It’s my favorite month! It’s my favorite month!

October Beauty Favorites I howsweeteats.com

Okay, one of my favorite months. It definitely starts out as my favorite month for makeup, because of all the crazy jewel tones and darker colors. Freaking love.

I don’t have much new stuff to share with you today – I’m still holding out for the Sephora VIB sale which is in November (and I believe starts on my birthday – is there a better excuse to binge on makeup?) where I can hopefully fulfill some of my laundry list. Seriously. It’s baaaaad.

P.S. I know you guys have been asking so I tried to make today’s photos more pin-able for Pinterest and went back and labeled some of the older posts too. So let’s go!

revlon matte balm stains in showy and shameless I howsweeteats.com

Starting with lips… eek. I am so excited.

I discovered these new revlon matte balms which are similar to the kissable balm stains and I am in major lust. Unfortunately I can’t find a link for these yet, but I don’t think they are limited edition. I rarely go for a matte lip only because of how dry they make my lips feel – but I really like the look. These are actually moisturizing. And they glide on so smooth and the colors! Gah. So many pretty colors.

In this post, I’m wearing a mix of these two shades below,  called shameless and showy. I’ve been going out of the box with a purple lip and even though I probably look ridiculous, I’m really enjoying it.

revlon matte balm stains in showy and shameless I howsweeteats.com

revlon matte balm stains in showy and shameless I howsweeteats.com

Next up is an old fave… MAC rebel. I feel like this is THEE fall lip color that so many people know about and one of the reasons I like it is because it can be worn in different ways. If I just swipe it on, it’s a pinkish purple berry. But I’ve been wearing it over MAC nightmoth lipliner and it is darker and bold but not too dark and too bold. Know what I’m saying?

That lipliner is the one I bought last year to wear with MAC cyber lipstick… ha! Haven’t got the guts to leave my house with combination on my lips yet. Maybe tomorrow for Halloween? I’m also wearing these with the lipglass I mentioned last month.

I have been attempting a cop-out ombre lip with rebel and nightmoth and you can see a little photo of that here. It’s my current go-to, even though my dad did a double take at my face and was like wow… you look… different!

Thanks dad.

MAC rebel lipstick I howsweeteats.com

MAC nightmoth lipliner I howsweeteats.com

The paleness of my face is insane now, so I switched from my beloved dr jart BB cream back to the tarte BB moisturizer. You might remember that I wore this for the first half of the year until it got warmer outside, and I adore it.

I also like that tarte is calling it what it is: a tinter moisturizer! Maybe a little more coverage, but not much.

tarte BB tinted moisturizer I howsweeteats.com

tarte BB tinted moisturizer I howsweeteats.com

I also switched back to the maybelline instant age rewind concealer because I find it a bit more moisturizing and soft than my MAC prolongwear. I can’t believe how quickly my skin has been drying out – like drying out to the point when I’m slathering it with cetaphil cream every night and it still is dry the next day. I don’t use anything with alcohol on my face so I’m pretty sure it’s just the change in season.

I’ve talked about this concealer a lot and below is the lightest shade. I also have the brightener that is more pink toned and most of the time I mix the two. Love it.

maybelline instant age rewind concealer I howsweeteats.com

Eye stuff!

You guys know my favorite thing to do is wear a crapton of eye makeup and really play up my eyes… but since I’ve been wearing some dark lipstick, I’ve tried to keep things fairly neutral. I’m so bored.

Almost every day this month I have worn either just urban decay sellout or a mix of sellout and MAC satin taupe. (you can see an example here.) Satin taupe is one of those shades that I always rely on and really like because it isn’t totally matte. I find it to work really well on my eyes and I’m very cool toned. I just bought my second one this week and I always get excited when I finish up an eyeshadow and actually purchase a second because it rarely happens. This is definitely a forever favorite.

Simple things amuse me. Clearly.

