Over halfway through summah! Here’s this month’s faves.

Pitch Perfect. A few weeks ago I claimed on Facebook that Pitch Perfect was my power movie. That may be an understatement. My obsession is out of control.

My white wedges from Zara. These are my current favorites shoes out of all of my shoes. Which is… way too many shoes.

All James Taylor, all the time. For the last few weeks he is pretty much all I listen to. This happens every summer. Nothing new. Thirty years, still going strong.

Pluots! I wait all summer for these magical little apricot-plum hybrids. Fantastic. Cannot get enough.

The afterlight app on my iPhone. Over a year ago I shared my favorite photo apps – I still love and use all of those ones, but have added vscocam + afterlight to the mix. Many of you also ask how I get the little dots/hearts/bokeh on my photos and that is with the app picfx.

Like I even need to mention it for the zillionth time, but watching The West Wing on Netflix. I am seriously annoying my entire family because I talk about it everyday. Please talk about this with me, either here or on Twitter or something. I just want to talk West Wing drama all the time. Oh hey, 2005.

Freaking denim vests. Light and dark washes. I’m so embarrassing. Oh and my mirrored sunglasses that I mentioned last month are still going strong.

This tart cherry juice. ohmahgah. It’s so delicious. We’ve been mixing it with bourbon and ginger ale. Oh an these incredible bada bing cherries! As a freakish maraschino cherry lover… I think I love these even more and they are natural – no dye or bleach.

The plain coffee frappuccinos from Starbucks. No extra syrup or whipped cream, just plain. I love these things. So refreshing and delicious.

Every Rebecca Minkoff mac clutch and mini mac bag in the universe. Seriously. I first mentioned my periwinkle one back in March… UGH. Love. I have practically already destroyed this bag with use. So well loved. I have a black and mint patterned mini mac, and it’s awesome for a smaller bag, but the clutch size is definitely the perfect size. I got a navy and gold one recently, mostly because my periwinkle one is so, so dirty. I want ALL the colors. It’s bad.

Anything and everything caprese. Still. It’s just like… a life law of summer.

Extra non-makeupy things you love? SHARE.

49 Responses to “July Favorites: Food + Fun.”

Katie — July 31, 2013 @ 3:58 pm

Plain coffee frappuccinos! Yes, yes, yes. I can’t get ENOUGH of them lately. I keep trying to make them myself at home…but so far I’ve not succeeded. You should do it and tell me how.

Mari — July 31, 2013 @ 4:09 pm

I’m so jealous of your Rebecca Minkoff bags. I am DYING for one. Seriously, DYING. I need one in my life so badly it is sort of disgusting. Now I have to go to the site and ogle them.

Jessica — July 31, 2013 @ 4:13 pm

I want a RM mac! But I’m struggling with trying to decide if it’ll hold enough for me. I’ll decide eventually. :)

My July favorite has been kale smoothies- experimenting with different combinations of fruits, bases, and add-ins. So fun, delicious, and guilt-free.

• Jessica — July 31st, 2013 @ 5:20 pm

they also have a mac daddy that’s bigger!

Molly — July 31, 2013 @ 4:22 pm

I am obsessed with the West Wing! It is, by far, my favorite tv show of all time. My husband and I finished watching it a year ago and we still reference it all the time. We almost named our puppy Toby Ziegler :-D Who is your fav character?

Christina Gathright — July 31, 2013 @ 4:33 pm

Obsessed with Pitch Perfect! Even my husband liked it and he never likes movies with singing! Love pluots and coffee frapps! But then again I have a serious coffee addiction, which is tricky when you’re a breastfeeding momma. <— TMI? Lol

Jen of My Tiny Oven — July 31, 2013 @ 4:52 pm

I LOVE the West Wing, I just finished watching all 7 seasons on Netflixs. Loved every episode. I so wanna be CJ Craig when I grow up! And Josh Lyman… LOVE THAT GUY!!

cindy — July 31, 2013 @ 4:54 pm

I’ve been eating A TON of Angie’s Boom Chicka Pop popcorn …I also have been obsessed with Noosa yogurt for a while now and they just started making tart cherry! I love all the tart cherry things ever since I moved to Michigan. It’s just addicting. I also have been loving La Croix sparkling water…which makes me feel like my mother circa 1990 with the flavored sparkling water.

also, Anna Kendrick was on So You Think You Can Dance (I am long obsessed with that show…like a total freak for it) last night as a judge and she was totes adorbs! I kept having to explain to my husband who she was and that she’s in Pitch Perfect and he just doesn’t even know what I am talking about. ugh.

• Jessica — July 31st, 2013 @ 5:19 pm

i swear this is my life.

• Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe — August 1st, 2013 @ 5:44 pm

O.M.G. Angie’s Boom Chicka Pop popcorn…I just discovered it this weekend and essentially ate the ENTIRE ginormous bag. Ok, maybe minus a few handfuls, but pretty much the whole dang thing.
      Can’t get enough Pitch Perfect either. I have it on standby for days when I’m feeling grumpy. Fat Amy always cheers me up.

