Holiday Gift Guide: 33 Gifts For She & Him.
Hi hi! I’m back with gift guide number two. These are for the girls and guys in your life – a whole hodge podge of things. I know it’s long as heck. It includes my favorite suggestions though, and almost everything on this list is something I have bought for someone, received or am planning to buy. You know? Uh, also, I realize now that this would probably be a lot easier to handle had I not gone out of control with my lime green squiggly lines. What can I say? I was into it man.
Leave your suggestions below and let me know your thoughts. Hearts!
[P.S. tomorrow we talk practical people. Like, what the heck to buy my dad.]
[P.P.S. yes I know proper grammar – the title of this is a play on a popular Christmas album.]
1. An iPhone tripod. These are super cool! Especially with a little lens set. Enough said. Right?
2. Tieks. These made my favorites last month and I’ve got to say are one of my best purchases of 2013. I’m not strictly a flats girl but I wear these almost every day. This year, swap the predictable boots and get someone a pair of these. The bonus is that they come in the CUTEST packaging ever. They are pricey but given the comfort level and quality… totally worth it.
3. A Fit Bit. I just bought my dad one of these for his birthday and while I’m not sure if he’s a fan… I got my own and love.it. It’s just a super cool motivator – it’s essentially a bulked up pedometer. Of course, I got the hot pink one.
4. Speaking of exercise, as long as you have the type of relationship with the person, I think purchasing workout systems are an awesome gift. If you know someone who loves to dance, I highly recommend my friend Gina’s new workout CD, Soli Beat! This girl looks so good that I’ll buy anything she is selling. [As a note, Gina gave me a coupon code for you guys to get the DVD for $10, good until Nov 27th: it is sweetdeal] A few years ago I bought Eddie Insanity and the next year we got Turbofire. We have never been strict home-workout people, but we don’t have any space for a treadmill and having something quick and challenging at home is awesome.
5. A Stickygram gift. Over a year ago I ordered some stickygram magnets for my fridge, but it looks like they’ve branched out and are offering even more products. I love how the magnets add character to our kitchen. My cousin recently bought some too and they are just so cute.
6. The Big Green Egg grill. While I don’t personally have one of these, all I’ve heard is good things.
7. Or a smoker. I had to add this to the list after so many of you asked about my smoked turkey. If you love grilling meats, you will adore this. Everything tastes so freaking good. (I do recommend doing some extensive research before choosing the one you want, based on your needs/preferences.)
8. Kate Spade square studs… in every color. I’ve talked about these for years – they are my go-to, everyday earrings. I also wear them on fancier occasions if I’m wearing more jewelry around my neck. They are very affordable and I think they are timeless costume jewelry.
9. This little polaroid camera. Um, I’m dying for one of these. I think they would be super fun (hello – parties!) and they are adorable too.
10. This leather watch case. Watches are Eddie’s “thing,” and a few years ago I bought him one of these for Christmas. If you know someone who has more than one watch (or even some sort of bracelet), I think this is an awesome gift.
11. A smaller eye shadow palette such as the Urban Decay Naked Palettes or the Lorac Pro Palette. Those are reliable and wearable shades, with just enough colors so they aren’t overwhelming. I can’t handle the 100-shadow palettes.
12. Rebecca Minkoff mini-macs. You may know by now that these are my favorite purses and they come with me everywhere. I love that it’s cross body, it fits just enough, and there are a billion cool colors. I’m not sure I’ve ever stuck with one bag like I have with these.
13. Woodwick Ribbon Wick Candles. I’m the cliché girl that is all about candles, but I like to give something a little… “less commercial” that the everyday Bath and Body Works or Yankee Candle for gifts. I use those candles all the time, but these ribbon wick ones just add a little something extra. They bridge the gap between super expensive candles (I’m looking at you Diptyque, I just can’t shell out the $ for something I’m going to burn) and the oh-so common ones.
14. A cheap mini remote control helicopter. Don’t laugh at me! This is one of those gifts I suggest for “the person that has everything.” I bought this last minute for Eddie two Christmases ago and he had a blast with it. It broke relatively quickly but they did send us replacement parts. It’s just a fun cheapy gift for an adult.
15. This gorgeous stamped jewelry from Lisa Leonard. I’ve followed Lisa on instagram for ages and have always admired her pieces. There are some beautiful necklaces (like this one) and I love that she makes them herself.
