1. I sense that I’ve become soooo predictable that if you follow me on twitter or instagram, you probably knew the above picture would be my standard omg-sprinkles-in-my-tuesday-things photo. Wah!

2. I’m having a minor (read: major) meltdown that I’m not going to the Boyz II Men, 98 degrees, etc concert tonight. I was supposed to be on vacation… which I’m clearly not (but will be later this week, yay Jersey Shore) and can’t even stand it. My husband has been sending me pictures of their tour buses that he has spied on walks at lunchtime. I hate life.

3. Giant girl crush on this one here. I’ve got it.

4. I love that 20 years later, I’m picking all the cake out of cake batter ice cream instead of all the cookie dough out of cookie dough ice cream. Things never change.

5. There are two women I look up to who inspire me in but also out of the kitchen, and I am absolutely loving this summer bucket list idea from Kristen. So cool.

6. Sriracha peas! OMG. Freaking out. Favorite snack. Can I make these at home? Halp me.

7. I have so much clutter to get rid of that I’ve devised a plan. I need a candle that smells like Target so when people come over they just want to take everything in my house home with them.

8. Oh and speaking of sprinkles, you know I really don’t like ice cream THAT much? I definitely just use it as a vehicle for the colorful things.

9. Wait. I retract my last statement. Please look at this.

10. Please tell me what your favorite AT&T commercial is? I’ve been hooked on the puppy brother one for the last month. Especially because the girl that sits across from her looks like she has just heard the most brilliant thing ever. I basically walk around my house and randomly shout “this is my puppy brother.”

11. Should I take my real camera to the beach this weekend? Would you like to see some pics? I would like to make a fun beachy video but ummmm I can’t even install a plugin so, yeah. Life problems.

83 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Erica C — June 12, 2013 @ 10:06 am

You can TOTALLY make the peas.

We make roasted chickpeas all the time. Just coat the peas in the sauce, let them sit a bit, and then bake them for about 45 mins at 375. Stir about 20 mins through.

Our fave are chickpeas that have been coated in Frank’s Red Hot OR soaked in pickle juice for a few days. MMM MMM

• stacy s — June 13th, 2013 @ 8:55 am

oh my! thanks for that. soooooo making the pickle juice.

jamee — June 12, 2013 @ 10:22 am

What about infinity TIMES infinity?

Teresa — June 12, 2013 @ 11:10 am

Um!
    There’s that SPRINKLED ice cream cone again!
    Can you believe I was telling Greg about that sprinkled ice cream cone just the other day.
    LOVE it that Kristen & Bridget inspire you!
    And YOU inspire me!
    So there!
    Haven’t even had the time to tell you how over-whelmed I am at the thoughts of your BOOK coming out and into my hands!!!!!
    I’ve been building up to a long, sappy email to let you know how thrilled & happy I am for you!!!!!!!
    You’re my FOODIE ROCK STAR!
    You & BEV!
    Don’t ever forget it Jessica!
    Can I have your autograph?
    xoxoxoxoxo

• Jessica — June 12th, 2013 @ 1:34 pm

i love you!

Lauren — June 12, 2013 @ 11:52 am

I think it’s funny because I pick out the cookie dough and the rest of the ice cream becomes useless. I might as well just buy a roll of cookie dough.

Alyssa — June 12, 2013 @ 12:20 pm

I love the picture of the ice cream! Quintessential summer :-)

Desi — June 12, 2013 @ 12:58 pm

lol my fave AT&T commercial is the werewolf one… rrr rrr rrr which means, I wish I were back to a human. lol I giggle everytime. Hadn’t seen the puppy brother one but that one is amazing too!! I usually fast forward past commercials (thank you, DVR) but anytime those come on I MUST stop and watch :)

Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats — June 12, 2013 @ 2:13 pm

I love the infinity AT&T commercial, but they are ALL great!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZh105_r2Qk

Christina — June 12, 2013 @ 2:17 pm

I LOVE the puppy brother commercial! The first time I saw it I seriously laughed out loud!

Kristi — June 12, 2013 @ 3:09 pm

I love your Tuesday posts. I usually find a few more blogs to add to my list.

