tuesday things I howsweeteats.com

1. Now that spring is, well… springing, I am so back in burger mode. Forget the fact that it’s going to snow tomorrow. #what

2. This cheesy chick flick popcorn? I so want that. Brilliant.

3. Um. So last week I had a dream that I gave birth to a SHARK. Yes, a shark. My BFF asked me if it then turned around ate me and I said, “oh no, I woke up when the fins were coming out.” YEAH. What is my life? (and no, you cryptic dream readers, I am not pregnant.)

4. Kinda flipping out because I am officially getting old. I used to be able to read without the lights on and do things in the dark, and when you’re young, you’re parents always yell and say something like, “turn on a light! how can you see?!” Well. Now I can’t. Now I find myself turning on lights and holding things far away from me so I can read them. I’m done with growing up.

5. Please tell me you’ve seen this 4 year old who makes paper dresses? AMAZE.

6. This past weekend as I was checking out at the grocery store, I noticed the cutest little girl (probably 10 years old or so?) behind me… and looking at me. Since I was in the self checkout line, I assumed she was thinking I was taking FOREVER (because I usually whine about that), but instead she goes “hey! can I help you bag your groceries?” Oh my gosh. She was the cutest thing ever and it melted my heart. I said of course she didn’t have to help me, but thank you so much and she was all “no, I really like to help!” She then went down to the end of my lane and started bagging all of my groceries while her mom waited behind me until I finished. She said her daughter loves to come to the store with her so she can help people bag their groceries. Seriously dying. Just the thought kind of brings tears to my eyes. It was so sweet.

7. Speaking of heart moving… a grandfather wrote his own obituary before passing away. Never did I ever think I’d say this, but it’s funny and if possible… happy.

8. TV Talk: True Detective! So I am happy but shockingly (to myself) kind of sad that it ended that way – maybe I wanted more even more of a cliffhanger? But I’m sure if it ended in a cliffhanger I’d be complaining about that soooo… yeah. Girls was okay but I find myself watching it just waiting for it to be over. Still dying over the Walking Dead – I see so many people saying that it’s boring and that it’s losing steam and I feel the complete opposite. I actually like what they are doing right now because it’s semi-realistic… in an unrealistic world? Whatevs. I like it!

9. We did finish House of Cards and while I’m a crazy person and still rooting for Frank & Claire, I have to ask – what now? Eddie says there is only one way to go from here… down. Ha. Now that I’ve finished a million different shows, what should I watch next? I am already watching Scandal – the current season but also some old ones on netflix at the same time. Because that’s how I roll. And I don’t even like that expression.

10. Spring clothes shopping? It’s all I want to do. Trying to resist. Have you found anything fun? Enable me.

60 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — March 11, 2014 @ 12:42 pm

I loved all the articles about that girl who makes paper dresses! It’s so cool!

Cindy — March 11, 2014 @ 12:43 pm

I think the Walking Dead has needed to flesh out (pun intended) some of those peripheral characters…though, it still stresses me the eff out every week.

I totally had a dream that I had a baby that was trying to tear it’s way out of my stomach. It was horrifying, but then it was just born all of the sudden and like 2 years old.

And…I love that little girl helping you at the store! SO CUTE! I was driving yesterday and a little boy on a bike totally waved me through an intersection, all friendly and gentleman-like, when I stopped to let him go by…and then he waved at me as I drove by. My heart totally melted into a puddle. It was so dang adorable.

Jess — March 11, 2014 @ 12:47 pm

You should try The Good Wife if you’re not already into it. I started Season 1 on hulu recently and can’t stop watching!! My beaux is also super into it which surprised me a ton!

Brie @ Entrée the Giant — March 11, 2014 @ 12:48 pm

Still thinking of True Detective – and still creeped out every time I walk my dog at night since we take a trek trough a wooded area. I think to myself, is this Carcosa?

I’ll choose to day dream about spring shopping instead on my walk tonight, thanks to you!

Rachel @ Fairietale Designs — March 11, 2014 @ 12:48 pm

I’m not much of a burger eater these days, but that picture makes me want one!

My latest spring clothing purchase was a Santorini 2 dress from Athleta. SO comfortable and it’s going to travel really well when I go to my SILs wedding this summer (in fact, it’s what I’m wearing to the wedding!).

The girl who helped you at the store sounds adorable! I hate that they lose that…my 10 year old would give me *such* a stink eye if I asked her to help bag groceries, or do much else these days! We’re entered the tween attitude universe over here and it’s killing me already. Heaven help when she becomes an actual teenager!

