1. I sense that I’ve become soooo predictable that if you follow me on twitter or instagram, you probably knew the above picture would be my standard omg-sprinkles-in-my-tuesday-things photo. Wah!

2. I’m having a minor (read: major) meltdown that I’m not going to the Boyz II Men, 98 degrees, etc concert tonight. I was supposed to be on vacation… which I’m clearly not (but will be later this week, yay Jersey Shore) and can’t even stand it. My husband has been sending me pictures of their tour buses that he has spied on walks at lunchtime. I hate life.

3. Giant girl crush on this one here. I’ve got it.

4. I love that 20 years later, I’m picking all the cake out of cake batter ice cream instead of all the cookie dough out of cookie dough ice cream. Things never change.

5. There are two women I look up to who inspire me in but also out of the kitchen, and I am absolutely loving this summer bucket list idea from Kristen. So cool.

6. Sriracha peas! OMG. Freaking out. Favorite snack. Can I make these at home? Halp me.

7. I have so much clutter to get rid of that I’ve devised a plan. I need a candle that smells like Target so when people come over they just want to take everything in my house home with them.

8. Oh and speaking of sprinkles, you know I really don’t like ice cream THAT much? I definitely just use it as a vehicle for the colorful things.

9. Wait. I retract my last statement. Please look at this.

10. Please tell me what your favorite AT&T commercial is? I’ve been hooked on the puppy brother one for the last month. Especially because the girl that sits across from her looks like she has just heard the most brilliant thing ever. I basically walk around my house and randomly shout “this is my puppy brother.”

11. Should I take my real camera to the beach this weekend? Would you like to see some pics? I would like to make a fun beachy video but ummmm I can’t even install a plugin so, yeah. Life problems.

83 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Jenna @ www.sensationallyseasonal.com — June 11, 2013 @ 2:50 pm

OMG! The Target scented candle! Hahaha, that is genius and I wish that it existed and worked. I would so get one and have people over all the time!

• Leslie — June 13th, 2013 @ 9:47 am

I concur: Target candle idea is proof of your genius :)

Esther — June 11, 2013 @ 2:57 pm

This is my favorite AT&T one and I’m sad because they stopped playing it. I’m in love with how serious/dramatic the little boy is and the way he says “a little bit of damage.”

also you always make me want sprinkle ice cream cones.

Esther — June 11, 2013 @ 2:57 pm
    Michelle — June 11, 2013 @ 2:59 pm

My boyfriend and I are always quoting all the AT&T commercials but we do the the “I wish I was back to a human” commercial the most!

Tieghan — June 11, 2013 @ 2:59 pm

Ashley’s ice cream had been killing em since I saw it! Looks so good!

Niki — June 11, 2013 @ 3:01 pm

hahaha a Target scented candle – so true.
    Also, every time I see you post a sprinkle cone I NEED ONE. And i too, don’t really like ice cream. Just sprinkles. Last time at DQ i got a vanilla DIPPED with sprinkles. ridic.

brandi — June 11, 2013 @ 3:03 pm

omg, i love those commercials!!! i do the puppy brother face + quote all the time, too. and i’m pretty good at the werewolf one. it’s a gift, i guess.

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — June 11, 2013 @ 3:06 pm

Love the puppy brother one for sure! I also really like the one where they are talking about infinity and the one girl says, “what about infinity times infinity?” and the guy’s mind totally gets blown.

Chels R. — June 11, 2013 @ 3:08 pm

Sriracha peas are amazing. Glad I’m not alone on this :)

Korrie — June 11, 2013 @ 3:10 pm

GAH! Those commercials!!! I quote them to EVERYONE! I even made people in my office watch them!

Still #1 is: “Tape a cheetah to her back!”
    “I bet you wish your grandma was fast.”
    “I bet SHE wishes she were fast”

I’m also currently obsessed with “INFINITY AND ONE!”

Please never go away!

ashley — June 11, 2013 @ 3:11 pm

side note: how freaking excited are you about true blood FINALLY returning this sunday?!!! it’s been way too long!!!

• Jessica — June 11th, 2013 @ 5:59 pm

Alison — June 11, 2013 @ 3:18 pm

I so feel you on the concert thing! That happened to me last week with my favorite band – I ended up not being able to go for non-reasons and I was SO BITTER about it. I would say it gets better after the concert is over but it doesn’t. You will be mad about it forever. Better eat some more sprinkles..

