1. The first text I received from my husband while he was in Vegas was, “soooo I think I might like ricotta cheese… ?” Oh really?
2. The second one I received said, “I also like red wine!”
3. My real question is… how many liters of rum did it take for him to like red wine?
4. While he was gone, I ate this salad a bunch of times.
Don’t be fooled: that is chopped lettuce, rice, my copycat chipotle corn salsa, a ton of guacamole and roasted chickpeas. Oh – and those aren’t REAL green beans. They are the crunchy dried green beans from Trader Joe’s. I wanted to make a chipotle burrito bowl, but I had no black beans… or chicken… or pork… or an appropriate cheese.
5. I took a picture of that on the floor, then… sat there and ate it on the floor.
6. After I ate that salad, I rubbed my eyes with my jalapeno-oil covered hands. Then I did it again yesterday. I hate myself.
7. Fact: I eat roasted chickpeas everyday of my life and have been doing so for about two years. If you’re wondering if we ever turn off the oven in this joint, the answer is no. And bears like beets.
8. The only thing I took away from reading Fifty Shades of Grey is that my next car will be an Audi R8.
9. Mr. How Sweet says I will be getting my next car in approximately 67 years.
10. I spent Friday with my favorite little FACE BABY! I wanted to snack on his chubby thighs. Hope that’s not weird.
11. Last week I whined about how I have no creative talent when it comes to baking for themed holidays. Since then, I’ve discovered this bunny butt cake which I am for some crazy reason – OBSESSED with… and these cupcakes. !!!!! Lord give me patience. And tequila.
12. I can’t even tell you how physically, mentally and emotionally uncomfortable I feel during Kristen Wiig’s multiple engagement party speeches in Bridesmaids. CRINGE.
82 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I don’t think I’ve ever had roasted chickpeas (gasp!) I’ll try them soon, I promise :)
and I love freeze dried green beans… never had Trader Joes’ (don’t have those in Texas, yet)… but they’re yummy :)
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
“What are you DOING?? Jim, identity theft is a serious crime, thousands of people are affected every year!”
Your comment on 50 Shade of Grey was hysterical! I basically took the same thing away. That and I find myself saying “Laters” to my co-worker who also read the book.
Maybe I am late to the party here but how do you make roasted chickpeas? Never had them before but it is time for me to make a commitment that I can stick to by finding foods that feel like a snack but aren’t as bad as what I have been eating.
Thanks! Love your blog!
I drain and rinse if using canned chickpeas. My go-to seasonings are salt, pepper, smoked paprika and onion powder. I throw that on after I spray them with olive oil. I roast at 425 for 20 minutes, shake the pan to move them around, then roast for about 10 minutes more!
I am also curious as to how you make roasted chickpeas. Oh and just plain sad that the bunny cupcake recipe was …”buy box of cupcake mix, jar of frosting and box of pudding!” Easter yum yums should take a little effort no? :(
I drain and rinse if using canned chickpeas. My go-to seasonings are salt, pepper, smoked paprika and onion powder. I throw that on after I spray them with olive oil. I roast at 425 for 20 minutes, shake the pan to move them around, then roast for about 10 minutes more! You can really use any seasonings you want though.
Pingback: I love lists, Friday! › shutterbean
I am also awful at holiday-themed baking! And I eat a lot of meals on my floor. Roasted chickpeas are super awesome too.
Do you have a roasted chickpea recipe that you can share? I looked on your site, and couldn’t find one – probably my fault :) Thanks!
Whoops I just saw it right above! I guess I should read the comments first – sorry!
I’m watching Bridesmaids while reading your blog and I had to change the channel during the engagement speech scene so that made me laugh when I read that you hate that part too.
This cracked me up! After reading FSOG, I also want an Audi R8! It’s actually a really hot (and really expensive) car!
Pingback: he works out… « TheFaceBaby