This is probably so wrong.

Toasted Bacon Fluffernutters I howsweeteats.com

And probably so right.

Putting meat on your favorite childhood sandwich and all.

And not just any meat.  The best meat EVER.

I’ve made many more offensive recipes with bacon but I think this one takes the cake. Or at least takes the sandwich.

I don’t even get that expression anyway.

Toasted Bacon Fluffernutters I howsweeteats.com

I swear though. If you are a member of the bacon-loving freak club like I am, and you love peanut butter and marshmallow, AND you love bacon on strange sweet things, this is for you.

Trust me?

Toasted Bacon Fluffernutters I howsweeteats.com

And if you’re not, I guess we can still be friends. Just this one time. I respect it. Only because my mom, who is one of the biggest bacon loving people I know (hello giant jar of bacon grease hiding inside my childhood fridge) but also one of the biggest bacon purists I know, thinks that bacon in any sort of sugary manner or mixed with desserts is two words: dig. gusting.

I should probably question if I am her child. She doesn’t know what she is missing.

And if you think this is odd, let’s just go have a talk with my grandpa who still, to this day, eats peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.

I love me some pickles but I’d rather have the bacon any day.

Toasted Bacon Fluffernutters I howsweeteats.com

I actually wasn’t that much of a fluffernutter fan back in the day. I don’t even think we really knew that it was a thing until my youngest brother started making them. Then, of course, I felt totally deprived because he got to do whatever the heck he wanted and I had to suffer the perils of being a first born.

He still gets to do whatever the heck he wants. Fair = not

Toasted Bacon Fluffernutters I howsweeteats.com

With lots of leftover marshmallow fluff and zero need for more candy in this house, I needed some other excuse to finish off the fluffy goodness. Homemade fluff doesn’t last anywhere near as long as the stuff in the jar and it’s just so good that I was hesitant to waste what remained.  Therefore I did what any normal human being would do… grab the peanut butter jar. And some toasted bread. If you need to know anything about me, anything at all, it’s that all of my bread MUST be toasted.

Except this time, I accidentally on purpose somehow found the bacon in my fridge and it them magically appeared in a frying pan and then oddly made a home inside of my sandwich.

Weird.

Toasted Bacon Fluffernutters I howsweeteats.com

But I mean, I guess I’d want to snuggle up to some peanut butter and marshmallow too. If we’re getting personal and stuff.

Toasted Bacon Fluffernutters I howsweeteats.com

Toasty Bacon Fluffernutters

Yield: serves 2 appropriately, 1 obnoxiously

Total Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:

6 slices bacon, fried
4 slices whole grain sourdough bread
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup marshmallow fluff

Directions:

Break bacon into pieces that will fit inside the sandwiches. Toast the bread either in a toaster or... in the leftover bacon grease in a skillet. Spread 2 slices of bread with peanut butter and the other 2 with marshmallow. Place the bacon on top of the peanut butter and press the sandwiches together. Slice in half and eat!

Toasted Bacon Fluffernutters I howsweeteats.com

Oops? You should also maybe try chocolate peanut butter. Uh huh.

65 Responses to “Toasted Bacon Fluffernutters.”

Mallory — November 1, 2013 @ 6:58 am

my fiance would probably propose all over again if i made him this.

Kari — November 1, 2013 @ 7:00 am

Ohhhh… I’m sorry but there’s just something very very wrong with that. (And yet, I can’t wait to try it!).

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs — November 1, 2013 @ 7:01 am

I toast all of my sandwich bread too — it’s just better that way :)

Claus — November 1, 2013 @ 7:09 am

I am sorry – Was this a breakfast suggestion, a lunch idea, an afternoon snack or an evening family meal. Maybe it is all of the above….

Crazy, but most likely tasty :-)

Averie @ Averie Cooks — November 1, 2013 @ 7:30 am

I don’t eat bacon but I would love a Fluffernutter sandwich right now! Gosh that sounds so good – and with homemade fluff, divine!

Tieghan — November 1, 2013 @ 7:50 am

Oh my dear god. This is so not wrong. Ok well. maybe, but it is awesome.

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — November 1, 2013 @ 7:51 am

Never had a fluffernutter! Not once, definitely need to get on that already. I remember seeing this post in the works on IG, but thought it might have involved a cupcake.

And that swirl of peanut butter is perfect, Jessica! :)

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — November 1, 2013 @ 7:56 am

You are crazy girl, but I love it! I wasn’t introduced to fluffernutter until one summer at my aunt’s house, where she used it in a fruit dip. Obviously, I thought it was pretty delicious but now you’ve got me dreaming of fluffernutter and PB. Happy Friday!