Emily {Pink Tiger in the Kitchen} — June 11, 2013 @ 3:26 pm

OMG!! The AT&T commercials!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them. The girl at the end of the puppy brother totally makes that one. And the werewolf and infinity times infinity are great too but the doing two things at once (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYaSl_VgqbE) and the basketball high-fives (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chgsxK1rSRo) are my faves! Especially the little girl from the high fives when he asks if she has a lot of fans. AH-MA-ZING!!

JulieD — June 11, 2013 @ 3:27 pm

I’m all about puppy brother too!

Angela @ another bite please — June 11, 2013 @ 3:32 pm

i am crushing on all the ice cream…i can eat way too much…but it is oh so good….making a summer bucket list with my boys is on my “list” for tomorrow…hahaha a list for a list.

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — June 11, 2013 @ 3:34 pm

Hahaha I LOVE the puppy brother commercial. I don’t have a TV so I don’t catch commercials often (I watch my TV online or on the BF’s DVR) but I busted up laughing so hard at that one!

I think I am with you on the ice cream thing. I only love it if it has TONS of non-ice cream things all up in it. Also, I saw Boyz II Men do a reunion concert when I was in high school, and it was amaaaazing.

Ronda — June 11, 2013 @ 3:34 pm

I’m so excited about that concert this weekend!!! Friday can’t get here soon enough. And I’m with you on the sprinkles, there is always room for more. and my favortie AT&T is the two things at once, I walk around saying I can wavy my hand and wave my head all the time. Love it.

nancy k — June 11, 2013 @ 3:35 pm

So, I used to teach kindergarten and the first time I saw one of the AT&T commercials, I was transported back to the conversations I used to have with kids in my classroom. Somebody clearly did some extensive classoom research before developing those commercials. They are so funny and spot on. I can’t tell you how many times I heard the word “infinity” when I asked a child a number /amount question. They loved the word.

• Jessica — June 11th, 2013 @ 5:59 pm

oh i love this.

Kari@Loaves n Dishes — June 11, 2013 @ 3:36 pm

I love infinity x infinity. Especially the little boy who says that 10 is the biggest number he can think of!

Melissa — June 11, 2013 @ 3:56 pm

I think it’s a tie for me between “infinity TIMES infinity” and “tape a cheetah to her back” – both of them still crack me up every time!

Target candle = BRILLIANT. Nice work.

Sandra — June 11, 2013 @ 4:03 pm

Jessica! Go get yourself a ticket!! There must be a way!!!
    I saw them last week. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

Aly — June 11, 2013 @ 4:04 pm

I love number 7 :D

sarahsaysrun — June 11, 2013 @ 4:08 pm

While “we want more!” will always hold a special place in my heart the new “infinity times infinity” commercial is gaining momentum. When he does the mind blowing expression I just die.

Melanie — June 11, 2013 @ 4:14 pm

oh wow, that “edible perspective” ice cream. Coconut sugar that tastes like carmel??!! Good heavens, I have lust in my heart!!!

Meghan @ Cake 'n' Knife — June 11, 2013 @ 4:15 pm

I hate to admit it but I am still completely hooked on the turtle commercial… I can’t stop laughing. It’s just like the Geico pig screaming “weeeeeeeeeee”! I am easily entertained :)

Jordana — June 11, 2013 @ 4:17 pm

“you really like it, you want more” ,, Ok can I be the uncool kid here and say I hate all of those commercials and they drive me nuts ?!?
    My favorite commercial right now is the KFC – I ATE THE BONES! haha I scream that out randomly in my house until everyone is sick of me.

Karen — June 11, 2013 @ 5:10 pm

My husband and I love those commercials too. Tape a cheetah to her back is still our favorite. The actor’s name is Beck Bennett and he was discovered from his YouTube videos “Fresh Perspectives” which parodies those Sunday morning new’s shows except with kids. Pretty funny. He is a natural with kids.

Laurie E. — June 11, 2013 @ 5:13 pm

Wow, you actually still watch commercials? haha I DVR everything. I don’t think I’ve watched live television since the Superbowl and the lights went out.

nina — June 11, 2013 @ 5:42 pm

I love the AT&T commercial when the girl says “What about infinity TIMES infinity!” and the guy motions his head exploding LMAO

My second favorite is with the girl saying “we just want more and if they give us less we just say we just want more?” haha

Thanks!
    Nina

Sarah Pie — June 11, 2013 @ 5:43 pm

Oh that ice cream… that looks amazing! (Though I’m with you in that most of the time I just use it as a base for sprinkles) :)

cindy — June 11, 2013 @ 5:57 pm

puppy brother is my fave!
    you got that girl crush right! Megan is one of my favorite people ever!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — June 11, 2013 @ 5:59 pm

I just posted ice cream today that’s both cake batter, cookies, and sprinkles rolled into one. I actually thought of you when I was making it :)

And going to the beach with your real camera is sometimes a win; and sometimes….it’s just so much easier to use the iphone and have another drink and not even worry that sand just got on your super nice lens! haha!