Wendy@ All Kinds of Miles — July 31, 2013 @ 4:55 pm

Hey Jessica! Just wanted to let you know Rebecca Minkoff is featured on Gilt today, and they have a bunch of the M.A.C. clutches for $179!

• Jessica — July 31st, 2013 @ 5:19 pm

ahhh!

Niki — July 31, 2013 @ 4:55 pm

Just need to share my find – went to get a strapless bra today from Victoria’s Secret – left with a FREE gift which is awesome – a pink and white striped beach/tote/duffle type bag with a ZIPPER and long strap! So what if I had to buy a few extra things to make it to the $75 minimum…this bag is awesome.

love these posts! and now I want a Starbucks!

Kristen — July 31, 2013 @ 4:56 pm

I just downloaded Afterlight… and now I’m obsessed, as if I needed another photo app obsession :)

miq — July 31, 2013 @ 5:07 pm

I watch (listen to) the West Wing on a continual loop while I study or play in the kitchen or do anything creative. Which means I have watched (peripherally) every episode about 9 times. Except for my top 18 to 20 favorites. Those I have seen probably a dozen or more times. I seriously want to lobby for a West Wing Trivial Pursuit game. I’ve tried to do the same thing with other shows, but none of them hold my interest in the same way. I think because there are always at least two or three really great/funny/touching/wickedly smart moments in EVERY episode that make you want to keep watching. Plus, Martin Sheen is just so good, I look for his name every single time I vote. Just in case.

• Katie P — August 1st, 2013 @ 5:26 pm

I love the idea of a West Wing Trivial Pursuit!

Stephanie — July 31, 2013 @ 5:42 pm

you can never have enough shoes and since you are dying over West wing I am all set to dive in and see what all the hype is about!

Lauren — July 31, 2013 @ 6:05 pm

Burrata. Love it. Can’t get enough of it.
    Lilly Pulitzer dresses. They make me feel very house-wifey.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — July 31, 2013 @ 6:56 pm

Thanks for relinking your old iphone app post! I was thinking about that post this week b/c I got a new iphone and rather than importing all kinds of crap I didnt want, I am starting fresh and was going to go search that post out – with 2 new ones. THANKS!

Meghan — July 31, 2013 @ 7:03 pm

Like every summer, I’m obsessed with the terrible teen programming that airs. Pretty Little Liars? Yes. Twisted? Yes. (Though sometimes when they discuss pop culture things from their childhood I want to throw myself out of the window because it makes me feel ancient.) Teen Wolf? Yes (with sugar on top while I cram POP chips into my mouth, please.)
    I’ve also been doing Tazo Chai latte concentrate + almond milk + a squirt of chocolate syrup over ice. Totally not my usual dirty iced chai, but waaaaay cheaper.

I’ve definitely seen (as in intently watched) the entirety of The West Wing twice. Almost three times because of when Bravo aired it in the mornings a few years back. I’ll talk to you about TWW for days.

Steph — July 31, 2013 @ 8:12 pm

I just found a love for denim vests as well, ten years later. I didn’t want to buy a new one, so I just stole my sister’s.

Sel — July 31, 2013 @ 9:07 pm

Current obsessions:

Movies: Everything Pacific Rim right now. I watched that movie and it blew my mind. I’m actually getting an artbook for it, which I surely haven’t done in…well, ever.

Music: Soundtracks. Pacific Rim. Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World’s End. Battlestar Galactica (2003 TV series). And anything by Hans Zimmer.

Clothing: my Whiskey Tango Foxtrot black hoodie which I am wearing everywhere. (it’s winter down here in Australia.)

Food: Baklava. Specifically pomegranate baklava. This stuff is divine. DIVINE.

Erin — July 31, 2013 @ 9:12 pm

You and my husband can have a sit-down session about The West Wing. He’s also watching it on Netflix. I can take about 15 minutes of it and then I’m bored to tears.

Melissa — July 31, 2013 @ 9:13 pm

That Starbucks drink looks so good, I haven’t been there in awhile and I am definitely due for a visit!

Cari — July 31, 2013 @ 9:42 pm

Do you know where in Pittsburgh you can buy the tart cherry juice in a store? or is it only available online? It sounds delicious!!

• Jessica — August 1st, 2013 @ 4:45 pm

whole foods!! that’s where i get it. :)

• Cari — August 6th, 2013 @ 2:47 pm

Thanks! I will look for it!

Esther — July 31, 2013 @ 10:13 pm

mmm frappuccinos. You know what else is really really good? A vanilla bean frappuccino with espresso in it. I get like one shot for a tall or two shots for a grande. I feel like if you like coffee ones you’ll like it.

Jenny — July 31, 2013 @ 10:13 pm

Dear Jessica,
    Have you ever tried an espresso frap? You must. Soon.
    Your recipes never fail me. It’s amazing. Thank you.