16. Buddha Girl Bandles. Oh my gosh – I can’t even tell you how much I love these. I’m much more of a costume/colorful/unique jewelry type of person and I usually want to wear something that isn’t super classic, but these go both ways. On top of that, they are like the soft, jelly-like bracelets, are so comfortable and don’t clink and clank when your arm moves. I have the all weather bangles but they have some other really cool bracelets too.
17. Any and all scarves. I don’t think you can ever go wrong gifting a scarf for Christmas. Personally, I find some great ones at Target. I will say that my favorite and most worn scarves are probably my lululemon vinyasa ones. I can’t bear to link them given their recent controversy, but I had to tell you about them because I wear one every day and have not found another scarf like it. I also really love these Nordstrom cashmere scarves. You can never have too many scarves!
18. Any gift from the Art of Shaving. This stuff is ridiculously priced – so much so that it makes a very nice gift because I don’t know many people who would purchase this for themselves. It’s one big pamper gift.
19. The Olloclip Lens for the iPhone. I mentioned this in the summer – mostly that I had purchased one and my husband stole it. He LOVES it. If you know someone who loves iPhone photography, this is a great idea.
20. These DKNY studded tights. Perfect stocking stuffer. YES.
21. Super nice journals. I absolutely love the gift of notebooks. I can find cool ones at Target but also love the journals at Barnes and Noble and the Kate Spade ones too.
22. A Bose dock to use with your iPhone or iPod. For as long as I can remember (20+ years?) my parents have had two Bose stereos: an alarm clock and a smaller one in the kitchen. For our first Christmas together, I bought Eddie the single speaker dock and we still use it almost every single day. He blasts it when cleaning the car and I literally use it all day long, whether I’m listening to Pandora, my own playlists, or a book on the Audible app when I was working on my cookbook. It’s awesome and very much worth the money. Just make sure you get the right connector depending on your iPhone version.
23. Magazine subscriptions! I know I mentioned my favorite food ones, but I have to throw them out here again as one of my favorite gifts. Even if they don’t seem like a big deal when gifting, every month it’s like a little present in the mailbox. Some of my suggestions include House Beautiful, In Style, Elle Décor, W, Vogue, GQ Entrepreneur, Men’s Health and the like. And see if a magazine exists for a certain hobby – for instance my husband gets a horse racing magazine. (Yeah. I know.)
24. This 22 Forumla X nail polish collection from Sephora. I got a few of these polishes a couple of weeks ago and they are fabulous quality. No chipping! And all of the colors – swoon.
25. An iPad chef dock. Eddie got me one of these a few years ago and while I don’t use it as often as my laptop, I think it’s a great gift for someone who doesn’t want to drag their computer into the kitchen. You can also prop it up to watch movies.
26. Collector’s DVD and CD sets. It’s rare that we actually buy a tangible DVD or album these days given iTunes and Netflix, but there are some I make an exception for. Last year I bought Eddie some old-school cowboy DVD set, in the past I’ve bought him a Scorsese set and he’s already told me he wants the Garth Brooks album set that is coming out later this month. I think other great options are collector’s sets such as the Sopranos, the Bond movies, Friends, Sex and the City, etc – whatever the person you’re gifting is into!
27. Fancy gloves. Traditional gloves work too, but I love gloves like the mixed (p)leather ones I got from Zara pictured above and these little pink ones from Kate Spade. Target also always has great ones. I think they are a cute, thoughtful gift.
28. Books, books books. This may sound boring to some, but to a total bookworm, this is a dream. Eddie and I buy each other books all the time. We gift our regular favorite authors’ books, autobiographies and cool nonfiction things, and coffee table books as well. Last year he bought me Paris versus New York and the New York Times 36 Hours. I also suggest something like a cute little fashion book or this Kate Spade timeless coffee table book.
29. Wine accessories… duh. Stuff like this aerator and ice cork are pretty darn cool. Heck, even a cute decorative topper works.
30. Subscription boxes. There are bunches of them now, but to name a few… for the makeup lover: julep, birchbox or ipsy. For the foodie: I’ve heard taste trunk or nature box is pretty cool. For fashion, there is trunk club for men and stitchfix for women. These all are services you can purchase for something like 3, 6 or 12 months and they deliver a monthly fun box. Or something of the sort.
31. A luxury face mask. Another pampering gift. So appreciated.
32. Beats by Dre headphones. Um, at 31 years old I received hot pink ones for a gift and am in love. I can’t stand ear buds and they hurt my ears after only a few minutes. After trying multiple different versions, I can say that I’m strictly a headphone girl these days.
