Coconut Mango Mojitos.
Yesterday I had a moment.
I had to check a box. With pen and paper. You know, like a box that said 18-24, 25-34, etc? Pertaining to one’s age? Well this box was slightly different, and it said 20-29. I looked at it and was like… oh, 29… that’s weird. That 9 sure does look weird there. Why does 29 look so weird? I don’t like looking at 29. I’m feeling uncomfortable.
Hmmm. Hold the phone. I am 29. This is weird. It’s so weird that I can’t stop saying it’s weird. What’s happening?
I’ve never been one to think or ever care about ages, but then I saw this 29 and seriously, what.the.heck. ???? It threw me off a little bit. Was I really 19 ten whole years ago? Because I’m pretty sure it feels like just yesterday that I was failing economics* and changing my major 43 times.
So I made mojitos. I had almost three. Wanted to act like I was 22 again and forget that I spent an outrageous amount of money on Benefit erase paste yesterday in order to… erase things on my face. It worked.
The mojitos, not the paste.
Coconut Mango Mojitos
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves
- 2 1/2 ounces of mint simple syrup
- 1 ounce of coconut rum
- 1 1/2 ounces of club soda
- 1-2 ounces of mango puree
- the juice of one lime
- To make the mango puree, combine 1 peeled + chopped, ripe mango in a food processor (or high speed blender) with the juice of 1 lime, and process until smooth (or at least almost smooth).
- In the bottom of a glass, add 1 ounce of simple syrup and the mint leaves. Muddle with a muddler or use the clean bottom of something blunt, like a screwdriver! Add ice to the glass, and pour rum, syrup, mango puree, lime juice and club soda over top. Mix with a long spoon or knife and serve with an additional sprig of mint.
- Note: depending on the sweetness of your fruit, you may want to add more/less simply syrup, so I suggest tasting as you go. Same with the rum – add more if you like your drinks strong. Malibu also makes a mango rum that you could combine with traditional coconut rum.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
*Whoever tells you this is needed in real life is living in a house of lies.
182 Comments on “Coconut Mango Mojitos.”
Pingback: 13 Delicious Summer Cocktails to Try
Pingback: 15 Cocktails Under 150 Calories (and Better Than Vodka-Soda)
Pingback: 15 Healthy cocktails under 150 calories to enjoy over brunch on a diet! | TrendyMind
Pingback: 4th of July Round Up! – The Novice Chef
Pingback: 27 DIY Wedding Day Recipes That Save Serious Money (and Will Wow Guests)Healthcare Administrator
Pingback: Bottoms Up—These 11 Tasty Mojito Recipes Will Be Your Go-To Summer Drinks - Spotlight Interior
Pingback: Best Wedding Food to Serve for Cheap That Will Still Wow Guests | Greatist
I have some bottles that are at least 10 to 14
Years old bottles aren’t crack never been open
Are they still safe to drink?
The color has darken but that’s all. Love to know
Hate to put in trash..Thank You