Fresh Mango Margarita Frosty.
If you can’t eat a perfect mango straight, what are you going to do with it? That is the question.
Let me help you figure it out. Puhlease. Hint hint.^^^^^
While most food blogs go crazy over the holiday season right before Christmas, I like to think of late April and early May – like these next few weeks – as the craziest and best recipe time on the internets. There are three of my favorite celebrations, Cinco de Mayo, the Kentucky Derby and Mother’s Day that fall all in the same WEEK.
How to choose what to make? What to serve? When and what to celebrate and can we mix some of the dishes?! I vote yes.
You have go to stay tuned. I have a billion and one ideas for you in the next ten days. It’s going to be soooo hard to pick, so I say celebrate three days in a row.
Number one: the frostiest mango margartita, made with fresh fruit, lots of lime, lots of tequila and a touch of grand marnier.
It totally needs to be your cocktail or dessert of choice whether it be this weekend or on cinco de mayo. Let’s say this weekend though. Because I can’t wait one more minute for you to try it. It’s like I’m (not-so) secretly five years old.
I find that mangos are like peaches. I seriously only get about TWO good ones per year. A good mango is a great mango and makes you realize what you’re missing when you live in a chillier climate. A bad mango tastes like sour flowers to me and makes me never want to eat another mango again in my life ever.
Therefore… I bought five. Out of five, I ended up with two-and-a-half good ones (don’t ask) which translated to about 4 to 5 cups of fresh mango chunks. Could they BE anymore delicious?
No they couldn’t Chandler, no they could not.
If you can’t find the fresh GOOD mango, no big deal. Use frozen chunks. I find them at Trader Joe’s or Target. It will make the drink extra frosty and you will probably just want to use a little less ice.
Annnnd as you can see, a few chili powder sprinkles made their way on top of the frosty. It’s completely your choice. Sometimes I’m feeling it, sometimes I’m not.
This entire cup though? I’m feeling the whole thing. It tastes like SUMMER.
Now the question: slurp or spoon?
Fresh Mango Margarita Frosty
- 4 cups fresh mango chunks
- 4 cups ice
- 1/2 cup silver tequila
- 1/2 cup freshly squeeze lime juice
- 1/4 cup grand marnier liqueur
- pinch of salt
- lime wedges for garnish
- chili powder for sprinkling
- simple syrup, if needed for sweetness
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and… blend! Taste and if desired, add a little more tequila or a little simple syrup – whatever you need. I like to blend without the simple syrup and then taste and add it if the mango is not sweet enough.
- Spoon the frosty into cups and serve with lime wedges. Sprinkle with chili powder if you’d like!
- If your mango isn’t sweet enough, add a few tablespoons of simple syrup! To make the syrup, heat 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water over medium heat, whisking until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil then turn off the heat and let cool to room temp.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
p.s. slurp is one of THOSE words. Makes me cringe.
55 Comments on “Fresh Mango Margarita Frosty.”
Pingback: 13 Summer BBQ Drinks to Make For Your Next BBQ Party - Chaps Pit Beef
Pingback: The Grown-Up Way To Drink Tequila – Trendyhealthyfood
Pingback: 15 Frozen Cocktail Recipes to Try ASAP
Pingback: 30 Delicious Meals To Cook While On Quarantine – RedShotgun
Seriously these were restaurant quality and I put chamoy and tajin on mine and WOW!