Trader Joe's Pumpkin Ice Cream I howsweeteats.com-1

1. I have a problem. See above.

2. Completely freaking over these salted caramel apple dumplings. The pictures… gah. Actually, the whole blog.

3. I put it out there on Facebook over the weekend, but there seriously needs to be a classier pumpkin emoji. I am just not all about the jack o’ lantern. You know, sometimes it just doesn’t jive with my obligatory instagram fall scene.

4. I’ve managed to become really good at singing songs through tunnels. Like when the radio satellite dies halfway through? It’s my mission to sing it perfectly until I’m out.

5. These 36 things you never realized everyone else does too is spot on. Like especially #2 and #3.

6. This is unconfirmed but I am 95% certain that Nickelodeon reduced my bedtime Friends episodes at night from four down to two. I don’t even know what to do with myself. The answer would probably be sleep.

7. Are you a fan of Halloween? Like dressing up and what not? I actually like Halloween in itself but I loooooathe dressing up. I have no desire to dress up as anything ever. I’m no fun.

8. Sooooo Trader Joe’s now has a cookie butter swirled with chocolate. It kind of reminds me of the old school peanut butter jar that was swirled with jelly that was ultimately 100% disgusting but I would still beg my mom to buy it anyway. She never did, so in completely rebellion I had to buy the cookie butter swirl jar. Considering I used to dip large chunks of chocolate into the cookie butter jar, it’s like they are inside my brain. They know me.

9. BUT. My issue with things like these speculoos butters is that I grab a spoon and am all “oh this is fine I can eat half the jar I’m getting healthy fats blah blah blah.” WAIT. no. It’s crushed cookies. CRUSHED COOKIES>THIS IS NOT PEANUT BUTTER. fail.

10. Remember back in the day (like over 2 years ago) when I was so obsessed with Pinterest? I took a break for a while because it stressed me out (it’s like Vegas, sensory overload) but now I am reacquainted (what an awful word to spell) and can’t stop. My current favorite things to pin are libraries. I want to have a home with a gigantic monstrosity of a library.

11. I really don’t know how I feel about Homeland. After the second episode I was like… how long can this storyline go on? The first season it was realistic (my husband totally disagrees, whatever), the second season it ventured outside of that a bit… and now? I just feel like they are RUINING IT. Please turn it around. Please. Also, it’s pretty pathetic that all I still want on the Walking Dead is a Carol/Daryl hookup.

12. Uh, speaking of TV, this huge iconic of my childhood was replayed and it was… fantastic.

67 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Belinda @themoonblushbaker — October 15, 2013 @ 10:44 am

Argh! the health fats thing. I hate all that talk! Fat is not evil or bad, nor healhtly it just fat! If you want a dessert spread, have it, you need it. Do not try to justify it beside the fact it is yummy!
    Loving fall ice creams too! that pumpkin looks dreamy!

• Jessica — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:11 pm

you’re preaching to the choir! i agree!

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food — October 15, 2013 @ 10:56 am

i love Halloween…and, without shame, still love dressing up! Usually, mid-September, my neighbors and I are planning our costumes, however, everyone has seemed to hop on the baby train this year and is pregnant or has a newborn…so I actually have no friends to dress up with this year. Boo!

Severiana — October 15, 2013 @ 11:10 am

Pinterest makes me feel like a loser! Especially all the things the cool moms do and I’m too lazy or broke! LOL But I’m still addicted!!!!

Katharine — October 15, 2013 @ 11:17 am

I feel the same way about Halloween. Candy? In. Skulls and witches and pumpkins? Totally. Dressing up? Pass.

Also, cookies are totally a healthy fat. At least that’s what I tell myself. (Donuts, too.)

bridget {bake at 350} — October 15, 2013 @ 11:18 am

Wait. WAIT!!! Cookie butter with a swirl of CHOCOLATE?!? I will think of nothing else until I get to Trader Joe’s!

