The times when I’m stoked about a BLT chopped salad are few and far between.
This is one of them!
Can I say stoked? I’ve probably used the word thrice in my life, the third being above. I’m trying it out for size. BLT chopped salad surely makes me stoked.
This salad… ugh. So good. I’ve rambled about my love for chopped salads for years on this little internet page. I don’t know what it is. The crunch of vegetables turns me off so maybe it’s just that everything is smaller and tiny and can be picked up in one spoon?
I think what it really is though.. is that I can use tortilla chips to eat this salad. Now THAT is where it’s at. I’m so into it.
The salad has so many of my favorite flavors going on – bacon, feta, avocado, corn – that I kept the dressing simple: just some olive oil and lime juice. Lots of salt and pepper too, but other than that, just pure flavor. Even a little arugula mixed in with my beloved butter lettuce for something extra.
On top of needing the majority of my salads in chopped form, I sure as heck need as much texture (like, non-vegetable texture) that I can get. Enter bacon. And corn. And if you’re feeling frisky… maybe crumble some of those tortilla chips on top.
Uh huh. Do it.
Watch the video of how I make this BLT chopped salad:
BLT Chopped Salad with Corn, Feta + Avocado
- 2 cups butter lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups fresh arugula, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 tablespoons pepper
- As a note, to chop my lettuce I like to lay it out on a big cutting board and just continuously run my knife through it (in all different directions) until it’s chopped as much as I like.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, arugula, tomatoes, corn and avocado. Add in salt, pepper, olive oil and lime juice then toss well to coat. Fold in bacon and feta then divide evenly amount 2 plates. Serve!
Take that Monday.