Tuesday Things.

tt-1-50

1. I’ll be cool if I don’t see another cupcake for a few months. Or maybe like four days.

2. Completely losing it over this coconut angel food cake with greek yogurt frosting. WHAT! See: already moving closer to cake.

3. Okay. Seriously, how badly do I need to throw this 80s birthday party? I can’t even take it.

4. I actually referred to myself as going “balls to the wall” in a semi professional description last week. So pro. Ugh.

5. I don’t really think I can discuss Dexter yet (though I will in the comments section if you want! beware, comments may = spoilers!) but I actually found the ending to be perfect. I know most people hated it. They are comparing it to Seinfeld. I’m in a different boat… oh ha ha. Pun intended. Hilarious.

6. My life was made last week when Allison Janney performed the jackal. I’m STILL (re)watching the West Wing. Hmmpf.

7. Last week a package I had delivered for my husband’s birthday came two days earlier than expected and he saw it. I was devastated because I love giving people gifts that they don’t know about it. Then when I went to wrap his gifts, I realized we only had Christmas wrapping paper. Major fail. I truly thought we had birthday wrapping paper and I didn’t buy any in an attempt to avoid extra clutter. Also: I always wait until the last minute. Lesson learned. (but probably not.)

8. This is the best DIY homemade pumpkin spice latte I’ve tried. Also have made it with coconut milk (like real coconut milk, from the can) and… wowza.

9. THIS. what a messy desk says about you. Sooooooo what if your “desk” is essentially everywhere when you work from home?

10. Have I told you before that I don’t like nutella? I think I have. Just not a fan. I said this last week and watched some eyes pop out of heads. I can’t help it. Chocolate peanut butter reigns supreme.

11. OMG! YES! 19 reasons raisins should be put in jail. It could not be more true.

12. Yesterday I broke a bowl, my favorite glass pitcher and two glasses – all at different times. Let’s pretend that’s good luck?

61 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Julie — September 24, 2013 @ 10:53 am

I LOVE that episode of West Wing! Did you see that Allison Janney has a new show coming on CBS?

• Jessica — September 24th, 2013 @ 11:04 am

yes! can’t wait and hope it’s good. :)

Debi — September 24, 2013 @ 10:55 am

I’m so sad Dexter is over forever. I’m not sure how I wanted it to end, but I think they did a good job wrapping up all the story lines.

Erica — September 24, 2013 @ 10:56 am

SO if they had ended it ended it with him on the boat..I would have been bummed. But the actual ending- absolutely perfect. As I said to Josh, there was no “normal” or “OK” way to end Dexter. Really, off into the sunset? Dexter? I think not

• Jessica — September 24th, 2013 @ 11:04 am

exactly! not possible.

Kelly — September 24, 2013 @ 10:58 am

I totally agree about Dexter. They ended it perfectly. Just the way it should have been. I mean, it’s Dex; did people really think there would be a happy ending?

• Jessica — September 24th, 2013 @ 11:04 am

right! a show about a psychopath has to have a psycho ending.

Connie — September 24, 2013 @ 11:10 am

I so agree with #11!! There should be reason #20: Defiling a delightful carrot cake. But maybe there should be rules against putting vegetables in cakes, as well.

• Amanda — September 24th, 2013 @ 9:40 pm

I couldn’t agree more! Raisins ruin everything, and I am always so disappointed when I discover them I’m carrot cake!

Ashley — September 24, 2013 @ 11:20 am

I loathe nutella!!!!!!!!! Dexter….just not sure.

Meghan @ Cake 'n' Knife — September 24, 2013 @ 11:25 am

Thank you for being the first person to agree with me about Dexter!! A happy ending just wouldn’t work and him going to jail or dying would be just waaaaay too obvious. Hopefully leaving it open like that will mean a return to the show after Michael C Hall takes a well-deserved break….

Sarah — September 24, 2013 @ 11:27 am

I hate Nutella and raisins too. TWC quit airing CBS in our market. I was devastated to find out that CBS owns Showtime. I’ve only seen the first 3 episodes of Dexter. I got so far behind, I don’t know if I’ll ever finish watching the last season.

cindy — September 24, 2013 @ 11:34 am

#9 from why raisins should be put in jail is more than reason enough!
    PS, I spent all weekend perfecting my chocolate cupcake recipe…for science and world peace.