33. Classic, memorable ornaments. This may sound like a given, but my husband has nailed this one. Our first Christmas together (as in, we had just started dating) he bought me a crystal ornament from Tiffany. I think they are a gorgeous memento and he has bought me one ever since, starting our own little collection. For something more fun and affordable, he also bought me this pig ornament (and similar ones) from Sur La Table.
[I am not sponsored or affiliated with any of the companies or products mentioned above. Thank you to Gina for providing a coupon code for Soli Beat! Also, if anyone is interested in purchasing insanity, my BFF (facebaby’s momma) is a beachybody coach. Lemme know! There are a few amazon affiliate links included. Thank you so much for reading and supporting my site.]
44 Comments on “Holiday Gift Guide: 33 Gifts For She & Him.”
How amazing are the all weather bangles?! I have a set of them as well as their wrist wraps! Love, love em’!
ah! i’m so glad somebody else loves them too.
I’m planning on getting my mom a pair of Tieks. Apparently they had a coupon code today but there was a glitch and they took it down. :(
gah what!! coupon?! if it’s back please let me know. :)
Got the coupon for tieks. I may be able to it to you if you want it. I got two pairs and I’m so excited to try them.
Tieks coupon/promotion is back on Facebook. Enter the code on their Facebook page, send an invite to 4 friends (or 4 different email addresses), and you get 20% off entire purchase :) Bought 2 pair today…so excited to get them!
amazing. you just crossed three people off my list with this one. Three words for you: more! more! more!!!
Ah! I have to know…do you workout in your headphones? I have been eyeing beats and the awesome colors, but I wasn’t sure if they would be good for working out, which is the only time I’d be using them. I also wasn’t sure whether or not that would look ridiculous!
This is totally unrelated, but I LOVE your giant rainbow cookies recipe! (Okay lets me real, every dessert recipe of yours that I have tried.) Do I need to chill the dough before baking?
yes i have! i really didn’t mind it, which is what i was afraid of. however, i’ve been really iffy on if i could run in them (for safety/comfort purposes) until i saw a woman running in them last weekend. i ran in them yesterday and the jury is still out, but it was so far so good!
I hated all earbuds until I tried Yurbuds – they have special, smaller ones made for women. They’re amazing – I love both the regular ones, and the over-the-ear ones (you can’t even feel them). I can’t believe how well they stay in while running!
Umm, I’m beginning to think that your husband and my fiancé are secretly twins or something. Horse racing? Watches? Country music CD sets? So many ideas for Christmas and birthday! Thanks for the inspiration!
love the stickygrams on my fridge, too. just bought another set.
Don’t you mean “for her and /or him”? Sorry, the “she and him” is driving me nuts
no i meant “she and him” – it’s a play on a christmas album: http://www.amazon.com/A-Very-She-Him-Christmas/dp/B005KJZDXK
Great ideas! I really need to get started on my Christmas shopping… this helps :)
Another AWESOME roundup of stuff and I know, takes forever to assemble with all the links, descriptions, and just keeping it all straight. My hat is off to you!
Gina – yes she looks amazing!!! and I think I need her new DVD too. So proud of her that she came out with it!
The Art of Shaving – Scott is their #1 customer. I think he single-handedly pays the San Diego location’s rent. Yeah, that place is nuts$$ but hey, if some shaving stuff is going to really make that much difference to how you feel, look, your day, then go for it (he claims it does).
Those Kate Spade earrings…I need them in every color!
Question b/c I know you’re a huge bookworm, WHAT do you do with all your books and cookbooks? I have two huge bookshelves that are literally packed with books. At least 500 books. I hate parting with cookbooks especially b/c I never know when I may need them or get inspired to make something. Do you donate them to libraries, friends, etc or literally just keep them all? Where do you put them? I have no garage and no basement!
for our fiction/nonfiction books that we love to read, we keep ones on a bookshelf up in a bedroom we have, and some random others (like old chick lit, etc) in a giant tupperware container (or 2, haha) and have them in our basement. we donate a chunk of books that we can let go of too, but he can do that easier than i can. :) as for cookbooks… ugh, they are overtaking my life too! i have some in the kitchen, some on a shelf in a sitting room and others just in large piles around my house. ha!!
Great post!! I now have many new additions to my Christmas list!! :)
This must have taken you forever!!!!!!!!! Love it.
I need to splurge and get those Beats headphones, I love them too. Ear buds hurt me too, esp the Apple ones. It’s like I have weirdly shaped ears or something.
Are you doing (can you do) a beauty lovers list???? Then I can just print and show to my family?! Please???