Kelly — June 12, 2013 @ 3:16 pm

I loved your Target candle idea. That cracks me up!!
    I had never seen the AT&T puppy commercial. Those commercials are genius. They are the only commercials that I stop to watch on DVR too!
    But I have to say that the werewolf one is my favorite too – his face his priceless as she is talking :-)

bridget {bake at 350} — June 12, 2013 @ 3:25 pm

Um, you just made me a little teary. ♥

PS…I’m baking with bourbon today and have been thinking of you! ;)

mulberry handbags — June 12, 2013 @ 4:38 pm

I have to express some appreciation to this writer just for rescuing me from such a condition. After looking throughout the search engines and coming across principles which were not beneficial, I believed my entire life was gone. Being alive without the approaches to the difficulties you’ve solved through your short article is a critical case, and those that would have adversely affected my entire career if I hadn’t encountered your blog. Your personal knowledge and kindness in touching all the pieces was very useful. I don’t know what I would’ve done if I had not encountered such a thing like this. It’s possible to at this moment relish my future. Thanks a lot very much for the reliable and effective help. I will not hesitate to recommend the sites to any person who needs to have care about this area.

nessa — June 12, 2013 @ 6:05 pm

I will never get tired of your sprinkle pics :)

Leanne — June 12, 2013 @ 6:15 pm

I almost picked up one of the largest bottles of multicolor sprinkles I’ve ever seen today, when I was at the grocery store getting essential things. (Like sprinkles, right? Sprinkles are essential.) I made myself put them back, though, after I picked them up and held them in my hand and realized how lovely and shiny and bright they were. I love looking at them but don’t bake with them often… although I’ve recently found your blog and have been going through your archives and your cake batter EVERYTHING is making me itch to not have sprinkles in my house. Now I’m kicking myself for not getting them cause here are rainbow sprinkles on your page, taunting me again!

Paige — June 12, 2013 @ 7:42 pm

Puppy brother is genius!! I am obsessed with Ice Cream this year so far! I would love some photos of your vacation! They are my fave!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — June 12, 2013 @ 8:30 pm

I hate to ruffle your feathers, but I am going to that concert when they are in Chicago on July 17th!!! Wooooooooooohoooooooo! If I get put on bedrest for any reason before then, you can road trip it out here and have my ticket. :)

Greta — June 12, 2013 @ 8:42 pm

I have been reading for quite some time and this is my first comment. I just had to let you know how with you on the puppy brother commercial. That is all. :)

Julie — June 12, 2013 @ 9:34 pm

I am so glad there is someone else in this world obsessed with the “puppy brother” commercial too.

Angela — June 12, 2013 @ 9:39 pm

I’m so glad I am not the only one that laughs at the AT&T commercials! They always make me chuckle!

Gaby — June 12, 2013 @ 10:51 pm

The Target candle idea cracked. me. up.
    Also, we’re probably salad soulmates. I won’t even bother making a side salad in my dining hall if I can’t put dried cranberries and cheese on it. And a taco salad- aka nachos with lettuce, let’s be real- is always a good decision.

Laura — June 12, 2013 @ 11:23 pm

Just had to comment and say that I’m glad I’m not the only one that loves those AT&T commercials. My favorite is the one where the little boy says that maybe his Grandma would be faster if she “tape a cheetah to her back.” EVERY time I see that commercial, I laugh SO hard!

jeri — June 13, 2013 @ 12:12 am

I was wondering how I’d never seen the Puppy Brother commercial and it just came on. How Twilight Zone is that? By far the cutest. I also can’t get enough of those pig commercials. Wheeeee! Say hey to the Jersey Shore for me, the home of my misspent youth.

dawne — June 13, 2013 @ 2:39 pm

love the at&t commericals and i think my fav is the puppy brother one too that other little girls face is priceles and the one with what’s the highest number you can think of “10” too funny. not sure how the grown up doesn’t laugh himself silly ;)

Joy — June 14, 2013 @ 7:47 am

The AT&T commercials… Gah if you lied in my house you’d be sick if them. We use DVR for everything Nd if my husband sees on while ffing we HAVE to watch it…
    And yes to Jersey shore pics

Tina — June 15, 2013 @ 12:03 am

That ice cream looks heavenly right now. It doesn’t matter how old I get, sprinkles are always appropriate!

Nutmeg Nanny — June 17, 2013 @ 3:42 pm

Sriracha peas! Oh my goodness, need those now!

Alicia GreenRabbit — June 18, 2013 @ 10:15 am

My 7yo says “that’s staged mom ,you know that,right.” Kids are so funny!

brittany — June 24, 2013 @ 4:35 pm

I HAVE to ask. Where is this infamous ice cream cone from?? Because I want it every time i see your picture :)