Crispy Honey Lime Tilapia.
Hickory dickory dock
this blog post is such a crock
I stayed up too late
but the recipe’s great,
- 4 fresh, or thawed tilapia filets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup flour [I used whole wheat pastry]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- additional honey + lime zest mixed for drizzling
- 60 minutes before cooking,season tilapia filets with salt and pepper then lay in a baking dish or into a large ziplock bag. In a bowl, combine olive oil, honey, lime juice and zest, and crushed garlic and whisk until combined. Pour over tilapia and let marinate for an hour. Add flour [+ a bit more salt, pepper, and lime zest] to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet (or a non-stick skillet) over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Dredge each piece of tilapia through the flour until you have a very light coating. Making sure the pan is hot, add tilapia to the oil and cook until flaky and crispy on each side – about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove tilapia from pan and let drain on a paper towel for a few minutes. Serve with an additional drizzle of lime + honey, then cover in blueberry lime salsa.
so make it and then we will talk. K? #yum [/donotprint]