Coconut Butter Granola.
I’m so doing the Friday dance.
Granted my Friday dance is probably different than yours and consists of blasting something ridiculous like Kenny Loggins (however, the amount of times I’ve listened to Thrift Shop in the last week is embarrassing and also, age appropriate. sorta.) but that’s okay. We can bond over snacks.
Like this granola. !!!!!
I know. I’ve been overzealous with the exclamation points lately and it’s consuming me. I have good reason here though.
[Don’t mind my little pink measuring spoon that looks like the end was chewed off. I didn’t get hungry and take a bite.
It had a war with the garbage disposal.
You guys know I make plenty of recipes with coconut oil, but in real life I consume a whole ton of coconut butter. Coconut butter is the oil AND the flesh (ew) of the coconut, and it’s intensely perfect. Butter is the perfect word. I’ve been hesitant to use it frequently when sharing recipes with you… my invisible internet friends, because it can be difficult to find and also costs an arm and a leg. More like an arm and two legs.
You can make your own, so I feel that warrants a delicious recipe where coconut butter is the star. Plus, it’s GRANOLA. It’s, like, super healthy so you can eat a boatload of it. Health food = win.
This is my current favorite omg-I’m-starving snack. It’s so flavorful and chewy but crisp at the same time, if that makes sense. I’ve been grabbing it by the handful way too often, and now that I’ve said that out loud I realize I need to find another home for it. You know, other than my kitchen counter.
Oh and I really wanted to add sprinkles because I am a child.
But I resisted.
I’m growing up.
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds, mine were Trader Joe’s honey roasted!
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, measured solid
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, coconut, flaxseed and salt. Stir well and set aside. Heat a small saucepan over low heat and add honey, coconut butter, coconut oil, butter, vanilla bean paste and vanilla extract. Stir until mixture is totally melted and combined. Remove from heat and pour over the oat mixture, stirring with a large spoon until the entire thing is equally moistened. Spread evenly on the baking sheet in one layer. Bake for 10 minutes, toss and then bake for 10 minutes more. Toss again, then bake for about 10 more minutes, stirring every 3 minutes or so until the mixture is golden.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for about an hour. After the hour the granola should be hardened – this is when you can break it into clumps and pieces. Eat as desired. Store in an airtight container – this stays good for a week or two!
I like it.