tt-1-43

1. Me: the most boringest pizza eater ever.

2. I have a million appointments to make but am such a product of the internet generation that unless I can make them online, I just procrastinate and whine about making them. Like, I don’t even want to call and order that pizza. Horrible, horrible millennial. I wish I could just force myself to grow up.

3. Not really sure that I can deal with these chicken and waffle melts. I terribly want that for dinner.

4. We’ve already covered how my iPhone really enjoys autocorrecting things to the word “duck,” but this weekend it hit a new low when it autocorrected “naked” to “makes.” What? Since when is naked a horrible word that is not in the iPhone vocab? P.S. if you watched True Blood then you know exactly what I was referring to anyway. Completely innocent…

5. Super excited for football season because of the… food. Duh.

6. Regardless of how old I get/how my palette matures, I will forever be able to inhale funfetti desserts. And when I say funfetti, I mean straight from the box.

7. Oh my gosh. So much TV stuff to talk about. I’m annoyed with Dexter, even more annoyed with True Blood and speaking of TV shows that should have ended years ago to prevent the current ruining that is going on – did you see that Sandra Oh is leaving Grey’s Anatomy? Will this finally be the end? What awful, unrealistic, insane ending will they give her?

8. This is one of my all-time favorite meals. Truth: I made it last week and ate it four days in a row.

9. Since I’m perpetually stuck in the last decade, I’ve blown through so much of the West Wing that I’m now on the last season and will probably fall into a serious depression once I’m finished. The best discovery in the world was that there are actual (fairly newer) twitter accounts for the characters and of course, I lost like an hour of my life looking at them SINCE THEY ARE REAL PEOPLE AND ALL. Oomph. This is pretty awesome though. You know, the actual real people.

10. Okay, one more I’m-stuck-in-the-90s thing. Apparently Jane cosmetics is making a comeback which totally gave me a blast from the past because I used to beg my mom to take me to Hills where I would sit in the cosmetic aisles for hours and play with makeup. Yep… addicted since I was a kid.

11. Err…. I lied. One more: 31 things you desperately need from the 1996 delia’s catalog. If you’re a girl and around my age, please look at this. Pretty sure I was dying for #21. And that’s where most of my platform flip flops came from.

12. Don’t even talk to me about pumpkin for another month… unless of course you can manage a way to get me an iced pumpkin latte from Dunkin’ Donuts rightthisverysecond. Best friends forever.

81 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Lauren — August 20, 2013 @ 11:17 am

Just keep the faith! I just finished Neflix binging WW and all that’s keeping upbeat is the news of a possible movie: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/13/the-west-wing-movie-josh-malina-photos_n_1772914.html

• Jessica — August 20th, 2013 @ 11:22 am

omg.

Jamie @lifelovelemons — August 20, 2013 @ 11:17 am

Dunkin Pumpkin Coffee is back !!! Just so ya know :)

• Jessica — August 20th, 2013 @ 11:22 am

seriously?! i’m doomed.

Maggie — August 20, 2013 @ 11:25 am

HILLS IS WHERE THE TOYYYS ARE!

cindy — August 20, 2013 @ 11:26 am

Jane cosmetics were my jam! I hoarded one of their polishes up until a few years ago…it was a horrible, chunky, mess and I had to let it go. Maybe I’ll just have to replace it now!

aaaand, I definitely had and circled many of those delia’s items. polyester, graphic, floral button up, mary janes, roxy gear, peasant tops…yup. and MINI BACKPACKS…okay, I’m done.

Zainab @ Blahnik Baker — August 20, 2013 @ 11:36 am

Omg what? Christina is leaving?? I know I should have stopped watching that show ages ago but I can’t get myself to stop but maybe this is what I need. Who am I kidding, McDreamy is still there!! Wait he isn’t leaving right??

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — August 20, 2013 @ 11:42 am

I totally get you on the not wanting to call and make appointments….. I just called to make a dentist appointment… I was due for one in JULY.

I DIED looking at that old Delia’s catalog… No wonder we all typed LiKe tHiS on AOL Instant Messenger…..even the catalogs were doing it.

Courtney — August 20, 2013 @ 11:44 am

Okay, so I’m from Greensburg and I’m now moving back…I need to know where that pizza is from???

sally @ sallys baking addiction — August 20, 2013 @ 11:46 am

DD’s pumpkin menu will roll out in 6 days! Yes, I asked. Also – Delias platforms. Yes.

Kasey — August 20, 2013 @ 11:48 am

Oh man. Delia’s. Thanks for that. I used to be obsessed with that catalogue, highlighting everything I wanted and subtly leaving it where I knew my mom would find it… Pretty sure I had dozens of those kerchiefs. Good times.

