tt-1-44

1. I did a little closet cleanout two weeks ago but am feeling the need to do a HUGE closet purge today. Which isn’t good, because I have a large amount of work to do but since I’m such an all-or-nothing freak it’s like my brain won’t let me do anything until this closet is done.

2. Target is killing me.

3. Ah! A bunch of you sent me this awesome link – an ode to dj tanner. Love. Do I even need to say more?

4. I seriously don’t know what to do with my life since finishing the West Wing. I tweeted last week that I had watched the entire series in six weeks and many of you said… watch it again. So I think I might. Plus, it’s like when you finish an awesome book and it was just SO good that you can’t even imagine beginning a new one. Know what I mean? Yeah yeah.

5. I have been DYING over this cafe mocha punch since yesterday morning. It sounds so freaking good.

6. Um. So you know how I recently started to really love donuts? Yeah. A few weeks ago my friend Dervla told me about this coin purse. BUT. Don’t you think I need these shoes? And this bracelet? Obviously.

7. Speaking of jewelry, riddle me this: why do I come home and immediately take off all of my jewelry and set it on the dining room table? Then I go upstairs and change. And let it sit there. Like why don’t I just take it off upstairs where it belongs?

8. I don’t get why people are so mad that Ben Affleck is going to be Batman. I mean, sure, maybe he sucked in that Daredevil movie or whatever, but he also made Argo and then gave that speech that I loved at an awards show in the Spring about not holding grudges and and and… I’m just apathetic, really.

9. I have no TV thoughts this week. Still annoyed with Dexter. Just… meh. Oh but I saw a preview for Trophy Wife and sort of want to love it since Josh Lyman is a main character. Or, you know, whatever that guy’s real name is.

10. 32 extremely upsetting things about the class of 2017. Don’t I sound like I was born in 1932 or something? When I was your age…

11. I kind of want to cut my hair. Twice in my life I’ve cut off over 12 inches just like that – boom, made the decision, done. I don’t get distraught about it because it’s hair – it grows back. However… I’ve never been this old before, and am afraid if I cut my hair now I will never have it this long again. WAH. Life is hard.

12. You know how people use their exercise equipment as laundry drying racks? Well. That’s what I use my photography tripod for. That’s pretty much all I use it for. It currently is holding eight tank tops. At least I’m doing laundry.

75 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

dervla — August 27, 2013 @ 11:02 am

ha! YES YOU NEED THOSE SHOES :))) Have you moved on to Orange is the New Black yet?

• Jessica — August 27th, 2013 @ 11:03 am

it’s on my list but i haven’t yet! i’m too depressed over finishing the west wing… ha.

jamie @ arugulaholic — August 27, 2013 @ 11:06 am

All should be forgiven with number 7 because at least you’re doing laundry. That is if your husband says anything.

Becca — August 27, 2013 @ 11:09 am

I have been going through the same hair crisis and wrote about it here: http://beccatochman.com/2013/08/22/to-chop-or-not/! I am still undecided, but hair always grows back so I am thinking of taking the plunge.

Belinda @themoonblushbaker — August 27, 2013 @ 11:09 am

Sorry number ten just made me laugh out loud… nothing better than back street boys references.
    Your hair will grow back if you cut it! I when the big chop a year ago have not regretted it since. I have to get my hair cut every two week but hey at least I know it is still alive right?

Kristen — August 27, 2013 @ 11:10 am

I was recently upset about a show so I went to Orange is the New Black and I’m healed.

Lori — August 27, 2013 @ 11:12 am

Shorter hair is not a death sentence. It grows back. If you leave it long enough to put in a ponytail, then it helps with those days when you are transitioning back to long hair.

Anne — August 27, 2013 @ 11:12 am

Ugh. Dexter. It’s totally “meh”….

Rachel — August 27, 2013 @ 11:12 am

It was only on for one season (which is a heartbreaker) but you should check out “studio 60 on the sunset strip.” it was another Aaron Sorkin show (writer of WW) and has Bradley Whitford aka Josh Lyman as one of the main characters. sooo good!

Jamie @lifelovelemons — August 27, 2013 @ 11:13 am

Those kate spade shoes are the cutest things I’ve ever seen

Chrissy — August 27, 2013 @ 11:20 am

Hahaha, no one has ever been as old as they are now. You are not alone :)

Kate — August 27, 2013 @ 11:23 am

Don’t cut your hair!!!

Cari — August 27, 2013 @ 11:26 am

I feel ya on the long hair thing! My hair is super long right now, and I have been really thinking about chopping it, but fear always stops me. Good luck with your decision!

Brian @ A Thought For Food — August 27, 2013 @ 11:27 am

OMG OMG OMG… I loved the BuzzFeed article. And it makes me a little sad. I need some Ecto Cooler right now.

Bridget — August 27, 2013 @ 11:30 am

Totally guilty of the “jewelry drop;” I think (especially if you were a lot of heavy bracelets and necklaces) it just feels so good to get it off immediately. Same thing with throwing my hair up into a pony as soon as I get home!

joan trueblood — August 27, 2013 @ 11:41 am

I feel the same way about Downton (sp?) Abbey as you do about West Wing. Best TV show EVER. I’ve watched all three seasons multiple times. I’m going to be sad when it’s over….

