DIY extra dirty martini bar and happy hour things!
I hope you’re an olive freak like me!
Because let’s be honest. Like pickles, I can straight up drink the juice. And… I kinda do. With booze.
A few weeks ago I did another project with my favorites dellalo foods and we served up the perfect summer happy hour, starting with this dirty martini bar. It wasn’t all my idea (my cousin lacy definitely gets the credit due to her love of dirtays), but we created some delicious dirties with the most trashed up olives everrr.
It was seriously hard to not eat the entire bowls that were stuffed to the brim.
P.S. if you’re not an olive fan, I get it. Eddie doesn’t like olives – however, he also “doesn’t like pickles” and I watched him eat an entire plate of fried pickles on Friday night. Whatever that means.
So! Back to our little bar. At the Delallo store, they have the cadillac of olive bars and I usually go nuts with a container and a fork.
We stuffed some with cold goat cheese and others with those tangy red peppers I lose my mind over. Then we used some gorgonzola stuffed olives, some almond stuffed olives AND some jalapeño stuffed olives rolled in crushed red pepper flakes. In case you like it hot hot hot. Totally could do candied jalapeños in there too? Eeeek.
Also, you can do other cheeses like feta or ummm maybe some of that merlot soaked parmesan? OMG. Brain melting.
Since I’m not all about drink and no eat, I made lots of fantastic snacks that I’m going to tell you about this week! They include my ignorant self and a grill and almost catching everything on fire, but you can see some of that in the video below. Get some sneak peekage. Then make a cocktail!
DIY EXTRA Dirty Martini Bar
stuff you need:
- a bunch of martini glasses, preferably straight out of the freezer
- a cocktail shaker
- a ton of HUGE pitted green olives without pimentos
- a jar of brine that the olives lived in
- goat cheese
- gorgonzola cheese
- roasted red peppers
- sliced or candied jalapeño peppers, seeds removed if you don’t want to be too spicy
- crushed red pepper flakes, if you’re crazy
- marcona almonds, in my opinion they are the BEST
- vodka or gin, your preference (i choose gin)
- dry vermouth
- First off, stick your martini glasses in the freezer. It’s okay if they are only in there for 30 minutes or so. Chill ’em! Start by stuffing your olives and placing them bowls. I found that using the back end of a spoon or a tiny cocktail fork aided in filling the olives – it will be slightly messy though.
- You can leave the olives separate in the bowls, but the best dirty martini must have THREE olives, so I suggest skewering them on a bamboo skewer or tiny toothpick to make it easy for people to grab. If you want to roll any of the olives in the crushed red pepper flakes, roll them first, then skewer them.
- Everyone likes their martinis a little different, but I love the combo of about 2 ounces of gin, almost 1 full ounce of olive brine (OMG) and a few drops of dry vermouth – maybe a little less than half an ounce. Shake the gin, brine and vermouth in a shaker with ice then pour into your frosty martini glass. Drop in a skewer of olives and you’re good to go!
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
I see those olives and my mouth waters. For real.
34 Comments on “DIY extra dirty martini bar and happy hour things!”
Oh my gosh! This does look like the happiest hour. I love olives though not necessarily martinis but this is super cute. I cannot wait to see these dishes this week! Yum!
Adorable video!! I’m not one for martinis, but I’ll be anxiously waiting for the food recipes!
Well, you killed me. I’m dead.
I want that video to be my summer.
So funny, I was literally shaking a dirty martinI and glanced over at my phone and Google now informed me of this new post. You and I would be good friends haha
its official..I Love you!!!!! this is amazing!
I adore a good, filthy martini! Olives and I? Yea, we are bff. I don’t think I’d go for the pepper though. I do enjoy a martini rimmed with salt and pepper like a bloody mary.
Love the video Jessica!! And olives FOR THE WIN!!
Trying this tonight after work! Sounds amazing! x
Alex | PinkElephantBlog
Thanks for these great ideas! I absolutely LOVE dirty martinis!! :)
I love martinis, I love olives (especially blue cheese ones) and I love snacks! This video is so fun!
Your videos are my favorite! They’re so cute and fun, just like you! :)
LOVE the video!! So many great ideas for food! OMG!
I just came back from vacation that ended with a night in Vegas and the DIRTIEST martini of my life that was nothing short of amazing. As it damn well should’ve been for $20 ;) Cutest video ever btw!
I am SO DOING THIS!
oh my gosh love the video…i want to come to your happy hour…everything looks so delicious!
The dirtiest martinis are truly the best. :) Love this ides for an amazing party!
Definitely would go with jalapenos and red pepper flakes – but I’m not crazy. I use the combo a lot, and it’s damn good. =) Especially with eggs.
I am a huge olive fan, and definitely loving this!
LOVE the video!!!!
EEEKkk! I love this video! I hope we get to see how to make those burgers this saturday!
dirty martinis used to soooooo be my thing…but I’ve never had one with red pepper flakes. challenge accepted!
Umm…martini party?!! Yes please!! Love the red pepper idea :)
sqeek!!! oh my i LOVEEEE dirty martinis. This is like a fantasy come to life. Why can’t we be friends in real life?? Sigh.
we can every day @ 4 pm dirty martinis !!!
OMG. I’m so with you dirty martinis and I’m SO glad you just assume gin. vodka martinis… ugh!
Pingback: Friday Faves and a Father’s Day Favorites Recipe Round-Up
ok cutest video ever, next time i want to see you talk!
ok cutest video ever, but next time i want to see you talk!
OMG girl I love you,, I thought I was the only crazy woman who LOVES DIRTY … and I do all the things you do and my friend s think I am nuts – hmmmm hot nuts !
Pingback: 3200 words on being pregnant. I’m not kidding. | How Sweet It Is
Pingback: Girls’ Night In Recipe Round Up
Hey guys, so with this pandemic, I finally got my bartending degree @CoronaImmuneOverdaKitchenSink and let me tell you—- I’ve tried all sorts of Martini recipes. My favorite has to be 50/50 and then 1 full ounce of Brine and three Huge Olives, but I did what you said with the crushed peppers: O.M.G. game Changer!!!!
Pingback: Artist Spotlight Series: Margaret Cheatham Williams - The English Room
This is BY FAR the best ratio for a good DM!