uh huh.
4. I was half tempted to rename this Tuesday TV Things. First up, I’m losing my mind over Nashville and this darn show better be on for 10 seasons. Can they please dress Scarlett in something cuter and not rip her and Gunnar apart already? Also, I don’t care if you love or hate Hayden P-Ican’tsayyourlastname but she rocks that role. And I’m still on a mission to make Connie B my BFF. And I’ve watched last week’s episode every day. PEOPLE! There is only so much music you can listen to when you’re working all day long by yourself.
5. Now on to Grey’s Anatomy: I hate you and you suck. You’ve been ridiculously terrible all season, but OF COURSE AS USUAL you are going to have the universe explode in the season finale and I am undoubtedly hooked. Secretly I just watch because I want to run my hands through Patrick Dempsey’s hair.
6. Finally, I still watch Mad Men every week because 1. I want to be cool like everyone else and 2. I hate going to bed on Sunday nights but seriously? I DON’T GET IT.
7. 43 things that will make you feel old. I really just like #37. Additionally: Luke Perry for life.
8. I know my buffalo chicken infatuation isn’t that far removed from the blog, but I’m actually getting concerned about it. I ordered buffalo chicken pizza from the same place three times in the last week. The good news is that it’s really easy for them to find my house now.
9. Can’t even take these little macarons. She makes is look so easy! I’d definitely have a nervous breakdown making a batch. And I don’t really love oreos by themselves, but I freak out over all things cookies and cream. Want.
10. Yesterday I made this three times and the same thing happened almost every time. Is that the definition of insanity? I am great at following directions! Not.
11. This is the 99th Tuesday Things. I can’t believe I’ve been annoying 99 weeks in a row.