I… want to jump through my computer screen.

caramelized peach, mascarpone + chocolate grilled cheese I howsweeteats.com

So I can eat this again and again and again.

Today, I’m sharing a recipe out of Seriously Delish! It’s hard to believe that the only other one I’ve shared was nearly FOUR months ago (seriously where the heck is the time going, says this elderly person) and I wanted to ramble on about something delicious but still keep some secrets about my favorite recipes in the book.

Hence: trashy sandwich. I also have a thing for peaches and nectarines at the moment. I love their five minute season here.

caramelized peach, mascarpone + chocolate grilled cheese I howsweeteats.com

So we’re making fruit grilled cheese. I.freaking.love.this. The peaches are caramelized in some brown-ish butter and combined with creamy mascarpone and a heck of a lot of chocolate. Then added to crusty bread because everything is better on TOAST.

You can even do things like add brie to the grilled cheese (totally did it) or add vanilla bean paste to the mascarpone or add cinnamon to the peaches and… and… and… just eat until your little heart is content.

caramelized peach, mascarpone + chocolate grilled cheese I howsweeteats.com

I am soooo hilariously excited for you guys to get your hands on this book. If you haven’t yet, you can preorder over on amazon, barnes and noble and indiebound… and you might even get the book a day or so earlier if you do. You probably remember a few months ago that I was so nervous to share and talk about it… and I kinda didn’t think I’d ever get over that. But when the book landed in my hands – which was awesome but also horrifically scary since I never want to actually see my own work – I grew more excited by the day. It was completely weird for me. At this point I don’t even know how I can wait 26 more days for you to see it. And at the same time, 26 more days? WTF? How is that possible? I’m pretty sure it was like just five minutes ago that I didn’t sleep for months while listening to an audiobook a day and blowing through a full series of Dawson’s Creek (team Pacey fo’ life) and living in the kitchen… like actually living in it.

I’m going to survive the next four weeks by – well, one, going on vacation and two, cooking through the book until you can get your paws on it too. This is the only other I’ll be sharing on the blog until the book comes out and of course I’m already finding extra ways I love the trash up the recipes I’ve made, so we can discuss that too come September.

For now… you can put some sweet peaches and chocolate in a sandwich and call it dinner. YES.

caramelized peach, mascarpone + chocolate grilled cheese I howsweeteats.com

Caramelized Peach, Mascarpone and Dark Chocolate Grilled Cheese

Yield: makes 2 sandwiches

Total Time: 30 mintues

3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 large peaches, sliced
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
3 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
4 slices bread
softened butter for spreading

Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter. Once it melts, add the peach slices and flip once to cover them in butter. Cook for 3 minutes, until the peaches begin to soften, then sprinkle on the brown sugar. Flip the peaches once more so both sides can be covered in sugar. Cook for another 5 to 6 minutes, flipping once or twice more until the peaches are golden and caramely.

Butter the outsides of the bread slices. Spread the mascarpone on the inside of the bread slices. Assemble the sandwiches by adding the peaches o top of the mascarpone and then the chopped chocolate. Cover with another slice of bread and add to the same skillet over medium heat. Cook until the bread is golden and the mascarpone is melting. Very gently flip the sandwich so the peaches don't fall out.

note: you can add a little brie cheese on top of the mascarpone if you'd like! I've tried it and it's RIDIC.

caramelized peach, mascarpone + chocolate grilled cheese I howsweeteats.com

72 Responses to “Caramelized Peach, Mascarpone and Dark Chocolate Grilled Cheese.”

Averie @ Averie Cooks — August 7, 2014 @ 7:06 am

You make the best and most creative grilled cheese! You have a blueberry brie one that everytime I see it, I re-pin it b/c every time, it melts me. Pinned!

And so exciting that your book is SO close! Mine is too and I am just so excited to start talking about the recipes! :)

Laura @ Raise Your Garden — August 7, 2014 @ 7:08 am

I’m still grasping at straws trying to understand the concept of peaches and chocolate on a sandwich for dinner……wow, it’s like winning the lottery (well, the one I never play). What a fantastic combo! Makes you think, where has this recipe been all my life? I’m an eager beaver to try it out for myself!

Bri | Bites of Bri — August 7, 2014 @ 7:09 am

This is reason 12368753 I cannot wait for my preordered book to arrive. Dying!

Brian @ A Thought For Food — August 7, 2014 @ 7:23 am

What a magical combination of flavors!

