tuesday things I howsweeteats.com

1. There are currently big white things falling from the sky. I thought they were flower blossoms and it was windy out and I was like ohhhh that’s so pretty… NOT. They are not flowers.

2. Even though we had a totally gorgeous weekend weather wise, it dawned on me on Saturday that our AC had broke in the fall and we figured that we’d fix it in the spring. Well. Our house must have super insulation or something, because as of yesterday it was 82 degrees inside. If you’ve read this blog, you know how much I hate to be hot (I’d like to live in Antarctica). To say I was losing my mind would be an understatement.

3. Cannot even take this mexican chorizo and garlic shrimp burger. Those freaking photos. Mouth = watering.

4. To deal with the bipolar weather, I’m making a killer summer playlist. You will probably only like it if you are 65 years+.

5. Um. So now there is a link that you can click on facebook and it tells you who you should unfriend. It is seriously SPOT ON. (even better, in the comments of that post there are links to friends who “like chris brown” and other hilarious things… that should be unfriended.)

6. The 65 thoughts everyone has when they go to Trader Joe’s. It’s real… as I just had a huge TJs binge last week. Except the part about two buck chuck. We don’t get two buck chuck. Oh and #61… always. That confuses me.

7. Celery is the devil. It belongs with raisins.

8. I feel so TV lost. I’m barely watching anything! I watched Mad Men and was like WHAT. Sort of a snoozefest. I’m sort of watching Scandal so there’s that. Nashville needs to come back on ASAP. I need a new Netflix marathon and I’m thinking an old HBO show.

9. I just attempted to go to the post office at noon on tax day. How clueless am I?

82 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Nancy Long — April 16, 2014 @ 7:38 am

oh my, hubby will forgive me anything for the Chorizo Shrimp burger and still laughing at the TJ’s list. Waiting for the one in St. Pete to open. Hubby drove by the new one in Tampa last week and said OMG not going there anytime soon. Traffic around it was unreal! Will have to wait for the newness to wear off. Never had that problem in MD.

Jennifer R — April 16, 2014 @ 8:29 am

#61 at TJ’s, the bell ringing, I was told that they ring that when they need another check out lane open, they don’t use the pa system to broadcast it.

Jean — April 16, 2014 @ 9:09 am

Check out Orphan Black! It’s fantastic! Season Two starts on Saturday, so you might want to set that up on the DVR while you catch up on the first season.

• Shiloh Barkley — April 16th, 2014 @ 9:26 pm

Agreed! Get on it!! It’s only ten hours to catch up!!!

• Shiloh Barkley — April 16th, 2014 @ 9:27 pm

What is this FB tab you’re speaking of? I need this.

Jennifer Schrauth — April 16, 2014 @ 9:53 am

I’m feeling kind of bored with TV right now too. It’s like I’m watching so many shows, yet not really into them. I keep randomly stop watching stuff cause I’m just not into it anymore. I’ve ruined regular TV for myself because I only want to marathon things. Still loving the Good Wife though, and Game of Thrones. The 100 on the CW is new and it’s pretty okay so far, and Unbelievable is new and also pretty okay so far. Eh. Share your summer playlist! Spotify, maybe?

Tracy | Peanut Butter and Onions — April 16, 2014 @ 9:55 am

Have you tried, Orange is the new black?

Ross | TheFaceBaby — April 16, 2014 @ 11:40 am

you’re crazy. celery is amazing. but only if it’s green and super crunchy. white celery is the devil. the white devil.

Lui — April 16, 2014 @ 12:12 pm

If you like Si-Fi you should watch Dr. Who, best show ever! or something more girly, Drop Dead Diva is good, you can watch it on Netflix and have a marathon.

Phi @ The Sweetphi Blog — April 16, 2014 @ 2:15 pm

Ok, totally LOVE this list. I felt the SAME way about Mad Men, I know my husband *loved* it when I kept turning to him and saying ‘did I miss something’ no really ‘did we miss an episode, who are these people’ and on top of that it was a little boring, but I still <3 it of course. And Nashville, YES! that needs to come back ASAP!

Lisa — April 16, 2014 @ 3:33 pm

I’m going to back up the Six Feet Under folks…which translates into my love of Parenthood, btw. Which, even if you aren’t a parent, you can love because it’s about all relationships. And also Suits and White Collar, because witty writing and plot twists, oh yeah. But the show that I have loved most recently and has left a big hole in my heart is the US version of Being Human. It just ended a week ago, and I’m still mourning. Catch that on Netflix and you won’t be disappointed.

Paula h — April 16, 2014 @ 6:44 pm

Hope you post your summer playlist for us 65+ s!
    Do you have HBO 2 Go? Great for catching up on their old shows.. On Netflix there is Justfied…one of my favorites and I’m a Nashville fan; and The Americans.

Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps — April 16, 2014 @ 9:49 pm

Ok. Where is this unfriend link you speak of? I need this!! I’m too lazy to just go through all my friends and figure out who should stay and who should go.

Also, I’ve been so deprived of Connie Britton the last few weeks, I’ve started watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix, currently four episodes into season 2, and I started last weekend…..

Jenna — April 16, 2014 @ 10:01 pm

Try 6 Feet Under — an old HBO show and quite addicting!

Akram Taghavi-Burris — April 16, 2014 @ 11:48 pm

I agree celery and raisins are bad, but for me carrots are the main devil ;)

Mia Dumont — April 17, 2014 @ 7:31 am

Got Tuesday Things on Wednesday, read it on Thursday. Oh well… Laugh so much at Trader Joe’s list! So true! They are opening in Burlington (Vmt) mid-May, will be closer to Montreal than Washington where I discovered the pumpkin butter. Oh My ! Have a good Easter!
    P.S. Celery and Raisins are no evil. Try the tender leaves from the heart, you know, “coeur de céleri”. They have a wonderful fragrance on any food, chopped fresh on top of salads, soups. They should sell it apart, like VIP Celery. And raisins, well, they vary in shape, color and taste, so… you really hate it? Did you ever try the tiny ones called “Chasselas”? Small green wine grapes that are so subtle, like champagne!

Ali Burtt — April 17, 2014 @ 8:04 am

O.M.G. Post office on tax day. I did that by accident last year and I was like NEVER AGAIN. And I remembered not to go this year. So go me.

Elizabeth — April 18, 2014 @ 3:50 pm

wait where is this link on Facebook?!

Amanda — April 19, 2014 @ 8:51 am

I hope you share your playlist! :-)

Lora — April 20, 2014 @ 4:30 am

You should watch “Offspring” on hulu. Australian. Really good. Funny. Also dramatic at times. I became obsessed a couple of episodes into it. Really good show and the next season is starting this summer. I think you would really like the main character, Nina.

Kristen — April 28, 2014 @ 2:28 pm

#61 hahahahaha! Last week I was at Trader Joe’s with my 5 year old and the cashier asked me if I minded if he rang the bell. He looked at me with excitement! He grabbed the bell and shook it so vigorously. All of the employees froze in place and didn’t know what to do. Then he rang it a second time with even more vigor. The cashier looked nervously around and yelled “false alarm!”. Another bell was being rung at the same time for an employee about to drop a couple of cases of sparkling water on herself but no one came to her assistance thanks to our bell incident. It was a chaotic 30 seconds. And now everytime we go there he is going to want to ring the bell.