1. These double chocolate creme fraiche cupcakes are KILLING ME today. Oooomph.
2. I have the craziest phobia of falling down the steps. Is this a real thing? I also have a phobia of other people falling down steps. Maybe it’s the height thing?
3. Kristen has me obsessed with the idea of bullet journaling. I have no idea how I would find the time to do this, but as fanatic I am about pens, paper and doodling, it might be a good way to reset/recharge in the morning or evening and help the work/life balance that I soooo don’t have going on. Have you tried this?
4. Can we talk about how much I’m dying over the Gwen Stefani Urban Decay collaboration? I haven’t caved yet but eeeep I love her so much. PLUS since she has been Eddie’s crush for 20 years, I think that justifies any purchase.
5. Speaking of, are you a Black Friday shopper? Do you wake up at 3am and head out? Or at like, midnight on Thanksgiving? Tell me the deets and I’ll think of you while I’m cuddled in bed.
6. 8 ways to wake up earlier. Can you do it?
7. For my TV obsessions this week, I loved The Affair episode but thought it was kind of one of those filler episodes they need to stick in towards then end. I can’t believe there are only two left. WAH. Homeland was SO freaking good, but I thought the ending with Carrie’s discovery was a little cheesy. I’m so glad this show is back to being GOOD though. And Walking Dead?? Thoughts? I’m happy but have a feeling this coming week will bring something very bad. I’m waaaay too invested. Scandal had me all WTF and Grey’s: hello worst storylines ever. So done.
8. Christmas decor is in full swing and can we talk about how Target has mini trees for EIGHT dollars?! Would it be too much to put a mini tree in Max’s room before he is one. Hmmmm.
9. P.S. in case you missed it, my 2015 his & hers gift guides went up last week – and more are coming tomorrow! P.P.S. I’m also going to tell you about my favorite movies and music… oooh oooh.
27 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
In the words of the Biebs (help, I am quoting a total miscreant), Black Friday can go love itself. As an economist and a complete misanthrope, I appreciate that the negative utility of getting up before my already-stupidly-early hour and fighting the angry hordes totally offsets any crazy savings I may get; so I will continue to shop on the internets. Yay, internets! Also, hey: remember when you used to have to PHONE someone to order from catalogs?
100% have the falling down the stairs phobia, combined with the “I’m afraid this giant in front of me with the suitcase is going to fall down the stairs on top of me” Also, you crack me up
Re: waking up earlier. I’d never had any success until I became obsessed with Barre classes and then had to fit them into my schedule by going early in the morning (7:15 is my usual class, so I have to leave my house by 7). They charge you if you don’t show up for your scheduled class, or if you don’t cancel before 4 hours before class. The financial implications of not showing up have had a huge impact on my ability to get up early. Now I’m up and out of the house by 7 multiple days a week and I feel so much better about how I spend my time.
black friday is a no go for me, too. i’m not a huge fan of shopping to begin with (but oooh grocery shipping and bookstores and williams sonoma and sur la table), added with waking up early (even 830 is too much for me) and all the crowds = big fat no. i’ll be baking instead (:
my biggest fear is falling down stairs and breaking my neck and dying buuuuuut i’m working on conquering this by running the stadium steps at our football stadium once a week!
Single Helen is my spirit animal.
Oh, I’m so with you on the stairs thing! I slipped down a flight of stairs as a child and while I didn’t get hurt, I think that scarred me for life…
I just spent the last 90 minutes or so in a Bullet Journal black hole…this morning I had never heard of it, and now I can’t wait to get started on my own! Not sure if my journal will be as colorfully cool as everyone else’s but I’m getting inspired clicking one great idea after another!
Guess I should get back to work now…but thanks for the distraction!
YES to the falling down stairs phobia, for myself AND others. What?!
If you get a good amount of black Friday deals, please post a quick list! Max will behave because, duh, shopping. ;)
What is that pink stuff above, or did I miss something in your comments?
Not falling down stairs, but I cannot use stairs that have open treads as I am terrified my foot will fall in between the steps (which obviously would mean instant death).
oh my gosh, YES, put a mini tree in Max’s room! (oh hi, bad influence). We had them in our rooms growing up and I adored it.
re: bullet journaling, it’s just a simple organizational framework to keep your planner or journal organized and consistent. I’ve been using it this year with just my favorite pen and lined paper :) But because the framework is so simple and customizable, a lot of people have turned their bullet journals into gorgeous art journals. The key is to not overthink it – make lists when they would be helpful, doodle if you want, whatever!
I never used to be a morning person at all – but as I’ve gotten older, I enjoy the two hours I have in the morning to do whatever the hell I want before I have to leave for work. Because it is all about me, right?! :P
I used to love reading about your thoughts on the Leftovers! Have you not watched this season? It is seriously amazing – 10000x better than the first season.
We have just started the second series of The Affair here in the UK and it gets good ;-) (or maybe you have already finished the 2nd series in the US?)
The Affair episode – I agree a filler but GOOD. Can’t wait for it to hit the fan with the defense argument.
Homeland- Another show I’ve just started watching bc you kept talking about it. LOL I’m halfway through season one.
Walking Dead- Sh** is about to go down and you know they will leave us hanging until Feb. So glad they gave us one thing we’ve been wondering about without making us wait until spring.
Grey’s: SUCKING. Not a fan of how it’s going down. It’s like they are trying too hard to make up for Derek being gone???
I’m here to help you justify that mini tree purchase for Max…it will double as a nightlight for the little dude, I say go for it! You’re welcome :)
Yes, TWD! Something very bad is going to happen. Kind of feel like we’ve gotten a very brief reprieve with Glenn. I hope not but…
Can I suggest a new show? Aziz Ansari’s, Master of None. Funny and absolutely brilliant. Trying so hard not to binge out but I only have 2 episodes left. Please give it a try if you’re looking for a new show. It’s on Netflix.
I already bought the white mini tree with mini pastel ornaments and put in the nursery for my daughter…..she’s due in 5 weeks. ? I’d say it’s fine for Max. Go for it!
The day I moved into my fiancé’s house I fell down the stairs twice in front of him. At least he learned what he was getting into.
Max should definitely have a tree in his room! Both my kids have 4′ trees in their rooms. As they’ve gotten older (5 and 3), I’ve let them put the ornaments on by themselves. It’s so cute to see them cluster all the ornaments to one side of the tree. We recently changed my daughter’s room colors, and she was so excited to pick out new decorations for her tree. They both really love having their own tree. Heck- I like it so much I’m thinking about putting a tree in my room, too (not sure what the hubby will think about that…)!
The Affair has 4 more episodes left this season! They ordered 12 instead of 10! ?
You know what ELSE Target has??? Little TINY trees for $3 that are actually extremely cute. I bought one IMMEDIATELY.
Those double chocolate creme fraiche cupcakes look amazing!!!
Thanks for the link love, Jessica! Happy Thanksgiving!!! xoxo