[while we’re talking eyeshadow, can someone else have a complete meltdown with me over the urban decay shadow set? I’d never have any use for all of that but good lord… a girl can dream.]

urban decay sellout, MAC satin taupe I howsweeteats.com

urban decay sellout, MAC satin taupe I howsweeteats.com

urban decay sellout I howsweeteats.com

MAC satin taupe I howsweeteats.com

Staying on the neutral bandwagon, I’ve still been using urban decay mushroom constantly. As in, so constantly that I can’t believe I haven’t had to purchase another one. I use this every single day no matter what eyeshadows I’m using. It’s such a perfect shade for me.

urban decay 24/7 liner in mushroom I howsweeteats.com

urban decay 24/7 liner in mushroom I howsweeteats.com

If you’ve been reading along, then you know that all year I’ve been on the hunt for an alternate perfume. I wear bond no.9 west side (<- this is an amazon affiliate link) and flipping love it, but it is so stinking expensive that I can’t justify wearing it every single day. I got it for Christmas last year and have about 1/6 of the bottle left. I think I did pretty well!

I have a sweeter jo malone scent that I really like, and I got a sample of this viktor & rolf flowerbomb from sephora a few months ago. The thing is that I am super senstitive to scents – as in anything floral usually makes me sneeze and tons of scents tend to give me a headache, so I didn’t go near this one. Then one day I decided to try it and it wasn’t so bad.

My game plan with perfumes is that I wear them on my skin about four or five times before actually purchasing one. Every time I wore this, I loved it more and more. It’s definitely different from west side, but I don’t find it to be offensively floral-scented whatsoever. I will probably get another rollerball or the smallest one at the Sephora sale next month. Oh and dear Sephora: please start selling my bond no. 9 scent so I can rack up points and buy it there.

viktor & rolf flowerbomb I howsweeteats.com

viktor & rolf flowerbomb I howsweeteats.com

Moving on to body things… I have found a scrub that I’m hooked on.

I have always been an exfoliater but for the last few years, I’m been fairly lazy and cheap and have only used the exfoliating gloves. Rarely an actual scrub. I got this tree hut shea sugar scrub with my ulta rewards back in September and can say it is the best scrub I have ever used. Within two uses, my skin felt a billion times smoother.

Yes, a billion.

Whatever. I really like it. As you can tell. (I’m so bad with things in jars, I tend to use way too much. Like I blew through this in a month.)

tree hut shea sugar scrub I howsweeteats.com

tree hut shea sugar scrub I howsweeteats.com

Lastly for skin, and I’m soooo sure you saw it coming, the trader joe’s pumpkin body butter.

Let me tell you: I didn’t see it coming. I KNOW!

Yes, I love the coconut version. But this does not smell like pumpkin pie or pumpkin candles or anything remotely pumpkin sweet. It is so much better! It smells like actual pumpkin seed oil, and to me it has this incredible fragrance combination of fresh but warm. I feel like I desperately need to stock up before the season is over.

trader joe's pumpkin body butter I howsweeteats.com

trader joe's pumpkin body butter I howsweeteats.com

Now really, is there anything better than fall nail polish? Maybe glitter nail polish but hey… you can wear the two together. Double the fun.

OPI black cherry chutney, CND solar oil, ESSIE chinchilly I howsweeteats.com

Above is OPI black cherry chutney and essie chinchilly. I think black cherry chutney is reallllly old – definitely a few years? And I found it in my nail polish “collection” (read: hoard) a few weeks ago when looking for a darker burgundy color. It’s super pretty. Essie chinchilly is from a year or two ago and is the perfect neutral gray – it doesn’t make me look dead. It reminds me of sweaters. Big hearts.

ESSIE chinchilly I howsweeteats.com

I’ve mentioned my love for cuticle oils before but now since the weather is getting cooler, I’m applying them at least twice a day. They are so simple! I’ve mentioned the CND solar oil below before as well as the essie apricot cuticle oil.

I definitely prefer this solar oil. I also think it smells like cherries. Yum yum.