OK…I saw “Homeland” and skipped reading that because we’re still on Season 2. BUT, you know when you go to the movies and they play those clips of TV shows and things before the previews? Yeah, they had one one Homeland last weekend and it pretty much recapped all of Season 2. Mr. E and I had our fingers in our ears and were shouting, “nanana”, but it didn’t help. Netflix can’t get those DVDs here fast enough.

Love your Tuesday things! :)

Sara — October 15, 2013 @ 11:20 am

omg #4! I do that when my google maps talks over the bluetooth and cuts off my music. it’s all about keeping with the tempo!

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots — October 15, 2013 @ 11:21 am

ugh I can’t get into Homeland this season, I feel like I become more disappointed with every episode. Like seriously Brody should just die cause they are basically setting it up that way, they can’t bring him back!

• Jessica — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:12 pm

I KNOWWWWW

• Amanda — October 15th, 2013 @ 6:45 pm

I completely agree with this; I really was disappointed after this episode. I don’t really understand where they’re going with it or if they even know!

Rose — October 15, 2013 @ 11:37 am

That DWTS video was so amazing haha! Loved that. One of the most memorable childhood TV moments ever.
    And wow she is GORGEOUS!!

Annie @ Annie's City Kitchen — October 15, 2013 @ 11:43 am

Pretty sure the jelly/PB combo jar was called “Goober” (at least in the stores in my area) and it was one of those things that I pined for all my childhood and never got, like an American Girl Doll. My sis once bought a jar at age 22 just to stick it to my mom.

• Jessica — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:12 pm

omg this. yes.

Sues — October 15, 2013 @ 11:49 am

Libraries on Pinterest are heaven. Also, I COMPLETELY agree with your pumpkin emoji issue. UGH.

Eddie — October 15, 2013 @ 11:52 am

And to think, I knew 3 years ago “Homeland” sucked.

• Jessica — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:12 pm

shush.

Kristina — October 15, 2013 @ 11:57 am

I have always wanted a library too – with some very specific designs, of course. I am determined to make it happen in our living room – we definitely do not need one of those rooms with the nice furniture that you can never go in or sit on.

I cannot wait for Halloween. we have three parties this year, I already have my costume, and so do both dachshunds…

chelcie @ chelcie's food files — October 15, 2013 @ 12:03 pm

love this. that ice cream looks to die for. i need to get my hands on a jar of that cookie butter chocolate swirl stuff. Also I agree with you on halloween..i like it mainly because its an excuse to eat candy..but i HATE dressing up. And since i’m still in college..people think its appropriate to dress up like 5 nights in a row!! I am doing everything I can this year to avoid being here for the holiday

Lyndsey — October 15, 2013 @ 12:03 pm

Carol and Daryl?! You are sick. Sick.

But you still totally rock my socks and I shall love you forever.

• Jessica — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:13 pm

wait really? there were instances in the last 2 seasons of their unrequited love! you’re not a fan??

• Lyndsey — October 15th, 2013 @ 2:03 pm

Oh no, I totally see it coming too, it just seems so wrong to me! I always think she could be his mother. Obviously she’s much younger than in my head, she has to be, like how old was Sophia? Buuuut I still can’t get over how icky it feels to me! I love them both, but not together, not like that!!

Laurie {SimplyScratch} — October 15, 2013 @ 12:09 pm

AH!!! I just started watching Homeland… I’m on season 1 episode 3 {way behind} and I’m hooked! Ps… I really need to go to Trader Joes. XO

Becca — October 15, 2013 @ 12:24 pm

Jessie Spano is from Michigan! I’m totally going to look for her childhood home!

Jessica — October 15, 2013 @ 12:26 pm

I completely see all of your pins on Pinterest and have repinned many! I have a slight obsession with libraries and you keep pinning bar carts! I freaking need one in my life.

Shirley — October 15, 2013 @ 12:32 pm

I found the speculous chocolate swirl jar at Trader Joe’s yesterday and picked it up immediately. Walked around the store the rest of the time trying to convince myself it’s a good idea. I ended up putting it back because I cant justify it like I do peanut butter and chocolate sandwiches.