Kelly — June 11, 2013 @ 6:03 pm

You NEED to get into that concert. Is it sold out? Because the one on Long Island was not, although it was close. You should try to go!! I would love to see it again.

Ashley — June 11, 2013 @ 6:46 pm

To the beach? Are you joking. Take a crappy camera. You will be juggling drinks, large purses, ice cream, heels, water, and sand. Need I say more!? However, instead of going to the Jersey Shore, you should pack your fancy camera + come here. I’ll make you a fresh batch of that ice cream everyday. Extra sprinkles. Duh.

amanda — June 11, 2013 @ 7:12 pm

Your target candle comments made to laugh out loud for way too long. I’d totally buy that candle. And I agree, puppy brother commercial is hilarious.

Laura — June 11, 2013 @ 7:15 pm

I love your Tuesday things! And I love your girl crush- that’s my little sister, she’s pretty great :)

Lauren — June 11, 2013 @ 7:42 pm

Jessica!!!! I have been reading your blog for a couple years now and I know how much you love brown butter. Guess what just came into Trader Joe’s? BROWN BUTTER POPCORN with thyme and a bunch of other yummy seasonings.. Yep…it’s amazing!

Maggie @ Just a Couple More Pages — June 11, 2013 @ 9:05 pm

OH MY GOD. I cannot stop laughing at your get a candle that smells like Target so people want to take everything home thing. So freaking true. And hilarious. <3

Elizabeth — June 11, 2013 @ 9:20 pm

The werewolf commercial cracks me up every time I see it! They’re all too funny!

andrea — June 11, 2013 @ 9:30 pm

You should do a meet up in nj!

Christine @ BookishlyB — June 11, 2013 @ 9:39 pm

Those commercials are THE best. I don’t watch TV, let alone commercials, but those are a definite exception.

Chloe Moon — June 11, 2013 @ 10:10 pm

I could totally go for ice cream right now!! I love the ATT commercial where the lil girl is talking about how it sucks to be a werewolf! I think that one is my fav next to the puppy brother one!!! =)

Katharine — June 11, 2013 @ 10:38 pm

7. HA! #brilliant
    10. “What would your nickname be?”
    Kid: “Nikki Flash.”
    “Why Nikki?”
    Kid: “Because it rhymes with ‘flash.’”

Zainab| Blahnik Baker — June 11, 2013 @ 10:40 pm

I’ve been laughing in my head all day at your idea of a target candle. It’s ingenious! I would love to buy one. Totally made my day :)

Kristen — June 11, 2013 @ 11:46 pm

Oh friend – the feeling is so mutual. I admire the heck out of you.
    Again, Leah says thanks… college fund and all. I appreciate your linking generosity – seriously, thank you!

And I would love to go to the 98 degrees concert. TMI but my 26th birthday cake had a frosting screen print of Nick Lachey. I used to love him almost as much as Adam :)

Have a great week, friend! You are a gem!

Meg Jones | The Spatularettes — June 12, 2013 @ 6:43 am

Jersey Shore + Sprinkle Love = Khors Brothers Mint Custard + Chocolate Jimmies = HAPPINESS

amy — June 12, 2013 @ 9:03 am

I saw THE PACKAGE TOUR Saturday night! It was wonderful. I cried. I still love Donnie Wahlberg and Nick Lachey!

Molly @ Baklette — June 12, 2013 @ 9:08 am

Target candle is genius! I need one too!
    And those ATT commercials are to die for! I really like the werewolf one, i crack up EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I also think the Nicki Flash one is really funny too!

Janelle — June 12, 2013 @ 9:16 am

Have you considered something like a “100 item challenge”? Basically you walk around your house collecting things to donate. The idea is that you do it all at once, make quick decisions, and if you aren’t sure, lean towards donate because you have to get to 100. It sounds easy but it can get tough. It purges a lot of stuff you don’t need! If 100 is too easy for you, set your goal higher.

Also, pretty sure your husband could decide for you. haha

Liselle — June 12, 2013 @ 10:02 am

If you are ever in Columbus, OH you must, must, must go to Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream. I visit cousins there and no matter how much stuff is going on while I’m there we HAVE to go to Jeni’s for ice cream. I had their Brambleberry Crisp (the one you are talking about above is adapted from) for the first time when I was there two weeks ago. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Their Salty Caramel is great too and so is their Dark Chocolate. Ok, everything I’ve ever had there is sooooo good!