CND solar oil I howsweeteats.com

All done for this month! Next month, I might have a boatload of fun new things with the Sephora sale coming up. If you’re into this crazy kind of stuff, what is on your list for the sale?

Maaaaybe I’ll do a post with my VIB sale purchases…

As a random aside, I’m still using almost everything I’ve been mentioning the past few months: the kenra blow dry spray, all of the macadamia hair products, my tarte blush in exposed, my mascaras, etc. If you have a question about something I’m using, leave it below!

October Beauty Favorites I howsweeteats.com

And as usual, please tell me what you are loving this month. I think it’s impossible to have too many beauty products. (which I definitely do.)

[like always, none of these companies know who i am and i am not affiliated with any of them. i only share this because i’m obsessed with makeup.]

94 Responses to “October Favorites: Beauty.”

lauren alysse — October 30, 2013 @ 3:59 pm

was dying for this post!

i’m also so so so in love with the pumpkin body butter! so freaking amazing.
    i need to stock up.

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run — October 30, 2013 @ 3:59 pm

ergh, my Tj’s doesn’t have the pumpkin body butter :(

• Jessica — October 30th, 2013 @ 4:01 pm

gahh seriously?! maybe it just isn’t out for the season yet??

• Deanna — October 30th, 2013 @ 4:14 pm

i went and bought one jar out of a stack of what seemed like a million a few weeks ago, went back a week later and there was NONE left :( i think it just FLIES off the shelves :(

• Jefta — November 1st, 2013 @ 6:15 pm

If you have dry skin, stick to the tinted moisturizer….the bb cream from Tarte is very drying and I have combo skin. By the way have you tried Nails Inc nailpolish in Porchester Square? It’s the perfect griege with a hint of purple and the formula is amazing!

• Jefta — November 1st, 2013 @ 6:16 pm

Somehow my comment ended up under the wrong comment! Oops!

Lauren B. — October 30, 2013 @ 4:06 pm

How was I unaware of Sephora’s VIB sale?? Good thing I read this before heading to the mall. Except now I have a new list of things to try out…

Katelyn — October 30, 2013 @ 4:08 pm

OPI’s Every month is Oktoberfest is very similar and I live in it between October-Thanksgiving (before the switch to brighter jewel tones in December). And Essie Chinchilly is one of my faves!

Maria @ Pappa Don't Preach — October 30, 2013 @ 4:12 pm

That pumpkin butter is my dream! it sits on my desk at work so I can slather it on my hands instantly! It’s magical. :)

Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen — October 30, 2013 @ 4:14 pm

AH! I started wearing the Maybelline concealer when I couldn’t get to Sephora to buy the Smashbox concealer I’d been using for forEVER! Then, I liked it sooo much I never switched back. The Maybelline is so thin and not paste-y (hate that) but still has great coverage for my terrible dark circles. I’m so in love with all sorts of drugstore beauty stuff nowadays.

jody. — October 30, 2013 @ 4:23 pm

I used to love tarte’s bb tinted moisturizer. have you tried their new BB cream? It has replaced their former BB cream. I LOVE the stuff. Normally I rotate through my different foundations and tinted moisturizers because I get bored and like to play with my makeup :). but I’ve been using their newer Bb cream every day.

• Jessica — October 30th, 2013 @ 6:51 pm

i think i tried i sample when it first came out – but does it feel really silicone-y?? there was something about it that i thought made my face feel weird or even cakey, but i could totally be wrong!

• Karen — October 30th, 2013 @ 11:45 pm

Nah, I had the same experience. It’s like a “BB Primer” (the things they mix these days), but it has the silicone-y feel of a primer, which some people really like (since it feels ‘silky’/smooth to them). But I’m not a huge fan of that silicone-y feel in my make up, so I prefer the original BB tinted moisturizer formula, which luckily they still sell!

meaghan — October 30, 2013 @ 4:23 pm

Jess, I remembered you asking a while back if people had eye makeup removal suggestions for Benefit They’re Real Mascara (as well as any eye makeup I guess)… Not sure if you’ve heard this yet, but coconut oil is the most amazing thing for the face. Even girls with skin problems have raved about its qualities. I use it for makeup removal all over my face, wash my face, and then often reapply the oil again for moisture. It’s amazing and my skin has never looked better!

