Tuesday Things.

tuesday things I howsweeteats.com-1-2

1. We only ate a few donuts this past weekend. Have you ever had a (fried) samoa donut? If you want to live a happy life, you probably should.

2. Life question: why is it that I can buy a new shirt and never wear it yet I can’t throw away the t-shirts I’ve had for over ten years that are riddled with holes? I put away about four of them last night while doing my least favorite chore ever: folding laundry. Tied with unloading the dishwasher.

3. I can’t even deal with this french silk pie on a stick. I mean, how? I want it so bad.

4. It snowed a bit today (if you’re on instagram I’m sure you didn’t seen five thousand photos of it or anything) and here is my theory on snow: I like it but wish it snowed everyday until, like, the first week of January. It would get us all pumped up for the pretty holidays. And then, no more snow please. Just these few weeks.

5. Totally amazed at how one week it looks like this outside and the next it looks like this. All the leaves are down. WAH. In good news for you, no more fall spam.

6. I had a dream Sunday night that my bottom front teeth were falling out before my eyes. I’ve had these dreams before and have read that they usually signify feeling out of control? I dunno. I’m a control freak and feel pretty in control right now. But it haunted me all day! Ew.

7. The 23 absolute worst parts of childhood. So many… oh yes.

8. I tweeted on Sunday night that the Walking Dead emotionally drains me and it seriously does. I realize how utterly ridiculous that sounds but it’s true. I can’t bear to lose anyone else. No no no. Also, my boyfriend Daryl is such a bad ass. I’m glad that Homeland is getting better but I still feel like it needs SOMETHING else. Like a new storyline that is actually halfway believable? I don’t even mind Carrie acting crazy and going off her meds and being in the psych ward because that is real life normal. The rest is a lil nuts.

9. Last week while Eddie was watching Taylor Swift receive the Pinnacle award on the CMAS, he literally teared up. You may think that over these last four years, the jabs I take at him regarding T Swift are just random and not true, but oh no. They are REAL. He adores her.

10. I’m trying to do a little home project by myself. Pray for me. (or the house.)

55 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Lindsay — November 12, 2013 @ 2:04 pm

Got any fried samoa donuts left? I’ll be there in 5.

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs — November 12, 2013 @ 2:06 pm

omg those doughnuts. That is all. :)

Rosey Rebecca — November 12, 2013 @ 2:06 pm

I’m with you on the buying shirts and never wearing them. Also on the hating folding laundry.

French silk pie on a stick? Sign me up. Then again, I’ll eat just about anything if you put it on a stick.

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl — November 12, 2013 @ 2:12 pm

You had me at the fried Samoa donuts!!!!

Melinda — November 12, 2013 @ 2:16 pm

I have dreams about my teeth falling out all the time too. I think it has more to do with how you feel about your appearance. Here’s a good explanation from Dream Moods: http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/teethdreams.pl?method=exact&header=dreamid&search=teethintro

McKenxi — November 12, 2013 @ 2:18 pm

I heard the teeth dream signifies insecurity!? And because I’m feeling out of control and haven’t had the teeth dream yet I’ll stick with that. Haha! How awful would it be if that actually happened!?

Niki — November 12, 2013 @ 2:22 pm

Ahh those worst childhood things – hilarious. obviously the last one is the worst. poor simba!

Christina Gathright — November 12, 2013 @ 2:30 pm

Those doughnuts!! And I am sooo with you on the Walking Dead. I told my husband that we need to start picking shows that don’t leave my stomach in knots for days :( lol

Kimberly — November 12, 2013 @ 2:31 pm

Okay- i love your blog because we have the same (excellent- in my opinion) taste but now our men are the same too!?! People think i’m kidding about his love for T Swift but i am so not. I showed him the youtube video of her dorkily dancing to Cruise in the audience of an award show and i swear he was mesmerized. He even noticed her badmouthing Harry at the VMAs live in real time. He pointed and paused it and said “Did you see what she just said?!?!” Um- no honey. I am just waiting for *NSYNC.

Love your blog!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — November 12, 2013 @ 2:31 pm

Good luck with your home project. Those generally don’t end well for me…LOL I hope yours is easy-peasy! LOLing at the T Swift story. And yes that french silk pie is epic!

Kate — November 12, 2013 @ 2:37 pm

Every summer we rent for a couple of weeks the house Taylor’s parents owned in South Jersey before they moved to Nashville- great house with a short walk for donuts!

• Jessica — November 12th, 2013 @ 7:58 pm

that is awesome!!

Leigh — November 12, 2013 @ 2:57 pm

Ok so the worst parts of childhood…I work at an elementary school and my students literally flip out about most of these ON A DAILY BASIS. I thought I had outgrown them, but no…they continue to be the worst parts of my adulthood.

• Jessica — November 12th, 2013 @ 7:58 pm

omg. i can’t even imagine.

Eddie — November 12, 2013 @ 3:01 pm

It’s just that Taylor Swift has grown up in front of us, so it’s like we know her. Plus if the worst thing she does is write a song about a break-up, i’m OK with that because it beats sex tapes, DUI’s, hit & runs, shoplifting, drug use and twerking.

