tuesday things I howsweeteats.com

1. I feel like I’m about 65 years old because I’m making EGG SALAD for lunch. I can’t decide if I feel like my mom or my grandma or both. If you have a to-die-for recipe for egg salad or a secret ingredient, please send it now because my eggs are boiling. Just no celery. Never.

2. Desperately wish this peanut butter bourbon milkshake would appear in front of my face. QUIT IT!

3. Had a dream last night that I made the most KILLER chocolate peanut butter ice cream, just like Kilwin’s. I was quite depressed to wake up and realize it wasn’t real. Is it an omen?!

4. Um. Apparently there are NEW EMOJIS!!! But still no bacon. How on earth is that even possible? I don’t even care about the new ones without bacon. Who is in charge here.

5. I can’t stop eating cherries. I’ve already been tricked twice thinking I had about $5 worth when I really had $13 dollar worth. I don’t even care. They are so juicy right now. Also, I feel the way about “juicy” that most people do about “moist.” There I said it.

6. My inner hopeless romantic is losing it over these Notebook-themed engagement photos. In my secret brain I’m thinking “why didn’t I think of that?”

7. We are still pacing ourselves with Orange is the New Black and while I am still liking it more than I did last season, most of the time I want to gag. I’m not into Mistresses as much as I thought I’d be. Are you watching it? I watched the finale of Game of Thrones even though I barely understood it but you know I hate to be left out. And this Sunday night starts our True Blood parties which is really just a lazy glutton fest. Cannot.wait.

8. I am, however, kind of having a heart attack after hearing that Now and Then may be made into a TV show. But but but… isn’t it going to be tough to reach a certain demographic since the people who adored the movie as kids are like… 30 now?

9. 10 ways you’re making life harder than it has to be. GAH. Love this.

55 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Divya @ Eat. Teach. Blog. — June 17, 2014 @ 1:53 pm

Love the things. I heard about these new emojis. I’ve been waiting months for this middle finger emoji.
    Life is complete.

Amy — June 17, 2014 @ 2:02 pm

Have you done the egg salad with green olives thing? Using lots of olive juice in with the mayo. It’s my fave. No actual recipe for you. I add a little mustard too. Make it a bit like a deviled egg.

Pam — June 17, 2014 @ 2:03 pm

I add a chopped avocado to egg salad. Just don’t mix it too much , it turns the egg salad a lovely shade of green.

heather — June 17, 2014 @ 2:07 pm

pickles. my secret to the best egg salad of your life!

Ashley — June 17, 2014 @ 2:08 pm

I know you said no celery… but this pickled celery from Smitten Kitchen http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2013/02/egg-salad-with-pickled-celery-and-coarse-dijon/ has been making it’s way into my egg salads and tuna sandwiches, and it’s killer. It doesn’t taste like celery! It’s like a super crunchy pickle. Mmm.

• Ashley L — June 17th, 2014 @ 2:14 pm

Seriously, PLEASE try the SK recipe. I can’t imagine anyone not liking it, it is so good!

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles — June 17, 2014 @ 2:13 pm

The price of cherries is killing me but they are so hard to resist! And yes to the excitement over the new emojis! Can’t wait.

Stephanie — June 17, 2014 @ 2:14 pm

I couldn’t pace myself with OITNB … finished season 2 and WOW is all I can say. So good!

Leesha @ Mayhem in the Kitchen! — June 17, 2014 @ 2:17 pm

Egg salad definitely makes me feel like I’m 29 going on 79, but I really really loved it with with cumin and jalapenos for a bit of a Mexican flare – http://www.mayheminthekitchen.com/jalapeno-egg-salad/

Meghan @ Cake 'n' Knife — June 17, 2014 @ 2:22 pm

Now and Then made into a TV show??? GAH, must Google NOW.

Sarah — June 17, 2014 @ 2:24 pm

Pickle relish! It’s amazing in egg salad.

Carey — June 17, 2014 @ 2:25 pm

I like to sub in cucumber or radish in replacement of the nastiness that is celery.