Jamie — September 24, 2013 @ 11:42 am

You have made my day! I have not eaten nutella since my junior year abroad in france when I ate an entire jar on the train from Nice to Paris and I am literally eating AROUND the raisins in my trail mix while I sit here and read this post. I love it. As always, you make my day just a little brighter. :-)

Jesse — September 24, 2013 @ 11:43 am

still can’t believe you do not like nutella! sacrilege!

Julie — September 24, 2013 @ 11:47 am

I don’t care for Nutella either. It’s too much hazelnut.

Maya — September 24, 2013 @ 11:55 am

Totally agree on Nutella!!!!! Too sickly sweet. Peanuts trump hazelnuts, dark chocolate trumps milk (I know you disagree on that one). I used to love Dark Chocolate Dreams but now my weird tastebuds only like SUPER dark chocolate so even that is too sweet for me.

Victoria — September 24, 2013 @ 11:56 am

DEXTER SPOILER ALERT (for those who aren’t caught up): I totally get why Dexter did what he did (no way would there be a happy ending on that show), but the fact that Deb ended up becoming a vegetable was messed up in my book. After everything she went through, prevailing through it all, it was a disgraceful way to end her on the show. At least kill off Hannah or something! She would’ve deserved it more than Deb!

Sues — September 24, 2013 @ 11:57 am

I agree about Dexter, too. No other way to end it and have it be believable. Unless he died… which I would have been sad about. I didn’t love what he did with Deb, but I get it. Wah, it’s over :(

Shavavian — September 24, 2013 @ 11:58 am

I am (for the first time) watching The West Wing right now too!! It’s a disturbingly good show, considering the fact that politics are dreadfully boring and sometimes I have no clue what they’re talking about. Nice “Tuesday Things” list. :)

Melanie B — September 24, 2013 @ 12:01 pm

I need to know what is on top of that cupcake! ????

BTW – not a hazelnut fan, either.

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs — September 24, 2013 @ 12:23 pm

Nutella — Thumbs up
    Raisins — THUMBS DOWN

Breaking dishes I love always makes me sad — sorry to hear about your favorite pitcher!

Lauren @ Healthy Food For Living — September 24, 2013 @ 1:24 pm

I’m still mulling over the Dexter finale. Faking his own death and becoming a reclusive lumberjack? Fine. I totally get that this now leaves an opening for a spin-off show (and I wouldn’t have liked an ending that saw Dexter’s demise).. but I hate that all of a sudden – in the last few episodes – Dex somehow comes to trust Hannah enough to leave Harrison with her. That story line just left a bad taste in my mouth. I also would have loved to see a happy ending for Deb & Joey. Oh, and one other thing! It would have been interesting to see how Batista & Masuka reacted to finding out the truth about who Dexter really is.

Ok, I’ve obviously spent too much time thinking about this ;).

• Jessica — September 24th, 2013 @ 1:34 pm

agree agree!
      i LOVED quinn and deb – but, i feel like deb had to die. there was no way she could survive and live happily knowing the truth about dexter. i said at the beginning that i felt like one of them had to die. if dexter died, i don’t think deb could have gone on. he was her only family. but if deb died, dexter still had harrison. even though i guess now… he doesn’t.

agree on hannah! have never liked her. i did think she is trustworthy with harrison but i still don’t like her and am annoyed they brought her back at all.

i think the ending was perfect – like he forced himself into a life of exile without harrison because he is the reason deb is dead and innocent people were killed. so he did deserve it. i know there is talk of a spinoff show but i just can’t imagine. in my opinion this show should have ended three+ years ago, so why bring it back? especially when there would be no deb.

NOW who thinks too much about it? ;)

• Mary @ The Kitchen Paper — September 24th, 2013 @ 5:34 pm

Oh man. You both make good points. Overall, I liked the finale; however, what drove me crazy is that HE IS ABANDONING HIS CHILD! Harrison deserves to have a dad, and Dexter was (usually) a pretty good dad! Harrison is old enough that he’ll remember Dexter! Maybe Hannah has proven to be “trustworthy” (I’m skeptical), and I believe that she loves Harrison, but still: I would not abandon my child with another (perhaps less stable) psychopath. Just sayin’.

