Chocolate Stuffed Oatmeal Bars.
I present to you the exact way I want to eat oatmeal, forever.
Do you see that chew? That chocolate? That perfect little square? Guys: FIVE INGREDIENTS. That’s it.
Thank goodness it’s Friday because after seeing that, I’m just done for the week. DONE. High five emoji.
Oh wait! But it gets better. Not only do we have those chewy oats, but chocolate peanut butter swirl?
Hi, apparently I’m dead because this is my heaven.
That peanut butter chocolate swirl is stuffed INSIDE the chewy oats. YES.
You know those wonderful chewy and delicious granola bars that you found in your lunchbox as a kid? These are those, times ten. They are granola bar dessert. Granola bar treats. Chewy, sweet, buttery and filled with an intense chocolate center.
These bars come from the Cookies and Cups cookbook, which will be released by my friend Shelly next week! You are going to want to eat the entire inside of the book, I swear. It’s a dream come true. And Shelly is the cutest and I adore her. She KNOWS her dessert.
I’ve been waiting with bated breath to tell you about her book, after receiving an early copy to blurb and seriously flipping over the recipes. So many wonderful classics but so many creative recipes – I can’t even tell you. There are savory recipes in the book as well – and I’m losing my brain over garlic bread pasta. Uh huh. GARLIC BREAD PASTA.
You need to order a copy so you can have it first thing next week!
In the meantime, I’ll be over here trying not to stuff my face with oatmeal bars. I made these as part of our meal prep last Sunday (every week needs a treat, right?!) and it’s a legit miracle that there are any left. Eddie doesn’t care for oatmeal cookies and even he couldn’t stop grabbing squares. These might overtake my love for oatmeal in cookies – and think of all the flavors?!
Now, you have weekend plans.
Chocolate Stuffed Oatmeal Bars
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup loosely packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with aluminum foil.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter and sugar over medium heat, whisking until the sugar dissolves. Cook until it’s bubbling and let it boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the oats until completely moistened. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a bowl. Melt in the microwave (30 seconds at 50% power, stirring after each time) or a double boiler until the chocolate chips are melted.
- Press half of the oat mixture into the baking dish. Pour the melted chocolate over top, spreading with a spatula. Gently press the remaining oat mixture over top. Let cool completely or refrigerate (I love these cold!) – let sit for a few hours (3 to 3) before slicing.
And that’s my plan right there.^^^^