Sara Beth — March 11, 2014 @ 12:52 pm

If you didn’t already watch it a million years ago, I recently finished all of Weeds on Netflix and it’s great. I really couldn’t love House of Cards any more and am tempted to watch it all over again, but they kill everyone I love! Can’t go through it for a second time!

Rachel — March 11, 2014 @ 12:53 pm

I felt the same way about True Detective, then I found out that next season (and every season after) will have a completely different story line – new characters, new actors, new plot! I’m kind of distraught. Matthew McConaughey was so awesome.

Diane — March 11, 2014 @ 12:53 pm

I just finished House of Cards after binge watching it. I hope Doug is not dead and you are right, what now??? I seem to keep watching series that are either over or I have to wait a year to see the next season. I don’t know why I can’t find a current series and stick with it like a normal person lol. My neice said to me the other day (shes 17) ‘why do all old people hold their phones away to read’. Hilarious and totally true as I was trying to read her an email.

Lindsay — March 11, 2014 @ 12:56 pm

The little girl with paper dresses! So precious!

You should watch The Killing or Luther. Both were super addicting and both on Netflix! And have you ever watched The Wire on HBO? One of my all time faves.

Rachel Haynes — March 11, 2014 @ 1:09 pm

Agreed on Luther. Or Seasons 1 and 2 of Damages.

And if you haven’t seen Sherlock someone needs to lock you up until you do.

Natalie — March 11, 2014 @ 1:18 pm

when i was little and life was more innocent my dad used to drop me off at the registers and I would check people out and bag their groceries with the one check out lady… it was the best… when the place closed my dad got her a job at the hospital he ran… life is beautiful sometimes…

Dana Williams — March 11, 2014 @ 1:22 pm

REVENGE! Do you watch revenge?

Mandy@ladyandpups — March 11, 2014 @ 1:22 pm

Thanks thanks! And I’m totally gonna write my own obituary now.

Jenni — March 11, 2014 @ 1:38 pm

Since you say you’ve already watched so many shows, I’m assuming you’ve watched Breaking Bad. But if you haven’t, lock yourself up right now and watch it. I just finished the series and now I feel like there’s a gaping hole in my life. I don’t remember what I used to do before I started watching it…#sadbuttrue

And oh my god, that little girl at the grocery store. That’s the most adorable thing ever. Little kids should give boyfriends a few lessons. “I know I don’t HAVE to help you, but I WANT to.” ;)

Trang — March 11, 2014 @ 1:38 pm

I rec breaking bad,an d I just started house of cards!! Also wish netflix would hurry up and load all of scandal…love love that show.

Julianne — March 11, 2014 @ 1:40 pm

Hi Jess! My fiance and I created a rap music video to invite our bridal party to be in our wedding. It’s really silly and as I was reading your post today I thought to myself…”I feel like Jess would like this.” Ha! Enjoy ;)

Rhea — March 11, 2014 @ 2:11 pm

Please tell me you have seen this little ball of adorableness. She’s 3 yrs old and she cuts her hair and donates it to kids who are sick and sad because they’re hair fell out!

Casey — March 11, 2014 @ 2:15 pm

If you’re into shows like Scandal you might like Leverage. I’ve been watching it marathon-style on Netflix and there are several seasons up so that helps.

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — March 11, 2014 @ 2:22 pm

I saw someone post that paper dress girl on Facebook a few days ago and was blown away. Then, yesterday morning, out of nowhere, my 5 year old said, “Today I want to make a dress out of paper.” Not kidding. So I showed her the pictures I’d seen and she is now completely obsessed. We started a dress yesterday and she is so excited about it. She doesn’t understand, however, why she can’t wear her dress to school once we finish it. :)

Nikki — March 11, 2014 @ 2:53 pm

We are finally current on Shameless. Have you watched that? It’s really good. I didn’t think id like it as much as I do. For something light and funny, I highly recommend New Girl. I laughed out loud at every episode. It’s my new “Friends” because I totally want to be in that show and know those people. I think next on our list is House of Cards :)

Joanna @ love always jo — March 11, 2014 @ 3:05 pm

Having someone bag your groceries is the best thing. I was in Trader Joe’s yesterday after a pretty crappy day and as the girl bagged my groceries I felt so taken care of I was tearing up. It really is the little things.

Birth, babies, and pregnancy in dreams symbolize new ideas. Do you have a fierce new idea that’s ready to be born?

Have you watched The Killing? If not, I recommend that as your next show. 3 seasons on Netflix.