And Yes please on the Carol-Daryl hookup. I almost throught they were going to on Sunday. Then again, it might be like the Scully- Mulder kiss that ended up being so hyped that it was dissapointing.

Jeanelle — October 15, 2013 @ 12:39 pm

I have never commented on your blog however I am COMPELLED to comment today because of the Friends/Nick at Nite item. I am so BUGGED by the schedule change. I watch one hour of Friends on a local channel and then turn to Nickelodeon for two hours of “please fall asleep, please fall asleep” watching and last night I was rudely forced from my almost slumber by the New Adventures of Old Christine. So, so sad about this…they should really just show Friends all night long.

• Jessica — October 15th, 2013 @ 12:40 pm

i so hear you. thanks for commenting!!

Mallory @ Because I Like Chocolate — October 15, 2013 @ 12:55 pm

If you are looking for a good TV show to get into, check out the Blacklist! I’m hooked!

Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche — October 15, 2013 @ 1:07 pm

Dunking chocolate in cookie butter sounds AMAZING. I must try harder to find that cookie butter stuff in the UK! Never had it!

Coleen @ The Redhead Baker — October 15, 2013 @ 1:19 pm

OMG, #2, #7, #12, #13, #14, okay, the whole list. Yes!!

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs — October 15, 2013 @ 1:20 pm

I loved the Saved by the Bell reference on DWTS last night! Ahhh memories…. :)

Lori Connors — October 15, 2013 @ 1:21 pm

Just bought that TJs cookie butter with choc swirls….OMG>…..utter deliciousness on a bagel!

Harper — October 15, 2013 @ 1:31 pm

I’m not trying to figure out if I can get to Trader Joes today after work. I try not to buy the speculous cookie spread because I have a similar problem where I eat the whole jar… but chocolate swirled? I probably can’t resist.

Julie — October 15, 2013 @ 1:35 pm

I didn’t know about the cookie butter! I’ll have to stop by and check it out.

I too enjoy everything about Halloween except for dressing up. I need to find a creative, non-revealing outfit!

Paige — October 15, 2013 @ 2:12 pm

Ummm my Trader Joe’s was totally out of cookie/chocolate butter :( and the crunchy cookie butter which i should pretty much not buy because it is gone in 2.1 seconds.
    The second I heared Jessie was on DWTS “I’m so excited and i just cant…cant..” came blaring into my head.

Vanessa — October 15, 2013 @ 2:47 pm

Elizabeth’s dance last night as amazing, a bit cheesy, but amazing none the less!

Vanessa — October 15, 2013 @ 2:49 pm

Oh, and I hate dressing up for Halloween too. Its my FAVORITE holiday, but I just don’t get excited about dressing up. I have to this year because my work is having a costume contest. However, I am going as a deviled egg. Haha. Easiest costume ever.

Crystal — October 15, 2013 @ 3:06 pm

You are quite correct about the Friends dilemma! I used to watch from 11pm to 1am and now, I don’t know what to do because The New Adventures of Old Christine or King of Queens is on at midnight. How can I possibly fall asleep to that?! So glad that someone else noticed :)

xoxo

Ruthy @ Omeletta — October 15, 2013 @ 3:08 pm

Ugh, I hate dressing up, too. And decorating my house for Halloween. But kids in costumes? I die every time.
    And how weird is it that Friends is on Nick at Nite in the first place? Isn’t that channel only supposed to play things like Donna Reed? How old are we anyway?

Jesse — October 15, 2013 @ 3:54 pm

i hate the fake out ‘speculoos is not peanut butter’ thing. i fall for it every time. need to stop buying speculoos and just get cookies. i have more self control with cookies. and they’re not deceptive.

Alexe @ Keys to the Cucina — October 15, 2013 @ 4:03 pm

Holler to your #11 and #12. I’m over Homeland right now, wish it would pick up the pace a little. And to #12, my sisters and I would always reenact that scene from Saved by the Bell when Jessie is high on speed..ahh good mems!

Rosey Rebecca — October 15, 2013 @ 4:06 pm

Pinterest and I have this problem with being absolutely inseparable. Especially during my first week at my new place–hello, home decor pics!