Eddie — August 27, 2013 @ 11:45 am

Hey,

I’ve been wondering about #7 for almost 5 years myself. BAAHAAHAAHAAHAA

Sarah — August 27, 2013 @ 11:48 am

I have never ever loved a show as much as Breaking Bad. First 2 episodes may not necessarily hook you in, but then it takes you for a bonkers ride the rest of the way. Netflix it from beginning, you will be so glad you did. I adore it and have never been so depressed about a show ending. I am not even a tv person and my life feels so sad with Breaking Bad coming to an end. My bf and I watched it for hours on end to see what happens next. Boardwalk Empire is also good, btw.

Nicole — August 27, 2013 @ 11:50 am

Too bad these neon donut leggings are sold out, they’d be perfect for you.

Megan — August 27, 2013 @ 11:57 am

I just watched the entire first season of Revenge in 6 days and well into the second in less than 24 hours. (First season on Netflix; bogarted my boyfriend’s Hulu+ account for the second season!) Other shows on Netflix: Orange is the New Black and House of Cards… binged on season 1 in an equally disturbingly short amount of time.

As for the class of 2017: I babysat for members of that class and still keep in touch with them and EVERY time we talk, I feel like I say “back in my day…”

Chelsey N — August 27, 2013 @ 12:04 pm

I’ve watched West Wing in its entirety probably five times in my life. Never, ever, ever gets old and seems to always be spot on relevant.

Emily @ Life on Food — August 27, 2013 @ 12:15 pm

We just bought a house and are moving shortly. That means closet clean out is in my future. I am not looking forward to it one bit.

meredith — August 27, 2013 @ 12:19 pm

I loved DJ! I loved all of the 80s shows growing up and appreciate them more and more every day. In fact, last time my son (9) and my friend and her daughter (8) watched Punky Brewster on DVD and I swear we were all so engrossed and happy watching it that it made me think of how wonderful tv was back then and how different and crummy it is today! lol

Liselle — August 27, 2013 @ 12:37 pm

I felt the same way about Gilmore Girls as you do about West Wing. I’m ready to watch it all again.

Lauren @ The Highlands Life — August 27, 2013 @ 12:56 pm

I vote you start the Friday Night Lights series on Netflix next. Getting sucked back into highschool? Yep, it has totally happened to my husband and I and we love it!

Vanessa V — August 27, 2013 @ 1:27 pm

Closet cleanout? I love hand-me downs :)

Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch — August 27, 2013 @ 2:05 pm

I know what you mean about getting so into a series! I think the good ones are best watched in succession like that via whatever online or movie program you use. That way, when you feel like a marathon, you can marathon!!!! Not that I know anything about that…

Ashley — August 27, 2013 @ 2:27 pm

I need that purse, shoes, and bracelet as well!! Twinsies! Ummm, BAD about your tripod!! I know someone you can send it to instead…. ;)

Tiffany — August 27, 2013 @ 2:51 pm

I’m the same with Gilmore Girls as you are with West Wing…which is why I’m on my 3rd run of the series. What is wrong with me??

Rachel — August 27, 2013 @ 3:42 pm

I know that West Wing withdrawal feeling so well. I felt like I was losing my friends! I don’t know if I’ve ever found another TV character I relate to as much as CJ Cregg. You’re not alone!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — August 27, 2013 @ 3:44 pm

My photography tripod is going to be donated here in the next couple weeks. I am moving and don’t think it’s worth bringing with. I havent used it in 2011 and shoot freehand for everything. And if I ever need one, I’ll buy one that actually is sort of decent. Not what I bought back then. lol

And your hair, personally….don’t cut it. Or just take off maybe 4 inches or so. But I wouldn’t take off like 12. But that’s me. It’s your hair and you gotta love it. It’s always so pretty and I love the length :)

dixya| food, pleasure, and health — August 27, 2013 @ 4:09 pm

loved that shoe and bracelet..I wish I had that hair problem :( XOXO

Kristy — August 27, 2013 @ 5:16 pm

Start watching Orange Is The New Black, Greys Anatomy or Battlestar Galactica from 2005 (if you have nerdy tendencies like me) and you’ll be very happy again!!

Elizabeth H — August 27, 2013 @ 5:21 pm

A lot of those “disappointing things about the class of 2017″ aren’t true…at least the ones about them not remembering things. My younger brother is the class of 2017 and I KNOW he remembers most of those things.

Amy @ So There. by Amy — August 27, 2013 @ 5:37 pm

Number 7.
    I seriously just started forcing myself to walk all the way to the bedroom before I start ditching shoes, jewelry…bras…. Because I was doing the same thing!

Love you. Love your blog.

Becca @ One Girl — August 27, 2013 @ 5:57 pm

I am drooling over that cup of ice cream/frozen yogurt up there! I am glad to know I am not the only one to de-jewelry the minute I get home! Mine usually ends up in my purse or dresser/night stand – which is completely silly since my jewelry get’a stored on a jewelry tree on my dresser just inches away!

