Hey hey! So we are about two months away from the release of Seriously Delish and I’m all OMG-I-can’t-even-believe-it-is-this-real-life? It’s true. It is.

seriously delish - the new cookbook from how sweet eats I howsweeteats.com

Seriously Delish is currently available for preorder (I will love you foreverrrrrr…) on amazon, barnes and noble and indiebound and will officially be released on September 2. Just in time for all your favorite fall cooking!

For feeling like it’s taken a thousand years to get to this point, time is now flying by and it’s almost here. Totally nutso. I have received bunches of questions from you guys soooooo… here we go.

One of the things you guys keep asking is if “all of the recipes in Seriously Delish are new?” And the answer is YES. Okay, well almost. I’d say that 98% of the recipes are brand new, never seem on the blog before. This was super important to me because for years I’ve put my best recipes on the internets for free and if I’m going to buy a book? There better be some new stuff. The other 2% is filled up with some classic favorites that may have been seen on the blog back in 2009-10, but haven’t been touched since. Most are new and improved, and I’d say there are less than eight recipes (out of 150+) that are re-dos from the blog. Think my favorite guac recipe, a classic mac and cheese, my ideal baked eggs and my mom’s chicken romano that multiple people have got engaged after making. For real. It’s happened.

The rest are brand spanking new… and here is just a sprinkling of my favorites.

seriously delish - the new cookbook from how sweet eats! I howsweeteats.com

Why yes, that is a grilled cheese that comes with something to dip it in. And a cinnamon roll made with coconut oil and an amaretto squash soup with cinnamon toast croutons and and and cocktails galore. !!!!! There are lots of those. The cover image is toast (um there may be many things on toast…) with whipped ricotta and warm vanilla berries – hello breakfast forever. I cannot wait until we are making all the things together!!

I also get ridiculous giddy looking at some of these recipes because they were developed back in 2012 and do you have any idea how hard it is for me to NOT TELL YOU ABOUT THEM? I can’t keep secrets from you.

Seriously Delish has a bunch of my favorite lightened up comfort foods, an entire chapter dedicated to how the heck I can force myself to eat vegetables (obviously must taste like chocolate or bacon. Just kidding. Sort of.), the easiest dinners so you can lay on the couch and watch TV on the weeknights and a bunch of recipes that might require a shot of insulin before eating (just kidding again, sort of). Plus plus plus. Lots more!

seriously delish - the new cookbook from how sweet eats! I howsweeteats.com

You guys also keep asking if I’ll be doing book signings and a tour, and that answer is a big fat YEEEAAASS! It’s still in the works and you’ll be the first to know (because I’m sure I’ll shove it down your throats) when I know all that. So that’s all for now – feel free to leave any questions below and I will get to them in the comments. And then maybe please go preorder a book for you and 25 of your friends? K. Awesome. Heart you.

seriously delish - the new cookbook from how sweet eats! I howsweeteats.com

p.s. we can totally drink one of these together… perhaps my most favorite cocktail EVER. all i gotta say is THANK YOU!

95 Responses to “Seriously Delish Deets!”

Emily — June 23, 2014 @ 12:47 pm

AWESOME!! and many congrats to you. I just pre-ordered on Amazon. Can’t wait to get it!!!!

• Jessica — June 23rd, 2014 @ 8:12 pm

thank you!

Beth @ bethcakes — June 23, 2014 @ 1:00 pm

I’m so excited!! :)

Jen Gilson — June 23, 2014 @ 2:13 pm

Please come to Indianapolis on your book tour =)

Shannon Dingivan — June 23, 2014 @ 3:43 pm

Just pre-ordered my copy and I can’t wait for September! Please come to San Diego!

• Jessica — June 23rd, 2014 @ 8:12 pm

thanks shannon!!

Heather — June 23, 2014 @ 4:59 pm

already Pre- Ordered, excited for that book tour :)

• Jessica — June 23rd, 2014 @ 8:12 pm

thank you!!

Larry — June 23, 2014 @ 5:15 pm

I canNOT wait for this book! It’ll be my first cookbook EVER!! And I couldn’t think of one that I would rather have. YOU MUST COME TO SF! So we can wear denim and neon together and take selfies and be all OMG LOL and have something bedazzled and you can sign my book in neon Sharpie and it’ll be the best day EVARRRRRR! ♥♥♥

Cynthia — June 23, 2014 @ 8:09 pm

This is my first ever book I’m pre-ordering!! I ADORE your recipes, seriously! You give me so much inspiration in the kitchen, I can’t wait to make everything from this book. (Can we recreate Julie & Julia? You’d make the perfect Meryl!!) September 2nd can’t get here soon enough!!

• Jessica — June 23rd, 2014 @ 8:13 pm

thank you cynthia!

meredith — June 23, 2014 @ 9:11 pm

Placed my order! Excited for you; been a fan for years and haven’t had a bad recipe yet. Hoping your book tour takes you through San Francisco.

jenna @ just j.faye — June 23, 2014 @ 10:18 pm

I am so, so, so, so very excited for your cookbook to come out. Congrats on this amazing accomplishment!

Peabody — June 23, 2014 @ 10:33 pm

Can’t. Wait.