TJ’s just carries the best food ever. The end.

Leah — October 15, 2013 @ 5:02 pm

I totally agree that Homeland has been blah so far this season. Where is the action? We all know Carrie is crazy, but they are beating that to death. I just finished Breaking Bad which was AMAZING. Looking for new shows if you have any ideas!! Love your Tuesday Things by the way -look forward to it every week!

Charlotte — October 15, 2013 @ 5:48 pm

I’m a huge fan of Halloween, but I live in Britain, where it’s barely noticed :-(

veronicabbee — October 15, 2013 @ 5:54 pm

Gaaa, I was going to do things this afternoon, but all the links!! #5 & 12 made my day. I do all those things. Apparently I’m not *quite* as neurotic as I thought! Or, at least I have company in my crazy….

Averie @ Averie Cooks — October 15, 2013 @ 6:05 pm

I know you’re back into Pinterest hot and heavy b/c every day I get a new notification, “your friend how sweet eats has created a board for xyz…” And every day there’s a new one :) Ive been thinking about using my pinterest for more than just food but I can hardly handle that. And the boards I want to create have nothing to do with food so who knows.

That TJs’ swirled cookie butter/choc – have not bought it, on purpose. Don’t need the temptation :)

Emily @ Life on Food — October 15, 2013 @ 6:35 pm

Hehe, I saw your library pins. I was wondering what was up with that.

Cate — October 15, 2013 @ 7:24 pm

I threw a total hissy fit about Friends! It is, however on TV land at 10:00 (two episodes).

Sarah — October 15, 2013 @ 8:36 pm

Love ‘Friends’… one of my favorite shows of all time. I still feel like they are real life good friends of mine from high school and college. Sad, huh!

Important side note off-topic: CVS has Macadamia products BOGO 50% off this week. Different stores carry different products, but some have much of the line available and it’s ON SALE! I never find that brand on sale! It makes my week.

tracy — October 15, 2013 @ 9:13 pm

Did you try the pumpkin waffles at trader Joe’s? I’ve already blown through a box..going back for more tomorrow.

Tieghan — October 15, 2013 @ 10:00 pm

Ha! I wondered what you were pinning all the libraries for and seriously, you are not kidding! You have been all over pinterest that last like 5 days! It still totally stresses me out, but you kind of lit a fire in me with all your crazy awesome pins! Love it!

And oh my gosh!! The saved by the bell skit?!? Awesome! I watched saved by the bell every single morning before school growing up!

Jade Sheldon-Burnsed — October 15, 2013 @ 10:51 pm

Ugh, I dream of having a library too. I actually have the books… just nowhere to put them…

Beth | {local milk} — October 15, 2013 @ 11:31 pm

Thanks so much for the mention! I love your work! <3

Courtney — October 16, 2013 @ 12:02 am

You are 100% right about Friends and I am 100% ticked. Although, I turn it on every night and say (out loud), “Gah! I’ve seen this one a million times!”. But I can’t.stop.watching.

Rosie — October 16, 2013 @ 6:44 am

Oh my gosh, that list of 36 things we do is SO true – scary!! haha!!

Rosie x

Jaime — October 16, 2013 @ 9:17 am

#6 yes! Guess I should be just going to sleep too haha

Candice H. — October 16, 2013 @ 9:18 am

Have you ever tried PB Crave??? I am addicted! They have a bunch of different flavors, I tried the Cookie Nookie which is supposed to taste like cookie dough and it so does! I finished a jar in a week! They only sell it online and in Walmart

Chelsea U. — October 16, 2013 @ 9:21 am

“Also, it’s pretty pathetic that all I still want on the Walking Dead is a Carol/Daryl hookup.”

Thank you so much for confirming that I am not, in fact, insane. And alone. I drive my boyfriend crazy because every time we watch, he is screaming over zombies and death and crazyness, and all I ask is if Carol and Daryl are dating yet. It needs to happen. Legit.

1. Pingback: Tuesday Things. | We Sell Social