I second this request!
i wasn’t planning on doing a beauty list just because it would be very repetitive to my favorites and sephora VIB list: http://www.howsweeteats.com/2013/11/sephora-vib-sale-wish-list/
honestly, if i had a bunch of new things or stuff i haven’t mentioned, i would make one, but my suggestions would truly be the things i’ve been sharing in my faves!
yay, thank you so much for the shout out! love you, friend.
and now i need a pair of tieks ;)
Great list! I definitely pinned some gift ideas for the holidays. I just got my first pair of beats in purple and LOVE them.
I love all of these! What a great assortment of gifts!
You should check out popsockets.com for an iPhone and iPad gift. I have them and they are great for taking pictures with the iPhone or propping the iPad and iPhone up for checking recipes.
I 100% agree with Ipsy and Julep!!! I actually just gifted my nail polish-loving cousin a Julep subscription. I would super duper appreciate it if anyone interested in joining/buying a gift subscription for a loved one would use my referral link!! Thank you!!!! http://www.ipsy.com/r/11ar aaaand http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/184696/
You are my hero!!! I just bought pretty much everything on this list. Ha! Keep ’em coming, please and thank you! :)
So much to love in one post!!
Basically all the Kate Spade links I adore. Especially, those notebooks. I just bought new (and boring) ones at target, but I would LOVE those as a gift! And the Mini M.A.C.S! So freaking cute!
Oh and Gina’s DVD! So exciting for her! I have been following her for years and you are right, she is the cutest!
Great ideas!! I especially like the Beachbody recommendations !! Insanity and Turbofire are awesome.. and I LOVE the muscle tone i got from ChaLEAN Extreme! What a fun post!
You don’t even have to get a cheap remote controlled helicopter — go for the slightly pricier ones, especially if your recipient is anything like my husband. He loves tinkering with things, and has had the best time making modifications to the helicopter I bought him 2 years ago!
yes! GOLD!! i pinned so MANY of these onto my gifts board! pleeeeeease keep doing these. I feel like that boring person that buys jewelry, dvd sets and commerical candles every year! i’m making a vow to change my ways! with your help ;)
Speaking of subscription boxes have you heard of this one: https://www.julibox.com/about ? They send you recipes and ingredients (liquor and mixers) for two cocktails each month! We have used many of your recipes (apple cider sangria? yes, please) but this could make a cool gift for those who like a variety but don’t want to keep a full bar..
I think that books are the best thing to get men or women. I think they feel more personalized, more special. I found a bonus book this year that will appeal to both men and women! It is extremely funny, unique, and I can’t wait for my friends and family to read it. he book is called “Sex, Rain, and Cold Fusion” by author A.R. Taylor (www.lonecamel.com). The book follows physicist David Oster on his difficult journey through adulthood. He is an intelligent man plagued with making poor decisions in life and love. He has an overly complicated sex life and is trying to make his passion of studying underwater physics a reality. The book appeals to mean and women because it’s witty and funny and has everything from: murder and sex to a comical look at the world of physics and dynamic hilarious characters. I would say the book is “geek chic” and definitely borders on comedy that can be compared to the “Big Bang Theory” or Chris Buckley’s “Thank You for Smoking.” All the book lovers in your life will definitely enjoy this!
I usually pride myself in finding the perfect gifts for loved ones….but wow! You did all the work for me! I just bought four gifts for people in a matter of about five minutes. Awesome list! Keep them coming!
Curious, what color Kate Spade studs do you have? I want them all!
Thanks for posting such a great gift list and keep them coming.
GREAT list! Thank you!!
I’m totally buying my husband a Jawbone UP (like the FitBit) bc he said he’s finally tired of giving up on his goals and he wants to be more fit!
I LOVE the Kate Spade suggestions. Addicted to everything of hers. I think if you know someone uses her agendas (ah hem, me) then getting the refill for the next year’s calendars is such a great idea too.
I want the lenses for my iPhone! And the Beats headphones too. I told my husband I want the hot pink ones because I feel like I’m dying every time i stick in ear buds.
Love your ideas! I see you are going to post homemade bitters soon. I def want to make those. I was thinking of homemade cocktail cherries as well…maybe some sort of Old Fashioned kit as a gift to the husband???
Pingback: Bean Bytes 65
Pingback: Five [Awesome] Things I Read This Week, 11.29.2013 | pink-briefcase
What’s the controversy with the lululemon scarves??? I haven’t heard anything about this!
Pingback: Five [Awesome] Things I Read This Week, 12.06.2013 (remix) | pink-briefcase
Pingback: Seriously Delish Holiday Details! | How Sweet It Is