Tieghan — July 31, 2013 @ 11:15 pm

Jessica, I just watched pitch perfect last weekend on HBO. Oh my gosh, so in love. Every night I hope it is on. Seriously, I am craving watching it. I loved it!!

Ok and those ipone apps? YES!! I somehow must of missed last years post so I am so excited about this!

Monica — July 31, 2013 @ 11:44 pm

LOVE these roundup! Coffee fraps are the bomb, and light caramel fraps are another one of my favorites. The Zara wedges are gorgeous – have you seen the Zara skorts?! They’re everywhere on the fashion bloggosphere and I love ‘em to pieces…. I just wish they weren’t sold out every time I went to check in store.

Jaimee — July 31, 2013 @ 11:56 pm

Ah! I thought I was the only Perfect Pitch dork! I watch it every single time it pops up on HBO, which is basically nightly! And I second the Pretty Little Liars comment above! Obsessed! Happy August :)

Molly @ Bakelette — August 1, 2013 @ 6:32 am

LOVE Rebecca Minkoff!
    And I think you will really like #1 on this list:: http://www.buzzfeed.com/christinebyrne/31-amazing-things-to-cook-in-august
    and maybe #4!!

Kristina Rose — August 1, 2013 @ 8:30 am

I’ve been seriously OBSESSED with pluots too! I’ve been eating 2-3 every day and just can’t get enough. I NEED ALL THE PLUOTS.

Sam — August 1, 2013 @ 9:29 am

I’ve watched TWW forever and it makes me happy that so many people are discovering it via Netflix! I may or may not quote it regularly in real life.

elizabeth — August 1, 2013 @ 10:16 am

Totally obsessed with Anna Kendricks ‘cups’ song – is it bad I don’t even know the title, is it Cups?! Denim vests – sadly, yes I wear mine all the time. I just downloaded Afterlight – looks like fun. And I know it’s summer, but I have been dying for a pair of ankle boots AND a pair of cowboy boots, I know… I know. I have been holding onto the desire for nearly a year. What is wrong with me?!

p.s. ALL of your crumbs posts are my very favorite! I look forward to them each week. :)

Andrea — August 1, 2013 @ 11:17 am

Hello my name is andrea and I am addicted to everything….just a general fyi :-)

meghan n — August 1, 2013 @ 12:39 pm

Umm right there with you with RM purses! As a fellow devotee I need to share that they are having a flash sale on Gilt right now! If you aren’t already a member feel free to use my invite: http://www.gilt.com/invite/xomeghan26ox

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes — August 1, 2013 @ 2:38 pm

I love Red Jacket’s tart cherry juice!! I just did a review for their juice on my blog! :)

Kristen R. — August 1, 2013 @ 2:51 pm

I completely understand the Pitch Perfect obsession. That song with the cups, and the sing-off session, and pretty much the whole entire movie. Awesome. And I started to get into West Wing recently too. The writing is so clever. Plus, Rob Lowe. I mean, c’mon.

Katie P — August 1, 2013 @ 5:20 pm

Is there anything better that Aaron Sorkin dialogue??!! I am working my way through all the West Wing seasons right now too! My handsome man had never seen it so I decreed that we would watch it together start to finish! Now he’s hooked too!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance — August 1, 2013 @ 6:27 pm

Mmm tart cherry juice is SO delicious!

Emily @ Life on Food — August 1, 2013 @ 7:06 pm

My husband loves pitch perfect. It worries me. :)

Renee @ Awesome on $20 — August 2, 2013 @ 8:44 pm

I just watched the first season and a half of The West Wing in the past couple of days. I loved it. How did I miss it the first time?

Dominique — August 2, 2013 @ 11:22 pm

Thanks, now I’m craving ginger ale.
    During July I fell in love with the jasmine lime iced tea coolers at Peet’s. Is Peet’s just a CA thing? If it is, it’s probably worth a trip west just for that iced tea. It’s basically perfection.

Sarah — August 4, 2013 @ 12:24 pm

Those Zara wedges are so cute! But are they comfy too?? They’re on sale and I’m thisclose to making the impulse buy, but I don’t wanna kill my feet! Whatdaya thinK?

• Jessica — August 4th, 2013 @ 12:32 pm

they are fairly comfortable but not super comfortable. however, i will sacrifice anything for a pair of shoes so you might want to take my thoughts with a grain of salt. :)

• Sarah — August 4th, 2013 @ 2:11 pm

Well, being that who not so long ago I individually band-aided every one of my toes for the sake of wearing a pair of black wedges, I think “fairly comfortable” is good enough for me! Thanks :)

Grace (My Spare Oom) — August 5, 2013 @ 11:10 pm

I always love your “Favorites” posts! Obsessed with the song “Cups.”

I can’t get enough of Starbucks’s new Valencia Orange Refresher – tart lemonade-orange? Yesssss. Tastes like summer in a cup! Also I have been watching Merlin + Robin Hood on Netflix nonstop. So many lovely British actors with great hair + cheekbones…