Maybe it makes sense, but I’m pissed Deb had to die. I really liked her. And, as weird as it is, I’m a bit pissed they didn’t explore the “I’m in love with my brother” storyline they started on. Not sure I actually WANTED them to end up together, but it sure would have been interesting to see how Dexter would have reacted when really confronted with it!

• Jessica — September 24th, 2013 @ 5:45 pm

I agree on the love storyline with deb + dexter!! I’ve always wondered if maybe there was too much outcry after they first brought it up – like maybe they were testing the waters? And there was a lot of outcry so they didn’t go ahead with it? I just don’t understand how else that storyline could completely disappear!

• Jackie — September 25th, 2013 @ 6:47 am

I TOTALLY agree with you about Dexter leaving Harrison with Hannah. If anyone can turn on a dime it’s her. I didn’t like it AT ALL! The look on Dexter’s face in the last scene said to me “I’m not done!” Hopefully he’ll realize that Harrison doesn’t belong with Hannah.

• Jessica — September 25th, 2013 @ 7:05 am

I agree, but Dexter was a psychopath… so he didn’t think about things the way that other people do. He didn’t see Hannah as a murderer… as someone to fear. Hannah only murdered (ONLY murdered…sounds nice huh?) for self preservation. I think Dexter knew that she would fiercely protect Harrison because he became part of her family.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — September 24, 2013 @ 1:36 pm

I forgot you’re a raisin hater. I know some people just detest them. That’s how I feel about garlic! Homemade pumpkin spice lattes are the best and Lori’s recipe always looks so good!

Megan {Country Cleaver} — September 24, 2013 @ 1:49 pm

And now, at the mere mention of it, I will have The Jackal stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Thank GAWDDDD for Netflix streaming at work – because I have to go watch it right MEOW!!

Mimi — September 24, 2013 @ 2:04 pm

ROFL at number 11 hahahaha

AliSue — September 24, 2013 @ 3:26 pm

Now I need to watch the West Wing again! Love your Tuesday Things!

Holiday Baker Man — September 24, 2013 @ 3:34 pm

Messy desk, eh?

Katie — September 24, 2013 @ 3:35 pm

I”m so glad you don’t like nutella. I thought I was the only person on the planet. Hazelnuts, get out of my chocolate. Blech.

Laura — September 24, 2013 @ 4:04 pm

I hate raisins AND I love Allison Janney performing the Jackal, so this post pretty much made my day!

Emily @ Life on Food — September 24, 2013 @ 4:59 pm

Don’t go too long without cupcakes!

dixya| food, pleasure, and health — September 24, 2013 @ 5:00 pm

absolutely hate raisins! Its always nice to know I am not the only one :)

April — September 24, 2013 @ 5:07 pm

Thank you for admitting you don’t like Nutella! I don’t get the big love it either. Chocolate and PB reign supreme.

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — September 24, 2013 @ 5:19 pm

THANK YOU! Raisins are the worst. Seriously the one and only food that I have never and will never like- my hatred has never changed!

Izy — September 24, 2013 @ 5:54 pm

Thanks for the link love :)
    BUT OMG DEXTER. I just either wanted a happy ending OR for the truth to come out about him. Mostly sad about Deb though, she was mah fave!!!

Jenna — September 24, 2013 @ 6:38 pm

I’m not a fan of Nutella either. I’m kind of a chocolate snob (if you’re going to load up with lots of calories you may as well have the best, most delicious thing you can find) so maybe that’s why. Now leaving the comments section as I haven’t yet watched Dexter as I’ve been saving up the whole season to watch together (but now I’m sort of dreading it as the general consensus seems to be that this season was kind of suck).

jackie @ Something About That — September 24, 2013 @ 9:56 pm

BLAHHHH raisins are so disgusting! I love hearing about other people that agree. They look so nasty in everything and ruin so many good foods.

Stephanie @cookinfanatic — September 24, 2013 @ 10:06 pm

I love raisins. Like love them. In my oats e’ery morning. Can we still be friends? Please :/ lol

Tieghan — September 24, 2013 @ 10:20 pm

Oh my gosh, the 19 reason raisins should be put in jail!?! Heck yes!! I DESPIE raisins, Especially in cookies. Like just no. No, no, no! Chocolate chips please!