Erica — October 30, 2013 @ 4:24 pm

-I have drier skin in the winter too and can I just shout PETER THOMAS ROTH?! Seriously, my face has never felt so smooth.
    -Favorite Fall Lip-YSL Volupte Sheer Candy in Mouthwatering Berry (so good, the deep pigment that you want from a lipstick without the stickiness that can come from a gloss=sheer perfection).
    -Any and all of the fall Philosophy body washes/bubble baths-(hey there, honey bun)

Rebecca — October 30, 2013 @ 4:32 pm

Ooh, I might have to try the pumpkin body butter…yum. I just tried a sample of Yes to Carrots Super Rich Body Butter and i’m ob.sessed. Seriously. I bought a regular jar of it because I use it every single night on my hands and feet, and even a little bit on pieces of my face (eyelids, cheeks). It’s amazing.

Abbey — October 30, 2013 @ 4:34 pm

You need to check out Sephora’s new Formula X nail polish. You won’t get the 2 weeks of no chips that they claim, but you will get 5 days. Which is better than I get from any other polish. You do have to use the whole system together, including the color. When I used the cleanser, base, and top coat with one of my Butter London colors, i only made it a day with no chips. So, the bad news, you have to buy new colors. The good news, you have to buy new colors! And, check out Jo Malone Nutmeg and Ginger. It is the ultimate fall fragrance. I wear it all fall and winter. It’s just so warm and spicy and delicious and just FALL!!!!

• Jessica — October 30th, 2013 @ 6:50 pm

omg i’ve been eyeing it up for a few weeks – it’s on my VIB sale list!

Lauren — October 30, 2013 @ 4:36 pm

CND also makes a solar speed nail spray. A nail salon I went to used it on my after my mani was done and my nails were instantly dry…which was perfect for me because I don’t have the patience. They salon didn’t sell it, but I found it online. It smells so yummy (like almonds) and it has changed my life! Totally amazing stuff.

• Jessica — October 30th, 2013 @ 6:49 pm

def going to try and find this!

Jane {In the Pink and Green} — October 30, 2013 @ 4:40 pm

Ahhh I NEED to find that Pumpkin Body Butter! The TJ’s near me was out of it, and I have been searching for it! Same with those Matte Revlon Balm Pencil things, I have a couple of the normal ones and I love love love them, so I’m dying to find the matte ones. I love how they allow you to do a super dramatic lip color without having to fuss with lipliner or anything like that. They’re perfect.

I love these posts, keep them coming! :)

cindy — October 30, 2013 @ 4:42 pm

black cherry chutney is one of my faves! I love how dark it is. It’s been in my polish hoard for years and I have only started wearing it this year.

I’m dying over that lipstick and that MAC shadow, btw…going on the list! and I love running out of a MAC product so I can save ‘em up for the back-to-mac program…I love a free product!

• Jessica — October 30th, 2013 @ 6:49 pm

we are makeup soul sisters!

Tanvee — October 30, 2013 @ 4:42 pm

I loooove the Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb perfume! It is sweet, but very soft and clean. I’m so glad you like it! :)
    Sephora usually has a bunch of holiday sets for Flowebomb, if you’re interested.

Oooo, and since you love nail polish so much, have you considered joining Julep’s Maven program? You get 2 nail polishes and a beauty product every month for $19.99. The quality of the polish is really good!!!

Kristin — October 30, 2013 @ 4:43 pm

Have you used the Clinique chubby sticks at all? I’ve been wanting a few but if you recommend the Revlon Mattebalms, I might as well save a few bucks and get those.