Stephanie — August 7, 2014 @ 7:28 am

You changed my life with the fontina blackberry basil grilled cheese awhile back. You are the queen of fruit grilled cheese and I will forever be in awe of your greatness

Michele — August 7, 2014 @ 7:34 am

Holy Hannah! This was THE first thing I saw this morning & my first thought was it’s a breakfast food – right? I mean it has fruit in it. Yummy-vision!

Kim in MD — August 7, 2014 @ 7:37 am

Another of your over-the-top, must make grilled cheese sandwiches! I’m so excited for your first cookbook, Jessica. I hope it’s the first of many!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — August 7, 2014 @ 7:54 am

Whoa girl – you just created magic!! This looks fabulous!

Molly @ Yes to Yolks — August 7, 2014 @ 7:54 am

I am so excited for yourbook! I preordered it the day you announced it. This sandwich is just intensifying that excitement. Gah. Look at the melty cheese and chocolate. OMG. I could eat one (or three?) of these for breakfast right now…

Alicia Greenrabbit — August 7, 2014 @ 8:11 am

And i thought I made odd combination foods! Yummy!
    Try Pine Cone Hill for really nice bedding and PJ’s.

Sues — August 7, 2014 @ 8:15 am

Whoa. A triple decker grilled cheese of amazingness!!

Kelly Jo — August 7, 2014 @ 8:26 am

Can’t wait for the cookbook! And team Pacey all the way!!

Sarah @ the gold lining girl — August 7, 2014 @ 8:53 am

I love your trashy grilled cheese recipes. This one looks divine. I hear you on peaches and nectarines… love them, but they’re fickle. I preordered and CANNOT WAIT for your cookbook to land on my doorstep!

Tracy | PeanutButter and Onion — August 7, 2014 @ 9:10 am

I am so excited for your cook book, especially if these are the kinds of recipes I’ll find! I already made my husband promise to drive to one of your book signings!!!!

Sarah — August 7, 2014 @ 9:21 am

That looks like heaven. Grilled cheese is easily my favorite food in the world so it’s great to have new ideas on how to make it even better! Thanks!

becky — August 7, 2014 @ 9:25 am

please never stop trashing up food. can’t wait for sept. 2!!

Michelle @ Healthy Recipe Ecstasy — August 7, 2014 @ 9:42 am

I love that grilled cheese so much it makes me kinda want to cry. I mean…..it looks RIDICULOUS…in the best way possible. I never thought I would go gaga over a sweet grilled cheese but I’m all bugged out eyes like a Looney Tunes character. Pinned!

CakePants — August 7, 2014 @ 10:10 am

Holy moly, yes please!! I want this for breakfast today!! What an absolutely fantastic combination of flavors :)

Katya @ Little Broken — August 7, 2014 @ 10:24 am

yes, yes, and yes!

Stephanie @ A Magpie in the Sky — August 7, 2014 @ 10:56 am

OH my days! we don’t have a thing for grilled cheese here (UK), and i assumed this was going to have plasti-cheese in it, but marscapone – WELL HELLO! This sounds amazing, do I have it for breakfast or dessert?!

Heather — August 7, 2014 @ 11:25 am

Good lord girl, this is freakin incredible.

Ashley — August 7, 2014 @ 11:59 am

This has to be one of the best flavor combinations of ALL TIME. Thinking about a marscarpone chocolate ice cream with grilled peaches now….

Julie Turner — August 7, 2014 @ 12:16 pm

This is like all of my favorite things in life in one complete sandwich. Also, I cannot.wait. for your cookbook to be released!!! Pre-ordered last week!! Peaches should still be in season then here in Texas-please come!!

alicia — August 7, 2014 @ 12:35 pm

you never fail, like ever, to fit all my fave things into one gloriously amazing masterpiece. WIN.

allie@sweetpotatobites — August 7, 2014 @ 12:39 pm

Just yes. I’m convinced you are trying to kill me with all this deliciousness (but please don’t stop!)

Bethany @ Accidental Intentions — August 7, 2014 @ 1:18 pm

Can I just move in with you and offer myself up as official How Sweet Tastetester? Because good HEAVENS does this sound out of control and amazing and wonderful and whaaaaaaaa. Gah. Need. Want. Monosyllabic words.

stephanie — August 7, 2014 @ 1:22 pm

First, I LOVE that white pan you use. Second, this sandwich just made my day.

Therese Weber — August 7, 2014 @ 1:30 pm

I want to dive head first into that!