Ok and Dexter, I gave up a few weeks ago. Should I finish? Do I need to see how they end it?

jeri — September 25, 2013 @ 7:42 am

The only thing worse than raisins are the people who give them out for Halloween!

Runner Girl Eats — September 25, 2013 @ 8:14 am

I didn’t love the finale…but I didn’t hate it. I think my biggest problem in general is that he left Harrison with Hannah! I imagine anyone would’ve been a better choice than a serial killer. Also, WHO WALKS OUT OF A HOSPITAL WITH A BODY UNNOTICED?!?! other than that, I really liked it :)

• Jessica — September 25th, 2013 @ 8:47 am

haha! you know what, i thought the same thing but then i was like… dexter got away with EVERYTHING else, so why wouldn’t he get away with that?

Lindsay @ The Live-In Kitchen — September 25, 2013 @ 9:03 am

I always loved Nutella until I heard someone say it tasted plastic-y. Now that’s all I can taste! I still don’t mind eating it but it’s definitely not as awesome as I once thought it was. Ditto on the unnoticed body snatcher, what the heck?! And no one monitors ICU patient’s vitals from a desk or anything? Also Dexter at the end wasn’t even like a big reveal or anything, we just saw him walking around. Major letdown.

Barbara | Creative Culinary — September 25, 2013 @ 10:25 am

Love that instead of being the lone wolf against Nutella we can find communion with others; thanks for that!

Biscoff though? THAT I get!

Amy at Living Locurto — September 25, 2013 @ 12:06 pm

Thanks for sharing my 80’s party!!! I agree about raisins… eewww!

betty (the sweaty betty) — September 25, 2013 @ 1:17 pm

I don’t love nuetella either. I see recipes with it and kinda cringe. now, dark choc dreams by pb company, yes please!

Lynn — September 25, 2013 @ 1:55 pm

So you like peanut butter but not nutella but have you tried Trader Joe’s cookie butter? I dare you to get a jar and try not to eat the entire jar. But go early because they are normally gone by 10 and limit how many jars you can buy.

• Jessica — September 25th, 2013 @ 2:01 pm

oh yeah been eating cookie butter forever! love it.

Kim @ Racing Bananas — September 25, 2013 @ 7:01 pm

I’m just watching the West Wing and Allison Janney doing the Jackal was one of the best moments of the series so far! Love that other people are watching too!

sharleen — September 25, 2013 @ 8:13 pm

I found that pumpkin spice latte recipe a little while ago on pinterest (thank you pinterest Gods!!) it seriously is the best out there!! LOVE IT

Molly @ Bakelette — September 25, 2013 @ 10:29 pm

My mom went through a phase of breaking 1-2 dishes per week….I think we have one bowl left, she just replaced all her dish ware haha! I have been dying over that cake too! Seen it all over pinterest and have probably pinned it 5 times!

Jess — September 26, 2013 @ 8:33 am

Oh my god the jackal! I’m rewatching too but got a little thrown off track with Dexter/Breaking Bad. Such problems, haha.

Koko @ Koko Likes — September 26, 2013 @ 8:18 pm

Allison Janney + Jackal = so much yes.

Diana W. — September 27, 2013 @ 10:33 pm

You are seriously bent. As in probable psych issues. I want to be your new bestest friend. Cupcakes, coffee, sofa and some movies or TV series?….. OKay, any kinda dessert for sure,…. but yeah. I’m there. All stalkerish and stuff!

brittany — September 29, 2013 @ 11:12 am

I’m late to this party, but I don’t really understand why everyone is hating on Dexter! I didn’t love this season like other seasons, but I didn’t hate it as much as… well, most of the rest of the internet!

The only thing that really bugged me was that he walked out of the hospital with a body and no one said anything. Yeah, tropical storm or hurricane, whatever. Someone flatlined and a dude walked out of the hospital with a body and NO ONE said anything. Mmmmkay. I’m glad he didn’t get a happy ending. I would’ve been really disappointed if he had!

1. Pingback: Toasted Coconut Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Latte with Chocolate Drizzle - Half Baked Harvest