• Lauren — October 30th, 2013 @ 6:47 pm

I tried the new Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in the shade “chili” recently and it. Is. Awesome. It has great pigmentation, and my lips feel great with it on – it’s not drying at all! My mom has sworn by the regular Chubby Sticks for quite some time, but i’m so pale that I need the extra color.

• Kristin — October 31st, 2013 @ 7:10 pm

Thank you!

Jessica O — October 30, 2013 @ 5:00 pm

I’m loving the Mac shadow “All that Glitters” I put it under “Expensive Pink” for an everyday eye that looks natural but sun kissed!/ glow-y!

Also- looove Estée Lauder ‘s “Modern Muse” !! Is described as “lush floral woody” wtf does that mean!? But I wouldn’t call it a florally scent at all! It just makes me feel pretty when I wear it and I always get complements!

• Jessica — October 30th, 2013 @ 6:48 pm

i’ve been dying to smell modern muse – going to try and find it this week! sounds like i might like it.

Ashley — October 30, 2013 @ 5:05 pm

I love Tarte’s eyeliners because they are made out of clay and they don’t smudge hardly at all (and I have oily eyelids). I also love Mally’s volumizing mascara. It doesn’t flake or anything gross like that.

Josie // Hello Josephine — October 30, 2013 @ 5:07 pm

So as far as dryness goes… I’ve been eyeing the Tarte maracuja oil and reading all the amazing reviews, but wasn’t ready to shell out $46 over it. I’ve seen non-brand maracuja oil on amazon for $12 and those reviews intrigue me, too, but the other week in Target I spotted Boots Organics Facial Oil (which from what I can tell is an almond oil) for $8 and just decided to grab it and try it. So far I love it! I use two or three drops at night patted all over my face (you just need a little), and I feel like my face looks so much brighter and smoother. I haven’t had any issue with breakouts or greasiness, which was my big concern. I think the key is just a few drops! Anyway. Dry face… try adding a few drops of facial oil to your nightly routine.

• Jessica — October 30th, 2013 @ 6:47 pm

i’ve used the tarte as well as josie maran argan and really love them – you are so right, i need to do that at night! totally wasn’t even thinking of it.

Laura — October 30, 2013 @ 5:07 pm

I also use the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer – love it! These posts are always so fun.

allie@sweetpotatobites — October 30, 2013 @ 5:07 pm

Trader Joe’s pumpkin body butter = the best. I’m already seeing it go out of stock in some of my local TJ’s!

Sara Gelder — October 30, 2013 @ 5:10 pm

This is probably like the dumbest makeup question ever but I am makeup savvy I am not. Per your advice, I got some of that tinted moisturizer crap a while ago and have NO idea how to put it on. If I use my hands like a normal lotion it’s way too thick and sticky. If I use a brush, it feels greesy and not even. Again, sorry for the zero level question, I just can’t get past the dry skin this year and would love if that stuff would work for me

• Jessica — October 30th, 2013 @ 6:46 pm

i use my fingers! hmm – you may be using too much? i use a pea-sized amount or less. i literally just rub it in all over my face like i would with regular moisturizer. i rub, rub, rub. if you’re not used to using something like that on your face, it MIGHT feel thick… but it definitely doesn’t to me and i hate foundations! keep me posted. :)

Christina — October 30, 2013 @ 5:10 pm

I have both of the perfumes (flowerbomb and the Bond No9) and i love both of them, but you’re right, westside is sooo expensive…

Eddie — October 30, 2013 @ 5:19 pm

yeah, i might have helped with the tree hut shea sugar scrub usage.

• Jessica — October 30th, 2013 @ 8:12 pm

omg! i KNEW that i wasn’t using that much every time!

Francesca — October 30, 2013 @ 5:39 pm

The TJs by me (Southern California) told me they were already done with the Pumpkin body butter for the season. Crazy. But, I’m ok with that since I didn’t find it very hydrating AT ALL. I have big time dry skin and kept the body butter on my desk to use after each hand wash and throughout the day. It was ok at first, but my hands felt dry again after only a few minutes.

