Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes.
It all begins with peanut butter.
Don’t most things start with peanut butter? Lunches as a kid, first days of school, breakfast every morning…
Maybe it’s just me.
But sometimes, I think my life revolves around peanut butter (and chocolate, of course). Not that I’m complaining.
I used the recipe for whole wheat chocolate peanut butter pancakes, left out the chocolate, and then smothered the pancakes with melted peanut butter and a jam topping.
I love smothering.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter, melted + additional for drizzling
- 1/4 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup jam of choice
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Stir together dry ingredients. Add eggs, milk, vanilla and oil. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in peanut butter. Cook on preheated pan until bubbles form and edges start to dry. Flip and cook until lightly browned.
- Top with additional melted peanut butter and jelly.
- In a small saucepan, combine blueberries, strawberries and water over low heat. Mash the berries and add jam, stirring until mixture becomes mostly liquid and warm. Stir in syrup. Drizzle over pancakes.
Favorite peanut butter and jelly combo?