Madeline — August 20, 2013 @ 12:07 pm

You need to start Newsroom after you are done with WW!

• Jessica — August 20th, 2013 @ 4:18 pm

it’s def next on my list – i’ve watched a bunch of episodes since i’m an HBO slave but i have to watch it from the beginning! :)

Angela @ Health's Angel — August 20, 2013 @ 12:12 pm

Re: pumpkin. UGH! I get so annoyed. It’s still AUGUST. I do not want to hear about pumpkin until September 22nd. I’m not ready to let go of my pluots, berries and summer squash yet! Waaahh.

Stephanie @cookinfanatic — August 20, 2013 @ 12:18 pm

#12 for the win. go away fall, it is not time for you yet. k thanks. the end. !!

Kate — August 20, 2013 @ 12:18 pm

Okay. So many things to say. First, I had that skirt in the Delia’s catalog, with the red arrow next to it? Yeah. I had it in blue, and the matching blue cardigan and camisole. Ridiculous. Also, I can’t believe how YOUNG the models look to me now, because when I was actually shopping Delia’s the girls looked SO MUCH older than me! I had all the bedding from Delia’a and platform sandals out the wazoo. OMG when did we get old?!

Kate — August 20, 2013 @ 12:20 pm

Oh and also – I JUST threw away the last of my Jane eyeshadow pots. I held onto them for so long and now they’re coming back?! I used to beg my dad to take me to Kmart so I could try all the lipsticks. Sigh.

Heather — August 20, 2013 @ 12:23 pm

I haven’t thought about Delia’s in YEARS – and I pretty much need everything on the list. Forever.

Laura — August 20, 2013 @ 12:23 pm

Jane and Delia’s in the same post?!? All the flashbacks, it’s making my brain hurt.

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — August 20, 2013 @ 12:24 pm

I need to watch the last True Blood, hah. I was spoiled for the ending though :\ I loved it when it first came out, but it’s been bleh since Season 3 I think. It’s like a trainwreck I can’t look away from though…

Tieghan — August 20, 2013 @ 12:27 pm

Thinking I need to do some funfetti Birthday treats for a certain 5 year olds B-day next week! Need to stock up on some pretty sprinkles! On and I am so with you on the pumpkin, at least wait till mid September!

Sarah R. — August 20, 2013 @ 12:30 pm

Delia’s + Jane cosmetics = two of my main obsessions from that time period. I *still* think about a red hoodie Delia’s had with some funky ribbon trim and how sad I was that I never got it. But, now that I’m thinking about it, it would be pretty dang easy to diy (it just won’t be whatever weird elmo/ muppet fabric they had used, which is probably okay seeing as I’m now a grown a** adult).

Maureen — August 20, 2013 @ 12:33 pm

Delia’s?? YES!!! I ordered half my wadrobe from them in the 90’s!

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen — August 20, 2013 @ 12:42 pm

Get this: my new dentist has an online appointment system now AND tiny TVs that you can watch while having your teeth cleaned. Is that catering to millenials or what?!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance — August 20, 2013 @ 12:46 pm

I seriously crack up at these posts. Really, with the Delia’s catalog?! SO needed that compass watch. hahaha

Heather — August 20, 2013 @ 12:47 pm

Ok, funny story not actually a movie, Josh Malina was just playing games. It was this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v52FLMOPSig. Which is great for two reasons.
    1) they made a campaign ad–for a candidate that WON!
    2) she is in Michigan (your favorite)

Bad because there really isn’t a movie ;(

Emily @ Life on Food — August 20, 2013 @ 12:52 pm

I really try to avoid phone calls too. We just bought a house. I don’t know how many times I think, if only I could just do this online – no human contact necessary!

Kristin — August 20, 2013 @ 1:08 pm

Are you watching Broadchurch? I’ve only seen the first one and I’m hooked and heard it is great (even if the subject matter is a little depressing). Counting down until Nashville is back!

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — August 20, 2013 @ 1:10 pm

Just about peed while looking and laughing through the dELIA’s catalog! I remember ALL those things! The handkerchief headband? The baggy jeans and crop top? The spaghetti strap dress you SO wanted bc it’s SO slutty? Hahaha. Love it!!

Jess — August 20, 2013 @ 1:15 pm

“makes” Eric was amazing.

Christina — August 20, 2013 @ 1:27 pm

So with you on #9! I had seen every ep of TWW when it was on TV, but had to see them all again on streaming Netflix (even though I have them all on DVD). And that link you posted of their Twitter feeds, made my heart skip a beat. Love them. I wanted to be WH press secretary for the longest time because of CJ Cregg.

Carissa — August 20, 2013 @ 1:42 pm

Despite the fact that I was dying for everything in the Delia’s catalog, all my back to school shopping was done at Hills or Jamesway. Also, I remember the first time I came upon a Delia’s store. It was awesome!