BUT, a recent find that more than makes up for the body butter bust for me is: TJs is now carrying black garlic!! aka: fermented garlic, aka: black gold. I’d always heard about this amazing ingredient, but never tasted it until I spotted it the other day in the new product section and pounced on it. It tastes NOTHING like garlic or roasted garlic. It’s a sweet, balsamic-y, molasses-y flavor. SO good on chicken or any other food :) Go get ya some.

• Jessica — October 30th, 2013 @ 6:43 pm

this is awesome, will def look for it!

DessertForTwo — October 30, 2013 @ 5:43 pm

I die a little every time you post one of these. And then, I send it immediately to my mom. Thanks so much for sleuthing through the best beauty products for us.

I love that cuticle oil. Thanks for reminding me I need another bottle.

Also: told ya so about the TJ’s pumpkin body butter ;)

alex — October 30, 2013 @ 5:49 pm

My skin also gets super dry during the winter and I am obsessed with dermalogica’s barrier repair. It kind of freaked me out at first since it is water-free silicone based moisturizer, but now i can’t live without it!

pinkelephantbloggin.com (alex) — October 30, 2013 @ 6:01 pm

I absolutely love MAC Rebel! The Revlon matte lip stains look fab!! Really want them but I don’t think they are out here in Ireland just yet. Great post and fab picks! x

Sarah — October 30, 2013 @ 6:11 pm

Have you tried Maybelline Baby Lips yet? I bought one after Emily at cupcakesandcashmere.com wrote about it, and have blown through like half a tube of “pink punch.” It’s great because it tastes yummy, has a really nice feel (somewhere in between a balm and a gloss), and the color has some stay, so that even after the balm has rubbed off, your lips still have a little color. Ulta carries it and they also just released (or I just noticed) the medicated balm line. It has menthol in it and the colors are a bit darker, perfect for the winter! It’s basically Smackers for adults, and I think you’d like it!!

• Jessica — October 30th, 2013 @ 6:25 pm

i’ve tried a bunch of the baby lips over the last few years and actually don’t like them at all – i feel like they are actually drying on my lips if that makes sense?? i wish i didn’t! :(

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs — October 30, 2013 @ 6:20 pm

Great products! Thanks for the round up :)

Danielle — October 30, 2013 @ 6:23 pm

Hi Jess! Just wanted to throw a quick recommendation your way for the Cerave Moisturizing Lotion (if you’re dry, you may even want to try the cream). I get dry in the winter as well and Cerave is the BOMB. The ceramides and hylauronic acid in it really help to plump up and soften my skin. It makes my skin retain moisture as well, so If I skip a day or two I don’t get any flakies. Not sure if you’ve tried it or not so I thought I’d give it a shout out :)

Also, have you ever considered doing color swatches of the products mentioned here? I know I could look them up online but it would be nice to see them against your actual skin tone. Just a thought – thanks! :D

• Jessica — October 30th, 2013 @ 6:28 pm

i will try it out, thanks!
      i did a few swatches last month but it is seriously challenging! i know that sounds ridiculous – don’t worry, i’m practicing. :)

chelsea — October 30, 2013 @ 6:46 pm

Love your beauty posts! You got some great stuff this month. I’m obsessed with the dark lip trend. Unfortunately I’m not a VIB so no percent off for me! :( Hopefully somewhere out there on the internet will put their discount code up for people who aren’t VIB’s, and I can nab some goodies!!

Lauren — October 30, 2013 @ 7:00 pm

I’ve fallen in love with:
    – The UD Glide-On Eye Pencils in Hustle has become my favorite eye pencil- it’s a great neutral (bronze-ish) that works well with my super fair skin and light green eyes.
    – Make Up For Ever Lip Line Perfecter – holy crap, it’s like magic when you wear highly-pigmented lip colors! NO FEATHERING!
    – Tocca Stella – my new signature scent
    – First Aid Beauty Facial Cleansing Cream – It’s not drying to my skin, and just smells clean. It gets skin super clean and balanced.
    – FRESH Sugar Advanced Lip Therapy is worth every. single. penny. I put it on every night before bed and every morning after my shower, and my lips are maintaining their hydration much better than before.
    – BITE Beauty High Pigment Matte Pencils are great!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — October 30, 2013 @ 7:30 pm

Cuticle oil. How timely as I sit here with cracks in them (way too many dishes and naturally dry as a bone skin) and I used to use solar oil – need to start back!