Erica B — June 17, 2014 @ 2:32 pm

I hate mayonnaise so I use plain greek yogurt. Otherwise it’s chives + tumeric + salt + pep + celery (sorry).

Rebekah — June 17, 2014 @ 2:37 pm

First…egg salad with dill pickle relish. AMAZING!!

I am also pacing myself on OINB. I think i is much better than last season, but you’re right. I want to gag…all.the.time.

Farah @ The Cooking Jar — June 17, 2014 @ 3:00 pm

Funny how you say that. I’ve been craving egg salad recently too and toying with the idea of making curried egg salad…should I?

Alisha — June 17, 2014 @ 3:14 pm

This egg salad is one of my favorites! http://www.closetcooking.com/2012/07/creamy-guacamole-egg-salad-sandwich.html (I’ve had it with and without the mayo, and it’s great either way!)

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — June 17, 2014 @ 3:36 pm

You have the BEST food dreams.

Susie — June 17, 2014 @ 3:45 pm

I sometimes add some curry powder to my egg salad. Sometimes sweet relish.

Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking — June 17, 2014 @ 4:25 pm

Those Notebook themed engagement photos…OMG! That one in the rain…nailed it!

Why have cherries not yet made it down to GA?! Oh the cruelty!

Jana H. — June 17, 2014 @ 4:36 pm

I gave up on Mistresses after the first show of this season. It just isn’t as good as last season. :-( I AM, however, enjoying some Longmire on A&E. Cowboys. ‘Nough said. :-D

But OMG, the Notebook photos! I die!

Jenni — June 17, 2014 @ 4:50 pm

Okay so for one thing, who creates these emojis?! Like, what?! We need five million new suns? I need to sit down and have a meeting with these emoji creators, because clearly they STILL do not have their priorities in order.

For a second thing, thank you for sharing that Thought Catalog article! I was almost not going to click on it because it sounded like it would be another predictable TC article full of the same old yada yada that they post all the time, but then I decided that I trust the relevance of your Tuesday Things, and so I clicked. A very insightful read! I was surprised to be enlightened. I love the one about ascribing intent.

Lynn @ The Actor’s Diet — June 17, 2014 @ 4:54 pm

My Aunt Gail grates an onion into her egg salad (she grates the eggs too) and it’s the loveliest texture/flavor.

Eileen — June 17, 2014 @ 5:00 pm

Ask and you shall receive! Here is my dill and radish egg salad. It is SO GOOD. The secret is tons and tons of dill and radishes, plus properly cooked eggs. And although there’s a recipe for homemade mayo in there, you can always just use storebought. No worries.

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — June 17, 2014 @ 7:56 pm

I almost never remember to comment, but I had to stop myself and tell you that I love these posts. I adore them. Thank you

Emily @ Life on Food — June 17, 2014 @ 8:18 pm

I am just starting Season 1. I hope I can keep my life once I get going.

Nicole — June 17, 2014 @ 11:07 pm

OMG over the recent long weekend in Australia I bought a caramel milkshake and added some honey vodka. The idea must have been your doing I swear!

Cassie — June 17, 2014 @ 11:47 pm

Celery seasoning! And parsley.

Liz — June 17, 2014 @ 11:57 pm

How can you do it without celery? It gives it the cruncccch & there’s like no taste. I did not pace myself with Orange is the New Black & now feel empty inside.

Millie l Add A Little — June 18, 2014 @ 1:48 am

Bacon in egg salads!!!! Try it NOW!

Lia @ smellofespresso.com — June 18, 2014 @ 2:37 am

Oh My GOD!!! I thought I was the ONLY one with the JUICY problem!!! And I hate it even more when people refer to sauce as ‘the juice’ eewwwww…..
    So that my comment has some kind of merit/ounce of helpfulness:
    http://orangette.blogspot.com.au/2011/05/pile-it-on.html – omg yum
    Although sorry I cant remember how you feel about mushrooms, and also realize as I’m in Sydney (ie totally different time zone) this suggestion may have absolutely no relevance at all now. :)

Maurice — June 18, 2014 @ 5:26 am

No champagne emoji either… who decides that they need ‘pages’ over important shizz like champagne and bacon?!