Sarah — March 11, 2014 @ 3:14 pm

guilty pleasure show is Nashville, and the music is actually pretty good if you’re into country. I second watching Sherlock, and it’s a quick one to go through because there are only 9 total episodes. Speaking of episodes, the show Episodes is hilarious (bonus, lots of Friends references because Matt LeBlanc plays himself). And since you were so into the West Wing I’d recommend giving Newsroom a shot. I know a lot of people don’t like it, but I am a fan!

Amber — March 11, 2014 @ 3:15 pm

Seriously dying that the next season of House of Cards doesn’t come out until NEXT June. Don’t know what to do with myself.

Lindsay @ The Live-In Kitchen — March 11, 2014 @ 3:17 pm

I heard that True Detective will be a totally different cast and story next season, so they couldn’t leave it on a cliffhanger! I feel pretty sad about that, but they did so well this time around that I’m sure they’ll get it together for season 2. Shark baby. Yikes. Not sure what to say about that one!

Ashley @ Snow Cream and Syrup — March 11, 2014 @ 3:27 pm

It MIGHT be sad that it took me about .34 seconds to recognize your hamburger – the double bacon cheeseburger from Five Guys.

And of course, now I want one.

Kier — March 11, 2014 @ 3:38 pm

That popcorn looks like the best thing to curl up with and watch countless episodes of whatever….currently, my husband and I are loving Sherlock. And the girl with the dresses – amazing! I just discovered the blog last week.

LOVE these posts!

Ashley — March 11, 2014 @ 3:40 pm

OMG the paper dresses!!!!!!! I’ve liked this season of Girls quite a bit. I think because Adam’s been such a big part of it and he rules. You haaaave to start watching Shameless. Took me a few episodes to warm up, but really a great show.

Jackie — March 11, 2014 @ 3:54 pm

1) Gimme that burger
    2) Time for some enabling:

1http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/steve-madden-ecentric-pony-hair-flat/3666281?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=2375500&fashionColor=&resultback=228&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_1_B (Ordered these bad gals yesterday — can’t WAIT for them to arrive)

-http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/ag-drew-destroyed-boyfriend-jeans-14-year-tailspin/3695495?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=60133980&fashionColor=&resultback=1368&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_5_C (I think they are perfect)

-http://www.toryburch.com/viv-flat/11148339.html?dwvar_11148339_size=5&start=3&dwvar_11148339_color=254&cgid=shoes-flats (More shoes, sorry)

-https://www.shopbop.com/mara-hoffman/br/v=1/2534374302031143.htm (ALL OF THE THINGS)

-https://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441840424&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302077882&srcCode=AFFI00001&siteId=QFGLnEolOWg-Hf95AkULF66WUmXsAOzTEw

SOMEBODY STOP ME I AM A MONSTER

Okayyourturnthankyouandgoodnight!

RunEatRepeat — March 11, 2014 @ 4:21 pm

What is up with house of cards!?!? I loved it but kinda feel like they let Frank off too easy – really? No one gives him a run for his money?? I feel like that’s hard to believe.

Adrienne — March 11, 2014 @ 4:58 pm

Shameless! Emily Rossum is amazingggg! I jumped on just this season but it’s simply amazing.

Mariah and Coty@quirksandtwists — March 11, 2014 @ 6:09 pm

Love this Tuesday post! Um, I”m with you on House of Cards, I cannot even comprehend why I want to root for Frank and Claire, but i do! In terms of fun Spring clothes, I’m kind of into rompers from Urban Outfitters…I know.

Sarah | The Sugar Hit — March 11, 2014 @ 7:18 pm

DAT BURGER is calling my name. And the obituary of Walter Bruhl is totally beautiful. One of the most uplifting things I’ve ever read. I want to be like that guy.

Sara — March 11, 2014 @ 7:18 pm

Nashville is on tomorrow…YES!! Did you watch Orange is the New Black on Netflix? Season 2 starts in June! As for spring shopping…I treated myself to this adorable clutch! Fits my iPhone and credit cards. Super cute!