Kristi — August 27, 2013 @ 7:11 pm

I love the class of 2017 post. Haha. It’s a trip down memory lane.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — August 27, 2013 @ 7:12 pm

Headed to read the DJ Tanner thing right now, lol! Loved her!

Tieghan — August 27, 2013 @ 8:04 pm

Okay, okay, okay can we talk hair for a second?

Mine has been long my entire life. Long like past my shoulders and hitting my lower back. I am so tired of it and ready for a change, but I am pretty sure me with short hair is just not a good idea. Like at all. I need something new though. Any suggestions? You are the beauty expert!

Sues — August 27, 2013 @ 8:29 pm

A) My husband always thinks I’m weird because I take off my jewelry the moment I step in the door from work (well, after washing my hands from the grimy public transportation. B) How did I not know Lindt made those?? Life= changed.

Robyn — August 27, 2013 @ 9:22 pm

agreed re: ben affleck! what’s the fuss about?! i can’t see how he could be any worse than christian bale’s creepy, raspy, predator-ish batman voice!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — August 27, 2013 @ 9:38 pm

This post makes me want to give The West Wing another go. I tried to watch it last year, but just couldn’t get into it. According to everyone else on the planet, though, I was just being ridiculous and it is the greatest show ever.

• Jessica — August 28th, 2013 @ 7:11 am

no, don’t worry… i’ve watching abut 20 episodes of breaking bad and can’t get into it at ALL. there, i said it.

Annie @ my fuel and fitness diaries — August 27, 2013 @ 9:53 pm

All I have to say is…TV just isnt the same without shows like full house. Its been alllll downhill since that show went off the air ;)

Natalie Bakan — August 27, 2013 @ 10:01 pm

#4…Just saw a preview for Nashville, premieres Sept 25. You could rematch that on abc.com

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — August 27, 2013 @ 10:44 pm

I saw that buzzfeed post–and it made me feel SO old. I love the one where the woman is blowing on the video game to get it to work, ahhh…memories.

Also, cut your hair off! I cut off about 8 inches a few months ago (and donated it to Pantene, similiar to Locks of Love) and it was so liberating. Plus, I’m sort of lazy when it comes to my hair and it was such a nice change.

Renee @ Awesome on $20 — August 28, 2013 @ 1:26 am

President Bartlet is about to announce he’s running for reelection right now on my TV!!!

Orla — August 28, 2013 @ 4:54 am

I just discovered your blog and upon reading this West Wing existential crisis I know I’ll be a loyal follower!! Haha! It’s a grieving process for sure! I tried replacing it with House of Cards but DON’T DO IT!!!! So So not like the West Wing in any way! :( x

LouAnn — August 28, 2013 @ 6:28 am

so with you on number 9!

Pru — August 28, 2013 @ 7:37 am

So darn adorable…. and I laughed all the way through this one. Yep, jewelry comes right off…in the dining room, but on the hutch for me, not the table. I reserve the table for unfolded laundry. :-)

I chuckled at your “getting your haircut vs age” comment. I thought oh, what are you? 20? 25, tops? So cute. Wait until you’re 51 like me. My hair is still down to my waist. It terrifies me to get it cut, because like you said, I may never grow it back again. I refuse to get old. Not gonna do it.

I tried the Hello My Name is… I think it was supposed to be like a butter crunch. At least I know that crunch was in the name. I was kind of disappointed because it didn’t crunch. I guess I was expecting a toffee type of texture, but totally didn’t get it. Then I tried to pawn it off on my co-workers, and they were all “in my face offended” (joking)..because I was trying to give them something that I wouldn’t even eat! Lol… Jerks. I love them. Unfortunately, it ended up in the garbage.

Have a lovely day lovey…. I so look forward to these posts.

• Sunny — August 28th, 2013 @ 7:58 am

We have 3 episodes left in my 5th, boyfriend’s first, watching of West Wing. I would say, “Watch it again!” Though we are gonna give Sorkin’s new show, The Newsroom, a shot. Though I love me some Bradley Whitford (Josh Lyman)!

Emily — August 28, 2013 @ 8:09 am

I’m not sure if it appears the same to everyone, but under your this post, there is an ad, however it uses the same font that your entire sight uses….tricky tricky. It’s titled “Pro Dribbling How-tos” and I thought to myself, this girl knows something about everything…then I caught on, and realized this is a perfect example of how my brain doesn’t function properly until I’ve had some coffee.

• Emily — August 28th, 2013 @ 8:09 am

ewwwww, and I wrote “sight” and not “site”….cringe cringe cringe…

• Jessica — August 28th, 2013 @ 8:16 am

haha i wish i knew something about everything… it’s just a space where my ad network places ads. :)

The Mrs. — August 28, 2013 @ 8:26 am

I don’t just do the jewelry drop but the shoe drop, purse drop, I could go on! I know Candace so I just sent her Ode to DJ Tanner!!

1. Pingback: Tuesday Things. - Ben Affleck To play Batman in 2015