Lauren @ The Highlands Life — August 20, 2013 @ 1:42 pm

The delia’s shoe collection? Oh yeah. I was all over that.

LIzzy — August 20, 2013 @ 1:43 pm

I live outside Philadelphia, and my Dunkin had pumpkin this morning when I went to get my coffee! They might have it afterall, just ask!

Michaela — August 20, 2013 @ 2:12 pm

Delia’s! Flashback! Is it just me or does that stuff remind you of the movie Clueless?

betty (the sweaty betty) — August 20, 2013 @ 2:18 pm

ugh. I don’t want to talk about greys. at all. what a b.

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) — August 20, 2013 @ 2:25 pm

I don’t wanna hear about pumpkin for a month either! Why do ppl rush it?!

Lauren — August 20, 2013 @ 2:27 pm

3 TBLS funfetti mix, 2 TBLS water/milk/or yogurt, microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. Top with ice cream and extra sprinkles :D My snack before dinner lol!

Rebecca — August 20, 2013 @ 3:12 pm

I lived for the Delia’s catalog! I remember convincing my mother than an appropriate first-day-of-6th grade outfit was a short navy sundress with yellow daises and a pair of black high top Converses. I also rocked a khaki maxi skirt with cargo pockets. CARGO POCKETS on a twill maxi skirt!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — August 20, 2013 @ 3:16 pm

Autocorrects on iphone are always so interesting. Lol I almost want to take it off b/c it autocorrects to words like Duck that I know I got right. No autocorrect needed :)

And pumpkin. Girl I know. It’s here already! And I’ve been making stuff with it all year :)

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor — August 20, 2013 @ 3:19 pm

Oh man, I was just reminiscing with a friend about the platform sandals. I loved those things!

Katie — August 20, 2013 @ 3:21 pm

Delias! Oh heavens, I had forgotten all about those rad clothes. I had a friend who’s mom let her exclusively shop there, and i was so jealous it hurt.

Larry — August 20, 2013 @ 3:43 pm

Ummm, so since I’m pretty much a 12 year-old girl, might I suggest an obsession with Pretty Little Liars? It’s super high school, but my pookes PROMISED me that it gets less high school-y as the seasons progress. AND THERE ARE SO MANY SECRETS!! omg

mountain girl heidi — August 20, 2013 @ 4:05 pm

I don’t even want to talk about Grey’s Anatomy. How can the show go on without her?

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food — August 20, 2013 @ 4:10 pm

I CANNOT handle the Delia’s catalog! Such a great flashback…and I thought the clothes were SOOO cool!

Jeannette — August 20, 2013 @ 4:14 pm

i felt the same way you do (regarding WW) when i finished Six Feet Under. I sat there balling my eyeballs out while Sia sang to me and then it was just over. I sat there blinking at the tv screen for about 10 mins before i moved. i just couldn’t… and the worst part, i still feel lost when i think about it. ok, drama, but really i understand. that 70’s show. house (don’t EVEN get me started on HOUSE!). i don’t even want to discuss the pending dexter series finale. i can’t even handle THAT right now…

Celeste — August 20, 2013 @ 4:40 pm

Jane had the best mascara ever… I AM SO EXCITED

Ruthy @ Omeletta — August 20, 2013 @ 5:00 pm

I’m just ignoring your True Blood mention since, ugh- that show! I don’t know why I keep watching it, since it makes me throw my hands up to the heavens.

HOWEVER- I am dying over the Delia’s catalogue link from Buzzfeed. How was it spelled again? dEliAs? Reminds me of my first email address: aNgeLG00DdeSs83@aol.com. Hey, I was with the times!

• Jessica — August 20th, 2013 @ 5:25 pm

ha! my email was almost identical… as was my accompanying AOL instant messenger screen name.

Kimberly — August 20, 2013 @ 5:03 pm

I have the dress A on #10!! Yes I said have. I swear I am not a hoarder.

Meg — August 20, 2013 @ 5:33 pm

We’ve still been trying to find a good pizza place in pgh ; it’s been 5 years . I wanted to lick my iPad seeing that picture, please where is that pizza from??

Maria — August 20, 2013 @ 8:34 pm

Jane and Delia’s- the best! No wonder we are bff’s! :)

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — August 20, 2013 @ 9:17 pm

Umm, tell me about it, I’ve been avoiding calling and scheduling my 5,000 mile car service for weeks now. It’s not a big deal and yet, I can’t bring myself to PICK.UP.THE.PHONE.

Buzzfeed needs to now write a post about the Limited Too (not the scary, weird one, but the more normal version that was around during my teenage years).

1. Pingback: Charred Hatch Chile and Corn Enchiladas