Nightmoth. Used to wear that one. Bold and beautiful!

Glad you tried the TJs pumpkin cocoa butter and I totally agree with everything you said. Not pumpkin-ey, but actual pumpkin seed oil – big difference that never dawned on me til I tried the lotion!

Jennifer S — October 30, 2013 @ 8:11 pm

I’ve mentioned that scrub on my blog before too! It smells so nice and is so lovely to use. I’ve blown through mine too (btw, I was in a Walmart for the first time in forever and I saw that they carry that brand now, or at least that one did. So you can totally get it there too). I needs to pick me up some of those Revlon matte sticks. I saw them in CVS and was like well, I don’t know what colors I really need right now so I didn’t get them and then Tati talked about them on Youtube and now you. Durn it. Also, I got my 20% off coupon from Sephora in the mail a day or two ago, so you should be getting yours soon! This year it only lasts for like a week (I think last year it was all month), so I will definitely be stocking up on some things while I have it. If you’re looking for new scents, definitely get perfume samples from Sephora with your purchases. Also, if you get a Birchbox subscription I think there’s an option to like only get perfume samples, so that might be of interest. I always find that any ones I don’t like make great stocking stuffers for my mom and sisters come holiday time.

-Jen
    yourstrulyjen.com

Wendy@ All Kinds of Miles — October 30, 2013 @ 8:16 pm

Love, love chinchilly! It’s such a great fall color. Ladylike is another one I’m into! As for makeup, I just discovered TooFaced luminous bronzer in “snow bunny” and it is so perfect. I’m super, super pale as well, and it’s not an offensive bronzer at all- it just adds a touch of warmth to my face that I desperately need from now until…well, always. Thanks for another great post!

AJ — October 30, 2013 @ 8:28 pm

Instead of a body scrub, get a salux! It’s an exfoliating cloth (you can find them in Asian markets or on Amazon – just be sure to get one made in Japan, since those are the real ones). I use it with soap or any (non-scrub) body wash. It’s seriously the best thing ever – and wayyyy cheaper than buying scrubs! That plus lotion or oil and my skin is like butter!

Jade Sheldon-Burnsed — October 30, 2013 @ 8:37 pm

I just picked up the Trader Joe’s pumpkin body butter too and, oh my goodness, I am in love with it. To me it smells like fall.

Madeline — October 30, 2013 @ 8:38 pm

I have super pale skin that gets 10x more pale in the winter. I have been using Josie Maran’s Argan Illuminizer (http://www.josiemarancosmetics.com/shop/bestbets/argan-illuminizer). Normally things that have even the slightest bit of bronzer make me look orange, but this is SO subtle and feels so good on my skin! It warms it up just the perfect amount for winter. LOVING your favorites!!

• Jessica — October 31st, 2013 @ 7:04 am

is it glittery or sparkly?? i’ve wanted to pick it up!

• Madeline — October 31st, 2013 @ 10:15 am

It’s definitely not matte, and it seems glittery to me, but it might be better described as “sheen.” Either way, definitely feel like it makes me glow.

Catherine — October 30, 2013 @ 8:57 pm

Love this post!
    Please share your vib shopping list!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — October 30, 2013 @ 9:52 pm

Love those Revlon lip stains!!

Kristen — October 30, 2013 @ 10:40 pm

Chinchilly is my favorite! I don’t ever get tired of the purpley-gray it is.

Bonnie — October 30, 2013 @ 11:00 pm

Love Satin Taupe as well! Also currently loving UD Mushroom brushed over Maybelline color tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. Agreed with others– please share your Sephora wishlist!