Sharon — August 7, 2014 @ 1:50 pm

Holy crap that looks amazing!!!! Must be the great photography :)

Sarah — August 7, 2014 @ 2:08 pm

I saw you on the morning Today show! Thanks for sharing this recipe! :)

Jessica — August 7, 2014 @ 2:11 pm

Um…. just….. what? Like, what just happened?! Im so over the moon about this sammich i cant make real sentences. Just… YUM. You’re for real the best. EVER.

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — August 7, 2014 @ 2:24 pm

This has all my favorite things!!!

Larry — August 7, 2014 @ 2:26 pm

Your brain should be studied by scientists in a flavor lab.

Michelle Hill — August 7, 2014 @ 3:13 pm

YOU…are RIDIC! Genius is more like it.
    and mean!! You cannot post a recipe like this and expect us to one 1) have it anytime soon (as in five minutes from now) and 2) make it and look anything as delicious as it does in your photos. Goodness gracious!! You are a genius!

Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs — August 7, 2014 @ 4:02 pm

*drool* Looks seriously delish! :)

Rhea {Hot Dog Its A Food Blog} — August 7, 2014 @ 4:07 pm

I plan on cooking my way through your book like “Julie & Julia” and posting about it on my blog! Can’t wait to see what you bring to my dinner table! xoxo

Erin | The Law Student's Wife — August 7, 2014 @ 4:21 pm

Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures — August 7, 2014 @ 4:47 pm

Ahh! I want to jump through my computer screen!

DessertForTwo — August 7, 2014 @ 5:05 pm

I mean, I love you all the time, but I REALLY love you when you get chocolate on my dinner plate. Let’s call it grilled cheese and ignore all the sugar and it’s a perfectly acceptable dinner. You’re a genius, you know that?

ps Small typo: ‘I’m already finding extra ways…’

#26days! omg I get mine in 25 days! Hooray!

Jacklyn — August 7, 2014 @ 5:27 pm

I asked for Seriously Delish for my birthday, and after seeing this I’m buying it for myself regardless :)

Millie l Add A Little — August 7, 2014 @ 7:58 pm

Whaaaat this looks so bomb!! Can’t wait to get my hands on the book!

Sarah | The Sugar Hit — August 7, 2014 @ 8:06 pm

Peaches, mascarpone, toast, butter, chocolate – these are all my favourite things, rolled up in my ABSOLUTE favourite thing; a sandwich. I love you.

Emily Muhlberg — August 7, 2014 @ 8:37 pm

are.you.freaking.kidding.me. I don’t even know how to form a sentence, I’m just sitting here drooling and dribbling all over my phone. you are a rockstar!!

Medha @ Whisk & Shout — August 7, 2014 @ 9:26 pm

Wait. Oh my god. You’re such a game-changer with food! :)

Maria — August 7, 2014 @ 9:41 pm

I only have to wait twenty-six days!? That.is.AWESOME!!

Sarah K — August 7, 2014 @ 9:49 pm

Wow! That looks AMAZING. Taking grilled cheese to a whole new level.

Kelly — August 7, 2014 @ 10:21 pm

Oh my goodness, this sounds like heaven, yum!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

ana @ eatsandshoots — August 8, 2014 @ 7:20 am

That looks so amazing!

Katie — August 8, 2014 @ 9:15 am

Holy cow! That looks amazing. My parents grow peach trees, and I know this would be ah-mazing with some just-off-the-tree peaches! :) Definitely going to treat myself this weekend to one of these!

Christy — August 8, 2014 @ 9:38 am

This looks super fantastic! I’m obsessing over peaches right now too, even though their fuzziness used to freak me out.

Question…what kind of dark chocolate did you use? Like, brand. Because I always end up buying these cool-sounding organic dark chocolates and then…they never melt.

• Jessica — August 8th, 2014 @ 10:42 am

i usually use whatever i have on hand, and this was ghiraradelli! i know what you mean tho – but i think one of the keys is chopping the chocolate. it melt’s pretty quickly then. this ghirardelli always melts well though!

1. Pingback: Tidbits & Nibbles #11 | Love Food, Will Share

2. Pingback: I’m Hung Up On | bean + nash

3. Pingback: #DroolWorthy - The Kitchen Paper

4. Pingback: well, hello monday… |

5. Pingback: Link Love #48 | Barr & Table

6. Pingback: » Highlights: Holding on to Summer

7. Pingback: Web Wandering | the20what

8. Pingback: Blogs That Inspire

9. Pingback: This Week: Food, Fashion, Fun | The Not So Desperate Housewife

10. Pingback: Caramelized Peach, Mascarpone and Dark Chocolate Grilled … » webindex24.ch - News aus dem Web

11. Pingback: 29 Foods That Had Absolutely No Chill In 2014 - Home Writers