Cara's Healthy Cravings — June 18, 2014 @ 6:42 am

I am watching Mistresses, i’m still digging it :)

Nancy Long — June 18, 2014 @ 6:59 am

hubby loves my egg salad, he actually requests it – I just add mayo, a little Dijon mustard, dash of hot sauce, black pepper, ground celery seed and fresh or dried crushed tarragon.

Sinead Browne — June 18, 2014 @ 7:29 am

A little bit of mild curry powder in your egg salad is so yummy!! Also, you can’t go wrong with plain ol egg, mayo and onion! Enjoy :)

Anna — June 18, 2014 @ 7:50 am

goat cheese and egg salad with a little bit of avacado/guac is the bomb.com

Anna — June 18, 2014 @ 7:50 am

goat cheese and egg salad with a little bit of avacado/guac is the bomb.com

Tracy — June 18, 2014 @ 8:45 am

A little mayo, pickles, and a little pickle juice from the jar!

Candice — June 18, 2014 @ 9:46 am

No bacon and no burritos or tacos. I mean, seriously. Who votes on the emoji board and how do we get on there?

Natasha — June 18, 2014 @ 10:13 am

OLD BAY SEASONING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot live without it in my egg salad sandwiches….and crazy as it sounds BROWN MUSTARD SEEDS – just a half teaspoon….try it and let me know! FYI – love your blog girl.

Jennifer — June 18, 2014 @ 12:00 pm

Can we just talk about Now and Then for a sec – best movie EVER. Plus if they make it into a TV show I’ll have to DVR the whole thing and then watch it all at once. SO EXCITED…so sad if they decide not to do it though. UGH!

Frances — June 18, 2014 @ 12:59 pm

I love egg salad, too. And, I promise that I am under 40.
    Have you tried mixing the eggs with hummus instead of mayo? Sabra hummus is my favorite.

Sophia @ NY Foodgasm — June 18, 2014 @ 1:54 pm

Those recipes made me swoon too and the engagement photos, DAMN I wanna get married again!

Vanessa Dick — June 18, 2014 @ 2:03 pm

I am 27 and I love egg salad. I have to eat mine on sourdough bread though, SO good!! I tried pacing myself with this season of OITNB, but that became impossible. I was so afraid of things being spoiled! I am happy with the way it ended but I am a little heartbroken over what transpired with Suzanne. I love her and I am so afraid of how she is going to handle thigns next season. :(

CarrieLovesKeith — June 18, 2014 @ 2:59 pm

I don’t know about egg salad (because gross!) but I made a chicken salad this weekend and used Hot & Sweet mustard from Trader Joe’s and it was to die for.

Also, that pictures of cherries by the pool is like my favorite picture. Ever.

jann — June 18, 2014 @ 8:11 pm

I like a sprinkling of curry powder in my egg salad.

hilary — June 19, 2014 @ 12:06 am

a. i’m 29 but secretly 70 inside.
    b. there also needs to be a champagne emoji… what gives?!
    c. my favorite cherries are rainier cherries and of course they are super expensive. GAH.

kayla — June 19, 2014 @ 12:38 am

Mix it with hummus!! So good! And mustard…mmmmmm

Cheyenne — June 19, 2014 @ 1:47 am

yesss i’m going to buy cherries today!
    xo, cheyenne

Heather @ My Overflowing Cup — June 19, 2014 @ 1:51 am

I must be old because I always enjoy an egg salad sandwich. I don’t think I could ever get sick of eating cherries. Maybe it’s a good thing we can’t get them all year long! Thanks for #9 – it was a good read.

Susan — June 19, 2014 @ 5:32 am

Fry up some bacon (very crispy) & crumbled that up and also slice some green olives !!! Yummy !!!

Amy — June 20, 2014 @ 5:56 pm

My favorite egg salad has pimento stuffed green olives!

1. Pingback: on life lately. | How Sweet It Is