#TeamTaylor

Meghan T. — November 12, 2013 @ 3:09 pm

Ummm… some things.

1. Yes to emotionally draining Walking Dead. I unfortunately don’t have the cable, so I have to wait. >:

b. And I’d like to see your mister in a room with my roommate, Matt. He, too, loves the T-Swift. I mean, watches her vlogs and such. HA!

F. We can SHARE Daryl. Maybe.

<3!
    mt

Kati — November 12, 2013 @ 3:10 pm

Laughed out loud at the Taylor part. I’ve found myself liking her more (read: at all) these days too. Weird.

Jane {In the Pink and Green} — November 12, 2013 @ 3:17 pm

That T.Swift story is too funny…but I feel the same way as your husband does, love Taylor! Except watching that video for her Pinnacle award made me feel like welp, I’ve officially accomplished nothing…ha. Also, the whole teeth falling out dream is a reoccurring one that I have from time to time and it’s SO disturbing. Ugh.

Julie — November 12, 2013 @ 3:30 pm

I have the teeth dream often. I, too, have heard that it is about a lack of control. I always wake up terrified, and run to the mirror to make sure they are all still in tact. HA!

Beth R. — November 12, 2013 @ 3:35 pm

Those donuts are from Peace, Love & Little Donuts, aren’t they?! I used to love visiting that shop!

• Jessica — November 12th, 2013 @ 7:57 pm

Laura — November 12, 2013 @ 3:44 pm

Totally agree with you on the snow thing – I love, love, love having it around for Christmas but after that it just gets sad! Also: that donut picture is making me SO hungry right now :)

Kristen R. — November 12, 2013 @ 4:08 pm

I’ve had those teeth dreams before, usually when I’m stressed. Maybe your home project is stressing you out? I’m in the same boat myself, trying to remodel our guest room. I still have at least 4 days of work to go, and it has to be finished before my parents visit for Thanksgiving. No pressure! Love your blog! I’m pinning recipes almost daily.

Ashley — November 12, 2013 @ 4:20 pm

Hahaa, good luck with #10!!! Fingers crossed for ya! I have the losing teeth dream too! Also the “show up to school in your pj’s” dream.

Christina — November 12, 2013 @ 4:49 pm

The Walking Dead is TOO MUCH for me now. I can barely watch without covering my face because I don’t want to see anyone die or become a zombie.I can’t sleep after watching it!

Mallory @ Because I Like Chocolate — November 12, 2013 @ 5:14 pm

I tell you, you have to check out the Blacklist. It makes Mondays so worth it!

nicole — November 12, 2013 @ 5:18 pm

I’ve read that dreams involving your teeth falling out resemble your outer appearance and not being happy with it.
    I used to have dreams about my teeth falling out but I could always put them back in. Sometimes it was just one sometimes all of them it was reallllly weird.

Lauren — November 12, 2013 @ 5:28 pm

I will come unload your dishwasher if you give me some of your goods. An arm for an arm? That’s what that means, right?

Severiana — November 12, 2013 @ 5:39 pm

I thought teeth falling out signified an upcoming pregnancy! I had those dreams with all three of my babies!

Simone — November 12, 2013 @ 5:44 pm

I would just like to say, thanks to you posting the recipe of sweet potato doughnuts, it was enough to convince my husband to get me one. I made doughnuts for the first time this morning and I was so giddy. I literally brought my husband to the kitchen [after I made him close his eyes] and was like “LOOK WHAT I MADE!!!!” I made banana doughnuts with peanut butter glaze and white chocolate chips.

• Simone — November 12th, 2013 @ 5:44 pm

**get a doughnut pan

Taryn — November 12, 2013 @ 5:56 pm

I agree with your snow thoughts 100%. I love it around the holidays, but by the middle of January I’m so over it.

DessertForTwo — November 12, 2013 @ 6:35 pm

omg your husband is a Taylor Swift fan?! Mine too!!! I love it. My husband is a big, beefy former Marine, and he SINGS TAYLOR SWIFT AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS. It’s so great. Tell Eddie he’s in good company :)

Alyssa — November 12, 2013 @ 6:56 pm

OMG The Walking Dead KILLS me!! My boyfriend thinks I’m silly, but literally for the entire episode, I’m having a panic attack, freaking out that Glen or Daryl or Michonne or Laurie or anyone else who I love is going to die. I know that it has to happen eventually, right? Right?? Ugh.
    Also, I’m liking Homeland this season, it’s finally really amping up. I think something crazy is coming… at least I hope.
    On one final, rambling note… that glazed doughnut with the bacon on top is killing me. KILL.ING.ME.
    I need it right now… it might be time to make dinner. But I won’t stop thinking about that doughnut.

• Jessica — November 12th, 2013 @ 7:55 pm

i feel the EXACT same way. i stress the entire time.

Julie — November 12, 2013 @ 7:22 pm

Where did you get those donuts? I have tried a Samoa donut and it was the best thing I’ve ever had, especially because it was warm!

Everyone seems to have gotten some snow today – I’m jealous!

