1. Somehow this and this ended up in my online shopping cart. I searched high and low for it while on vacation last year but it was sold out everywhere. Not anymore, my friends. Not anymore.
2. Remember last week when we all talked about Dawson’s Creek? Tracy shared this website with me and made me the happiest camper ever. You’re welcome.
3. It’s National Peanut Butter Day! I have absolutely no idea how you should celebrate.
4. Tell me: is there anything better than grilled cheese sandwiches and pickles? Oh wait. Yes there is… grilled cheese sandwiches with ketchup. Better than that? Two grilled cheese sandwiches with ketchup
5. Seal? Heidi Klum? I will never learn. Just shoot me now.
6. My jaw quadruply dropped four times this week. Can you say asparagus cake, red velvet milkshakes, red wine lollipops and PIG CANDY. Pig freaking candy. I die.
6.5. Nevermind, I can’t die. It’s PIG CANDY! It’s given me something to live for.
7. My cookie butter is almost gone. Meaning… my life is almost gone. For real this time.
8. Ummm I don’t even want to tell you how many hours of Dexter I’ve watched in the last week. It’s maddening. And desperate. And PATHETIC. And hot.
9. You know you’re a food blogger when the giddiest you get all week is at 5:17PM because it’s still sort of light out. Life needed, please.
10. The only good part of #7 is that I bought this on Saturday. Life regained.
84 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Ha, so true! My life revolves around when the best natural light is available. I’m right there with you sister!
I’m always relieved when I hear that people love Dexter – I’ve noticed that a lot of people keep it under wraps. I blurted out how much I loved that show at a dinner party and a few of the guests looked at me funny…there is nothing weird or freaky about loving a show about a hot serial killer! Right?! And I concur wholeheartedly re: grilled cheese with ketchup and pickles – it doesn’t get much better than that. Except maybe eating grilled cheese while watching Dexter.
Or perhaps dousing Dexter in ketchup, and having a side of pickles and a grilled cheese on hand. ;)
Yes, I too watch waaay too many hours of Dexter all at once. Have you tried Mad Men??? Also, Seal and Heidi? I always thought that was weird, mostly because I can’t stand him and the sound of his voice makes me cringe.
I just heard about Heidi and Seal, I was in shock! They looked so happy. So sad :/
Funny, I just mentioned today that it’s nice out that it’s still light at 5:15. Means grilling time is coming back!!! Heidi and Seal, stupid, that was a weird match, surprised they lasted this long.
OH MY GOSH, where did you find speculoos?! they had it when i lived in france, and i haven’t been able to find it back here!
I swear I INSTANTLY thought of you when I saw Pig Candy myself today. I thought to myself if you would come up with maybe a cookie or something that might have that in it along with some chocolate of some kind. Yeah, I’d eat it right up.
Already did… http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/05/chewy-peanut-butter-cookies-with-chocolate-candied-bacon/. :)
I love grilled cheese with pickles and ketchup as well. I bought some of that TJ’s cookie butter during the holidays. I baked very small sugar cookies and used the cookie butter as filling to make sandwich cookies. I then rolled the edges of the sandwich cookies in finely chopped roasted pecans. Best. Cookies. Ever.
#10 makes me so happy! I hope they still have it when I visit home in February from Paris!
No Trader Joes in good ole West Michigan & I get so jealously hungry everytime I see your product posts!!!! I mean cookie butter!!!?????
Um, national peanut butter day?! Isn’t that a little bit OTT?! Hehe. I love dulce de leche but pig candy sounds revolting! Oh, and even better than toasted cheese sandwiches are fish finger sandwiches, mmm. :)
I better be able to find that chocolate w/ speculoos at my Trader Joe’s this weekend!
I know, so sad about Heidi and Seal! And that cookie butter chocolate that you posted on twitter earlier in the week has fueled an entire dedicated shopping trip to TJs on Friday :)
I love TJ’s cookie butter and stocked up immediately when I saw it. I also found this recipe for a version of it it at http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/special-dietary-needs/gluten-free/gluten-free-and-vegan-cookie-butter/ and also found another version made with Biscoff cookies http://www.biscoff.com/DirectionsWEB/webcart_itemBuy.php?itemid=0814
I haven’t tried either one but they may make it easier to live without TJ’s version!
I so LOVE you!
I don’t pop over here near enough! You always make me giggle…and SMILE!
If I responded to all the things in this post I’m wanting to respond to this comment would be WAY too long~
Just know that everything you mentioned triggered some kind of response in my mind.
I’m going to narrow down all my responses to one monumental~totally addicting~hottest ever~my total life~I’ve got a major CRUSH~word.
Absolutely LOVE Dexter,got seasons 1-5 when a friend told me about it!! Can’t wait to get Season 6.when does it come out in stores? Love your site for recipes!
It’s not psychotic at all to watch hours and hours of Dexter at a time. Not at all. And no, I’m not speaking from experience… Also, James Van Der Beek is alright, but I’m more of a Joshua Jackson girl :)
grilled cheese + pickles = <3
Fun post – as always! Love, love, LOVE pig candy! Thanks and I agree – there is something about a grilled cheese…
Pickles are just cucumbers soaked in evil…
They were out of Cookie Butter at my TJ’s too… so I bought 5 of those chocolate bars (yummm). I wanted to let you know that mine told me that it is NOT seasonal, they are just running out quickly! I’m expecting a shipment next week of more Cookie Butter.
Your obsessions become mine way too easily!….about TJ’s Cookie Butter, here in Indy, we’re out and waiting for our next shipment. I’m one of 22 people (so far) who have ordered. Am seriously thinking about just getting a case of it. So relieved to hear it’s not seasonal. And what about the new Dark Chocolate Cookie Butter candy bar…yummmmmmm. Keep on keeping on. You’re awesome.
i dip all of my grilled cheese sandwiches in ketchup now, thanks to you. FREAKING AWESOME!!