[yo! i originally had something else fun planned for today but internet issues halted that. instead i'm boring-ly sharing some of my favorite things i recently jacked from my inspiration board on pinterest, which i'm still totally loving by the way. did you make one? it's like my virtual junk drawer for my favorite things. it's just a mess that i adore.

also, tonight you should probably make this pizza. it's what i am doing.

or you should grill some bread. am i a broken record yet? get ice cream too.

oh oh and what's your favorite quote? i am a basic sucker for inspirational quotes, always have been, for over ten years mine has been "when you want something you've never had, you must do something you've never done." so annoyingly simple right? obvi. xoxo]

random food for thought I howsweeteats.com

random food for thought I howsweeteats.com

random food for thought I howsweeteats.com

random food for thought I howsweeteats.com

random food for thought I howsweeteats.com

I do love us!

28 Responses to “on some food for thought.”

Jackie Fo — June 4, 2014 @ 7:36 am

That Maya Angelou quote is great and oh so true.

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — June 4, 2014 @ 7:53 am

Have a great Wednesday. :)

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — June 4, 2014 @ 7:54 am

Love that Maya Angelou quote! You are the reason why I started my Pinterest Inspiration board too–and it is my fave. Here are two of my favorites!

Vix — June 4, 2014 @ 8:21 am

My favorite has always been “The journey of one thousand miles begins with a single step.” ~Lao Tzu Also a fan of this E.L. Doctorow: “You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole journey that way.” Each of them reminds me to slow down and enjoy the journey, one step at a time, and also to break large tasks down into smaller, manageable pieces.

samantha — June 4, 2014 @ 9:16 am

I love the “nothing will work unless you do”. I have a board on pinterest to help motivate me through Court Reporting school. It’s a completely different program than anything else and unless you take the time to practice and put in the effort, then you aren’t going to see the results. So this totally applies to my life right now.

Molly @ Doughvelopment — June 4, 2014 @ 9:50 am

Yo,
    I’m always discovering new quotes, so I don’t have a single favorite, but multiple! With Pinterest I’ve found so many I had to start a board just dedicated to quotes…
    http://www.pinterest.com/doughvelopment/you-said-it-dude/ …and I kind of love all of them, all 1,000 + !
    Also, totally started an inspiration board because of you!

WE LOVE YOU TOO!

Lauri — June 4, 2014 @ 9:56 am

I read your blog weekly and I do not think I have ever commented….”I love us” was the quote for my senior year softball team in high school :) We used to always say it and we even had a mix tape named I Love us. You posting this just brought back a ton of great memories from 20 years ago!!!

allison — June 4, 2014 @ 10:02 am

“do small things with great love” – Mother Teresa.
    this one (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/504121752009401202/) from Perks of Being a Wallflower
    and “love lust faith + dreams” which is actually Thirty Seconds to Mars’ most recent album and tour name. I just love it; everything a perfect day is filled with.

Lynn @ The Actor’s Diet — June 4, 2014 @ 10:42 am

“life itself is the proper binge” – julia child

Alicia Greenrabbit — June 4, 2014 @ 10:48 am

” I have decided to be happy ,because it is good for my health”.

Rosie — June 4, 2014 @ 11:29 am

LOVE X

Alex @ Kenzie Life — June 4, 2014 @ 11:34 am

One of my favorite quotes is “If you do what you always do, you’ll get what you always got”. I don’t know if it’s a “legit” quote but someone once told me that and it’s stuck with me. I think about it whenever I’m tempted to do things the same way. It reminds me of that Einstein quote “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

Annie @ Annie's City Kitchen — June 4, 2014 @ 12:00 pm

I recently made a Pinterest inspiration board based on your suggestion! It mainly just turned into a “picture of pretty places board” but I love it!

Ashley — June 4, 2014 @ 12:10 pm

Love the “i love us” — to sweet <3

Julie — June 4, 2014 @ 3:35 pm

Hi Jessica!
    I’m a Clevelander and my family and I are looking for somewhere close to travel to in July for a short getaway. Do you think Pittsburgh has a bunch of fun activities for a couple days that would be good for a family with a one year old? Or is it really more of an adult city atmosphere? Are there any beaches around you?
    Thanks, Julie

Angelyn @ Everyday Desserts — June 4, 2014 @ 4:41 pm

I adore this post. Inspirational quotes are what I live for.

Angelyn @ Everyday Desserts — June 4, 2014 @ 4:42 pm

I adore this post. Inspirational quotes are the best!

Sarah — June 4, 2014 @ 7:32 pm

I put this in as my quote in the yearbook for my senior year in high school: “It’s a magical world, Hobbes ol’ buddy… Let’s go exploring!” Yes, the last strip of Calvin ‘n Hobbes.

I used to see in the malls ads for “Inspiration”. One in particular stands out: Winston Churchill “Never never never give up”

Cheyenne — June 5, 2014 @ 1:20 am

love these quotes! i couldn’t choose which one is my favorite – thanks for sharing :)
    xo, cheyenne

Millie l Add A Little — June 5, 2014 @ 1:24 am

Love these quotes Jessica! Totally brought a smile to my face :)

Kyle — June 5, 2014 @ 8:43 am

My favorite quote seems simple but so obvious for those of us who have spun our wheels on something – career, relationships, personal growth: “If you want something you’ve never had you have to do something you’ve never done.” Boom. Life solved.

Sophia @ NY Foodgasm — June 5, 2014 @ 9:18 am

Loving the inspiration an the board on pinterest, soooo much prettiness!

Isobel — June 5, 2014 @ 9:25 am

Such heart warming and inspiring quotes. Some of my absolute favourites. I love reading posts like this. xx

jaime @laviejaime — June 5, 2014 @ 9:46 am

grilled bread is the best!!

3girls1apple — June 6, 2014 @ 9:10 am

Love these quotes!!!

Claire — June 7, 2014 @ 1:32 am

I’m a sucker for motivational quotes, too. I legally enjoyed this post!

Claire — June 7, 2014 @ 1:33 am

Oh, geez. Autocorrect. Really enjoyed. Really.

Annie @Maebells — June 10, 2014 @ 12:08 pm

My favorite is “Decide what you want to be, and go be it” Super simple, but a good way to live life!