Terri — November 1, 2013 @ 8:01 am

Ahhh and what about using the toasted marshmallow campfire fluff! Yum!

BKK — November 1, 2013 @ 8:12 am

Great idea ! I love bacon , and veggies …so only penut butter and bread ..not healthy…Asian food such as Satek < pork or chicken mixed with yellow herb and grill. Also go together. Bread penut butter . Thank You

bridget350@gmail.com — November 1, 2013 @ 8:24 am

You’re my hero.

Kerry — November 1, 2013 @ 8:35 am

Fluffernutters were my favorite sandwich growing up and adding bacon to it!!!! You are my hero!! Thank you!

Courtney @ Neighborfood — November 1, 2013 @ 8:39 am

How do you swirl your peanut butter so perfectly? It looks so glorious. I could swim in this sandwich.

• Jessica — November 1st, 2013 @ 9:28 am

just used a spoon!

Belinda @themoonblushbaker — November 1, 2013 @ 8:43 am

dear god some one put this in on the market right now!

Love it!

Ali @ Inspiralized — November 1, 2013 @ 8:53 am

Holy moly this is all kinds of right!! I love this recipe, I used to eat a fluffernutter once a day for about 3 years! Great post.

Karla | A Season On The Mountain — November 1, 2013 @ 9:21 am

Excuse me while I faint!

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl — November 1, 2013 @ 9:33 am

I am pretty positive you just completed my life, it’s so beautiful.

Kellie @ Keeprunninkellie — November 1, 2013 @ 9:59 am

Everything looks amazing, minus the bacon. Is it weird that I don’t like bacon?

Jess @ Keeping It Real Food — November 1, 2013 @ 10:00 am

Um, wow. Yes—what an awesome idea!

As a dietitian who thinks she has hated fluff since trying it at 8 years old, I kind of can’t wait to try this. Haha apologies if I pair it with a salad on the side out of habit!

Courtney — November 1, 2013 @ 10:06 am

I am ALL OVER this sandwich. I haven’t had peanut butter and fluff in so long and this looks like a perfect way to find my way back. Totally agree about toasted bread, too. It’s just so much better.

Annie @ Annie's City Kitchen — November 1, 2013 @ 10:18 am

Fluffer Nutters are the World’s Greatest Sandwich. I’ve been a ride or die fluffer nutter girl since I can remember.

Deanna @DB and Jelly — November 1, 2013 @ 10:24 am

This looks incredible. It’s basically the ultimate in sweet and salty – yum!

Tracy | Peanut Butter And Onion — November 1, 2013 @ 10:40 am

I’m in!

DessertForTwo — November 1, 2013 @ 11:04 am

Oh my word. Will you marry me?

Megan {Country Cleaver} — November 1, 2013 @ 11:08 am

Will you be my best friend like, forever and a day?

Mallory @ Because I Like Chocolate — November 1, 2013 @ 11:29 am

It’s very wrong. Peanut butter and marshmallow and bacon? As much as it sounds good I can’t even advocate for it because I am a vegetarian! haha guess I will have to try it with fake bacon! But I don’t think it would be quite the same.

Larry — November 1, 2013 @ 12:34 pm

*drool*

Diana — November 1, 2013 @ 12:35 pm

OH now I want a fluffernutter, minus the bacon!

The Nested Turtle — November 1, 2013 @ 12:47 pm

Whoa!!! This looks amazing! Why didn’t I think of this!!!

I can’t wait to try these!!!

allie@sweetpotatobites — November 1, 2013 @ 1:11 pm

Bacon and Peanut Butter are a match made in heaven and the marshmallow just takes it to a whole new level.

I think I’d add some chocolate chips too…

Molly @ Yes to Yolks — November 1, 2013 @ 1:21 pm

OMG. Yes, yes, and yes!!! Love the photos too!

Kristin — November 1, 2013 @ 2:29 pm

O.M.G. As I kid I loved peanut butter and bacon sandwiches (weird, I know). You just took it to a whole new level with the marshmallow fluff.

deva — November 1, 2013 @ 2:48 pm

Oh my. I am suddenly VERY hungry – and I just ate! These sound like something AMAZING. And look? Delectable.

Stefanie @ Sarcastic Cooking — November 1, 2013 @ 3:27 pm

You evil genius! My mom refused to buy us fluff when we were younger. This sandwich is like my rebellion against my youth…. I cannot wait to make this and take a big bite of it!

