1. The amount of fruit we are going through is nutso. It is so good right now and it’s only going to get better as the summer moves on and is it insane that I’m excited about that? I guess it’s better then dunking my head into a vat of ice cream. (which happens anyway.)
2. I have been dreaming of this kale caesar salad with hard boiled eggs. RIDICULOUS.
3. Magazine hoarding is taking over my life. I have an extreme magazine fixation but with no time to read them lately (I’m picking books instead), they are building a fort around us.
4. You must must must must must read this post and watch this video by Andie. Whether you’ve followed her blog or not (which you totally should be) it.is.incredible. I’ve watched it three times. And laughed out loud every time and then cried. All the feelings.
5. I’ve finally convinced Eddie that he likes pickles. This is both good and bad considering someone can share my pickle love but also terrible since I’ve been going through jars like they’re going out of style since I was like ten years old.
6. Um. Ginger beer in sangria. This is a thing. I’ll tell you about it soon. In the meantime, DO IT.
7. Oooh. Have you started to watch Orange is the New Black yet? My secondhand embarrassment and gag reflex are over the top but I’m liking it more than I did last season. Kind of. It’s sucked me in!
8. Jimmy Fallon and JLo and tight pants. I am so uncomfortable right now.
9. This is what happens on every episode of barefoot contessa. Whaaaaat. Giggling.
10. I literally just burnt 8 slices of bacon – to the point of being BLACK – while writing this. I’m a well-done bacon person but this is atrocious. If you’re a chewy bacon person… how do you deal? Also, not sure if I could make you breakfast then.
22 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Ha. Just buy double the amount of pickles and you’ll be good!
I binge watched season two over the course of one and a half days and am actually upset with myself for not pacing myself! Loved season 2 more than one and I was pretty embarrassed throughout the entire thing!
totally obsessing over fresh apricots from my FM, too!
(Sort of) funny story – my boyfriend tried to make me sangria for my birthday this year, but bought “Ginger Ale” from the beer/alcohol section of Trader Joe’s, so I sent him back out for “regular” ginger ale. Turns out, I am a fool and the Ginger Ale is non-alcoholic and delicious, but I still haven’t tried it in sangria.
Agreed on OitNB (is that the cool way to abbreviate it? I have no idea.) I’m 6 episodes in and liking this season even better than the last one!
Thank you thank you for sharing the TEDx talk. I needed that
Chewy bacon = disgusting! How does anyone eat it that way?
Thank you so much for sharing that video of Andie! I really needed that today, especially since it is a Tuesday – ha! Have a great week. :)
oh.my.gawd. that blog post. that TEDx talk. I like want to be her friend! Then I sent the link to people in my kickboxing class. Ugh i’m sure i’m going to read it a few more times and obviously start following her blog now…… wiping tears away.
Super crispy bacon for life!
The best (and first) ginger beer I ever had was 20+ years ago in New Zealand. I could never find another brand in the states that matched up. I am intrigued by the ginger beer/sangria paring, however. Sounds perfect for summer! Second, because this is obviously a VERY important topic that should pull me away from work…BACON. I don’t like it chewy, OR well done. The best is when the fat is slightly crispy, but then melts in your mouth. Have you discovered chicharron? My in-laws from New Mexico make it and it’s SO GOOD and is nothing like the pork rinds from the store.
PEACHES!! That is my favorite summer treat. Fresh peaches. If I can pick them myself even better.
Barefoot Contessa Link was hilarious! Ridiculously on point… and yet I keep watching :)
Easiest way to get the best ever crispy bacon – http://www.baconmethod.com
Not even kidding; changed the way (and how often), I cook bacon.
Thanks friend! :) xo Wish I could bring you a big bowl of it!
Ahh that kale salad looks AWESOME!!
Couldn’t quite get your feeling on Ina. Were you bashing or supporting? Hoping for the later.
I LOVE the tight pants skit on JF. Thanks for the hints regarding ginger beer and ummmmm where did you find that gorgeous shot if all those peaches? Ours always look like the just got in a gang fight
Just started Orange is the new Black! I have a feeling that I am going to love this show. :D
You can love Ina and still agree with the Buzzfeed post because it’s pretty true. She’s a trip. I wish to be reincarnated as Jeffrey.
I cannot tell you how much I laughed at the Barefoot Contessa montage — and I was reading it while waiting to go into an important meeting! I just couldn’t contain myself!
I also hoard magazines! Magazine exchange?
I still need to check out Orange is the New Black. Thanks for the reminder. That kale salad is going to be my favorite this summer, as I am growing a ton of it in my garden. Definitely pinning it – thank you!
OMG that Barefoot Contessa thing was HILARIOUS! I tried explaining it to my husband, but how do you explain why that’s funny to someone who’s never seen her show? Also, did you see the JImmy Fallon and Will Ferrell tight pants? I watch it like every week…