Kristin @ Bake Something — October 30, 2013 @ 11:38 pm

I love the pumpkin body butter! I hope it’s a sign of what’s to come…hopefully more seasonal scents. I also just bought the Essie chinchilly yesterday but haven’t tried it out yet, you’ve convinced me I’ve made a good decision. Any other fall nail polishes you would recommend?

Karen — October 30, 2013 @ 11:56 pm

Have you ever tried any of the Jouer tinted moisturizers? I’m just on the verge of getting the matte moisturizer, but I’m still considering it. I have a Jouer blush though and I absolutely love it; it’s so natural looking.

I’m also debating on getting the Christian Dior Creme de Rose lip balm since I’ve heard it’s incredible, but I don’t know if I’m willing to spend $32 on a lip balm yet… seem’s a little ridiculous!

Currently, I’ve been using Bioderma to remove all of my make up and it’s been incredible. It’s a european brand but you can get it on amazon. It uses a miceller water formula, so it doesn’t feel like you’re putting oil on your face, and it doesn’t leave your face feeling greasy at all, so I use this all over my face. I’ve been using it with an exfoliating cotton pad and I’m shocked by how much more make up comes off than when I used to just use wipes/other removers…it’s almost kind of gross to me, but it’s amazing!

Also, LUSH lip scrubs. Recently obsessed, especially in the winter when my lips need some exfoliating.

• Jessica — October 31st, 2013 @ 7:02 am

I have the jouer matte moisturizer and while I like it… I have dry skin so I actually TRY to make my skin look oily or dewy. So it’s not what I normally go for but I do like the product!

And I have to say if you buy one thing… do it with the creme de rose. I’ve been using it for years, just finished up my 4th (I think?, maybe more) pot last night and will stock up in Nov. Along with burt’s bees, it is the only lip stuff that I’ve stuck to and my lips NEED it at night.

Rachel — October 31, 2013 @ 5:17 am

That MAC lipstick is such a fantastic colour. Also, I miss Tarte cosmetics so much from when I was living in Los Angeles; you can’t get their products in the UK, and I swear by their cream eyeshadow.

Dannielle — October 31, 2013 @ 5:37 am

I’ve been using the Origins Drink up intensive overnight mask and it really plumps that dry skin up! I’m too lazy for scrubs, but I think I’m going to have to invest in something good, you’ve given me a push

Mary (Sisters Running the Kitchen) — October 31, 2013 @ 6:51 am

so what is this Sephora VIB sale that you speak of? I have some things that I’d like to get, so I guess I will hold out for that. If I have a beauty insider card does the sale apply to me?

• Jessica — October 31st, 2013 @ 6:59 am

I’m *pretty* sure that VIB is the next level up from beauty insider, but I could totally be wrong!

Jan Bertolini — October 31, 2013 @ 7:22 am

this had enough things in it that i decided to do a quick print at work to head on out the sephora + TJ’s and do you know that it was 41 pages!? Glorious photos. MIght have to add to a few presentations at work today to see if they are awake.. double duty.
    Totally with you on the fragrance train. I keep thinking i like one, then buy it and think – what is that, once i get the large bottle. Got the Narciso Rodriguez after a trail size seemed nice and light and i swear it is not what they gave in the tester. . am going to check into the ones noted above. I have lost my VIB status this year – time to ramp it up.
    Back to work. Love the post.

Lysa Christopher — October 31, 2013 @ 7:51 am

I love your beauty posts. Ironically, I was just thinking I need to update my drab and very old make-up. Thank you for the great tips. My challenge is that I never know what colors will look good on me. I have dark hair and hazel eyes. Truthfully, between work and kids I have little time for make up. However, I’m going to make time. You inspired me.

I have to agree with you on the T Joe’s pumpkin body butter. AHHH-MAA-ZING!! Seriously love it.

One last thing, when is the Sephora VIB sale? I’m going to check into it ASAP!!

HAPPY FALL