Laura Dembowski — November 1, 2013 @ 3:41 pm

This is just awesome! I need it in my life at this very moment!

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — November 1, 2013 @ 4:21 pm

Interesting. Cannot say I would’ve thought of it myself, but you’ve never led me astray before!

Karen — November 1, 2013 @ 6:24 pm

I just had a HUGE flashback to my childhood! I lived on toasted fluffernutter sandwiches for several years in the 70′s. You just made them even better!!

Lauren @ Will Run for Boston — November 1, 2013 @ 7:20 pm

Your photos makes these sandwiches look soooo good! I love bacon with sweet things!

Brittany from CountingMyCupcakes — November 1, 2013 @ 8:58 pm

Gosh you’re amazing. How do you come up with this stuff?! I hardly even eat meat, but I’m about to make a big exception.

Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps — November 1, 2013 @ 11:18 pm

Holy Crap. That is all…

Two Red Bowls — November 2, 2013 @ 10:11 am

YES!!! I love bacon in EVERYthing and this sounds too perfect. (I made bacon chocolate chip cookies the other day and brought them in to work before realizing that not everyone is as enthusiastic about bacon as I am… “You did…what?” “Wait, that’s a thing?”) This looks so delicious — thank you for posting!

Elaine (BreatheEatLive) — November 2, 2013 @ 8:52 pm

YES I will take this. Can’t remember if I’ve already commented on this blog, but here we go! Bacon, peanut butter, bread…three things I absolutely love! Add some jelly OR nutella, and you’re golden!

Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama — November 3, 2013 @ 12:31 pm

I am really unsure if there is anything better than this combo right now. Pure ridiculousness.

vicky — November 3, 2013 @ 3:57 pm

hi there! i’m in the midst of researching to purchase a nikon dslr and was hoping you’d be able to answer a question of mine seeing that you initially used a nikon d5000 which is a dx format, and now currently use a d800 which is fx format… i’ve been trying to google what the difference is, but i only discovered that the lenses aren’t always compatible– so i figured i’d ask if you noticed an extreme difference in formats? thanks for any help!

• Jessica — November 4th, 2013 @ 8:42 am

i wish i could help you but i honestly have no idea what dx and fx mean. i am pretty clueless when it comes to cameras and have only purchased mine based off a recommendation from a photographer friend and a little research, but nothing too in depth because i don’t really care for photography. if it helps, the lens i used with the d5000 still works with my new one!

Sara — November 3, 2013 @ 7:40 pm

Yum!! I had a fois gras fluffernutter in NYC…WOW!

teri — November 4, 2013 @ 12:39 pm

this was truly one of the greatest sandwich recipes i have ever stumbled upon! and i love making all sorts of grilled sandwiches! the sweet the salty the savory all melted and gooey! thanks for this and big thanks to buzzfeed for featuring it! i have now added this site to my bookmarks! Going to make one now!!

Madison — November 5, 2013 @ 3:57 pm

A woman after my own heart! And not sorry about liking freaky tasty things! :)

Dave M — November 8, 2013 @ 8:50 pm

You have to butter both sides and grill it. #thereifixedit

Jamily — November 13, 2013 @ 9:12 am

This is my breakfast today. I’m not even sorry. Thank you, pregnancy!

Emily @ the pig & quill — November 18, 2013 @ 4:27 am

I don’t want to be that person that just comments “YES.” So I suppose I should just stop this comment right here. (Also” “YES.”)

1. Pingback: 30 Delicious Things To Cook In November | TokNok Multi Social Blogging Solutions

2. Pingback: saturday link round-up | sarahsmile.mesarahsmile.me

3. Pingback: Prato do dia | Comer com pedro

4. Pingback: Skillet Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Mac and Cheese | How Sweet It Is

5. Pingback: Fontina and White Cheddar Skillet Brussels Bacon Mac. | pinmeplease

6. Pingback: 27 Truly Magnificent Peanut Butter Desserts | GossipViews.com

7. Pingback: 27の本当に素晴らしいピーナッツバター・デザート | アメリカ最新美味しい~食事!こんな新しいメニュー見たことない!

8. Pingback: 27の本当に素晴らしいピーナッツバター・デザート | 男は美味しいご飯に弱い!最新モテ料理・肉料理! 女子は必見!

9. Pingback: 27の本当に素晴らしいピーナッツバター・デザート | アメリカ最新美味しい~食事!こんな新しいメニュー見たことない!

10. Pingback: 29 Ways To Eat Peanut Butter For Every Meal | GossipViews.com