Kerrin — March 11, 2014 @ 7:44 pm

For sure New Girl!! My favorite show and I just say I feel like you are me in adult form (sorry) and I basically could not be more excited about it?? You inspire me! Especially your passion post, I majorly related and it really made me realize how much I love to write and now I am trying to figure out WHAT to do about it!! All I ever want to do is bake and go to yoga and go to the beach and have so much fun and experience life and WRITE ABOUT IT in my dorky teenage girl dialect and I can’t even deal because like my education is getting in the way, ugh :-) But just wanted to let you know how much I adoooore you/your blog and love how you’re living your life (positively and super fun and young and cool)- also, is anyone ever really too old for sparkles/neon/sprinkles or even being sixteen??? I don’t think so!! Thanks for sharing your talent and being you! :-)

Nicole @ Start With Four Walls — March 11, 2014 @ 7:53 pm

New Girl and The Mindy Project are both pretty cute!

I said the exact same thing at the end of House of Cards. Also Claire is looking more and more amazing as the show goes on. She makes me want to cut my hair short even though I know, I KNOW it would not look good on me.

Natalie — March 11, 2014 @ 8:26 pm

So, I’m pregnant. This may explain why I cried while reading your blog post, eating a ham and cheese sandwich (toasted on ciabiatta), specifically over your story of the little girl in the grocery store. As for spring shopping, it is ALL I want to do! Luckily, because I’m pregnant, I have a fantastic reason to do so whenever I want – my clothes don’t fit me! Yay! Unfortunately, I have no fun suggestions for you that would give you reason to go out and buy those clothes, unless you like ‘em extra sexy with side paneling and belly panels. If that’s the case, Gap has a great maternity section.

Jess — March 11, 2014 @ 8:47 pm

Yeah, I think this is the beginning of the end for House of Cards, and I think at some point it’s gotta come tumbling down. Just like a house of cards!

justine — March 11, 2014 @ 9:39 pm

You should watch Parenthood, its on netflix! Great show, I didn’t expect much of it at all, since i’m not really a network tv show person but lauren graham is on it( Gilmore Girls 4ever ! lol) and the whole cast is amaze! Shameless is good too, but only the British version is on netflix.

Megan — March 11, 2014 @ 10:34 pm

#6 is just the cutest. What a good kid!

Tiffany — March 11, 2014 @ 10:44 pm

I’ve always loved going to the store with my mom and help bag groceries, It’s weirdly fun for me. One day the cutest little old lady in the next line asked me to go get her a case of water and was pretty adamant about it. I happily obliged but the checker thought I was crazy! My mom still laughs about it!

Patty — March 12, 2014 @ 6:58 am

Try watching the series “INTELLIGENCE” on Netflix. It’s a few years old but great.

stephanie — March 12, 2014 @ 8:11 am

Forget the popcorn…she made peanut butter sugar!! I followed your link and happened upon these! Omfg.

Colleen — March 12, 2014 @ 8:11 am

My favorites right now are Vikings and Banshee. I’m also still addicted to scarves, even though Spring is finally arriving. Love this site!

Liselle Konig — March 12, 2014 @ 8:42 am

I have to comment on what you said about not being able to read when there’s little or no light. I’m feeling old too because when I got my Nook I still wanted to read real books more than read on the Nook. Now I’m so much more comfortable reading on the Nook because there is always light since it’s backlit. I do still love a real book but I LOVE the Nook when I’m in low light.

Jane S — March 12, 2014 @ 10:22 am

We are hooked on The Americans! So good! About spys living in the U.S. during the cold war. Its on FX…check it out! Love your food and love the blog, Jess!

Nicole — March 12, 2014 @ 11:05 am

Am i the only one watching LOOKING?!?! It comes on right after girls! Loveee it

Lauren Scott — March 12, 2014 @ 11:08 am

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…PARENTHOOD!!! Best show ever! Also just started Orange is The New Black on Netflix and it’s highly entertaining.

Sue — March 12, 2014 @ 1:50 pm

I love the story about the little grocery-bagger. Thanks for being the grateful “baggee” that I know you were. My nephew is a little helper too and sometimes people don’t acknowledge it–it’s so weird to me. For example, we were shopping recently and were waiting near the front door for our slow sister/mom. As someone approached, my nephew jumped up to hold the door open for her and she said absolutely nothing. Maam, there is no doorman at Kohls… So thanks to you & everyone else who acknowledges those little things when done by anyone of all ages–especially kiddos who are learning to be polite & helpful! :)

Sophia @ NY Foodgasm — March 12, 2014 @ 2:06 pm

A burger can ALWAYS make me feel better YUM! I love House of Cards, obsessed! Wonder what will happen next? Scary though how he lies ALL the time, is he even truthful with himself?

Kim — March 12, 2014 @ 2:39 pm

I want to throw my face into that burger.

1. Pingback: NEW SERIES: WE LOVE WEDNESDAYS! | THE BLUEBERRY BISON