tt-1-44

1. I did a little closet cleanout two weeks ago but am feeling the need to do a HUGE closet purge today. Which isn’t good, because I have a large amount of work to do but since I’m such an all-or-nothing freak it’s like my brain won’t let me do anything until this closet is done.

2. Target is killing me.

3. Ah! A bunch of you sent me this awesome link – an ode to dj tanner. Love. Do I even need to say more?

4. I seriously don’t know what to do with my life since finishing the West Wing. I tweeted last week that I had watched the entire series in six weeks and many of you said… watch it again. So I think I might. Plus, it’s like when you finish an awesome book and it was just SO good that you can’t even imagine beginning a new one. Know what I mean? Yeah yeah.

5. I have been DYING over this cafe mocha punch since yesterday morning. It sounds so freaking good.

6. Um. So you know how I recently started to really love donuts? Yeah. A few weeks ago my friend Dervla told me about this coin purse. BUT. Don’t you think I need these shoes? And this bracelet? Obviously.

7. Speaking of jewelry, riddle me this: why do I come home and immediately take off all of my jewelry and set it on the dining room table? Then I go upstairs and change. And let it sit there. Like why don’t I just take it off upstairs where it belongs?

8. I don’t get why people are so mad that Ben Affleck is going to be Batman. I mean, sure, maybe he sucked in that Daredevil movie or whatever, but he also made Argo and then gave that speech that I loved at an awards show in the Spring about not holding grudges and and and… I’m just apathetic, really.

9. I have no TV thoughts this week. Still annoyed with Dexter. Just… meh. Oh but I saw a preview for Trophy Wife and sort of want to love it since Josh Lyman is a main character. Or, you know, whatever that guy’s real name is.

10. 32 extremely upsetting things about the class of 2017. Don’t I sound like I was born in 1932 or something? When I was your age…

11. I kind of want to cut my hair. Twice in my life I’ve cut off over 12 inches just like that – boom, made the decision, done. I don’t get distraught about it because it’s hair – it grows back. However… I’ve never been this old before, and am afraid if I cut my hair now I will never have it this long again. WAH. Life is hard.

12. You know how people use their exercise equipment as laundry drying racks? Well. That’s what I use my photography tripod for. That’s pretty much all I use it for. It currently is holding eight tank tops. At least I’m doing laundry.

75 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Sara — August 28, 2013 @ 8:37 am

I love the link about the 32 Extremely Upsetting Facts … That link made me feel very old lol.

Michele — August 28, 2013 @ 9:55 am

Go ahead and cut your hair! I am 44 and have chopped off 12″ more than once within the past 10 years. I donate it to Locks of Love. The older I get the faster my hair seems to grow! Go figure?! I LOVE my long hair and ALWAYS go back to it.

Lynn — August 28, 2013 @ 11:28 am

I use my home trainer to hang coat hangers. I am wondering how your tripod looks. Mine wouldn’t hold eight tank tops! It seems like a creative option to hang more laundry without buyig an actual laundry drying rack.

Barbara | Creative Culinary — August 28, 2013 @ 11:30 am

Two things. I don’t get the Ben Affleck thing either. Did he do some bad work? Sure, but don’t we all and besides he was temporarily blinded by J Lo. Or maybe blind-sided. But I will forever love him for Good Will Hunting and both Argo and The Town were great flicks. Beyond that? I think I love him when I see photos of him with his kids. I hate feeding the paparazzi machine but sometimes I do look through those rags and I’ve seen the sweetest photos of him with his daughter Violet; helping her wash the car or riding her bike. Makes my heart melt; so for me his worth is measured far more by the person he seems to be and so I’m good with him being in whatever movie he chooses!

Now on to #11. You know about my daughter and guess you might know she lost all of her beautiful hair. I mean model gorgeous long, thick, wavy hair. Before the chemo could do its thing we decided to have a hair-cutting party and she got a short cut; thinking it would be easier to make some transitions than have her wake up to that long beautiful hair in clumps on her pillow.

I can not express enough to you how much everyone LOVED her shorter hair; men in particular! She thought she looked ‘older’ but at 29 (30 in September…you think YOU feel old?) she was older. No one else had that consideration; we just felt she looked more sophisticated and so beautiful. I say go for it; the stuff grows back but you might just find a new side to Jessica. Not old (puh-lease) but maybe a more grownup version of the same girl who still loves sprinkles!

julie zimmerman — August 28, 2013 @ 12:47 pm

The taking off of the rings and earrings, i do the same exact thing every day!! too funny!

• julie zimmerman — August 28th, 2013 @ 12:49 pm

Also my hair was down to my butt and I cut it off in a pixie cut. LOVE IT!!!! I thought at 43 it was time for it go to. Downside is you have to get it cut so often and i am horrible about getting to the salon!

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — August 28, 2013 @ 1:55 pm

Oh my gosh! That Class Of list is cracking me up!
    And I feel the same about my hair! It’s almost touching my bum area and I’m afraid if I cut it, that could be the end! I used to cut it every TWO years…and I mean I would cut off 12+ inches! And donate it. And now, I’m scared to cut it.

Jillian — August 28, 2013 @ 5:08 pm

All I am going to say is West Wing = The Newsroom. You will love it.

Rebecca — August 28, 2013 @ 6:30 pm

Laughing… I do the same thing with my jewelry!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance — August 28, 2013 @ 11:06 pm

YOU are killing me by posting those Lindt bars! Seriously, I just can’t!

lisabella — August 28, 2013 @ 11:34 pm

I’ve watched The West Wing three times now. It gets better every viewing. We tend to stall out near the end of the 3rd Season because seeing Simon die makes me sob, big time. But then we get moving again and zoom through the rest. Best. Show. Ever.

Marika — August 29, 2013 @ 11:18 am

Have you watched Scandal yet? Or Suits? Highly recommend both to everyone, you will be hooked in a second :)

Victoria V — August 29, 2013 @ 1:42 pm

I’m on my third watching of The West Wing. My husband got me into the show a few years ago and then every so often I have to rewatch it. It’s so good. Love. LOVE. We’re starting season 3 tonight. Woo!

Scandal is good too, or at least the first season. Haven’t watched the second season since it’s not on Netflix yet. You’ll like it though.

• Susan — September 2nd, 2013 @ 12:44 pm

Season two of Scandal takes it to a whole new level of “good.” You’ll love it.

Elisse — August 29, 2013 @ 9:31 pm

You need to watch Studio 60 (same writer). It starts a little slow, but you will LOVE it. And then you will be destroyed it only lasted one season. I’ve re-watched The West Wing three times now. Yeah. The pilot episode is still one of the best television episodes of all time.

jennie — August 31, 2013 @ 2:25 pm

#7. for real.

Susan — September 2, 2013 @ 1:35 pm

I don’t know if “Sportsnight” is available anywhere but it’d would be great fun to watch the early work of a lot of your favorites today. Might have been the best show not enough people watched! Check it out you West Wingers…..

Heather — September 2, 2013 @ 10:07 pm

West Wing! So good. Watching it again it is a great idea… I think I need to do that. Thanks for sharing the suggestion!

Larry — September 4, 2013 @ 4:55 pm

Do you watch Pretty Little Liars? If not YOU NEED TO WATCH PRETTY LITTLE LIARS! Like, seriously. I’m currently obsessed. I’m gonna tweet at you now so you’ll watch it. WATCH ITTTTTTT.