• Jessica — November 12th, 2013 @ 7:55 pm

peace love and little donuts!

Jordan — November 12, 2013 @ 9:13 pm

I totally agree about TWD!! I get so stressed out watching it, and I always tell my husband that there’s no way it will ever end happily.

amy — November 12, 2013 @ 11:23 pm

Its refreshing to hear that men appreciate Taylor Swift, it makes me sad to see the girls, women, who just put out so much T&A and try to be provocative and “sexy” ALL THE TIME. Miley, Rhianna, i just cant stand them anymore. Put your clothes on, stop promoting drugs and alcohol and tattoos. And i swear i am not an old lady!

;

Amara — November 13, 2013 @ 12:18 am

yesterday i had a dream where ALL of my teeth fell out in some way.
    i knew exactly what it was that was making me feel out of control so this morning i sent a very hard to write email.. i don’t feel 100% better, but i’m getting there.
    i had a caramel apple donut yesterday, pretty good!
    i look forward to these posts so much =]

Prudy @ butter, basil, and breadcrumbs — November 13, 2013 @ 9:09 am

Oh, I think we need to talk, because I thought that Daryl was my boyfriend… :-) it totally drains me too. I’m on the edge of my seat for most of the hour that we’re watching, and I’m so worried about Hershel…I’m afraid he’s not going to make it through this.. I can’t imagine that they’ll get rid of Glen. And even though she was wrong, I’m totally worried about Carol, and how Daryl is going to handle it. :-) It used to be that I’d polish my nails during that hour, but I can’t even handle doing that anymore!

Oh, and that French Silk pie on a stick? Craziness… I need one now. :-)
    Love your posts..I look forward to them … Have a lovely day.. :-)

Amanda — November 13, 2013 @ 9:39 am

Ah, Peace, Love and Little Donuts, aka Hate, Bigotry and Little Donuts – they apparently have some pretty conservative and militant views. Delicious donuts though, just had some the Friday before last.

• Jessica — November 13th, 2013 @ 9:51 am

i was just telling my dad about this while we were in there! i couldn’t remember where i heard it though… was it maybe through yelp reviews? do you have any details??

• Amanda — November 13th, 2013 @ 10:03 am

It’s pretty well known so I do believe there are people on Yelp that have commented on it. There’s also a bit about his views in this piece in the Post-Gazette. http://www.post-gazette.com/businessnews/2009/10/18/Owner-s-or-CEO-s-opinions-can-affect-the-bottom-line/stories/200910180243

I first became aware of the issue when a friend of mine (who happens to be gay) mentioned it. I recall a while back reading that the guy sometimes makes comments about his views to customers. I can’t recall if I’ve heard anyone’s experience being treated poorly as a customer should they, say, go in holding hands and being affectionate with their same-sex partner. I’ve only been there once (bc I have no business eating donuts – tragedy since I live right by there) but everyone seemed super friendly when I was there.

Ellen — November 13, 2013 @ 10:08 am

OMG those donuts… I want, I want! Booking that site for when I end up in one of those locations– yum.

betty (the sweaty betty) — November 13, 2013 @ 10:18 am

ugh. walking dead. I almost had a heart attack with glen looked like he was on the way out. and I hated daryl at the beginning, but I love him now.

Christa — November 13, 2013 @ 10:57 am

Tell hubby that T Swift is a country imposter….real country fans teared up for George Strait and Alan Jackson ;)

• Jessica — November 13th, 2013 @ 11:34 am

oh he’s a real country fan and teared up for george… he has strictly listened to country since a kid and there is more conway twitty and hank williams in my house than i’d ever admit.

Jim Price — November 13, 2013 @ 11:19 am

Namaste. I am a fellow “Dead Head”. Love watching how the characters develop.

Amy — November 13, 2013 @ 12:36 pm

I’ve commented before on how often you say something that sounds like me, but now you’re having the teeth dreams too!!! Totally freaking me out – they are my only reoccurring dream and I hate them!

Damommachef — November 13, 2013 @ 1:02 pm

I think your Tuesday posts are so funny. I read them every week. Thanks for the commentary. Helps me with the mid-week slump.

Crystal — November 13, 2013 @ 1:18 pm

I hate, HATE unloading the dishwasher. My husband and I fight over who’s turn it is to do it. I usually make a deal involving me cleaning the entire house if he’ll unload it. I’m that serious about my hatred. A glass (or two) of wine helps when folding clothes. It’s the putting away part that sucks for me. Have a great day! :)

margaret — November 13, 2013 @ 2:15 pm

I have the recurring teeth dream…I’ve heard it is that you are holding on to something too tightly in your life. So, that would mesh with the control freak thing! I hate that dream!

Beth @ bethcakes — November 13, 2013 @ 4:02 pm

Haha, your boyfriend Daryl sounds a lot like my boyfriend Daryl. ;)

Gayle — November 14, 2013 @ 9:55 pm

The only nightmare I really ever have involves my teeth falling out. Usually like corn being cut from the cob, they come out in groups in my nightmares. I wake up freaked out and holding my teeth with my tongue. I’m a control freak too, so I think you’re probably onto something there.