1. I made these cupcakes today for my brother’s students because I am
a huge pushover who can’t say no a nice sister.
2. I listened to the Steely Dan Pandora station while baking those cupcakes. I have no idea how old I am.
3. Please tell me everyone has a drawer like this.
Actually, please tell my husband. Because I think he wants a divorce over it. And like, all that junk on the right side? It’s also under the foil and towels and all over the drawer and stuff. Actually, please tell him that it’s normal to have three or four drawers like this. Everyone needs a crap drawer. Or four.
4. Today is the day that you can buy one of my favorite bloggers’ amazing book. I wish my life looked like the inside of it.
5. I am obsessed with these cheapo bird earrings that I bought at Target, even though I secretly hate them. Like I hate them so much that I love them. Get it? People weirdly like them too, because they won’t stop asking me about my ears when I wear them.
6. It’s no secret that I inherited my dad’s sweat gene and sweat like man, but during hot yoga it gets to the point where I get ear infections (like swimmer’s ear) and feel like I went swimming and tried to breathe and inhale under water. Then I cough like a maniac from my own sweat. Isn’t this horrifying? Nothing prevents it at ALL. Maybe I’ll just stop working out forever.
7. Never mind. Because I can’t stop eating crunchy toast with cookie butter and GRATED CHOCOLATE.
8. On Friday night my husband came home after his work day, workout, and proceeded to start cutting the lawn. This is like, at least six hours without food so I sensed a major meltdown was looming and made the wise choice to buy him $24 of Italian sandwiches, buffalo chicken and meaty antipasta salad. He ate it all. In one night.
9. Who watched Girls on Sunday? What the… ? Such a mess. Such an amazing mess. Such an I-still-have-no-idea-how-to-feel-about-this-(beside insanely uncomfortable)-but-can’t-stop-watching-mess.
10. Pink jeans. Do it.
11. What are you making for dinner tonight? I’m hungry.
118 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Chicken Marsala made by me! I legit FELL IN LOVE WITH COOKIE BUTTER after seeing it on your blog. I hunted it down and now i consume mass amounts of it daily. I blame you!
my foil/saran/wax paper drawer is rather neat, as it is small and that’s about all it holds. However, we do have two drawers that are pretty much full “junk drawers,” and I was just having this same discussion with a friend last week. She has two also. Completely normal! :)
I’m making meatballs, then pouring a bottle of Trader Joe’s BBQ sauce over them, and baking them while I steam some carrots and make a little maple-whiskey sauce to drizzle over them. Add some mashed potatoes with LOTS of TJ’s smoke seasoning and you’ve got yourself a big plate of comfort :~)
OMG, that cracked me up about hot yoga… I know, when I yoga I feel like such a disgusting mess but also amazing at the same time, weird!
Tell your husband it could be worse – I used to have a ROOM like that drawer.
Are you posting the recipe for those cupcakes? YUM! OR Will you tell me which recipe you used?
I made sure to scroll through all 109 comments before posting this:
WHAT ARE THOSE CUPCAKES?? Just a description would be fine – if you want to keep the secret family recipe a secret – I can deal with that. But what ARE they?!
My husband is often disgusted by my eclectic musical choices. They range from David Bowie, to The Sound of Music, to Carrie Underwood, to 50Cent.
I can’t wait to have students to fatten up! What does your brother teach?
I love reading Tuesday Things. And I just had to say that I recently discovered the show Girls and watched the first three episodes…my new favourite show. Hannah is so weird (along with everyone else!) but so loveable!
I have a drawer exactly like that :-)
I have four crap drawers (and a crap closet!) Completely normal, and my husband hates all of it! I have to point out when I use the things that occupy all that space that he feels are “unnecessary”…
This is the first time I have read your blog…I stumbled upon your strawberry coconut margaritas on pinterest. Yum. You are hilarious! I love your writing. Thanks for making me smile tonight:)
Pingback: Tuesday Things. | How Sweet It Is
Pingback: Tuesday Things. | Lifestyle Pins
The ear canal is very sensitive and can easily become damaged. The ear should heal on its own without treatment, but it can take six to eight weeks for a perforated eardrum to heal. If you have a perforated eardrum, eardrops can be used with caution . `:..`
Over and out
http://healthmedicine.codg Jeffery Bloomsburg