Randilea — June 23, 2014 @ 11:42 pm

OMG PLEASE COME TO SF, BERKELEY, OR LA! I will so travel to see youuuuuuuuu. And P.S. I ordered the book the day you announced it was.

Seriously though you are my absolutely 100% favorite blogger. You were the first blog I followed and ready every word of. For awhile I was inspired to create my own food blog because of you, which I did then had to stop because grad school blows. Okay done pouring my heart out to you. Anyway please please PLEASE come to SF!

Ulrike — June 24, 2014 @ 1:47 am

Just pre-ordered it! I hate to convert american to german measurements but your recipes are always sooo delicious and beautiful <3

Narelle — June 24, 2014 @ 2:11 am

Will you be coming to Australia as part of the book signing tour? Just kidding! No…but really…will you? Also, will your book be available on Book Depository? Not sure if Amazon ships to Australia. Congrats on the book also. x

Lisa D. — June 24, 2014 @ 8:15 am

Jessica–You make me chuckle. I am sure hoping the book reads like your blog posts. Funny and sarcastic and witty and all that. Thinking about your book for Christmas gifts for my family members who love to cook and eat…

Rachel — June 24, 2014 @ 9:04 am

I just pre-ordered my copy!

I am also from Pittsburgh (in fact, I just moved back after a few years away and it’s gloooorious. Can I tell you how much I’ve missed this city?) and so much of what you post is so familiar to me! How much do I love Delallo?! My fiance is nuts over Meat & Potatoes… Wait, are we soul sisters? ;)

Rachel — June 24, 2014 @ 9:23 am

I just pre-ordered my copy!!

Rachel — June 24, 2014 @ 9:24 am

Sorry for the duplicate comment :(

Cecilia — June 24, 2014 @ 9:28 am

How exciting!

I hope you make it up to Michigan because, well, duh!

Jessie — June 24, 2014 @ 12:04 pm

Just pre-ordered! Been a fan of your site for a while, pretty sure we’d be best friends in real non-internet life, and i’d be crazy to miss out on all the new recipes!! :)

Jessica — June 24, 2014 @ 12:25 pm

Cant. Wait! I pre-ordered the minute you told me you could. Luckily my bff lives in Pittsburgh, so if your book tour doesnt get you to Indianapolis… road trip for me! Congrats Jess! Can’t wait!

Linda — June 24, 2014 @ 2:59 pm

Just preordered the Kindle Edition. I believe in supporting you guys. You do a great job and I love your newsletters and your site. Congrats!!

Jennifer A — June 24, 2014 @ 5:59 pm

Puuuuuhlease please please come to San Diego! I can’t wait to get this book! Seriously excited!

Molly — June 24, 2014 @ 11:13 pm

Just pre-ordered it!! SO excited. Congrats, so happy for you!

Christina Gathright — June 25, 2014 @ 3:12 pm

Jessica, I’m pretty sure that I’ve never been more excited waiting for mail! Congratulations times a million! Please please please come to Atlanta for a book signing! Can’t wait to try every recipe in the book :)

Her Philly — June 25, 2014 @ 9:08 pm

Congrats!!! The photos look BEAUTIFUL. Please come book tour in Philly – and let’s eat something together :)
    -Emily

Rebekah — June 26, 2014 @ 7:15 pm

Totally pre-ordered like a over a month ago!!!!! Cannot wait to get it in Sept! I recommend your blog to EVERYONE! Really hope NC is on your book tour list!!!!

Halley — June 27, 2014 @ 10:01 am

Just pre-ordered! Come on 1 September! Can’t wait!

Don’t have many late-summer birthdays, but high likelihood of a Christmas gift, or 6…

Madison — June 28, 2014 @ 12:10 am

So this will be in Barnes & Noble stores on Sept. 2?! I’ll be running to the store to buy it that very day! Looks gorgeous!

Amanda — June 29, 2014 @ 9:54 am

Dude I can’t wait!!!! Easy dinner recipes are where it’s at!

Mareike — June 29, 2014 @ 2:11 pm

Please come to Santa Barbara! You’re blog is my favorite thing to read EVER! I think your recipes are what sold my boyfriend on me… ;)

Jackie Fo — June 29, 2014 @ 11:07 pm

Yes! I know your cookbook will be full of delicious recipes and most importantly, chock full of personality too! Thanks for being so fun to read :)

Stephanie @cookinfanatic — June 30, 2014 @ 11:45 am

Well my friend. You KNOW how excited I am for this!!! Ordered mine already and am expecting to see you in Richmond mmmkayyyy thanks :) ;) !!!

bev @ bevcooks — June 30, 2014 @ 3:36 pm

EEEEEEE!!!!! I can’t believe it’s ALMUSTHERRRR.

<3<3<#. I mean <3.

Ellie — July 16, 2014 @ 3:47 pm

Hey Jessica. I got into your blog pretty heavily a few years ago when I had a fairly boring job, and therefore lots of time to read the internets. My best friend was also getting married, and so I was always looking to your site for recipes for the millions of parties and functions I had to go to. Every event I would take one of your dishes and people would always rave about them. I would tell them your backstory to the recipe, and I really felt like I knew you. I am so happy you got a book deal, you really deserve it, and you bet I preordered it as soon as I could. I am sure like a bunch of your other fans, I have been waiting for your book to come out as long and anxiously as you. Congrats, and may many more successes come your way!